OtakuBoards

Crappiest Game You've Played

Guest ScirosDarkblade

Overall most of the games I've ever played were pretty good. But there was one that I wanted to tryout called Rogue Ops and rented it from the store. I had never seen anything that pathetic before in my life. The character's bodies bent in all kinds of ways when you turned and moved and the background graphics didn't even match. I don't know if it was the game or it's condition but I never picked it up again. Everytime someone went to talk the only thing you'd hear was, "Nice job," or something like that and it was always the same man's voice no matter who was supposed to be speaking. Even the storyline was a mess. She joined an organization because her husband was murdered by their rivals? It was kinda irritating.

Besides that I don't think there was much else. I'm really picky about what I play.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Here are two games that are rather dissapointing,( I think so anyway)

Inu-yasah: The secret of the cursed mask
WHY: well all you pretty much do is just stand around and talk for hours on end, and the graphics suck. on a scale of 1-10 I say 3

Tom clancys's Ghost Recon 2:
Why:Well for one its hard as heck(thats normal for the type of game GR2 is) but instead of first or third-person veiw they made some new veiw that puts your character all the way to the left of the screen and its realy hard to shoot or anything else, on a scale of 1-10 i give it a 5.5

this is kinda a short artical ( Monaraters please dont close it

:nervous: )

[color=#4B0082]Merged this with the Crappiest Games You've Played thread, since they're both pretty much the same. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

Yes, this will be closed. But I will save you by starting an actual discussion. Please Read(or reread) the rules. 2 games I think you should never buy:

Spiderman 2 for the DS:
No map, a time limit, and a burning building that is impossible to get through. Ick.

Dynasty warriors:
Too hard and confusing; the soldiers are half as powerful as you! There are hundreds of them!

This can be fun! Warning people about games that may LOOK great but actually SUCK.

1. Xenosaga: I don't care what everyone else thinks of it, I dont like this game! The first level is great because it actually has battles, ut after that you go through about thirty minutes walking around, confused, talking to people. Then you run into this part where these ghost monsters are chasing you around and if you run into one your pretty much dead. Also, I tried to watch the frequent and long FMVs, but they wasted so much time with talking about random stuf, I got so bored I skipped them.

2. Pac Man World 2: If your a huge fan of Pac-Man and want this game, dont buy it. Its the biggest failure by namco ever.

Final Fantasy X is not worth buying. On the one hand, the battle system is decent, and I appreciate the fact that you're given some choice when it comes to levelling up the characters. On the other hand, the storyline is painfully predictable and ends up being little more than a great way to cure insomnia. The English voice acting is [i]painfully[/i] bad, and I say this as a fan of dubs. I'm just lucky that a friend gave the game to me for free (or maybe lucky isn't the word--I want those hours of my life back!).

I played some Inuyasha game a while ago--I think this may be the same one you referred to, fanfaf--and it was indeed pretty pathetic. For the most part, I try to stay away from that kind of anime tie-in.

~Dagger~

I agree with the fact that games and anime DO NOT mix, many anime and gaming magazines have come to the conclusion that these boundaries shouldn't be broken.

Most anime-spinoff-video games aren't that great. I myself, on personal opinon, haven't found an extrordinary one yet and think that there isn't going to be one unless the makers figure out what they're doing...

And as for Final Fantasy, I also agree with Dagger IX1.

[QUOTE]On the other hand, the storyline is painfully predictable and ends up being little more than a great way to cure insomnia. The English voice acting is painfully bad, and I say this as a fan of dubs.[/QUOTE]

I thought that my ears were going to bleed everytime I heard Tidus speak. And storyline? What surprises were in that? You knew at the end you were going to have to "face your demons" and what not...*snore* :sleep:

I would have to say:

Ephemeral Phantasia(I think that's right) on PS2 - The storyline is appaling as well as the battle sytem and the character upgrade system. All round a bad game.

Drakengard(PS2) - It was a a great game to start off with and the graphics were awesome but after a while it got too repetitive. The gameplay for every stage is just the same and Square had it in for the characters through every ending.

