OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

well starlight, (btw dont read this unless you are caught up in the manga) [spoiler] it would seem as though he is dead, with the possibility of Chouji also being dead. For some reason though I have the feeling Chouji will live and Neji will die. I dont know why and I have no proof of it, but the way they build neji up as a genious, and his last words about Naruto, it makes me think that is what they were going for, a memorable death that will make you cry. Chouji's on the other hand wasnt as dramatic, but still sad. I guess we will just have to wait and see, it should be revelaed probably in the next 5-10 chapters I would think. ::crosses fingers::.[/spoiler] But yeah, as I said all speculation on my part.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Hey! What was that for, you jackass?! >:^O And it's not like it hurt anyway...*maniacal laughter* I mean, my uber-ninja skills allow me to ignore pitiful, juvenile, attacks like that! *hobbles off into the corner to plot revenge*

Anyway, [Spoiler]I find the theory that Jiraiya is Naruto's grandfather to be rather, well...funny? Jiraiya doesn't seem like the kind of person who would wander off and leave his son or daughter (and eventually grandson) for as long as he was away. He would have come back to take care of Naruto when he found out his son/daughter had died. At least, I imagine he would have. >_>

I seriously doubt that Yondaime was Naruto's father. It would be [i]way[/i] too cliche. : / But then again, what if it turns out that Orochimaru is Naruto's father?! : O[/Spoiler] *watches every one fall over*

[Spoiler]And NEJI IS NOT DEAD!!! *runs into a corner (again : / ), and starts crying* How dare you suggest that?! >:^O NEJIII~~II!!!![/Spoiler] (Hm...Skippedry, did that there just count as spam? XD) *throws a codfish at you*

[Spoiler]If Neji died, however, *gush of tears* it [i]would[/i] bring about a great amount of character development when it comes to Hinata, Hanabi, Hiashi (H, H, H...o_o""), and Ten-Ten. And other people, too.[/Spoiler]

Finally: I saw episodes 83 and 82! T_T Baka no BitTorent... >:^O[/FONT][/COLOR]

Heres a good question for you. Which one is cooler: Gaara, Rock Lee, or Sasuke. Personly I like Gaara. A friend of mine likes Rock Lee. (not for looks i can tell yea) not that theres anything wrong with Rock Lee its just the eyebrow. It's scary. but all in all he is cool. So vote and tell me why you like that person!
Dead-Angel

[size=1][b][color=green]We like to keep one topic for each anime in the Anime Lounge, so I simply merged your thread with the pre-existing one, and also kept the poll for you. - PiroMunkie[/b][/size][/color]

[color=green][size=1]

I've only read up to volume three of the Naruto Manga's, and information that I hold past that is what I've learned on the interenet. And beleive me, I do read alot of Naruto on the Internet. I like the universe built around Naruto, and how it is able to explain its self. Kinda like Gundam in the sense it created the world with different types of Ninja and fighitng style (apposed to Mobile Suits and Sides to the War). I enjoy the different techniques and how their carried out with hand signs, which I often mimmic out of boredom. Naruto has urned place as my favorite Manga book, ever. Some say its too shallow and predicatable, but I still enjoy its style and artwork.

Oh, and my favorite character is none other than the simply great Rock Lee. Reason for this is because he is the only shinobi unable to use magic, and he therefore compensates by having his body in such great tune. And the "Extreme Lotus" is totally awsome. I salute you, Rock Lee![/color][/size]

Something that has always bewildered me is the sheer number of people who love Naruto-related shounen-ai. Is the series like Yu Yu Hakusho in the sense that it provides some reasonable justification for m/m pairings which aren't technically canon? Let's disregard the fact that YYH's creator actually confirmed the existence of one such relationship.

More importantly, does this eventually happens to all shounen anime with moderately attractive character designs? So far the evidence points to a solid yes... ^_^;

~Dagger~

[color=green][size=1]

Much to my disliking, the Naruto shounen-ai fantasies would be extremely hard and hypocritical to pull off. It seems the the creator has paired up all of the characters basically with their female or male counter part, or atleast, most. The only character I know that would possibly be gay, would probably be Sasuke (which is proven unlikely when he asks how Sakura feels about him to Naruto while training in the woods of Land of Waves) and Gaara, who probably is just a pshycho who kills everything in his path.

