OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

[quote name='Sweet Pie]I wished Naruto would be a little matured & think straight...[spoiler']he fight so well that even the powerful guys can't beat him when he change to...I forgot the name *he looks scary, very fierce*[/quote]

Well, I've heard of it as the "fox demon" when he turns into that..and I think that Naruto acts immature in volume #1 because no one likes him or loves him,so he plays tricks to get attention.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Sasuke, you know I am a raving-mad-with-enthusiasm Naruto fan.^^

And seeing as there is a chance to enlighten those who think otherwise right now...NARUTO IS TEH EVERYTHING WONDERFUL.

1. The characters. Oh, the characters! Their designs and personalities are constantly competing with each other for which impresses more! A story with such beautiful personalities flowering throughout it is a rare thing, but Naruto is a perfect example.^_^

2. The architecture! The first of Naruto that I saw was chapter 4 of the manga, the chapter where Naruto sticks the eraser between the door and door frame. That was chapter 4, right? Anyway, I didn't really know what was going on, as it was my first time reading Naruto (or unfloppedness, for that matter), but I fell in love with the buildings quicker than I did with the characters. I love the way the village is so multi-leveled: the roof and the street are used equally when walking, and there are so many billboards with so many cool titles, and everything just fits perfectly...*contended sigh*

3. The music. The Naruto Main Theme is probably my favourite piece of lyric-less music, competing with Concerning Hobbits. The drums and woodwinds are just perfect...

Heehee...for more ramblings about Naruto, visit myO, or my website. Heh.

*glomps Neji*[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='SpiritDetective']I haven't seen the Anime yet but I have read the Manga and it is freakin awesome.Is the Anime the same as Manga because Naruto is freakin awesome.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually prefer the Anime, but most people will disagree with me on that.
The Anime, follows the manga exactly, but adds more, and expands on characters. I would reccomend watching it if you like the manga. It does move slow sometimes, but is always worth watching. You will get alot more attached to the characters I think throguh the anime. So, yes watch it. ^^ (Note that i am extremely biased and love this anime)

I watch the anime and I also read the manga as well. I love the anime just as much as the manga. I guess I like the anime more than the manga. That's only because of Naruto. Naruto's Japanese voice is fun to listen to and he is twice as much funny than he is in the manga. I guess that also applies to Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura as well.

Anime better.....[B]WAY WAY WAY WAY!!!![/B] Better,I'm glad Sasuke forced me at gun point to make me buy the DVD's :rolleyes: *slaps herself for not remembering to buy DVD' today* (Sry Sasuke lol) I don't even know if I wanna spend money on buying the manga when I can spend all my moolah on the anime. *thinks of all the pretty colors in animes*

My favorite team......well, Hinata/Kiba/Shino (and YES I LIKE SHINO! jeez back up off me about it ;) ) I have this weird fetish about dog/wolf boys aswell *giggles* But besides my fetish Kiba kicks major bootay and Hinata.....what can I say? I thought she was really wimpy and [spoiler]then she whips out some mad skillz on Neji WTF? I was amazed :eek: [/spoiler] And Shino's "weapons" not all that...ninja like but cool cuz it was really unexpected.

I also have this weird thing about....*shifty eyes* ..Jiraiya. For those who haven't gotten that far....sowwie, Dan I'm going into the darkness now [spoiler]He is the best pervert there is! MUHAHAHA Perverted hermit *sigh* I'm glad Naruto met him cuz it adds some humor to the tension after all the fights. He seems to be a good model for Naruto making Nartuo wanna work for what he is teaching him. I don't think Ebisu whould have been that great of an sensei for Naruto.....(now I'm getting hyper and wanna watch my DVD's) JIRAIYA! YAY!....sry lol[/spoiler]

NOW!!....next goal....[B]BUY THAT FREAKING DVD!!!![/B] :flaming:

[quote]For those who haven't gotten that far....sowwie, Dan I'm going into the darkness now[/quote]

When I hear/see someone say "the darkness," I think of two things:[list=a]
[*]That horrible song by the band, The Darkness. "I believe in a thing called love..."
[*]The episode of Chapelle's Show with Rick James when he calls Charly Murphy, Darkness. "The Darkness is spreading..."
[/list]
So, that made me think of those things simultaneously. lol

Preston and I were just talking on AIM about how Naruto makes us cry sometimes. :laugh: I cried 2 different times in the 50 episodes I've seen. One was [spoiler] the whole incident with Haku and Zabuza dying. That was definitely the saddest part in the show so far.[/spoiler]. And the other one was [spoiler]when Lee was fighting Gaara and couldn't beat him. I think it's the flashbacks that did it for me. Showing Lee training so much in flashbacks and then being beaten to the point that the medical team said he could never fight again was horrible.[/spoiler] I'm so bad at descriptions sometimes.