• 2 weeks later...
You want to hear one of the Yu-Gi-Oh games that I gave away shortly after I bought it? Duelest of the Roses. What killed me was what felt like a 3 hour tutorial on the battle system and I never really got past that, too much information that would be lost to me until I possibly made a bad move because I didn't remember what they were trying to teach me.

Gods and generals. I didnt buy this game, but I played the demo. Absoltutely the worst game ever created. It was made the same year as the movie to try to generate some hype for it. What a failure though.
gamespot review here. [url]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/godsgenerals/review.html[/url]

Probably one of the worst games I've played was Superman for N64. The game played like molasses, the graphics look crappy even for N64 standards. The game was boring and dull. The first stage of the stage was completely stupid. You have to fly thru rings, I mean, since when Superman fly thru rings anyway? I'm glad that I rented not bought it.

Also, another one of the worst games I've played was WCW Nitro for PS1. The graphics on this game was completely horrid. I've seen better graphics on a Sega Genesis game. The gameplay was sloppy, it would take about 2 seconds after a button was pressed for it to respond. I bought because I thought it was going to something like WCW/NWO Revenge. But, I was young and stupid.

As for classic systems like NES, Genesis, SNES, there is none I can think at the moment, because I've liked all the games I've played for those systems.

• 2 weeks later...
thw single worst game iv ever played in my gaming history has got to be Glover for the N64. WTF man, yer a friggin glove pushing a ball around, while trying to kill a bloated black glove. youve got odd enemys in the levels, and lame-*** bosses at the end. ladies and gentleman, i **** you not, after a week of playing the game, i DID, take it to my back deck and smash it slegd hammer. an ya kno wut, it felt good...

the second worst game was conkers bad fur day, also 4 the N64. its about a squirl whith a hangover, trying to find his way home, he gets drunk, pisses on stuff, and goes to war, and **** like that. dont get me wrong, i enjoy gettin drunk and doin dumb stuff, but i dont need to play a game about it (the mulit-player mode was pretty cool ;p

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, here they are.

NES: I wouldn't know. I never had one. Uh..."Jaws." Watch the awsome movie, read the awsome book, avoid the game like the plauge. It was poorly done. Not scary, not exciting, and at the end "Super death mode?" The shark starts FLYING through the air. Stupid, stupid, Stupid.

SNES: "Shaq Fu." WTF!?! This isn't fighting, it's a hissy fit!

Genesis: Don't know..I never played it much.

PS1: "Gundam Battle Assult." I played it because I love Gundam, and mecha. Also, Hero Yui of Gundam Wing made his first video game appearence, in Wing Gundam. Other characters included, Char (in Zaku, and in Sazabi from Char's Counterattack), Kamile, Armuro, and others. Bad play control, bad diolouge, and it made no sense. The sequal had all of the Gundams and characters from "Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz". So, there was Wing Zero Custom, and all of the GW boys. Hero, Quatre, Trowa, Wufei, Zechs, and of course Duo, (Breath fan girls. Breath.). But not much improvments. It could've been better. But still, a fight between Char and Zechs? I'd pay to see that.

XBOX: "Malice". Originally, "No Doubt" front woman Gwen Stefani was going to be the voice of the spunky head character. And the other band members were going to be voices of supporting characters. And No Doubt was going to record some music for the game as well. Cool. But the project was scrapped, and redone, as a awful game. It was too rushed, and badly done. If it was done as it was first intended, it would've been great.

PS2: "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" for one. Buffy is an amuter. and what kind of a name is Buffy? Ever met anyone named Buffy? Didn't think so. It's more of a name you give your dog. Give me Van Helsing, (from Bram Stroker's Dracula novel), D, Blade, the Belmont Family, or even better Alucard. Bad fighting, cheesy diolouge, and Geller can't act her way out of a empty room. Spike and Angel are cool though, but the game even makes Spike look bad too, I'm afraid.