But what gets me ticked, it when they pair up characters like Naruto/Sasuke. They may hold a respect for each other, but they still highly dislike each other. And while Naruto is occupied with [spoiler]Hyuga Neiji[/spoiler], Sasuke is working out things with Sakura, while Rock Lee, is still trying to when over her. I guess thats the fate, though, of all mildly attractive shounen characters...*sigh*[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Hey! Gaara is not just a psycho who kills everything in his path! [Spoiler]He and Lee have a nice, philosophical discussion about life and precious people! They're acting like best-friends now! : D They make a pretty cool pair of pals, actually (just pals, you perverts), seeing as they're so...different. ^.^[/Spoiler]

I honestly don't know where all these things spring from, Skippedry. O_o"" I mean, it's cute seeing Kakshi x Iruka pairings, but when people start defying all laws of common logic and pair Orochimaru with Naruto... Aiya.

Actually, Reflux, I think the character most likely to be gay would be Kakashi (but I doubt there are any actual gay characters : / ), but whatever.

I wish I could show you guys the print I bought at the convention. Haha...

Oh, and by the way...

[CENTER][Spoiler][SIZE=4][b]ENTER TSUNADE![/B][/SIZE][/Spoiler][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

Naruto rox!!! I just love this show, and everyone else should also. I only have one thing to say, Itachi and Neji are mine!! MINE!!!!!!! Anyone who has a complaint can come see me, but their not getting those boys! Their mine!!!!!! :flaming:

[FONT=Century Gothic]If you ask me, Gaara's sort of hot in that get-away-from-me-or-you'll-wish-you-were-never-born kind of way. And actually most of the guys in Naruto are hot. I agree with you, Dark Sakura, Itachi and Neji are also hot (don't worry, though, I'm not going to take them ;) ). Ahhhh......so many guys, so little time.
Oh, I also have another thing to say. Why is it they make Sakura seem like just a lovestruck, airheaded girl in the beginning (at least in the manga, I'm not sure about the anime)? Sure, there are some parts where you can tell that she's the smartest in her class, but...... ah, oh well. I was just wondering about that.

Later days!! [/FONT]

Lol, Dead-Angel's forum got merged... Hey Dead-Angel Chan how do you know it's not for looks....HUH? answer that!!! <_< >_> <_<..............whatever. I do not like Garra at all. I can understand his situation....[spoiler].but he HURT Lee....hurt as in ruined his life, hurt.[/spoiler]

Anyway......I've satrted modifying some of my pants to use as Garra's for our convention! W/e See ya @ school!

Another merge eh. :shakes fist at dagger: ermm i sorry :hugs dagger:

Anyway, I have to say this....(only read if you are COMPLETELY caught up) [spoiler] what the hell were they thinking with Tsunades voice!! She sounds like a more womanly Naruto!! And from the parts of her we see, she looks FAT. If they mess up my favorite character, I am soooooo done with the anime. I expected it to be a more womanly "sexy" voice, not some high pitched annoying voice. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but I was dissapointed. And Jiraiya!! He is teh awsome, but how dare he allow my Sasuke to get beat down!! :hugs Itachi: AHHH mixed feelings :runs away: [/spoiler] So what did you all think? :punches Godel:

[COLOR=Navy]But... that wasn't me! Oh, well, I'll take the hug anyway. ^_~

--Dag[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Unches? What's an unches? *blink blink*

[Spoiler]AAAAARGH. Shizune's voice was terrible. Tsunade's voice was terrible. Tsunade's proportions were not there. >:^O
She should have a deep, imposing, manic voice. Kind of just like Seineth Lulu Giatt.^^

Tsunade is the kind of character who is always in charge, even when she's not Hokage. How dare they screw with that image?!

And did you hear about the possibility of the show's introducing a major character that did not appear in the manga? I hate it when that kind of thing happens. Damn them...>_>

I'm glad Gaara's come to his senses, while retaining some of that manic killer essence. And, boy, is his shirt cool. ^.^[/FONT][/COLOR][/Spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I'm pretty confused with Tsunade. Manga and Anime were not equal. Anyway. I'm cosplaying as her for a convention. Any one know of a GOOD full body COLORED picture of Tsunade? I'm Havin' some problems with that.........