Anyone else cry during Naruto? How embarassing. lol

Hi, Preston here ^^.
Yeah Dan, I have a few times lol, but I do that with all anime.
First time was when [spoiler] Sasuke "Died". [/spoiler].
The second was [spoiler] the end result of the whole Haku/Zabuza thing. [/spoiler]
Third was when [spoiler] Sakura and InoShikaCho...well basically Sakura fighting then the happenings that result out of that. [/spoiler]

And The last one which REALLY upset me ALOT (Do NOT read this unless you are COMPLETElY caught up with naruto. [spoiler] Hokage!! O M G, when he started crying I would absolutley not stop, it was like automatic, when he said you guys look just like you used to, then he grabbed his face, that was it for me, they drew him to look like such a feeble old man i was just...blech. Then Konohamaru's face, I know hes gonna cry, then im gonna cry. ::dies::... [/spoiler]

and do not read this one unless you are caught up in the manga
[spoiler] when hokage dies int he anime and konohamaru is seen next I know I am going to cry, I am mad i know abou tit because i read it on a sites spoiler, but I have a big feeling the tears r gonna flow. [/spoiler]

And yes, Very embarrasing... lol

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Oh! Sasuke-kun, don't be embarrassed about crying over Naruto! Why, I've probably shed more tears over the course of it [Naruto, of course] than you ever will. Heh.

I wont list them here, though--it would take to long.

I know that the whole bit with the spoiler I almost gave but didn't on my MyO will make you break down into tears, unless you're completely heartless. Stupid heartless people...*mutters and stalks off in a huff*[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I've only read some random parts of the manga... I think through some scanslations on Naruto Chuushin. There's an extra thing called "At the Ichiraku Ramen" that I have on my computer where they are imagining what Kakashi's face looks like. That's only 3 pages long.

So from basing on what I've read, I'd have to say that I like the anime much better. I like to see it in motion with color and voices.

I've actually teared up quite a few times during the anime, the first of which comes from the Haku/Zabuza arc. [spoiler]I don't know how anyone cannot cry when Sasuke 'dies' fighting against Haku, or when Haku sacrifices himself for Zabuza. And the tears especially would not stop when Zabuza said that he wanted to be with Haku at the end...AWWW![/spoiler].

The 2nd time that I think I started to cry was during the Chuunin exam in the Forest of Death when [spoiler]Sakura cuts her hair to do her best to protect Naruto and Sasuke. And when Ino was watching her former best friend getting beat and started having all those flashbacks...haha, I couldn't stop crying.[/spoiler].

And because I love Neji so much, I couldn't stop crying when his past was revealed. I actually teared up when reading the manga first, so I knew what was going to happen, but knowing ahead of time and then watching the anime still didn't prevent me from bursting into tears haha.

And more recently, (MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER)[spoiler] the fight between Hokage and Orochimaru has me tearing up because of Sandaime's inevitable death. Tears!!! And showing the flashbacks with Hokage and Konohamaru...it's all sadness![/spoiler].

As for which is better, I honestly love both the manga and anime equally. They both are able to give me the same amount of excitement, if you can believe that. I can't wait to see how the anime is going to handle the upcoming events...*waits impatiently for Itachi*

~haruno_sakura

:D I just borrowed the first teo volumes of the Viz manga off my tutor. ^_^ I know I'm a girl but I think tha ninja centrefold is great.

Kakashi is cool, and he looks like his name to me too, he definitely doesn't look quite with it. He's sort of, half asleep ^_^ :sleep: :D

Yeah i remember when I first read the manga, I actually loved it after i read the first page, which is very rare for me. But the anime really got me into Naruto, I guess seeing moving personalities, really let me identify with that was being told in the manga. Ahhh sweet Naruto memores ::single tear::

Anyone know if 3 is out already?

