OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

Well, you do have to watch the whole thing to really understand whats going on, and to really appreciate Orochimaru's rambling. The fights do involve some talking, butt hat normally involves strategy, or Sakura screaming "SASUKE-KUN", Naruto talking his smack, or Sasuke calling Naruto Stupid. Flashbacks do tend to happen frequently, and many people do not like them, but most of them occur in the manga, and those that dont normally are used to add to the emotions that run through the story. And there is definitly no lack of violence, but before you keep watching the new episodes you should watch what has been released previously, it is very hard to understand why something is supposed to evoke emotion if you do not get the backstorys of the characters.

BTW its nice to see you take an interest in Naruto. ^^

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=haruno_sakura]
And Godel, you bring up an excellent possiblity that I had not thought about ever, and that is that [spoiler]Yondaime might actually be sealed with Kyuubi within Naruto, but then my question would be, why hadn't Naruto seen or heard Yondaime when he had gone within himself to demand chakra from Kyuubi as he was falling from the cliff that Jiraiya had shoved him from? Wouldn't Naruto then have 3 different chakras instead of two, should Yondaime be within him? Naruto himself says he only feels two different kinds of chakra, and they are his own and Kyuubi's which would then mean that if Yondaime was sealed with Kyuubi within Naruto, he would have to be dormant which would then conflict with the supposed deal of the two sealed souls fighting each other for all eternity.[/spoiler].

And that brings me back to my original question. [spoiler]Where is Yondaime's soul, and is he just alone in some limbo all by himself? And because Sandaime is somewhat in the same position, will he, too, suffer the same fate of loneliness for all eternity? LOL, I actually wish that both Yondaime and Sandaime end up in the same limbo space so that at least they can keep each other company because the thought of both them alone within their own dimension is too depressing haha[/spoiler].

~haruno_sakura[/QUOTE]
Hmm...

Theory Number One
[spoiler]This plot hole is easily explainable when pointing out Naruto's mother. Wait a sec, [I]Naruto has a mother???[/I] He can't have... they never showed her... did she die? We know Naruto has a father, but we hear so little about his mother. Or wait... [I]do[/I] we know Naruto has a father? The relationship between Naruto and Yondaime has been hinted at, but what [I]is[/I] the true relationship? Father sonr? Or... Father Father?

This theory would explain a lot of things. Including how Naruto is able to learn the Rasengan pretty quickly, and some might be able to argue, Naruto's almost obsession with becoming Hokage. Yes, he wants to be Hokage to be acknowledged, but he has become acknowledged by many people... Is there that internal voice saying "return... must return..." The reason Yondaime would not have died might have something to do with the Kyuubi not dying, only being sealed within Naruto's naval.

But that leaves poor old Sarutobi-sensei... Where would he be? Orochimaru didn't die... He might be eternally be kept company by the first two Hokages, whose souls he also pulled out of bodies... But very speculative that is...[/spoiler]

Theory Number Two
[Spoiler]The Fourth Hokage lives in Naruto's naval. This little theory could create such a twist later on in the story. 'The release of the Kyuubi... and the fourth!' But alas, I see it holding very little water... Why has Yondaime's Chakra not been felt? The Kyuubi's chakra [i]may[/i] be surpressing it. I don't see this happening mainly due to the story's complete neglect of hints or clues that might support this theory, it'd be difficult to pull of later on no?[/spoiler]

Theory Number Three
[Spoiler]This theory has more to deal with the second paragraph from the above quote. Where do the signed over souls go after death's side of the bargain hasn't been kept? Well, held in limbo of course. That's where they were promised. But they will get their compensation when the soul they wanted to take with them [i]does[/i] die...

Maybe a chance at the afterlife?[/Spoiler]

Meh... I'm tired... it's almost 2 am... My girlfriend gonna kill me for staying up so late.