Ally: I'm wicka.
Me: Huh?
Ally: Ever seen Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
Me: I don't watch that crap. I also hate all reality shows. Freinds was first cute and funny, then it became the Ross and Rachel Show. The Simpsons aren't funny any more, and neither is SNL. It used to funny, but now, it's awful. I apologize if I upset anyone. I'm just exspressing my opinions on games, and t.v.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
This is a thread devoted to games that you should avoid. Please keep within the time frame of this generation, because no one really cares that ET sucks, 'cause we don't buy it. Also, please do not put dissapointments here. Put games that were bad and really have no redeaming qualities. No "Hlo 2 sckz cuz et wuznt az gud az hlo" crap.

[b][u]Playstation 2[/b][/u]
Dynasty/Samurai Warriors: Oh My God. All you do is run around and try to kill soldiers that are as powerful a you, and there's a hundred. When tactics become run like a sissy, I put down the controller.
Ninja Assault: I actually thought that doing a bad game for the GC2 was impossible. Boy was I wrong. Horrible camera angles and all, this game is just crap.

[b][u]Gamecube[/u][/b]
Batman: Dark Tomorrow/Rise of Sin Tsu: This game made Superman 64 seem like Super Mario 64. I really don't remember much about my experience with Batman: Dark Tomorrow for the same reason I don't remember the last TV commercial I saw: It was so damn short I didn't really care.

[b][u]PC[/b][/u]
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing: Are you ready for a game so atrocious that you must own a copy? That's right, this game has so much suckage that you must show it to all of your friends! Are walls a problem? Drive right through them! Are Trucks too slow? Accelerate indefinately! Is this game getting boring? Why not climb a mountain and leave the game world! Sound fun?

[b][u]Game Boy Advance[/b][/u]
Star X: When your game has pop-up when showing only 1 texture at a time, it is a recipe for disaster. If I could hit something with the aiming system, I would tell you what an explosion looks like. But it's impossible, so all I have to show is this: :blowup:

Oh come on Morpheus, Dynasty Warriors isn't that bad. Point taken that you ar running around slashing at powerful enemies but it is Addictive like hell. Grabted that these are my thoughts on the game but still.
How can something make a game as crapper then Superman 64 and make Said Superman game look like Super Marion 64. Now that you mention It Bubsy the Bobcat 3D would fit that mould. It has been said before by a Moderator but I cannot remember which. It tryed to jump on the Band Wagon of Mario 64, Slipped and Crippled itself for life. Bubsy 3D was not even a Ho-Hum Platformer, It was a *Blows Raspberry in the face of Game owner* Piece of Crap that no one even paid attention to. Its predecsors were crap and, guess what, it didn't break the mould.

NES: I'd say World Class Track Meet.

N64: I have to say Superman 64.. I played the first level and quit because of it's cheapness.

Gamecube: I haven't played to many bad games for the GCN either but I say it'd have to be Turok. I started playing it with high expectations and quickly got bored

PC: The worst game I've ever played for the PC was NAM. It had bad graphics, rip off music (one of the songs sounds a lot like a very horribly done version of Paint it Black) and no story line other than you kill the enemy.

• 1 month later...
Let's see, there are an OUTRAGEOUS amount of bad games out there, and, unfortunately,I happened to have owned most of them. These are probably the worst, though.

NES: Has anyone ever played The Hunt For Red October. There is no point to this game. You go around in the ocean and shoot missles, and I never made it past level two. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the book, but it is nothing like it. If you ever find it in a bargain bin, you're still paying too much.

PSOne: I found this game at a store, and when I read the back, it sounded invigorating. However, when I opened the package to Darstone and put into my PSOne, I couldn't help but flinch. The graphics burned my eyes, and the gameplay was crappy at best, and the story wasn't even woth the twenty bucks I paid for them.

