OtakuBoards

whats your 3 favorite movie?

Guest ss3-brolly

Guest ss3-brolly
What is your 3 favorite movies? Mine is( The One, Men of honor,StromRider)
I like The One for the fighting.

Men of honor because it was about a true story about a black man in the 50's trying to become master diver in the navy while still take on prejudice.

Stromrider which is my favoite is about a evil king who have a prohet tell him he will have 10 good and 10 bad years and after the 10 bad year. He will die by his two most trusted warriors.

I won't tell you how it turn out because you might want to see it that why I went so much into detail but what are you 3 favorite movie anime or what ever.
:cool:

Guest ss3-brolly
[QUOTE=Transtic Nerve]The horrible grammar and spelling make me feel kinda sick....

This topic will be closed for the reason of pure stupidity and lack of conversation it will provide. Just as your other useless topic was.[/QUOTE]
why you haten on me this the way I talk this how most black people talk lets bring the stupid down a few level smart one :mad:

TN, chill out.

Now, my Top 3 would have to be the original King Kong, Apocalypse Now, and...my Top Ten seems to change everytime I list it...I would say Taxi Driver.

KING KONG

King Kong was one of those magical childhood experiences, I suppose. I saw it when I was about five and fell in love with it. It was something few can ever fully appreciate. Most would see the black and white or the stop motion animation and refuse to watch it. But they would be missing out on one of the greatest movies in cinema history. King Kong was a film that revolutionized the filmmaking process.

They damn near invented blue screen, and if not invented, then made it a viable and lucrative venture. Even ignoring the really fun performances, the sharp and corny writing, the thrill and exhiliration of watching a stop motion King Kong fight off a stop motion T-Rex, with Fay Wray screaming in a tree right next to them, or watching with horror as a stop motion brontosaurus proceeds to devour an entire live action crew.

It's a spectacular film, and still reigns as my favorite of all-time.

APOCALYPSE NOW

A visual orgasm is the best way of putting it. This film is a work of art, much like Stanley Kubrick's 2001. I really don't know how to describe this film to do it justice. It delves into the human psyche, explores how far one can go before breaking down into madness. It shows us what happens when psychotics and deranged individuals are allowed to rule.

But what differs from the modern-day supervillain, is that Kurtz makes sense. His ideas, his beliefs, his ideologies...he knows what's going on, and knows the problems of the system. He sees the corruption in the military. He is disgusted with their refusal to act, and he thus takes the matter into his own hands. He rejects any preconceived notion of "civilization" and forms his own empire in the jungles of Cambodia. There he becomes a god. He commands thousands of natives who serve him without question or pause.

I look at Kurtz, but I do not see the villain, nor do I see the protagonist. I see a man who is aware of his surroundings.

It's a brilliant, brilliant film.

TAXI DRIVER

It's odd, because Taxi Driver and The Graduate often switch places in my Top 10. They have very similar themes and meanings, but depending on my mood, sometimes The Graduate's innocence comes out on top. Sometimes, though, I just want to see Travis Bickle destroy evil and overcome his own demons.

When I spoke of similar themes and meanings, that is entirely true. Both protagonists of the films suffer from intense feelings of isolation and a disconnection from those around them. Granted, the specifics of their situations are very different, but their issues are that of...the social misfit.

Travis is the loner. He is God's lonely man. He does not feel at all. He's a sad character, almost...almost sympathetic, really. We look at him and wonder, well, why can't anyone help him? The answer is simple but complicated, I think.

On one hand, Travis can be helped. He can shed that painful exterior and be charming. He does this in the film, and that description is even written in the script.

But why doesn't his charm prevail in the rest of the film?

Because that's not Travis, and that isn't Travis' purpose. His purpose is to cleanse society. He is obsessed with it. The filth, the smell (all you Agent Smith fans out there, check out Travis!), the putrid nature of the city just eats away at him. He is disgusted with society, and that's why we are able to sympathize with him.

We have all been where he is. That's the sign of truly great cinema, when a thirty year old film can still connect with today's audiences, and the precise ideas and thematic structure can create a sense of awareness about others.

So, basically, Taxi Driver is eternal.

This is definately one list that changes as my moods change. I would have to say that my three favorite movies right now are "Say Anything", "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and "Airplane".

Say Anything- Growing up in the 80's I loved this movie. I loved how the underdog, Lloyd could end up with the cute, smart girl. Love has no bounds and even through all the trials their relationship suffers, they see it through to the end. There is always something great about a story about the underdog coming out on top. I love that.

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof- Liz Taylor as Maggie the cat is one of her best roles. I think she is beautiful and does a wonderful job acting. Paul Newman as Brick does a wonderful job acting as well. The conflict in this family is just too good to not watch. It is one of those stories that you feel bad for everyone, yet pity everyone at the same time. You will definately feel better about your own family when you watch this family!

Airplane- I know, not a life changing movie. Whenever I feel bad, sick or just need a no brainer to watch, this is the movie I pick. The funny thing about this movie is how accurate the aviation termanology is. Many movies that are suppose to be "accurate" end up using stuff that makes no sense at all. Airplane is actually on the ball when it comes to flying terms. Life gets too serious and having something to laugh at is a nice break.

Now that is my list for right now, ask me in a couple of days and I will probably have 3 different movies to list! LOL

Princess Mononoke

Plain and simple, I love this movie. There is technically new villain, since everyone is fighting for what will benefit those they care about. The demon possessed arm things was somewhat akin to genius, and the art was beautiful. The music was lovely and the backgrounds were eye-candy. Everything about it seem to fllow together smoothly, but then again, I expected nothing less from Miyazaki. Waitt until you meet the protagonist, Ashitaka. I was jealous of him, an all of you guys should be too. Hard as nails and skilled with a bow like no one's business. Of course, I was disappointed about how Ashitaka ended up, but he knew what was best. Watch it, and fall in love with this movie. However, it is anime so those of you anime haters should know in advance. Still, try iit especially if you hate anime.

Martian Successor Nadesico: Prince of Darkness

This movie was pretty good as a stand-alone, but if you have watched the whole series, you are in for a treat. Expect many guest appearances, but an odd lack of Akito. And who can say no to more Boson Jumping goodness. You may be put off by Ruri's lack of sarcasm however. Even so, she seems more down to Earth. Not literally though. Still, prepare for a cliffhanger ending. And of mecha turns you off, avoid this movie.

Spirited Away

I should not even have to say anything about this. Miyazaki.

Mines would have to be:

Texsas Chainsaw Massacare- Have to be one of the scariest I have ever seen in my whole life...i wasn't scared of the excercist but this movie made me jump a whole lot !

Street Fighter- Even though it didn't have all the characters from the original and anime and they didn't use all their signature moves, but I have to say that the acting was pretty awsome.

Finding Nemo- Yeah its a Disney....but who cares, i likes the graphics of that movie. I didn't see a thing wrong with it at all plus it was very funny, especially when you watch it in spanish on the DVD version of the movie ^.^

Yuppers, my three favorite so far, i have others but these three has to be my top three so far.

[font=Verdana][color=slategray]My Top 3 Movies are....[/color][/font]

[size=2][b][font=Verdana][color=dimgray][u][size=3]#3:[/size] 2001: A Space Odyssey[/u][/color][/font][/b][/size]

[font=Verdana][color=slategray]Kubrick's 1968 masterpiece that pre dates the moon landing, the year is 2001: and Astronauts have discovered a black monlith on the moon, which is the same one ape man discovers in the beginning of this movie that kicks offf the evloutionary cycle, if that makes sense. [/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=slategray]The eye candy and cinematography is superb, as is the dialogue, whilst beign minimal (we don't have any dialogue until at leas t20 minutes intot he movie) it is believeable in it's delivery. Truly a timeless classic.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=dimgray][size=2][b][u][size=3]#2:[/size] Pulp Fiction[/u][/b][/size][/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=slategray]It's been a while since I saw this movie, but it was quite a great film, filled with drama, and twisty plots that kept me saying "what is going on?" I still don't fully understand Tarantino's masterpiece here, but the idea of four intertwining stories is really unique and cool. Forgive me for forgetting the gist of the plot, I will re-edit this once I have seen it again. [/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=#708090]I'm sure it's alot deeper too, Rewatching is definately on my to do list.[/color][/font]

[b][font=Verdana][color=dimgray][u][size=4]#1:[/size] [size=2]The Terminator Trilogy[/size][/u][/color][/font][/b]

[font=Verdana][color=slategray]Fantastic Movies that have kept me entertained since I first saw them, The terminator trilogy first won me over with it's battle scenes, nothing like seeing two terminator machines do battle. (T2)[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=slategray]In latter years, I have enjoyed it's story more, Things like the Cyberdyne connection and the timline continuum were lost on me for the first years I saw it, (It served more to confuse me and All I wanted to do was watch arnie blow the T1000 away) I'm only really getting into the theories now, so it still keeps me entertained, and that is what a a good movie should be to me.[/color][/font]

1 princess mononoke. danm since its my favorite dont u think i should learn how to spell it?lol one thing i noticed there didnt really seem to be a villian well atleast to me
2 lord of the rings trilogy. yah its three movies but i couldnt decide maybe theyll make it all 1 big movie....no bad idea my *** would go numb to early and not enough stuff to snack on
3 um well i cant really think of a third one so ill say the matrix trilogy es once agian its a trilogy but i couldnt think of a number 3 so yah

well yah thats it i guess

* note this list is subject to change at any time not that anyone care but im bored and decided to put this

[quote name='ss3-brolly']why you haten on me this the way I talk this how most black people talk lets bring the stupid down a few level smart one :mad:[/quote]

Point proven.... quite well too.