:laugh: 'ing nervously,
-ArV

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New][Spoiler]*pictures Yon- and Sandaime playing cards for all eternity* But, wait, they wouldn't have playing cards in limbo (or Naruto's tummy, wherever^^), would they?[/Spoiler]

Oooh! Are we hinting at a consperacy here??[Spoiler]
[COLOR=Black][FONT=Verdana]
[I]The relationship between Naruto and Yondaime has been hinted at, but what is the true relationship? Father sonr? Or... Father Father?[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Father-father? What are you suggesting?? That Naruto and Yondaime are each other's fathers? Or was that a joke?

Back on track:

Yes, it is entirely unreasonable to believe the innitial explanation that, "Naruto's parents died fighting the Kyuubi." Why? Because one doesn't immediately go off and fight a supernatural menace after having a baby. Naruto's father could have been killed by every one's favourite fox demon, but his mother? Uh-uh.
Perhaps Kishimotto-sensei wasn't thinking when he stated what had become of Naruto's parents, or maybe it's all part of a bigger plan.

If Yondaime was, in fact, Naruto's father, wouldn't every one know? Or maybe no one was supposed to. >_> <_<
Jiraiya and all the other old-timers ("old-timers") often say, chuckling, "He [I]is[/I] exactly like Yondaime, no?"

As for Naruto being Yondaime's father, r2vq...maybe we shoudl just leave you alone with your thoughts for a while.

Hmmm....[/Spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]

[I]Anyway, I'd like to know whether this show suffers from Kenshin syndrome. I'm sure that Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura make a likeable trio, and I really am interested in watching their exploits. However, if a large percentage of Naruto's battles involve more talking than violence, I may have to avoid watching it. In the latter half of episode 72, the old man's reminiscing obviously has some emotional importance. Yet at the same time, I began wondering how long Orochimaru would be willing to just sit there and let him daydream... :/[/I]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Actually, Skippedry, Orochimaru has every reason to sit their and watch Sarutobi-sensei suffer his guts out [Spoiler]( literally)[/Spoiler].~_^

I told you to start off reading the manga so you could get caught up with the story...why didn't you listen?? By watching that fight before knowing the story, you have ruined so much for yourself...T_T[/FONT][/COLOR]

XD What I meant was not Naruto being his own Yondaime's father.

What I meant in my theory, though badly phrased was [spoiler]Naruto, Yondaime... Same being?[/spoiler]

Something tells me I shouldn't really put that in the quote tag...

[I]edit: It turns out I should've put it in the spoiler tag... Though something still tells me I didn't have to do that... Did I?[/I]

-ArV

Better to put it int he tag, than suffer the wrath of us fanboys/girls for giving us a possible spoiler lol.

As for episode 74....I was dissapointed kind of, and yet really exited about the next episode. It was sadly just one of those episodes that set up a bunch of stuff for the upcoming episodes...which is infuriating!!! I want action!!! I want story!!! I want plot!!!

[QUOTE=SasukeUchiha]Better to put it int he tag, than suffer the wrath of us fanboys/girls for giving us a possible spoiler lol.

As for episode 74....I was dissapointed kind of, and yet really exited about the next episode. It was sadly just one of those episodes that set up a bunch of stuff for the upcoming episodes...which is infuriating!!! I want action!!! I want story!!! I want plot!!![/QUOTE]

[i]haaai~[/i] play it safe ^-^

As for Episode 74~ It held the entire fight between [spoiler]Aburame Shino and Kankurou![/spoiler] And what fun battle too! TACTICS. Tactics are the way to go!!!
Don't read this if you haven't read past this part this part int he manga --> [spoiler]Ugh... I think he should have become a chuunin too. He's intelligent, strong, and can make a great leader. He just doesn't get much on-screen time. Shame.. he's so cool.[/spoiler]

-ArV

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New][QUOTE=SasukeUchiha]Better to put it int he tag, than suffer the wrath of us fanboys/girls for giving us a possible spoiler lol.
[/QUOTE]

Sasuke-kun, I can't tell if you're speaking on behalf of all the fanboys and girls, or just yourself. Ahaha... That was the stupidest argument ever, neh?

