OtakuBoards

Crappiest Game You've Played

Guest ScirosDarkblade

[COLOR=DarkOrange]While a year ago, I would have defended [B]ToS [/B] until my own death, heralding it as the greatest game ever; these days I think i know exactly what you mean. Mind you, even now I really love the battle system, but everything else just caters to the thirsting lust of anime fanboys too hyped up on [B]Naruto [/B] and [B]Fate/Stay Night[/B] to think straight.

I mean, yeah, the story and script were both pretty damn bad. And the characters were 100% cliche. How i was so in love with that cast at the time, I'll never know (then again, there are 11 volumes of Naruto on my manga shelf, so i think I may know why >_<)

At the same time, though, this is what most RPGs are like. I have tons of RPGs cuz I used to be such a fanboy, but now most of them I look at with disdain. Honestly, most of the[B] Final Fantasy [/B] line disgusts me. Other than [B]IX[/B], which I recognize for it's whimsical creativity, I've never been able to get too into an FF game. They're just so... lame, i guess.

the same can be said about all the popular RPGs; [B]Xenosaga[/B], [B]Atelier Iris[/B], [B]Golden Sun [/B] -- all games Id've fought to the death for but now find hideously uninteresting.

Thankfully, there are plenty of mold-breakers out there. Games like [B]Shin Megami Tensei [/B] series, [B]Shadow Hearts [/B] series, and [B]Disgaea [/B] are all shining examples of gaming glory.[/COLOR]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]
Thankfully, there are plenty of mold-breakers out there. Games like [B]Shin Megami Tensei [/B] series, [B]Shadow Hearts [/B] series, and [B]Disgaea [/B] are all shining examples of gaming glory.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]From the New World ws a great game, I gave it a 5 out of 5. It's one of my favorite games of al time, next to the Kingdom hearts series. :p

Now the worst game I've ever played. Well, that's easy! Duel Masters: Senpai legends. Why in the hell did they slay the gaming world with a piece of crap this smelly? A sword should be stuck up the producers ***! Then they should remove is intestines and stick them in the air. (just ike DB wants to do to me)

The graphics were good for the GBA, but the gameplay was like a relish hot dog; plain ol' nasty! If I had to choose between prison rape and playing this game, I'd rather get my butt whipped by Teddy![/COLOR]

Here are a few bad games Ive played.
[B]N64[/B] - DK64 was fun for a while but soon got boring. I had fun until I rescued a few of the kongs then I never played again. To this day it sits on the shelf colleting dust with my neglected Nintendo 64.

[B]Sega Genesis[/B] - pretty much everything on this system excluding the sonic series was ****. But "The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare" was a special kind of ****. It was so bad it was almost good, not good in the traditional sense, but good in the sense that the quality was so bad that I was impressed by the developer's ability to make such a terrible game. All you do it the game is walk across a neverending sidewalk avoiding getting killed. Occasionally, one of Bart's missing papers would appear on the ground, and you played some mini game to get it back. It was all really confusing, and I stopped playing before I really figured it out.

[B]Gamecube[/B] - Urbz: Sims in the City was THE worst Sims ever. The whole goal of the game was to become popular. As you progress through the game, you move to different areas of the city and befriend the local group there. one area has punks/goths another has skateboarders another has bikers ect. All the people in this game are really steriotypical and the only way to befriend them is to dress like them and adopt their mannerisms so this game has a really good moral to it, "If you want to be popular all you have to do is conform."

[B]PC[/B] - Im going to get ambushed by WOW nerds for saying this but, World of Warcraft is bad. It's definately not the worst game on the PC and is enjoyable for about 4-6 months but once you hit the level cap, you come to the coclusion that either you have to throw away your life with raiding or PvP, or be bad at the game. Raiding sucks, guilds are usually led by annoying, selfish nerds with no lives. You will be required to show up at almost every raid to get any gear, raids usually last about 4 hours. I have a friend that got in a hardcore raiding guild and constantly fell asleep in class because he stayed up till 3 the night before. NEVER BUY WORLD OF WARCRAFT. It will devour your life and turn you into an empty shell of a person :animedepr