[QUOTE=Dan Rugh]
Preston and I were just talking on AIM about how Naruto makes us cry sometimes. :laugh: I cried 2 different times in the 50 episodes I've seen. One was [spoiler] the whole incident with Haku and Zabuza dying. That was definitely the saddest part in the show so far.[/spoiler]. And the other one was [spoiler]when Lee was fighting Gaara and couldn't beat him. I think it's the flashbacks that did it for me. Showing Lee training so much in flashbacks and then being beaten to the point that the medical team said he could never fight again was horrible.[/spoiler] I'm so bad at descriptions sometimes.

Anyone else cry during Naruto? How embarassing. lol[/QUOTE][COLOR=Magenta]

Sorry to go back to this particualr post but...CWWN (Crying while watching Naruto) is a serious thing as I have coe to realize...I was trying to post something yesterday and I couldn;t okay I think now is the perfect place to write this.

( February 24, 2004)

[I][COLOR=DarkOrchid]

Crying while watching Naruto(CWWN)....

A horibble yet heart warming affliction which has not yet heppened to me. Hopefully I won't have to cry while watching this because I think that U will just become a ranting, feelbe form of myself.[/COLOR][/I]

Yes yes, yes I said it. I'll admit that but I found myself breaking down and tearing up at seeing...*sniff snniff* the fight between * sniff sniff* [spoiler] Gaara :bawl: and Lee San....[/spoiler] :bawl: I'm sorry *wipes tears* I didn't know I could get so emotional over a fuzzy eyebrowed person like him....but I did and I hate it very much that what happened happened...*Naruto rock music plays in background* But along with that sadness comes a blaze of hope Naruto-kun...Sakuke-kun... they will make the bad man pay...They will.... come out on top *music ends*

[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SasukeUchiha]Yeah i remember when I first read the manga, I actually loved it after i read the first page, which is very rare for me. But the anime really got me into Naruto, I guess seeing moving personalities, really let me identify with that was being told in the manga. Ahhh sweet Naruto memores ::single tear::

Anyone know if 3 is out already?[/QUOTE]

Actually, when you preorder the item on amazon.com, it says that the estimated shipping date is April 11th, or around April 11th. So we've got about a month and a half left before it comes out! Sighs. And there are about 20 something volumes out in Japan haha; it'll take absolutely forever for all of it to get here to the US.

What I absolutely love about the manga is that it's a bit more vulgar than the anime. The language is a lot more explicit, and reminds of some things that me and my friends may say to each other haha. What I love about the anime are the seiyuu. They add so much more personality than I could ever get from reading the manga alone. My favorite seiyuu probably are Naruto's and Sasuke-kun's, just because I couldn't imagine Naruto sounding any other way, and Sasuke just sounds downright sexy haha.

As for the movie, are there any more news on it besides that it's coming out in August? From rumors I've heard on another message board, it has something to do with a Snow Princess or snow at least, hahaha. Anyone else hear any other rumors?

~haruno_sakura

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]That's what I love about the manga, also. : 3 Well, part of it. "Lee, you're such a f*g." Ahaha...

Anyway, it's called, "It's the Spellbook of the Snow Princess" or something like that...

Narutofan has some stuff on it...

"Aiya! He's even more of a f*ggot than the first one!" That was the greatest.

You could always just dl the manga...?^_^ I have the first volume in paper for the simple joy of having it. It's made the rounds amongst my classmates.^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]That's what I love about the manga, also. : 3 Well, part of it. "Lee, you're such a f*g." Ahaha...

Anyway, it's called, "It's the Spellbook of the Snow Princess" or something like that...

Narutofan has some stuff on it...

"Aiya! He's even more of a f*ggot than the first one!" That was the greatest.

You could always just dl the manga...?^_^ I have the first volume in paper for the simple joy of having it. It's made the rounds amongst my classmates.^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I do download the fansubs and keep up with the current chapters available, but I still like buying the manga because I like supporting Masashi Kishimoto in any way I can. As soon as all the volumes come out in English, I'm totally deleting all the files from my computer, well...it's kind of illegal to have them in the first place since the manga is licensed and all. ^^;; I'd rather have the volumes by actually buying them, which is why I wish VIZ would release them a lot quicker.

And what exactly does Narutofan say about the movie? Any hints on the what the plot may be?

[QUOTE=haruno_sakura]I do download the fansubs and keep up with the current chapters available, but I still like buying the manga because I like supporting Masashi Kishimoto in any way I can. As soon as all the volumes come out in English, I'm totally deleting all the files from my computer, well...it's kind of illegal to have them in the first place since the manga is licensed and all. ^^;; I'd rather have the volumes by actually buying them, which is why I wish VIZ would release them a lot quicker.