Anyway. My top 3, not in any specific order:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Jurassic Park
tie between Independence Day and any one of the Lord of th Rings movies.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Hmmm this should be easy...

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark

2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Gotta love the hat and whip!

It gets a bit more hectic after that. My other favorites are the Star Wars trilogy, X-Men 1 and 2, The Usual Suspects, The Last Samurai, and (possibly #4) Brotherhood of the Wolf. I don't call "good" movies like Life is Beautiful "favorites" because although they might be phenomenal works, I simply can't watch them purely for entertainment purposes, especially after watching them once or twice.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]Heheh. TN was told. Anyway, my three fave movies are:

[B]Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust[/B]
This is an awesome movie, with just the right amount of action and suspense, plus a truly stunning score. It was also my first DVD. ^_^

[B]Needing You[/B]
I found this flick channel surfing one night. It was on the foreign language channel and was a rather cute romantic comedy. It appealed to me, thus it is here.

[B]Find Nemo[/B]
I love it. SOOOO much. Finding Nemo is my favourite animated film ever. It is filled with charm and wit that most 3D animation only barely touches upon.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Midnight Rush
My three fav. in order are:

Kill Bill Vol. 1- Awesome script, awesome action, and the ultra hot Lucy Liu, what more can you ask for? Thanks Mr. Tarantino for one hell of a film.

The Last Samurai- Wow. Aside from the amazing and great action, the story itself is so well done and portrayed by two of the best actors in the world in a wonderful way. Mr. Cruise and Mr Watanabe, thanks for making this one of the greatest films ever.

Anything Jackie Chan is No. 3- Jackie Chan himself is hilarious, and 9/10 times his cast includes a very cute yet un heard of girl, so thanks Mr. Chan for introducing me to countless hotties who deserve fame.

1. The Star Wars Trilogy: A sweet and simple good vs. evil story that forever changed the sci-fi genre. It provided us with some of the best special effects ever made and its saddening that not only is Lucas ruining is vision by continously remaking the Trilogy, but also by making this craptacular prequels that feel as if a bunch of pasty fanboys wrote them. Either way, I will always remember the shocking revelation of Luke's parentage (yeah, its now a movie cliche, but was one of the biggest surprises in history) and the theme songs (my favorite being Darth Vader's "Imperial March").

2. Field of Dreams: This was a sad and heartwarming story about accomplishing one's dreams, even after the time seems long past.

3. Alien: One of the most original horror movies of our time, this movie not only had THE COOLEST tage line ("In space, no one can hear you scream") and with its horrific monster, and cyberpunk settings (something that only a genius like Ridley Scott could create, and only James Cameron could not only duplicate, but improve on), this showed us how a horror movie should look when done RIGHT.

[color=firebrick][b]Shawshank Redemption[/b]: Can you say coolest movie ever? I love Tim Robbins [i]and[/i] Morgan Freeman, and the story/plot of the movie was really great. Not your typical prison movie. Probably the only movie that I can watch over and over and not get tired of.

[b]Lord of the Rings Trilogy[/b]: 1) Action 2) Storyline 3) Peter Jackson. ^_~ New Zealand was beautiful, too. You can just think about the hundreds of hours the cast spent toiling to make the actions scenes perfect and re-live the books in the best way possible.

[b]My Neighbor Totoro[/b]: It's a childhood favorite, but I still love it. :P It's been crowned Miyazaki's greatest work at times [though I don't know if that was said before or after Spirited Away, lol] and I still think it is. The storyline is great and contrary to popular belief it DOES have some meaning. [/color]

My three favorite movies would have to be: Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers, and Return of the King. I dont think you can find better graphics anywhere. The battles are so astounding it actually looks real, and the beauty of the New Zealand scenery is very relaxing :o

be prepared for my three favorite movies because I am a psycho.

1- Freddy got Fingered- It's just plain up funny shizillnizle. I don't care it anyone hates it, it's kool to me. It's the best crap ever. Tom Green is the best.

2- South PArk The Movie, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut- It's South Park and anybody who hates South PArk needs to go get a check up because they have problems.