[Spoiler]Yes! Shino should have become a Chuunin! Shino should have more air time! His entire design is the combination of some of the sexiest traits a guy can have. Not to mention he's intellectual, and has bugs living inside of him! BUGGIES!! Eeheeheehee...*does the Shino dance*[/Spoiler]

*ahem*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]

Sasuke-kun, I can't tell if you're speaking on behalf of all the fanboys and girls, or just yourself. Ahaha... That was the stupidest argument ever, neh?

[Spoiler]Yes! Shino should have become a Chuunin! Shino should have more air time! His entire design is the combination of some of the sexiest traits a guy can have. Not to mention he's intellectual, and has bugs living inside of him! BUGGIES!! Eeheeheehee...*does the Shino dance*[/Spoiler]

*ahem*[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ahhh Godel Godel, you have much to learn about me.

I absolutley cant stand Shino!!! [spoiler] I hope he never EVER becomes a chuunin[/spoiler] The bugs are just way to creepy for me. I want to squash them all and then tear off that stupid looking hair he has and shove it up...::getting to emotional::

[spoiler]The person I would LOVE to see become a Chuunin is Hinata, but sadly shes not even in the running....[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=SasukeUchiha]Ahhh Godel Godel, you have much to learn about me.

I absolutley cant stand Shino!!! [spoiler] I hope he never EVER becomes a chuunin[/spoiler] The bugs are just way to creepy for me. I want to squash them all and then tear off that stupid looking hair he has and shove it up...::getting to emotional::

[spoiler]The person I would LOVE to see become a Chuunin is Hinata, but sadly shes not even in the running....[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Shino is cool. Bishounen all the way. His one downer- the bugs. I don't really like the idea of having bugs living inside of you. One of my worst nightmares as a child. :wigout: But besides the bugs? Shino is cool all the way.

Hinata? One of my favourite characters. Oh Hinata... Poor poor Hinata... She's great, she works hard, but she's shy. Don't we all have a little of Hinata inside of us? Makes you want to go out and hug her. Sucks they made her weak... :flaming:

Godelsensei~ what is this dance you speak of? ArV wishes to see. :glasses:

-ArV

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Well, r2vq, I'm sorry to say that I cannot actually show you the dance, as I have no idea where you are. However, if you turn on some music (anything really, as long as it's as cool as Shino), and move according to your opinion about Shino, you should achieve the Shino dance.^_^

It's really kind of funny having people call you "Sensei". *chuckle*

As for the bugs thing? That is the best attribute Shino has! As annoying as I find insects, the thought of having chakra-sucking little insects inside of you, that you can control at will, is just utterly utterly uber.^^

And the sunglasses! *swoon* I love those sunglasses! And the collar and everything that is Shino!^^ His hair's cool, too, in its own puffy, spikey way. : D

Shino's a vermine lord! Woot! Know what'd be cool??? If he could get the bugs to come out of his MOUTH.^_^ Like in The Mummy...*thinks about that for a while*[/FONT][/COLOR]

When I think about it...

Shino would have so much potential as a main character. Yes, the bugs get on my nerves- the shivery way, not the annoying way- but Shino is cool. Gotta love the mysteriousness.

Take a look at when Shino was pretty much introduced. [spoiler]He blocked Chouji from stepping on a bug.[/spoiler] Isn't that just noble and honourable in itself?

The first battle we see him in. [spoiler]Shino basically stands there, letting his opponent attack until the plan and traps are set.[/spoiler] And that ending... Ow that's gotta hurt in the arms...

The second battle we see him in. [spoiler]He gets poisened, but did you see? He was using bugs here, using bugs there. Same tactic, dodge the fatal attacks of the opponent to distract him from the bugs swarming towards him.[/spoiler] That fight, was style all the way...

Though~ When I look back at the manga to compare. What I cannot wait for is not even the big fights coming up between [spoiler]Gaara and Naruto[/spoiler] or [spoiler]Hokage and Orochimaru[/spoiler]. What I want to see is the [spoiler]parents[/spoiler]!!!! Oh! They're so cool! XD I want to see!!!

The Leaf's Shinobi are protecting the village... They fight with all their life!

-ArV

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Hahaha...