And what exactly does Narutofan say about the movie? Any hints on the what the plot may be?[/QUOTE]

Not yet the webmaster has only fond out there will be a movie but no word yet on what the plot is. I can't wait to see the movie sounds intresting lol. I love this anime very much its a really indepth anime. My fav character is Shikamaru he ownz all. But I think all the characters are good ^^. I have Vol. #1 in english and its cool i am up to date on the manga but like Haruno_sakura said I would rather support the artest instead ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, after watching Episode 73, I would like to pose a question that popped into my mind when [spoiler]Sandaime was explaining to Orochimaru of how the Seal works[/spoiler].Now, for those of you who haven't seen up to this point in the anime/manga yet, you don't want to read the next part...[spoiler]When Sandaime was explaining that once the seal was complete, the two souls of the ones in battle are caught forever in death to battle against each other for all eternity. The two souls go to neither death nor hell, and because Yondaime is the one who created the jutsu, where exactly is he? We all know that Kyuubi was sealed inside of Naruto, and if Yondaime was the one who sealed him, where did Yondaime's spirit go? Is he stuck forever in some sort of weird abyss in which he can never go to heaven?[/spoiler] This thought just really made me sad since Yondaime so owns me, haha, but I was just curious of how this jutsu really works? [spoiler]Also, if Yondaime was the first to create the jutsu, then how does Sandaime really know that the two spirits involved will fight forever in death? It's not like Yondaime could come back and explain what really happens afterwards...[/spoiler]. It's just a confusing part, and I'm not sure what to make of it all LOL.

~haruno_sakura

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]I found that kind of odd, as well. [Spoiler] I figured he would have been thrown into some sort of empty Limbo...[/Spoiler]

Or maybe he got sealed up inside of Naruto, too, and we just don't...know...it...yet. >.> <.<

Yeah, stupid idea, but still. You have to admit: you really have to dig to find inconsistancies in Kishimotto's work. The guy seems to have thought everything through so well that you half wonder if something you've been thinking about for a while isn't just a neat little plot twist. :)

But the thing is...what happened to [Color=RED]stay away if you're not up to date past the whole Sound invasion bit[/Color][Spoiler]Sarutobi if only Orochimaru's hands were sealed away? And now that he's in a new body...did it really make more of a difference than a slight setback? We'll just have to wait and see if he actually does anything in this new body of his, I guess...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/Spoiler]

[QUOTE=haruno_sakura][spoiler]When Sandaime was explaining that once the seal was complete, the two souls of the ones in battle are caught forever in death to battle against each other for all eternity. The two souls go to neither death nor hell, and because Yondaime is the one who created the jutsu, where exactly is he? We all know that Kyuubi was sealed inside of Naruto, and if Yondaime was the one who sealed him, where did Yondaime's spirit go? Is he stuck forever in some sort of weird abyss in which he can never go to heaven?[/spoiler] This thought just really made me sad since Yondaime so owns me, haha, but I was just curious of how this jutsu really works? [spoiler]Also, if Yondaime was the first to create the jutsu, then how does Sandaime really know that the two spirits involved will fight forever in death? It's not like Yondaime could come back and explain what really happens afterwards...[/spoiler].
~haruno_sakura[/QUOTE]

Question 1: Let me take a crack at it Lol. I belive... [spoiler] Well I think that Yondaime is the blue glowing body you see with Death. It kind of has his hair and the body is shacked, showing it is not a part of the death spectre itself. That is just speculation on my part, but it seems as though it cmay be true. [/spoiler]

Number 2: How does the Jutsu work?? I have no idea what you mean, you saw what it does lol.

San: [spoiler] He is a Hokage, you never know what could have happened. ^^ Maybe Yondaime made a pact with the death god, much like how Naruto made the pact with GamaBunta. As a result what happens as a consequence is revealed to him.
And if this is true, then Sarutobi also needed to sign the "contract" to be able to summon him. Making him aware of the consequences involved with using that jutsu[/spoiler]

Ok my turn.....I was so mad when I saw (If you are not completely caught up do not read) [spoiler] Zaku and Kin!!![/spoiler] I never liked them, but now [spoiler] I do!!!, I feel so sorry for them. Lol Dan is not going to be happy when he see's this episode. Make sure I tell himt o go look here after he catches up to us. [/spoiler]