Anyway about my relations post. Found out the person I got that from was on pot. So scratch that.
[spoiler] but I still think that Yondaime is Naruto's father.....Even if some don't!. There are just to many similarites.......and I know that Kakashi was in Yondaime's team. but that bit with Jiraiya being naruto's grand pops....What the hell was he thinking..o wait he was on POT! Lol....whatever..[/spoiler]...I :love: ROCK LEE!!! HE'S ALL MINE!!!! BACK OFF!!!!! *HISSSSSS* He simply is the best. and I wwill fight to prove that. Sorry if I sound like a bi*ch..... :confused:

I actually like Tsunade alot more now. I think they were just making her voice all high and annoying, because when she speaks normally, It actualy does come out like I would expect it to. Its not exactly what was in my head, but Its pretty damn close. I also like the way they draw her in the anime more than how they draw her in the manga so far, she just looks better to me for some reason. That may change in the upcoming episode since the Naruto Animators cant seem to get the female form exactly right :glares at Kurenai: But maybe thats just with Kurenais character :crosses fingers:. Cause Anko came out well when they drew her. :sigh: Anyway, I am more exited about the upcoming manga chapters neway. but I/ll save that rant for a future post. ^^

:smites Godel:

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New][Spoiler]And did you hear about the possibility of the show's introducing a major character that did not appear in the manga? I hate it when that kind of thing happens. Damn them...>_>
[/FONT][/COLOR][/Spoiler][/QUOTE]
[spoiler]Yeah, Studio Peirrot said that Naruto needed some "Comic Relief." They claimed that this new person would appear after the movie release in Japan. The way they described his character in the Newtype artical, he sounded just like Jiraiya to me. None of this idea makes any sense, and it ticks me off.[/spoiler]

I can't stand that crap the studio's do. Like with the new Yugioh movie! >_< Whatever, I realized I never really said why I like Naruto and since I practically live off of it. (I wear my Konohagakure Leaf headband like a belt!! ^_~) I figured I'd better. Just to try and Keep this post alive.

Why I love Naruto
The characters. All of the characters in Naruto are so realistic and well rounded. Ok so there are some who have little plot holes in them but It's ok, since most anime's have bigger ones. My favorite Character, Rock Lee (obviously) is so great [spoiler] since he's so determined and hardworking...I'm so glad he gets all fixed up later....*By Tsunade....I think....* So him and Gaara can fight the bone guy together. And I like how Gaara kinda mellowed out *Manga only so far* And him and Lee get kinda buddie buddie.[/spoiler] And I like Sakura, since we are anime doubles, I'm just three years older.....My thing is that people made fun of her large forehead....AND I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. (That isn't a spoiler is it?) And we just act alike or at least that what Dead-Angel tells me.
NINJA'S
I love ninja's. I was a ninja for halloween like, eight times when I was younger. And I just bought some Shuriken and throwing knives (not quite kunai) from a magazine. I just love the Idea of ninjutsu, and genjutsu, and Taijutsu.....since one of my friends uses the same things, or at least talks about all of them but Genjutsu in his....(lemmie see if I can spell this right...) A-kade-o class.

I guess overall.......Naruto just is an amazing show, and to me It's more of a way of life. I really live for Naruto, and it's a really serious thing for me. I just wanted all my fellow fans to know that, and see if maybe, someone was like that to.
:o

That's why I love Naruto too, all of the chararcters are developed well, you know what their personallity is.

To tell you the truth, I have a slightly larger forehead then most people too, though no one really notices it. And I also have this inner me that curses out a lot of people because I never have the heart to say what I'm thinking.

Naruto is kind of a way of life to me too, when Friday and Saturday roll around, I'm usually checking for a new chapter every hour. XD

Another thing that Studio Peirrot may do is let 4kids license Naruto and bring it to America. Naruto is not a kids show, and 4kids already ruined the Shaman King, in my opinion.

Yeah. Naruto is NOT for children. Likke, *this isn't a good example* But Yugioh. They edited alot in that. It was more in the Dailouge then the video though..... And Shaman King. It ROCKS. But not edited like that....Messed up Amidamaru's story. But yeah. I would rather have Naruto on Adult swim or at least Cartoon network. They are more leaniant with blood and swear words. But knowing Shonen Jump, with their thing with Fox. That's where it'll be. And they are also more leaniant than WB. They let Tray say Jackass on Shaman King.