I want to find out who [Spoiler]that woman who follows Kakashi around at intervals is[/Spoiler]. I mean...Who is she? Where did she come from? And what does she want with [Spoiler]Kakashi[/Spoiler]?!?! @_@

The thing about Shino is that, unlike most of the characters, [Spoiler]he has no tragic past that we're aware of. He's such an awesome character concept, but, for some reason, Kishimotto-sensei doesn't use him as such.[/Spoiler]

What makes Shino awesome:

[Spoiler]- The bugs! He's like a freaking Vermin Lord!! : D[/Spoiler]
- The sunglasses. Very sexy. *_*
- The quotations.
- The collar. Almost as sexy as the glasses.
- The personality.
- Everything.

As far as seeing the parents goes...I wonder if they're going to develop [Spoiler]Shikamaru's parents more than they were in the manga. They already introduced Shikamaru, Chouji and Ino's dads early, so it makes you wonder... My bet is that they make his mother even more histerical. :laugh: [/Spoiler]

I want to find out who [Spoiler]Lee's[/Spoiler] parents are. I mean, [Spoiler]we see Shikamaru's family, know about Hinata & Neji's, know what happened to Naruto & Sasuke's, we see Ino's dad, Ino's mom is addressed. Sakura's mom yells upstairs to her, Chouji's dad has a chapter or two, Shino's father is in the manga... But what about Lee? And Ten-Ten for that matter! >_>[/Spoiler]

*thinks*[/FONT][/COLOR]

BLECH!!! Shino should NEVER EVER be made into a main character. He is awful!!!!
And as for [spoiler] tragic pasts [/spoiler] you can assume Shino has one by the fact that he is [spoiler] the last of his clan [/spoiler]. Its actually pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together on that one.

And as for Hinata being weak, that is the most wrong thing I have ever heard on these forums. She is probably the strongest character in Naruto. [spoiler] Look what she had to overcome...being banned from her family, looked down upon by many, and despite the fact that she was physically weaker than Neji, she held her own for a while and even managed to get a hit in on him. So saying that she is weak is ludicrous.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Ummm...Godel, its said many times that Shino is the last of his clan.....how can we see his father? [/spoiler]......

We must get off this Shino talk its boring....

I HATE SHINO! He is easily the worst character in the entire show. He has the worst character design: dumb glasses, ugly hair, stupid jacket, horrible personality. STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM!

So... I've seen pictures of all the parents but I haven't seen them in the anime or manga yet. I'm just not that far yet. InoShikaChou!!!

[QUOTE=Dan Rugh]I HATE SHINO! He is easily the worst character in the entire show. He has the worst character design: dumb glasses, ugly hair, stupid jacket, horrible personality. STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM!

So... I've seen pictures of all the parents but I haven't seen them in the anime or manga yet. I'm just not that far yet. InoShikaChou!!![/QUOTE]

They're cool (The parents). They come to [spoiler]protect Konoha from Sand[/spoiler].

Hinata was made weak. If she fights any of the guys, she'll lose. That sucks. If she gets stronger via her confidence and training later in the series that'll be cool. I'd like to see Hinata whoop ***. But I just don't see that situation arising. Hinata is physically weaker than the male characters, even if she's deserving to be stronger than any other character. Especially those in the Hyuuga clan.

-ArV

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Sasuke-kun! *grabs you by the lapels and shakes you back and forth*

[Spoiler]WE DO SEE SHINO'S DAD. Sheesh. He saves Shino's life.

What I meant was that we haven't been given his back-story yet. I guess I stated it poorly. If he's the last of his clan, that can simply mean that he is the youngest, and the only one who will be able to pass on the Aburame bloodline. It doesn't mean that he's in the same situation as Sasuke and Naruto.
Maybe it was just a small clan to begin with or something...>_>
[/Spoiler]

As far as Hinata goes, I would like to see her relationship with [Spoiler]Hiashi developed. It's obvious that they do not have a positive connection.[/Spoiler]

I would like to see Ten-Ten play more of a role, as well. After all she's [Spoiler]The All-Powerful Neji's only friend. At least, it would seem that she is...after all, she's the only one who really talks to him.[/Spoiler]
Any one who has been subjected to my fanart will know how Neji x Ten-Ten obsessed I am.^^"" So, perhaps my thoughts are rather biased...