[QUOTE=SasukeUchiha]Number 2: How does the Jutsu work?? I have no idea what you mean, you saw what it does lol.
[/QUOTE]

It seems you have misread my post ^_^; I feel the need to clarify once again what I have said. I know technically HOW the Jutsu works, but right before I had asked my question, I stated the specific givens of the situation under which my confusion stemmed. I was questioning what would have happen afterwards [spoiler]to the two souls who are supposedly joined forever to battle together in death. Yondaime was the one who created the jutsu, but it is only his soul that was trapped as Kyuubi is hidden within Naruto. Therefore, how does Sandaime know that two souls are supposed to fight forever when Yondaime's soul has no one to fight at all?[/spoiler].

And as for Orochimaru, (don't read this if you haven't caught up to the manga), [spoiler]only the soul from his hands get trapped with Sandaime, so does Saindaime just forever fight with Orochimaru's hands? LOL. It's really quite funny to imagine it. [/spoiler]

And as for the [spoiler]blue spirit that the Death God holds within his hand, that is supposed to represent the person who calls the jutsu. As you can see, when the Death God's hands go through the blue body, it ends up coming through Sandaime's chest, so it definitely isn't Yondaime because his soul is gone in some dark abyss fighting nothing when he should be fighting Kyuubi's soul, which is impossible as he sealed it in Naruto's. [/spoiler]

And that's where the 'how' in my question stems from. How does anyone know at all that the [spoiler] two souls are joined forever together to fight when it hasn't ever been done before? I guess it's possible like you said that the Death God somehow explains the consequences to the summoner once the jutsu is performed, but technically, the only two to have ever done the jutsu, Yondaime and Sandaime, do not end up with another soul to fight against as the enemy souls are hidden elsewhere. So what happens to Sandaime and Yondaime? Are they just alone for all time in death since they cannot be in heaven or hell? [/spoiler] It is never really fully clarified, which is why I felt the need to point out the holes within the narrative in order to find answers to my question.

And Godel, you bring up an excellent possiblity that I had not thought about ever, and that is that [spoiler]Yondaime might actually be sealed with Kyuubi within Naruto, but then my question would be, why hadn't Naruto seen or heard Yondaime when he had gone within himself to demand chakra from Kyuubi as he was falling from the cliff that Jiraiya had shoved him from? Wouldn't Naruto then have 3 different chakras instead of two, should Yondaime be within him? Naruto himself says he only feels two different kinds of chakra, and they are his own and Kyuubi's which would then mean that if Yondaime was sealed with Kyuubi within Naruto, he would have to be dormant which would then conflict with the supposed deal of the two sealed souls fighting each other for all eternity.[/spoiler].

And that brings me back to my original question. [spoiler]Where is Yondaime's soul, and is he just alone in some limbo all by himself? And because Sandaime is somewhat in the same position, will he, too, suffer the same fate of loneliness for all eternity? LOL, I actually wish that both Yondaime and Sandaime end up in the same limbo space so that at least they can keep each other company because the thought of both them alone within their own dimension is too depressing haha[/spoiler].

~haruno_sakura

Sorry to interrupt the flow of the discussion, but I thought I'd make a few comments about episode 72.

Considering that Naruto is rather lengthy, its animation compares favorably to that of recent shows. It certainly outdoes the other series in its genre (including Inuyasha and older anime like Yu Yu Hakusho). This episode's first fight is quite well-done, and I enjoyed watching it without knowing anything about Sasuke's opponent or his reasons for pursuing Gaara. The beginning also features one of the funniest scenes I've come across since episode 15 of Peace Maker Kurogane. Poor, poor Sakura...

Orochimaru's story was what I found boring, although that might easily stem from the fact that I haven't been following Naruto. He should've struck me as a pretty interesting villain--after all, he's attractive, thoroughly evil, and powerful enough to get people worked up about his antics. But no amount of violet eyeshadow can compensate for the fact that Orochimaru has a tendency to drone.

Anyway, I'd like to know whether this show suffers from Kenshin syndrome. I'm sure that Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura make a likeable trio, and I really am interested in watching their exploits. However, if a large percentage of Naruto's battles involve more talking than violence, I may have to avoid watching it. In the latter half of episode 72, the old man's reminiscing obviously has some emotional importance. Yet at the same time, I began wondering how long Orochimaru would be willing to just sit there and let him daydream... :/

~Dagger~