These are the biggest standouts at the moment,but there are more. Oh, are there more... :(

To those of you who say the Dynasty Warriors series is hard... ...You need to either work on your timing skills or spend more than five minutes playing the game. Maybe even put the game on Easy. But if you're saying a simple Private or Major is as strong as Zhao Zilong, Lu Bu, Ma Chao, etc., then you're insane. If you perhaps spent the time to level up characters you might stand a chance? *sighs*

I think I'd have to say the crappiest game I EVER played would be... E.T. for Atari 2600. I can't even go into the amount of horror this game gave me. It just...

[Superman 64 in close second.]

[B]NES-[/B] I gotta say Home Alone. I remember getting this for Christmas and playing it about 5 minutes that night and never playing it again. It still gives me cold chills to think about it.

[B]SNES-[/B]I have to go with Toy Story. Yeah I know, another crappy movie game. But hey, I was young and foolish!

[B]Sega Genesis-[/B] Gotta go with Lost Vikings. I hated this game so much when I was young and still do not have good feelings towards it. I guess it just never came off as a fun game to me.

[B]Gamecube-[/B] Rocky wins this one. Man what a terrible game. Horrible controls, bad graphics, bleh. Not to mention it wasn't that fun to play.

[B]X Box-[/B] House of the Dead III. It was just so short that it felt like you were cheated for paying full price for it. The voice acting was horrible, but that is to be expected in this sort of game.

Okay! I've played a lot of games and there is only one single game that I would call "crappiest game ever"! It's for the NES and I think it was called "Athena: Warrior Princess" or something like that. It was a run of the mill side-scrolling game and you were this warrior looking woman that battled monsters.

The thing is, the monsters were so awkward looking, that it gave a whole new meaning to bad graphics. They simply were undescribable. And the jumping was frustrating, too. When it looks like you cleared over a monster or a platform, in gaming reality, you actually didn't! But when you managed to beat a level, the new one was [B]exactly[/B] the same as the last one. You would go through many levels and for countless hours doing the same thing over and over again. This was a task that was pretty tough with only two lives in the entire game.

It was, however, pretty funny to have game experts (who have never seen it before) try to beat the game. Sometimes we would see who could play the longest without actually getting pissed off at it.

[SIZE=1]So far I'd have to say one of the worst games I've played is Monster Hunter, now while it may be a little unfair for me to say that since it was only a demo, it didn't give me much hope for the actual game.

The graphics were gorgeous, I'll give it that, but actual game play ruined it for me. The controls are awful and very impractical for fighting and since you go straight into a fight instead of setting up an actual arena (like in FF) I think good and fast controls are essential. The sword I had to use is massive and the controls for using that are [I]terrible[/I]. There was also one point where I was fighting totally blind because the camera doesn't move with your character fast enough and I had a cliff right in front of my camera while my character was behind it being swamped by three dinosaurs.

It's a game that has the potential of being awesome, but also the type to give a massive headache.[/SIZE]

[size=1][font=Verdana][color=royalblue]The sh**tiest game I had ever played...hm...

...This's going to be a hard one, because a lot of games, of course, were buggy and low-quality graphics and came from the 80's-early 90's era, and some that may be called off as crappy may just simply be a challenging game.

...I'd have to say Super Pitfall for the NES. Yeah, I liked the exploration and graphics, but good God, I couldn't jump worth sh**. And landing like, 4-5 feet KILLED me. UGH! I guess height is different in video games. >_O Three actual feet (or inches) in real life can be like, 30-50+ in the damn game, and I mean by where the character actually is in the game, not literally right off the screen.

See what I mean? Ok whatever.

And I think Generic stated somewhere in this lengthy thread Super Pitfall also. I hated jumping the hell around for invisible key items, and my gun bullets disappeared after three inches, which resulted in risking my life to actually kill the enemy without running into them.[/color][/font][/size]

• 1 month later...
Sonic Heros- sonic adventuers 1&2 were really fun. But My God that game was bad.

First when it said 'Sonic Heros' I thought it was just Gunna be Sonic, Knucles and Tails. and not all these rejected animals that didn't really help in fighting Eggman :mad: