OtakuBoards

Kill Bill 2

Vegitto4

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, there is my excitement for today.

Now, all I have heard about this is that it's comming out on April 16th(w00t), and what i saw in the 30 second trailer. I think Uma Thurman(sp?) and Michael madsen( in dont know if thats the actual actors name or not, The guy with the black hair. The only guy in the group other than Bill.) Will be awesome.

Any thoughts or speculations on this upcomming blockbuster?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Midnight Rush
I knew I should have brought back my old thread on this lol, but anyway:

The first one kicked *** hands down. It was probably the most entertaining action movie that I have ever seen, and I expect the second to be at least its equal for two reasons:

Uma Thurman delivers the nutsy dialogue as good as anyone, really putting effort into making Kill Bill hilarious and wonderful,

And: They said something about Go-Go Yubari's sister coming after the Bride! Man that will be one hell of a cat fight! Too bad they killed super-hot Lucy Liu... but maybe there will be aflashback?! I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE 16TH ^_^~~~~

When i first saw that movie i didn't think it was gonna be that good, but man was I prooven wrong that day. That movie was the best ever, I cant wait until the second one...hope it has a lot more killing ^.^

I saw a trailer for Kill Bill 2 just the other day, and although it didn't really show much, I still can't wait to see it.

I really like the first film, but I think the sequel will be better. This is mainly because David Carradine is actually gonna be in it, not just his voice.
And by what I've seen of the movie so far, Bill is turning out to be a really cool character with an equally cool sword.

I just hope his fight with the Bride is as good as the one Uma had against the Crazy 88.

Too bad the film couldn't be Kill The Bride instead of Kill Bill. Poor Grasshopper. :(

[QUOTE=Yisan]I am a huge Tarantino fan. I have loved all his movies, from Reservoir Dogs to Pulp Fiction. All I hope is that Tarantino makes an appearance himself in the movie before the end. In every movie of his so far, he has been in it. I can't remember if he was in Jackie Brown, but I think I remember him.

I hated how he had to break the movie up though. Miramax said it was too long, and he didn't want to cut anything out, so he split it up. Lets hope part 2 is as good or better than part 1. I am praying that after part 2 is released, they will release the whole thing on one dvd/2 disc dvd set and just call it "Kill Bill" and forget about the volumes.[/QUOTE]

He actually already has, I am sorry to say that he had a mask on. He was one of the Crazy 88 guys. ^^ They say you do notice him though if you look hard enough.

yes ... i absoultely loved kill bill part 1! i so hope it comes out on dvd soon afterwards.. i can't wait! I saw the trailer for it , and i was like did a double take as i passed the tv...

ugh I hope there is more anime in it as well...that was such a nice little added bonus to the first one. I love all the actors in the movie, I know that this one will live up to thse buzz that is :circlulating around it. Plus thefirst one was a huge sucess so i'm guessing that this one will bring in the same if not more at the box office.

The DVD coming out first is apparently bare bones and contains little beyond the movie. I guess after Vol 2 is out they plan on making a set and that would be what you should pick up if you're interested in extras. Eh.

I'm looking forward to this movie quite a bit. I loved the first part.

[QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel]The DVD coming out first is apparently bare bones and contains little beyond the movie. I guess after Vol 2 is out they plan on making a set and that would be what you should pick up if you're interested in extras. Eh.

I'm looking forward to this movie quite a bit. I loved the first part.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the DTS track basically seals that. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I too loved the first part and can't wait to see the second half of the movie. It's supposedly more of a western themed romance story that'll reveal the past of The Bride, which should be interesting to say the least. I loved the character definition in Vol. 1's flashbacks sequences. The anime scene was slick, and hands-down, one of my favorite sequences in the film. So, I really want to see how it's executed in Volume 2.

The biggest reason I'm looking forward to Kill Bill 2 is because according to all the articles I read there'll be a lot more character development which is what the first one lacked. I think a good back story on the Bride combined with the excellent fighting scenes will make it much better than the first, so I really am excited about it.

Wow, it was a great movie, who wouldn't wanna see Vol. 2?

Anyways, I loved the way the scenes were done, truely amazing. What really bugged me though...is that the bride is name-less. That drove me insane. Maybe in Vol. 2 I'll be put outta my misery and they'll tell us what her name is...

Guest Naota
I've been waiting for nearly six months for the 16th to arrive......I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

I also happened to find a few little facts about the movie:
[spoiler]Yuri, Go-Go's sister, is in fact, the very first person that the bride fights in the movie. There is also a big flashback scene where The Bride is in training with a kung-fu master by the name of Pai Mei. I don't really like The Bride's real name though....(yes, they do tell you her real name, even zoom in on her real driver's liscence).[/spoiler]
I can't wait until next week!

[color=#707875]Yeah, they actually tell you The Bride's name in the first movie. You have to be sharp to notice it though. ~_^

Anyway, like everyone else and their dog, I enjoyed the first volume. It was good, dumb fun. And I'm sure the second will be just as crazy and fun as well. It'll be nice to eventually watch the two as a full movie, also.

I don't think I'll buy the first DVD, based on what I've read about it. Apparently even the video and audio quality aren't particularly great for a DVD. Hopefully the second DVD will be more feature-packed and better quality, but who knows. Either way, that's the one I'll probably buy.

But I'll definitely rent the first movie again. I've only seen it once, so I'm eager to see it once more before I see the second story.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2]I cant wait for the second one as well there is a new 2 minute trailer on the kill-bill.com website. Apparently Sam Jackson(Sam Jackson, Uma Thurman, and Tarention together again!) is going to play the organ player in the flashback which tells the brides story. I saw the first movie about 3 times I loved it so much and im definately going to be in line the day this one comes out.

I want to see David Caradine and Uma Thurman's fight as well I am also interested in finding out the reasoning behind [spoiler] why they tried to kill The Bride[/spoiler] and if she truly the hero or is she the bad guy?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kill Bill may be Tarentino's worst film in terms of dialouge and character depth (Pulp Fiction and Resivoir Dogs dominated those.) but it made up for it in awesome visuals and roll on the floor laughter.

It was like a bad 70's kung fu movie all over again. From the blood packs to the constant screaming to the idiotic plot. I loved it.

But DAMN YOU PEOPLE! It was supposed to be released in February. But they put it on the same weekend as The Punisher... Bad move, Very Bad Move.

[COLOR=Navy]I dont think it really was a bad move, Tarentino films are bound to draw no matter what because he has alot of diehard fans. I also have a feeling that The Punisher is going to be a let down at the box office. Also Kill Bill made a worldwide grossing of $175,800,000 and the combined budgets for the films was $65,000,000 so even if this movie makes no money they have made back the money they spent on the films at the least it will make back its advertising budget which cant be greater then 10-20 million.[/COLOR]

[color=#707875]Also worthy of note; Tarantino is going to make a prequel to Kill Bill, which will be an anime feature length film.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't noticed it, so I thought I'd bring it up. I'm not quite sure who is working on it, but if it's the same as the anime sequence from the movie...then it should be something special.[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
There's an interview with Carradine on IGN's movieforce site and it's pretty funny. Nothing about Kill Bill Vol. 2, but he does talk about Superman and Batman a lot, which is awesome because that is soooo geeky I want to send him a Batman postcard for it.

I didn't like the first film. Say what you will about the deliberate crappiness of it, I didn't appreciate it. I liked Uma Thurman in it, but I hated everyone else so far. And I can't stand irrelevant scenes, and Vol. 1 was full of them. So I'm not looking forward to Vol. 2, although I guess I have to see it just because everyone else will. Same as with the Matrix films. Let's hope for some cohesiveness in the second half I guess.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Tarentino recently did an interview with Entertainment Weekly where he stated he will film a volume 3 in 15 years. He said he is going to film som scenes in one or 2 years for the sake of flashbacks. Uma Thurman will not star in this one she will be the bad guy of this film and the little girl from the first film who watched[spoiler] her mother (played by Vivica A. Fox) die by the hand of the bride will come looking for revenge.[/spoiler] Why he has to film in 15 years I dont know I think he should film it in 5 years tops and just get a new actress to play the girl.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='BlueGender][color=navy][size=1]Tarentino recently did an interview with Entertainment Weekly where he stated he will film a volume 3 in 15 years. He said he is going to film som scenes in one or 2 years for the sake of flashbacks. Uma Thurman will not star in this one she will be the bad guy of this film and the little girl from the first film who watched[spoiler] her mother (played by Vivica A. Fox) die by the hand of the bride will come looking for revenge.[/spoiler] Why he has to film in 15 years I dont know I think he should film it in 5 years tops and just get a new actress to play the girl.[/size'][/color][/quote]
To answer your question about the 15 year thing, Tarantino is one of the few directors in entertainment that is so dedicated to an actor that he will postpone, delay, whatever, a film by a number of years. He would not have done Kill Bill without Uma; when she became pregnant, for a week he considered recasting, but realized it wouldn't be the same without her.

Tarantino has a distinct vision for his films. Everything must be just so. Tarantino is...he has an anal-retentive attention to detail. He's a very determined filmmaker, probably one of the more dedicated filmmakers of the past 10 years.

Sciros, you're just ignorant, then, if you can't appreciate a filmmaker's purpose. Kill Bill was not "deliberate crappiness." I suggest you go back and take a look at the movies Kill Bill was emulating. [i]Those[/i] were crap. I think you can find them on around 3 or 4 am, on some second- or third-rate cable station. While Kill Bill may have paid homage to the cheesy kung fu movies, it certainly achieves something far greater than being relegated to "break of dawn broadcasts." If you refuse to see the beauty of Kill Bill or The Matrix, then I don't know how you're going to be able to appreciate anything. Kill Bill and The Matrix are at the top of their respective genres and styles. But, go ahead. Stay ignorant of cinematic masterpieces.