[QUOTE]And the characters were 100% cliche.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
Genis was probably the worst (Mostly because to call Zelos a character would be to lie!) in that regard... I especially loved the time that he, in one of the worst exchanges in the game, said that one of Loyd's lines was really cliched... I'm not sure if you call that irony or what, but it was funny whatever it was!
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]At the same time, though, this is what most RPGs are like. I have tons of RPGs cuz I used to be such a fanboy, but now most of them I look at with disdain. Honestly, most of the Final Fantasy line disgusts me. Other than IX, which I recognize for it's whimsical creativity, I've never been able to get too into an FF game. They're just so... lame, i guess. [/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
That's what happens when you outsource an entire genre's creative design to Japan; you get the same crap over and over designed to cater to the nipponophiles who'll buy anything because it comes from Japan. Who needs creativity when you've got a blind following? Most of the great RPGs I can think of are North American based; Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, SWKOTOR, etc etc...
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]the same can be said about all the popular RPGs; Xenosaga, Atelier Iris, Golden Sun -- all games Id've fought to the death for but now find hideously uninteresting.
[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
While I agree in general, I do have a bit of a soft-spot for Golden Sun. I'm not sure why, but I just love that game... Granted, the last boss was annoying as hell if you didn't get him in one try, because you had to sit through the damn twenty-minute cut-scene every time (both GS games were like that), but it was pretty fun.[/COLOR]

[/QUOTE]
NEVER BUY WORLD OF WARCRAFT. It will devour your life and turn you into an empty shell of a person [QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
Is that not the sign of a truely great game? The first sign of the cyberpunk revolution - games are becoming better then real-life. It's only a matter of time until there'll be no reason to spend life outside of a game... and what a sweet time it'll be!

On that note, ToS is actually not the worst game I can think of, just the worst big-name huge-selling game I've played... For example, ET. E freakin T. Just, wow. It was so bad they literally buried thousands of the game cartridges into a the New Mexico desert and covered them in sand. Bam. Or, I don't know, Master Fu and the Drunken Hu, or the Karate Kid game, or that Atari Jaguar PACMAN port (Yea; they managed to make Pacman unfun!) Actually, anything on the Jaguar could be considered the worst ever.

On second thought, there are too many ****** games out there to list, so let's just leave it at that.[/COLOR]

It's usually the sign of a great game if it devours your life but with WoW it just gets pointless because your addicted to a game thats no longer fun to you. I do understand where your coming from though, Big Sky, and agree that it would be awesome if there was a cyberpunk revolution and you never had to spend time outside the world of an MMOG.

[QUOTE=Big Sky][COLOR=Gray]
That's what happens when you outsource an entire genre's creative design to Japan; you get the same crap over and over designed to cater to the nipponophiles who'll buy anything because it comes from Japan. Who needs creativity when you've got a blind following? Most of the great RPGs I can think of are North American based; Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, SWKOTOR, etc etc...
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I'm going to attempt to adress this post using the fewest number of swear words possible.

No. Simply no, and that opinion is hideous. First of all Nihonophiles don't exist. That's a dumb *** term for outside-looking-in bastards who don't know what the frick they're talking about. K? Now, to a further point. People do not blindly follow Japanese games, and that's like calling all Christians retards or some similar ********.

Japan produces a different kind of game than America does. If you enjoy that style, it doens't freaking matter where it comes from -- you enjoy that style. If that style only comes from one place - then yeah, you're going to like things that come from that place. It's not like you buy it just cuz it comes from there, that just happens to be where it's coming from. If american games had the same style, then yeah, we'd be playing American games as well.

But there aren't. Now, if someone enjoys games like [B]Tales of Symphonia [/B] then they enjoy it - the 'quality' of a game is in the eye of the player. i know a good amount of people who just adore ToS and [B]Star Ocean [/B] but won't even come near something like [B]Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter[/B], even though it's deemed far 'superior'. If you don't like it, you don't like it, if you do, you do. If people like it, then the games [i]should[/i] be made. It's not like anyone's forcing the non-fans to play them, so what's the freaking deal?

The bitterness toward people who enjoy Japanese games is apalling, and as a mega Japanese gamer, I take it as an offense. I personally find [B]KOTOR [/B] to be very boring (as well as [B]Jade Empire [/B] which i consider similar) and at the same time games like FF.

Games shouldn't be judged by their country of origin, they should be judged by if they are good. [B]Shin megami Tensei[/B], [B]Shaodow Hearts[/B], [B]Disgaea[/B], [B]Phantasy Star Universe[/B]... those are all good. [B]World of Warcraft[/B], [B]Fable[/B], [B]Guild Wars[/B]... they're good too. [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]One of the worst games I have ever played is [B][I]Sonic Heroes[/I][/B]. I regret even looking at it, the storyline was unbelievably dumb but worst of all was the controls. Pressing a button to switch to Tails to fly over a drop can instead switch to Sonic who runs straight off the edge like a suicidal hedgehog. I'm afraid to say it killed what little liking I had for Sonic and now I turn my head at whatever Sonic brand Sega tries to throw in your face.

