OtakuBoards

Naruto!

SasukeUchiha

Which ones cooler  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones cooler

Wow, Haven't been here in a while.

As we all know, Tsunade's on the show now.
Unlike what a few people have mentioned (and taken back XP) I like Tsunade's voice. I like it a lot. It's almost exactly what I thought it was. Does Tsunade seem fat? Nah, just fat chested. And that's straight from the manga.

A few people I've shown the most recent episodes to found them boring. I found them funny and fun to watch. Am I the only one? Is it because I read the manga?

As for the people who have read Naruto in "Shonen Jump", you should try finding the Fansubbed anime online because it's not release as anime in the western world as of yet. If it is released, I would love to see it on DVD rather than TV. I don't mind Funimation doing it, just as long as it doesn't get to 4kids hands. Sorry Dagger-dono, even if the series will eventually become bilingual, I don't want 4kids to touch my Naruto at ALL after what it did to my Yu-Gi-Oh!. ;_;

-ArV

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol RV where have you been!! You dissapeared, now Godel has dissapeared. Whats going on??
I love the latest episodes, and tsunades "Assets" arent as big int he anime as I have seen so far as they are int he manga. My true obcession right now is with the latest Naruto Manga, I cant wait to see what happens...:zips lips:

Ah SasukeUchiha,
You know how it is with school. Leave everything to the last minute. ;_; I now have to reprogram my internal Naruto clock.

The most recent Naruto Manga I've read is the flashback story of Itachi and Sasuke. It's a nice chapter that shows a different side to both of the kids, and actually adds some character to the head Uchiha (HA, he reminds me of a lot of asian parents I know). Though... something about the art threw me off.

:) I'll check it out now for the new chapter.

-ArV

So anyone here in this post live around Iowa? I am trying to gather more Naruto cosplayers for my AnimeIowa Cosplay group. I am going as A ANBU, Rock Lee and Sakura, and Dead-Angel is going as A ANBU too, Gaara, and Itachi....and unfortunately, I am the only one with costume designing experience.......so I'm stuck making the costumes. >_< But if anyone around here is interested, or even going, let me know!

I only live 100 miles from Anime Iowa! LOL :D :D Two hours!

[QUOTE=No_Regrets]So anyone here in this post live around Iowa? I am trying to gather more Naruto cosplayers for my AnimeIowa Cosplay group. I am going as A ANBU, Rock Lee and Sakura, and Dead-Angel is going as A ANBU too, Gaara, and Itachi....and unfortunately, I am the only one with costume designing experience.......so I'm stuck making the costumes. >_< But if anyone around here is interested, or even going, let me know!

I only live 100 miles from Anime Iowa! LOL :D :D Two hours![/QUOTE][size=1]Where in Iowa is it? I live in Omaha, Nebraska which is [i]right next[/i] to Iowa. I could literally [i]see[/i] Council Bluffs from my old high school. My father does some work in Des Moines, also.

I would be interested if it is close enough that one of my parents would not mind driving me and it does not interfere with anything else I might have going on. I do not have much experience with costume designing either, lol, let alone cosplaying.

If you feel like including me, just PM me with whatever information I might need, lol.[/size]

[quote name='No_Regrets']OK I'm PMing you~ I'd love to see you there![/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Please keep replies to the topic at hand if you can- Piro should know you're PMming him by the simple fact that he'll have a PM in his Inbox before too long, so it kind of becomes redundant anyway ^_^;[/COLOR]

[quote name='FLCLdude50']Hey, got one question, i just join otaku board. wut is any advanced option's i can do[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Same thing- please keep replies to the topic, and avoid using abbreviations if you can. In answer to your question, you'd have to be more specific about what 'Advanced Options' you mean. For the mean time, the best I can suggest would be to check out the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?]FAQ[/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] pages. They give you most of the information you should need, but you can also PM a Moderator if there's anything you're still unsure of.[/COLOR]

The most recent chapters of the Manga I have found to be boring.

I know, I know they're character development. They show the past of Sasuke and Itachi. And they are very different... My old theory to how Itachi got strong is backed up. Theory: [spoiler]Everyone that Itachi kills makes him stronger. Like Gaara...[/spoiler]

I wish they just got to the [spoiler]Naruto vs Sasuke[/spoiler] fight already.

---

Speaking of Naruto Cosplays. Was anybody here at Anime North? XD

Was great. Over two dozen Naruto cosplayers went on stage during the masquerade and marched around to "Viva Rocks" XD Ah, that was good. A friend of mine played TenTen and there were teams of ANBU members.

-ArV

Sorry 'bout that. ^_^'

Yeah I agree r2vq. I know most people at some point in time who's up on the Manga is curious about Itachi's power and how he went so evil, but come on. I think more poeple want to see awesome Curse-seal Sasuke versus the always great Naruto. That will be a great fight! If you're not a Naruto and sasuke fan. But poor me, I'm a Lee and Neji fan and one's probably dead, and one is finally fixed-ish.

No_Regrets...out-

AnimeSuki says Naruto was not played on TVTokyo this week.

This shouldn't come by as a doomsday prophecy because they have done this before. Though what really makes me curious is this new release... from SG-Anime...

Apparently it's Episode 90 of Naruto...

Does anyone know if this is real? Or if it is, where they got the episode?

Hm... I guess I'll download it anyway...

-ArV

ive heard that too. i dont know it is true but with that and the show not being one this week things seem wierd.

where are you going to download it from, im going to watch it too.

[COLOR=Navy]Once again, please put more effort into your punctuation and spelling. I'm [i]sure[/i] I've mentioned this to you before... -_-

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=r2vq]AnimeSuki says Naruto was not played on TVTokyo this week.

This shouldn't come by as a doomsday prophecy because they have done this before. Though what really makes me curious is this new release... from SG-Anime...

Apparently it's Episode 90 of Naruto...

Does anyone know if this is real? Or if it is, where they got the episode?

Hm... I guess I'll download it anyway...

-ArV[/QUOTE]

SG-Anime? Is that another company or channel or something? So what, do people think that Naruto is hopping on to another boat or something like that? I know that sometimes shows don't go on due to news or a start of a new season (doubt that's the case) or like a new opening thing, or even a special episode! I dunno, they do that here in America alot. But maybe I'm not getting it.....

No_Regrets...out-

[quote name='No_Regrets']SG-Anime? Is that another company or channel or something?[/quote]

Hey No Regrets!

SG-Anime is another FanSubbing group.

They're the first to fansub Naruto 90!

Wow! Was it worth the early download! With new video and action in the OP and a brand spanking new ending with a GREAT song and an EVEN BETTER ED, I don't regret downloading this episode.

I wonder what the name of the song is...
And I don't doubt that this anime will be released late this week since there's a new ED.

Unfortunately I don't understand the rest of your post. :-s

-ArV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=No_Regrets]What's this about the naruto manga not appearing in the next few weeks? What's this about Kishimoto 'Gathering info'? That's bullcrap! Anyone know what's going on?

No_Regrets...out-[/QUOTE]

Yikes, I haven't been on this thread in the longest while, and I'm glad to see that it's grown. Feels good to be back on the thread, even though I can't even recognize half of the names anymore XD Getting back on-topic:
I saw that on Chapter 224 I believe? But they also were able to release Chapter 225, so I'm not sure how much of a break Kishimoto-sensei is going to take. I was actually quite scared when I read that since the manga is really building up quite nicely. I hope he doesn't disappear after 225 because that left us off with quite the cliffhanger!

And apparently episode 94 says that next week, we'll have another 1 hour special! w00t! I'm assuming it'll be episodes 95 and 96 back to back ^_^ Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue]The hour special of Naruto (i.e., eps. 95-96) was filled with surprise after surprise. Even before the show had started, there was a shocking development in the fansubbing community: ANBU & AnimeONE disbanded![/color][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue]Before I get to the meat of the topic, I'm wondering how everyone feels about their separate releases; and if anyone has seen both of them so they can compare the two. I've only seen ANBU's version (I went with the version which had the same translator: crustol), but I've never seen any of AnimeONE's work before, giving me no basis to judge them on.[/color][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue]Anyway, most people who enjoyed the show are going to say something along the lines of "it was great" or "OMG! It was just freakin' awesome!" Well, to those who will say such a thing, [b]don't even try[/b]. None of those descriptors do the hour special justice, but I know of one: orgasmic. Simply orgasmic, or rather, multiply orgasmic. Now needless to say, I was hugely impressed with the developments in Naruto.[/color][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue]The [spoiler]necklace[/spoiler] story/symbolism is very beautiful, and, consequently, the repeat fight sequence was a brilliant way to end the episode. Haha, the ability to still be fresh, funny, original, AND unpredictable after 90 episodes is the hallmark of a legendary series. I can't say there are many shows where I openly show my emotions to a screen, shouting, "Oh man!" "Alright!" "Whoa!" and literally laughing out loud.[/color][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue]This show still has not stopped bringing a smile to my face. Here's to Naruto: capable of cloning himself a thousand times over, and yet still one of a kind.[/color][/font]

Lol, Azure your soo passionate. I personally loved the one hour special. I think that the fact that they can have a fight go on for 45 minutes and not have it get boring after the first 20 like some other anime is amazing. The fact that there is such a great mixture of action with emotions is what I really think draws most people to this anime. This episode I think was a prime example of that mixture. For those of you who do not read the manga, lemme tell you....you think this was good....well you havent seen anything yet. ^^ I cant wait to see future comments on the future episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Wow. I haven't posted anything here for a while. o_o!

Well, I just finished reading chapter 228 (about four hours ago xD), and I must say: I'm impressed. Finally, we get to see [Spoiler]some real gore.

Seeing Sasuke stick his arm straight through Naruto's torso tossed something particularly special into that chapter, didn't it? We also got to see Kakashi again, for the first time in a while, so it's all good.[/Spoiler] Don't you just hate how the anime cuts all that [Spoiler]blood flying everywhere[/Spoiler]?

I loved the special, myself. Seeing Tsunade [Spoiler]swing Orochimaru around by his tongue[/Spoiler] like that was almost like getting a shot of militant feminism. xD ( Wee! Go Tsunade-sama!) [Spoiler]I love the way she just keeps hitting him and hitting him, not waiting for him to get up again. It was very convincing.[/Spoiler]

The animation was nice and fluid, although the characters looked kind of chubby for thirty seconds or so, three-quarters of the way through.

Man, the next episode sucked though. : ( I hate filler.

Also, seeing as I am downloading the Anime-Heaven version of Yukihime (bootlegged, I believe--must be), I look forward to updating this post with my opinion of it.

Later...

Oh my, this doesn't appear to be the movie. There's some crazed fat guy in an ugly shirt talking at me. Pooey.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Chapter 233!

I'll just spoiler-tag this whole thing.

[Spoiler]Maybe I am going insane, but I detected some shounen-ai undertones in that last chapter. Nothing big, of course, and that's not what made that chapter so great, but still.

When I saw that giant ball of "ceramic" (hey, it looked ceramic : / ) chakra, I actually said, "Holy ****!"

I told any one who commented on the length of the battle to me that I knew Kishimoto would end it on a very emotional, touching note, without dragging the battle on into the horizon.

I guess Sasuke was a lost cause, after all.

Maybe he'll turn to unrestrained, arbitrary evil like his brother? ^__^[/spoiler]

Oh. Sorry for double-posting. I didn't realize I was doing it at the time.

The thread needed revival, anyway, methinks.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Bah, I don't follow the manga, so sorry for not responding to those comments, heh. [QUOTE]Oh my, this doesn't appear to be the movie. There's some crazed fat guy in an ugly shirt talking at me. Pooey.[/QUOTE]Ah-ha, you also got fooled by that "Naruto Preview" thing, huh? Well, it was labelled properly, so it's our own fault for not taking heed.

Don't expect the movie to be released before a DVD version comes out in Japan. I didn't hear of any group that was able to grab it from the movies. Yeah, there was that one Italian release, supposedly english subbed, but I wouldn't trust d/ling that for obvious reasons. [QUOTE]Man, the next episode sucked though. : ( I hate filler.[/QUOTE] Oh God... These fillers are really terrible. It's painfully obvious that Kishimoto is not behind this trash. Speaking of which, Is it true that the creator or director of Cowboy Bebop is scripting the filler episodes? If that's the case, the guy has lost his touch!

Also, what's up with all the plotholes?! The fillers are making so many of them. That guy who could [spoiler]outrun Sasuke after Sasuke got Lee's speed[/spoiler]?! Give me a break...

Not only are these spoilers weak, but they are hurting the continuity of the series. If they had to make any fillers, they should have went back and did a recap of what happened to each team before the Chuunin exam. I definately would like to see what Gaara's A-rank mission was, or what Hinata's toughest mission consisted of. Did anyone else go through something like the Mist Saga? Those questions would have been perfect fodder for fillers.

Instead of going ahead and creating so much stupidity and disjunctions, they should go back and fill in the openings Kishimoto left for people to muse over.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New][quote name='AzureWolf][FONT=book antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Ah-ha, you also got fooled by that "Naruto Preview" thing, huh? Well, it was labelled properly, so it's our own fault for not taking heed.[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

Oh, it was [i]not[/i]! (Serves me right for downloading things directly off the server without looking into what they are first, I guess. : / )

I do agree that the filler episodes 1) suck and 2) make no sense.

It pissed me off that some crummy little Ironman-wannabe could outrun Konoha's Orochimaru-, Kyuubi-, and Insane Inner-Self-powered cell seven to such a degree.

And why the hell didn't Naruto just [Spoiler]ask Sakura for a weapon?! Or use a shuriken from his [i]other[/i] pouch?!![/Spoiler]

If I were Kishimoto, I'd be T_T-ing my keyboard to hell right now.

T_T <--see?

I agree with you, Azure-jiji, also in the fact that, if they're going to add senseless filler fodder, at least make it [i]interesting[/i]! Add a little more Neji footage, for crying out loud! The poor guy doesn't get nearly enough screen/manga-time as it is.

Oh, my poor Neji. T_T I wuv him so. : 3[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Godelsensei][COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Chapter 233!

I'll just spoiler-tag this whole thing.

[Spoiler]Maybe I am going insane, but I detected some shounen-ai undertones in that last chapter. Nothing big, of course, and that's not what made that chapter so great, but still.

When I saw that giant ball of "ceramic" (hey, it looked ceramic : / ) chakra, I actually said, "Holy ****!"

I told any one who commented on the length of the battle to me that I knew Kishimoto would end it on a very emotional, touching note, without dragging the battle on into the horizon.

I guess Sasuke was a lost cause, after all.

Maybe he'll turn to unrestrained, arbitrary evil like his brother? ^__^[/spoiler]

Oh. Sorry for double-posting. I didn't realize I was doing it at the time.

The thread needed revival, anyway, methinks.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Spoilers up ahead, do not read if you are not up to date with the manga

[spoiler]Sasuke decided he will try to get the Mangekyou Sharingan a different way than his brother, his fight with Naruto made him realise this and in the end he just couldn't kill Naruto, so the end of that arc was Sasuke walking somewhere to try and find how to get the Mangekyou Sharingan all on his own[/spoiler]

Guest MikaMihara
Ahem, meh first OB post!
I think...oh well.
Anyways, I was reading Naruto the other day and realized something: when it comes to America (if it ever does)...it'll need American voice actors/actresses! Since I really want to do the voice of an anime character, I got really excited at this idea and told all meh friends (I'm insane, Buocko!) I realize that voice acting takes skill and patience and blah blah blah, but this is something that I really want to do!

So, I have a question.

Is there a dream VA job that you really really want to do? I mean, that you might be able to do, because there's no sense in wanting to do the voice of Mimiru in .hack//SIGN (disappoinment), since Amanda Winn Lee (: D My hero! Ine.) has all ready done so.

Yay.

I think I'd be most likely to try out for Sakura, since I've only read through the Gato story and she's the character most like me. My voice isn't suited for Sasuke and Naruto uses some words that I do not, so...

Yep.

Guest Kinjitsu
I've been watching Naruto recently aswell I'm not so sure about me being a voice actor but I wouldn't be completely against doing Shikamaru's voice. I think he's the closest to my view on just about everything... troublesome.

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Fricken dubbies. If Naruto's ever dubbed into English, I think a good number of fans will be forced to commit simultanious seppuku. X_x

[i]Anyway[/i]...

(More 100% spoiler-tagged to save time. Sorry, Azure-jiji, but I'm talking manga again. xP)

[Spoiler]Jaa...I, of course, was boundlessly excited when I realized that chapter 235 was being released early. However, this does mean that there wont be any Naruto this Friday, which shall make me sad tomorrow.

I thought the ending of the fight was extremely powerful; the man had us convinced one of them was going to die (and most people were probably thinking Sasuke), then he had us thinking it was Naruto, then it turned out it was neither of them.

Even though I can't stand him, the newest installment showed us something new about Sasuke: he is capable of deciding things for himself, instead of simply following along with what some one else has told him to do.
Up to this point, it's either been "Itachi Itachi Itachi" or "Orochimaru Orochimaru Orochimaru", so this particular plot-twist was very satisfying.

The loss of his hitai-ate and the fact that the leaf symbol was crossed out sends a very strong message that he's on his own now.

He's most likely going to come back one day, however, as Kakashi no doubt kept the thing.

: )

And Pakkun's back. That dog creeps me out. O_o"[/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]