Concerning the prequel Kill Bill anime, I'm certainly interested. I notice that Tarantino is very thorough in his execution of any film he does. He really loves expanding upon his stories, giving us different angles to familiar material. I think that thoroughness is evident in the Kill Bill franchise. A few months ago, I had heard rumors of a KILL BOOK, written by Tarantino. He wants to do an anime prequel, Vol III might be in the works. It's really quite remarkable.

Tarantino is they type of guy that resists capitalizing off of a film. He's similar to the Wachowskis, in that respect. Both create sidestories because the potential plot development is there, not because potential profit is there. Though, making hordes and loads of money from something like Animatrix or KILL BOOK is always a plus, hehe.

Kill Bill is an amazing movie, and Tarantino is loving it like we love it. The level of attention and detail he puts into his films is very nice. He's not a cookiecutter filmmaker, but can include cliches and make them work beautifully. Kill Bill is the example of this.

If you couldn't tell, Tarantino is one of my favorite directors, lol. Kubrick and Hitchcock are the other two.

Kill Bill is really just an exploitation film, plain and simple. I think if people realized that, they would look at Kill Bill in a different light. It wasn't trying to be anything more than what it was and it really is far better than pretty much every film it bases itself on. I loved the movie and, unlike many, I enjoyed the dialogue. I thought it was absolutely spot-on for what the film was trying to accomplish.

As for that interview, I honestly just think he's joking anyway.

I'm slightly annoyed that Bill is absolutely everywhere now. Especially after all the trouble they went through to keep him faceless in the first volume.

[QUOTE=Petey]
Concerning the prequel Kill Bill anime, I'm certainly interested. I notice that Tarantino is very thorough in his execution of any film he does. He really loves expanding upon his stories, giving us different angles to familiar material. I think that thoroughness is evident in the Kill Bill franchise. A few months ago, I had heard rumors of a KILL BOOK, written by Tarantino. He wants to do an anime prequel, Vol III might be in the works. It's really quite remarkable.
[/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]One of the aspects that I always liked about Tarentino was that he left so many possibilities open to speculation in his films. He never tells the watcher why Vincent Vega had to go to Amsterdam or how Jules became a hit man. The viewer never finds out why Marsell chucked the notorious foot massuse out of the window. And there is no real reasoning behind why the various "Mister 'Colors'" were chosen for the heist, or who was responsible for doing what.

I like that about Tarentino films. I enjoy plots and charecters that are a bit more open yet at the same time implement very detailed and unique dialogue. Therefore, even though I am a maniac when it comes to the Kill Bill movies, I doubt I would want to watch a prequel or a volume three, nor would I want to delve deeper into aspects of the various charecters.

No, I think the movies alone suit me just fine...[/color]

I thought that kill bill was a really good movie, one of my favorites. I cant wait to see Kill Bill 2, since they end the movie saying something like '' Did you tell her that her daughter was still alive?'' hehe. Its a pretty good punch line. I think it should make more money than the first one, cuz it will...but I wonder if they will blow it. It better be just as good as the first one!

Oh and what is the Bride's name ? I dont remember hearing it.

[color=#707875]Yep, spoiler tags are definitely good.

For those who want to know, The Bride's name is [spoiler]Beatrix Kiddo[/spoiler], as far as I know. Apparently you can [spoiler]read her airline ticket in the first movie, which has her name printed on it[/spoiler].

So there you go. If you're a [spoiler]Kill Adam[/spoiler] reader, you'll know why I called my character [spoiler]Jamie [b]Kidd[/b][/spoiler]. ~_^[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
[quote name='Petey]Sciros, you're just ignorant, then, if you can't appreciate a filmmaker's purpose. Kill Bill was not "deliberate crappiness." I suggest you go back and take a look at the movies Kill Bill was emulating. [i]Those[/i'] were crap. ... If you refuse to see the beauty of Kill Bill or The Matrix, then I don't know how you're going to be able to appreciate anything. Kill Bill and The Matrix are at the top of their respective genres and styles. But, go ahead. Stay ignorant of cinematic masterpieces.[/quote]

You know, you have an extremely abrasive personality. Kill Bill was certainly "deliberate crappiness" because it emulated crappy movies. Whether that's beautiful in your eyes or not is not the issue, nor do I give a damn. Oh, and don't bring The Matrix into this, because I can go on for weeks tearing the film to pieces. Refusing to see the beauty in The Matrix is like refusing to see the beauty in a walrus carcass rotting on the beach. But that's something for another thread.

Not appreciating a filmmaker's purpose is not "being ignorant." I don't appreciate Gibson's purpose in making The Passion. Does that make me ignorant? No. It's just a matter of taste as far as what one thinks a filmmaker should bring to the screen.