I want to find out more about Neji and Hinata's relationship, as well. [Spoiler]It seems to me like Hinata is genuinely afraid of him, even though we really haven't been given an example of why. Even before the exam incident, where he tried to kill her (I'll never forgive him for that, despite his coolness), it was like she was afraid of him due to some prior event...[/Spoiler]

But that's just my opinion.[/FONT]

[Spoiler]AIYA!!!!! Lee-kun!!! *jumps around* I was so worried he was gonna die!! T_T He better whup Kimimaro's ***.[/Spoiler]

[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Godelsensei]
[Spoiler]AIYA!!!!! Lee-kun!!! *jumps around* I was so worried he was gonna die!! T_T He better whup Kimimaro's ***.[/Spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

Refering to the manga - If you haven't read the most recent chapter don't read -> [spoiler]He's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! YEEEEEEEES! I thought Lee was going to be forgotten or left behind or died or... HE'S BACK!!! YAAAAAAAAAAY!

Naruto is about to be killed and then I'm thinking "Naruto how are you going to get out of this?"

All I see on the next page is "Konoha Whirlwind!!!" And I'm all :eek:

Then next is the... COOL POSE LEE!!! BWAHAHAHAHA~!~~

He's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!! YES!!!![/spoiler]

Take that, Gaara. XD [spoiler]<- by putting that those who didn't read the spoilers will think i'm talking about the Naruto/Sasuke vs Gaara fight XD. Speaking of such fight...[/spoiler]

The newest Episode is out! Nobody commented!

I think it was a great episode! Did anybody else notice that recently Sasuke has had much more detail done in his eyes? Before they used to be big black circles. Now they're filled with grey strokes and actual designs you'd find in a real eye.

[spoiler]Poor Sasuke... Never had a chance... *pats Sasuke on the head* Now for the real fight no? :devil: [/spoiler]

-ArV

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]A little excited, are we? : D It's okay: you know how happy I was. *maniacal laughter*

[Spoiler]Speaking of which, didn't you just LOVE the colouring PaintPixel did with Lee? That was [I]tres magnifique[/I].

Know what should happen? I think a whole bunch of the gennins should come and save Kiba, Akamaru and Shikamaru's *****. Not that I don't want to see Shikamaru's new technique, but I really am missing Shino, Ten-Ten, Sakura and the rest. : (

I also want to see Tsunade and Orochimaru have a final, one-on-one battle. After all: Tsunade's not old like Sarutobi, so it will be an even match, as long as she trains up a bit. A [I]real[/i] Hokage level battle would be even better than the first one!

: D

Then again, Orochimaru has a new body, so he might be in a weakened state right now, no? So Tsunade could have the upper hand. >_> Tsunade's the best.[/Spoiler]

I would like to see Sakura learn some genjutsu, seeing as she is so talented in the area. I mean, if she can [Spoiler]complete Chuunin level stuff no problem[/Spoiler], why wont Kakashi teach her more??

I can't wait for the next chapter! [Spoiler]I just hope Lee-kun really is cured...T_T[/Spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]

Ok...do me a favor stop with the manga spoilers Godel...or at least post a warning that the spoiler is from the manga...
I am really tired of gettign spoilerized everytime i read a post. And thatlast part rv is a spoiler....

As for the lastest episode The ending had me cursing, I really wanted to see [spoiler]Naruto[/spoiler] fight.
It looks like next episode will just be a flashback, although I really hope that is not the case.

I couldnt beleive that [spoiler] Sasuke got his cursemarks back, I was mad!! [/spoiler]

Sigh, another week of waiting :cries:

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Gomen ne, gomen ne...you'd be excited, too, Sasuke-kun. From now on, I will post, in red, when there is a manga spoiler present. Tuff?