However, games that seem bad to others could be considered fantastic to someone else. Games can also be judged by people's tastes, not just by gameplay quality. Although that is mainly the reason games can be considered bad. Hmmm... [B][I]Drakengard[/I][/B] comes to mind here. Didn't quite make up to my standards.[/COLOR]

[font=comic sans ms]Last bad game I've played was Shadow the Hedgehog. Called myself trying to get into the platformer type games, but that died out quickly with me playing this game. But that was a long time ago, and the only game I can remember off the top of my head. (Now I just play games that I think are worth my time... mainly action/adventure type games.)

In any case, what really killed this game is the camera. Most of the time I found myself battling the camera instead of the enemies because I would always end up over the edge.

I like the idea of giving Shadow weapons, but I didn't like the idea of him driving especially with the messed up camera. Isn't he suppose to be as fast as Sonic, or maybe I was just assuming he was. But if he was suppose to be as fast as Sonic then I don't see the need for vehicles when he can skate with his shoes (or is he skating on air?) That's just a nitpick though so it was nothing major.

Like most of the other games I play, I don't pay attention to the story. I have a short attention span as is, so I don't even bother trying to piece together things, unless it really intrigues me.

That's about it for now. Most of the other games that I've played (and sold back) aren't really bad, but I just found them uninteresting or grew tired of the genre before attempting to get to the 1st boss. (Dragon Quest VIII and Chrono Cross.... Yep, I have a bad taste in games.)[/font]

[QUOTE=Phenom][font=comic sans ms]
Like most of the other games I play, I don't pay attention to the story. I have a short attention span as is, so I don't even bother trying to piece together things, unless it really intrigues me.
[/font][/QUOTE]

[I][COLOR=Navy]That's a problem Phenom. part of enjoying the game is to get into the story. What I'd do in your case is play a game youve beaten whle paying attention to it's plot. That will make it more enjoyable and it would train you in getting interested in the story of other games old and new.

Good examples of compelling story-lines are Shadow Hearts:FtNW, Kingdom hearts I and II and most of all final fantsay VII.[/COLOR][/I]

[font=comic sans ms]No doubt, it's a problem, but unfortunately, I just don't really care about storylines when it comes to games. Majority of the games I look for deals with things that's good for taking out aggression on. (That's the main reason why I look for beat em ups and hack n slashers.)

But I guess I could give your suggestion a try. (It wouldn't hurt) And we're in luck seeing how I'm playing KH2 at the moment, but again, for the wrong reason. :) (Pure hack n slash and decent villains.)

Thanks for the suggestion though.

But lets not stray too far off topic with me and my short span of attention for stories. :)[/font]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Can [b]Kindom Hearts[/b] even be considered a hack-n-slash? It's one button...

An Action RPG at best.

Anyways. In recent memory, the crappiest crap games I've ever played are as follows:

[b]Bubsy 3D[/b]: Yeah... I was one of the unfortunate few who actually had my eyes raped by that game...

[b]Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death[/b]: Someday, my Dad will learn why bargain-bin games are in the bargain bin.

[b]All Fishing Games[/b]: Why don't you just GO FISHING!!!

[b]Second Sight[/b]: A god-awful and blatant Psi-Ops rip off. Psi-Ops rocks, by the way. Play it.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=darkred][size=1]

[b]All Fishing Games[/b]: Why don't you just GO FISHING!!![/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nothing tastes like a crime against humanity quite like a gamer with dead eyes staring at a digital bob, salivating at the thought of that delicious yet elusive binary bass.

Daikatana for the N64 was a publicly rejected game, and with good reason. My friend rented it, and we both gave it a whirl...then we went to counseling. Lots too. I couldn't play a FPS for awhile afterward. Seriously, just how BAD can you make the controls and graphics without trying to do so? :animeangr

I generally am a fan of survival horror, so when I tried Extermination for the PS2 I was crushed when it overwhelmed me with horrid visuals, bland everything and tree-sap-like gameplay.

The NES had Xenophobe...ugh. That was the most terrible side-scroller I've ever played. The difficulty of doing anything and wiping the blood from eyes due to the visuals burned an eternal hatred in me for that POS. *shivers* :animedepr