3- Home Alone 1 and 2- I learned all my old prnaks form this movie although I have to admit that I got in trouble alot form the stuff I did.

My three favourite movies would be

1) Jay and Silent Bob strike back- This movie is seriously funny. It taught me all the curses in my dictionary and maybe more that aren't.

2) South Park movie- This expanded my ever expanding language dictionary.

3) Dogma- This movie is really funny because of it's quality cast. Jason Lee, Jason mewes, Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Salma Hayek etc. It's also very funny.

3 Favorite Movies? You know, I was just thinking about this the other day.

Ferris Bueler's Day Off:
An awesome John Hughs classic. His movies are terrific. The humor in this movie continues to make me laugh, and I love movies about smart people who get away with things. The best friend (I forget his name) stole the show. We need more movies like this.

Romy and Michelle's Highschool Reunion: I love the soundtrack. No Doubt, Bananarama, and La Bouche. You really get to know the girls so well by the end of the movie. Fun movie about friendship and the need to satisfy people. Stereotypical highschool/reunion, but still very interesting.

The Nightmare Before Christmas: This movie's animation is terrific in my opinion. Being a childhood favorite, I have to love it. It's the same with all my childhood obsessions. A classic.

Alright. I picked 3, though I don't know how definitive this list is. In no order:

[b]Predator[/b] - I've already explained how badass this is in another post.

[b]Three Amigos![/b] - All I have to do is say the three cast member: Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Chevy Chase. All in one movie.

[b]Christmas Vacation[/b] - OK, #3 was pretty hard to pick. There are a lot of movies to choose from... but I picked this just because it's so classic. I watch it every Christmas.

Other runner-ups... Jurassic Park, the Naked Gun (I can't remember which was which at the moment, but I'm sure they're all funny), MST3K: The Movie, Jaws, Star Wars (the third one), Forrest Gump, Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber... they're all really good.

oh crap I completly forgot about one of the most hilarious movies of all time!!
NOTHING TO LOSE--this movie is awesome and its comedic the whole entire time. I dont think I ever laughe as much as I did the first time I saw it. Its just great :cool:

[size=1][color=red][b]The Last Samurai[/b]--highly underrated movie that deserves to get what it offers. Anyone who says they didn't see this movie because Tom Cruise was in it needs to get a reality check and realize that Tom Cruise can act, and gives a wonderful performance in this movie. Saying you didn't see it because you don't like Tom Cruise isn't an excuse. There is no excuse for not going to see this movie. This movie is great.

[b]Bowling for Columbine[/b]--A masterpiece that will open Americans' eyes. It won many awards, including best documentary at the Oscars.

Any American should see this movie. It will finally wake some of you up and see things like they are.

[b]Minority Report[/b]--Beautiful representation of the future. An interesting idea stolen from a short story--what if we developed techonolgy and were able to stop a crime before it happened. That is the premise of the movie--precrime. But it is more along the lines of a mystery.

Another movie with Tom Cruise in a main role. There's no excuse for not seeing this movie. It is directed by Stephen Spielburg--one of the most well-known directors of this time. An amazing movie that will make you think beyond things and open your eyes. It is also heavily original and is sci-fi too.[/size][/color]

It's hard to see things how they are in a film by Michael Moore who is known to miscontrue things to suit his own agenda, just like those he chastises. If you like that movie, that's one thing, but I wouldn't hold it out as the ultimate truth or authority on anything. Perhaps it could open people's eyes, but I'd hope they'd make their own conclusions based on his work and the work of others.

Anyway, I figured this thread would be closed, but some people managed to save it heh. Here's mine.
[B]
Pee-wee's Big Adventure[/B] - In my eyes, this is the best movie ever made. You have Pee-wee, who has a big impact on my life as a child. You have Tim Burton in his first role as director in a feature film. You also have Danny Elfman's first feature film score. How can it get any better?

The movie is just so ridiculous and random, yet somehow remains coherant. It has everything in it that I could possibly want from a movie, all with a weird Pee-wee spin.

[B]Edward Scissorhands[/B] - Another Burton/Elfman movie. This secured Depp as my favorite actor many, many years ago. The guy can act better in one movie without even speaking than most others can in their entire careers. Solid performances all around and a lot of cool Burton signature touches (colors, timing of actions, etc.)
[B]
Nightmare Before Christmas[/B] - Yet another Burton/Elfman movie. I don't like all of their stuff, but what can you do heh. One of my favorite animated films in general and definitely the best stop motion animation film in existance. I love every last thing about it... especially Elfman's role as Jack Skellington's singing voice. I can't help but be reminded of Oingo Boingo (his band prior to working on film scores).