I :love: Rock Lee!

To be honest I dont want NAruto to be released in America, and if they do, I do not want it on television. All they do is mess up a good story, and it will get popular, and it will become a kiddie trend or just get so overexposed most people will get sick of it. Look at DragonballZ/GT, they did so much with that, that many people are sick of it, and to be honest it is a great anime. Overexposure= teh suckage, Naruto should either go right to DVD (with anyone but 4kids) or just stay in Japan.

Oh wow. That's a really good point. and now that I think of it, that does happen. well, I'm changing my movement to the

"BRING THE NARUTO DVD'S TO AMERICA" Movement

Is that better? I hope so.... Cuz I don't want what happened to my sweet Yugioh and Shaman King to happen to me even sweeter Naruto. :( :( :( :( :(

Then again, Inuyasha and Naruto are two shows that I see on the same plain...I like Naruto a lot more, but to me they're just....similar. and Inuyasha is on Adult swim and The most commercial thing I've seen about that, *besides comics and DVD's* was a Tee-shirt at Hot Topic......that's really the only way I'd see it. I think that the people who can't afford DVD's, or have crappy computers should still be able to enjoy Naruto as we do. Cause it can change your life....really. :wigout:

[quote name='SasukeUchiha']To be honest I dont want NAruto to be released in America, and if they do, I do not want it on television. All they do is mess up a good story, and it will get popular, and it will become a kiddie trend or just get so overexposed most people will get sick of it. Look at DragonballZ/GT, they did so much with that, that many people are sick of it, and to be honest it is a great anime. Overexposure= teh suckage, Naruto should either go right to DVD (with anyone but 4kids) or just stay in Japan.[/quote]

Too late, babe. Naruto is already quite overexposed. ;)

I'll admit that Naruto fans are partially justified in being worried about licensing, considering that 4Kids would probably love to sink their claws into the series. However, generally speaking there's no good reason to be against a particular show coming out in America. R1 sales are very, very important to Japanese anime companies, and certain American distributors (mainly ADV and Geneon) have co-produced truly excellent anime (such as Kino's Journey, which is just insanely awesome).

Anyway, what I mean to say is that the money generated by American DVDs actually does a lot to help bolster the anime market in Japan--and heaven knows Naruto will be American industry's biggest cash cow in [I]years[/I]. Unless you've been faithfully buying the R2 version of this series as well as following the digisubs, you've been doing zip to support it. When Naruto comes out in the States, you'll not only be able to watch it with totally accurate subtitles and super-nice video quality (and an English track as well, if you're into dubs), you'll also be able to give a little back to the creators of an anime you love.

Of course, this is based on the somewhat optimistic assumption that Naruto is not destined to be licensed by 4Kids or Nelvana. Keep your fingers crossed, folks. But seriously, there's a big difference between FoxBox, which deals almost entirely with hideously butchered shows, Cartoon Network and The Anime Network (ADV's channel). As far as I know, TAN doesn't censor its series. Adult Swim's edits tend to be pretty minimal and shouldn't affect most people's enjoyment of its anime. While Toonami's censorship is usually much more severe, I think Naruto (if picked up by CN) would probably air on AS alongside properties like Inuyasha and the upcoming Fullmetal Alchemist.

No_Regrets: FUNimation recently obtained the right to release uncut, bilingual Shaman King and Yu-Gi-Oh DVDs. This goes to show that even if Naruto gets taken by 4Kids, you can still have something to hope for. :)

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]
No_Regrets: FUNimation recently obtained the right to release uncut, bilingual Shaman King and Yu-Gi-Oh DVDs. This goes to show that even if Naruto gets taken by 4Kids, you can still have something to hope for. :)

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Oh sweet.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
MMMmmmmmmm Bilingual.......*gargle*
But I'd rather have Naruto taken in by FUNimation, or ADV, (Their Samurai X ROCKS) or even Kodansha *Think that's right.. They did Medabots* But I personally have a grudge against 4kids for what they did to Marik and Bakura's dubs, and Seto's story from Yugioh....

But I'm ok with buying Japanese subbed dvd's or even sometimes Bootlegs, *when I accedentally do....from eBay* But the problem is that sometimes the audio track gets off, or it gets laggy from lots of movement, or it glitches, or worst of all, You can't read the subtitles!!!!! White is a bad sub color. Like most of my Naruto is....>_< White and Italic.....>_<

Guest hexadol
[quote name='Anime_Ninja']I haven't seen Naruto but heard that it was awesome and I read the Manga in Shonen Jump every month. ANIME FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I'm in the same boat as Anime_Ninja. I adore the manga, it has got to be my most favorite one! But I didn't even know it was anime yet, like, i knew it was in japan, but not here. So how are you guys seeing it?!?! [yeah, you've got to remember that your talking to a computerless otaku, boo hoo]

[quote name='hexadol']I'm in the same boat as Anime_Ninja. I adore the manga, it has got to be my most favorite one! But I didn't even know it was anime yet, like, i knew it was in japan, but not here. So how are you guys seeing it?!?! [yeah, you've got to remember that your talking to a computerless otaku, boo hoo][/quote]

Well, If u had a computer, you could download the subbed episodes......or Like I have done on accident......Go to ebay and buy a $30 bootleg..which I'd rather not do...... :cool: All The episodes we've seen were in japanese...just subtitled..like crouching tiger, hidden dragon for example. :babble:

Go Naruto Manga! I want to meet Masashi Kishimoto!!!! It's my dream!
PS. I met someone who went to E3 today. He had a Cowboy Bebop shirt from there. Lucky media.......(PLEASE Excuse my spamming)

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]Too late, babe. Naruto is already quite overexposed. ;)

I'll admit that Naruto fans are partially justified in being worried about licensing, considering that 4Kids would probably love to sink their claws into the series. However, generally speaking there's no good reason to be against a particular show coming out in America. R1 sales are very, very important to Japanese anime companies, and certain American distributors (mainly ADV and Geneon) have co-produced truly excellent anime (such as Kino's Journey, which is just insanely awesome).

Anyway, what I mean to say is that the money generated by American DVDs actually does a lot to help bolster the anime market in Japan--and heaven knows Naruto will be American industry's biggest cash cow in [I]years[/I]. Unless you've been faithfully buying the R2 version of this series as well as following the digisubs, you've been doing zip to support it. When Naruto comes out in the States, you'll not only be able to watch it with totally accurate subtitles and super-nice video quality (and an English track as well, if you're into dubs), you'll also be able to give a little back to the creators of an anime you love.

Of course, this is based on the somewhat optimistic assumption that Naruto is not destined to be licensed by 4Kids or Nelvana. Keep your fingers crossed, folks. But seriously, there's a big difference between FoxBox, which deals almost entirely with hideously butchered shows, Cartoon Network and The Anime Network (ADV's channel). As far as I know, TAN doesn't censor its series. Adult Swim's edits tend to be pretty minimal and shouldn't affect most people's enjoyment of its anime. While Toonami's censorship is usually much more severe, I think Naruto (if picked up by CN) would probably air on AS alongside properties like Inuyasha and the upcoming Fullmetal Alchemist.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

It is not the fact that I do not want to support the companies, if t hey came out I would buy the english dubs just to feed my obcession. Naruto is highly popular, but it hasnt turned into a Pokemon type obcession, which is what I was more specifically referring to. Look at what happened to Shaman King. If you have seen the version that hasnt been cut to crap, its actually good. But look what has happened since its release in America. Alot of the fans of it I know dont even want anything to do with it anymore. Its sad to be honest with you. If Naruto was released, and it wasn't released by a terrible company, or cut to make it something that it is not, then I would be perfectly happy with its release in America. But the chances of a series that long actually not being screwed up in some way is very low. That was my thinking when posting my last post. Oooo, and you called me babe!! :wink wink: :hug:

Other than that explanation I would agree with everything you have said. I look forward to clean versions of Naruto, and I would love to support the creators, and distributors, and other parties involved with Naruto. Even though I dl the manga, I still buy the Manga as it is released in the states. It would be the same for the dvds, if they arent butchered. Mmmk thats enough Rambling, babe. :)