^^

As for episode 76, [Spoiler]I wouldn't mind if it was a huge flashback. I mean, the part of the manga had me[/Spoiler][Color=Red]*Spoilerific*[/Color][Spoiler][I]crying my eyes out! T_T[/I]

I was so mad at what Gaara's aunt did to him! It's not his fault he was born! She didn't have to go and [I]tell[/I] him how much she hated him! *cries*[/Spoiler]

Aw, but Sasuke-kun, weren't you just "very unhappy"? Well, that was about something else, so yeah. I still find that line hilarious.

*pat*

EDIT: Btw, r2, you were right: you did sound like one of those people from the Herbal Essances commercials. O____.""[/FONT][/COLOR]

Hm.
Sorry about that Sasuke-kun.
Sorry about that Godel-san.

I was pretty excited.

Although Sasuke-kun, how could you have been angry about the episode? That episode was about [spoiler]Sasuke[/spoiler] vs [spoiler]Gaara[/spoiler] and the [i]next[/i] episode will be the [spoiler]Naruto fight[/spoiler]. Unless you're right and it's a [spoiler]flashback[/spoiler] episode.

Though, if it is one of those, the manga took up a whole chapter for that. The anime might take up half of an episode? This'll be a [spoiler]big fight though. [/spoiler] ^-^ Definately can't wait to see it.

There's action enough in this episode though... It's a good fight, it surprised even me. (Advantage to such a long delay between anime and manga release is you forget details.) I might have said this... bad memory...

-ArV

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIYAAAAAAA!!!!!

*runs around in circles, screaming and breaking things*

[Spoiler]Yashamaru is not a man! What the hell?! Why did they make Gaara's aunt a man?! What is up with this gender change?! ARGH.[/Spoiler]

I was rather dissapointed for said reason. And because [Spoiler]Orochimaru has been cringing in pain as Sandaime slowly bleeds to death for FOUR episodes. Maybe even five.[/Spoiler] I mean, what the hell?

I curse you, Bandai! Curse you, I say!! @_@

[COLOR=Red]Sasuke-kun, don't read this:[/COLOR]
[Spoiler]Ooh!! Lee! What if he isn't healed properly and is...killed...?[/Spoiler]

*cries*[/FONT][/COLOR]

I can't wait for Issue 210. Taking a while. I hope in that Issue [spoiler]we'll see what really did happen to Lee-kun. :) My theory > He went through the surgery, but he hasn't recovered yet. OR he HAS recovered. :) Maybe he can do Jutsu!!! OR HE'S STRONGER THAN EVER!!! *calms down* anyawy...[/spoiler]

As for the anime, I agree. The voice of that Sand-nin seems very masculine. Strange. I wonder why they did this? Was [spoiler]Yashamaru Gaara's Aunt or Uncle in the Manga? I can't seem to remember...[/spoiler]

-ArV

Yashamaru is a man, he is the [spoiler] twin brother of Gaara's mother. [/spoiler] He only looks feminine because he is a [spoiler] twin [/spoiler]. I hate him, i probably hate him more than any other Naruto character there is. (Although Orochimaru and [spoiler] Kabuto [/spoiler] are pretty high up on my list.

Anyway, since discussion seems to be dying in his thread I think i will start some up if I can.

Currently, who are your top 5 favorite characters, and why are they your favorite?
And!!! What is your favorite episode that has aired so far (up to 77) and what is your favorite manga chapter? (only 1 now kiddies)

^^ There ya go.

As for me, my favorite characters are 1) Tsunade 2) Shizune 3) Neji 4) Naruto 5) Sasuke ([spoiler] since hes a bastard lately [/spoiler])
My favorite episode so far, is 63. The reason.... [spoiler] Neji cryed, then i cried lol. I love how Neji's eyes finally turn gentle. Best episode ive seen so far. [/spoiler]
Favorite manga chapter would have to be 198, it was hard to choose between that and 169. But 198 [spoiler] had my SOOOOO upset, and Neji had my eyes watering, and GAH![/spoiler] If youve read it you know exactly why I love it and hate it at the same time.