OtakuBoards

Crappiest Game You've Played

Guest ScirosDarkblade

Ok, I haven't owned that many consoles, but of the ones I have...

_PS1_ Spyro. Hands down. All of the game titles were horrible. The story was non-existant and the enemies were pushovers. When I was little, I used to be in love with those Spyro games, but one day I woke up and saw the light. I got my GCN! Not more than a week later I traded in my PS1 for $18, and was on the road to salvation. :D

_Gamecube_ Gotta be Simpson: Hit and Run/Roadrage. The entire game sucked...
They ripped off every possible thing from the show... in a bad way. The story line, well there was no story line. And the controls, don't even get me started. The textures and graphics were total crap too. That makes me sad to bash the Simpsons, but it had to be done. : (

_Xbox_ Sorry, fans of it, but I must. Doom 3. It would be a good game except for the part where there's no friggin' map! Call me stupid, but I couldn't find my way out of the first level. I don't get how something can be so confusing. Oh, and the flashlight, god the flashlight. What cerebral palsy stricken moron can't weild a pistol and a flashlight at the same time!? I would understand about the Rocket Launcher, but what's wrong with the pistol? *pant, pant*

_Super Nintendo_ Batman. No doubt. It was the worst game ever. Watching that horribly gay, black, leather-suited freak prance about the roof-tops was the most horrible experience of my childhood. It even blocked out that memory of my dad beating the crap out of my mom. J/K But seriously folks, was it just me? The controls... wait, what controls? You dould jump and punch from what I remember. *breaks down and sobs*

_Unfortunately I haven't owned any other consoles, so I can't bash any other games. This make me cry. :' ( The really bad part is that I'm not sure if I'll ever own another game console. With the PS3 looking to go for $400, I'm not gonna be able to buy one! Stupid greedy game companies. >:O

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkslategrey][size=1]Hmmm....

[b]N64:[/b] Superman 64. Horrible game, what's the point? As everyone else has said, its just so horrible, it gave me more nightmares than [i]Jacob's Ladder.[/i] And I nearly wet myself when I watched that movie (I was eight, I think.)

[b]PS1:[/b] Well, I'd have to say, out of what I've ever played, is [i]Armored Core.[/i] It just really didn't grab me, the combat was sort of random, and the customization menu made no sense to me. Oh, and [i]Star Wars: Masters of the Teras Kasai[/i] or whatnot.

[b]PS2:[/b] Well, I'd have to say this is easy. Devil May Cry 2. It was BLAND, Dante seemed like a walking corpse. I choose to pretend it doesn't exist.

More may be added later.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
The crappiest game I ever played probably was a Monopoly game that my dad got me for my birthday. With so many Gameboy games out there, he had to get me a monopoly one?!?! I can't believe that they ever even MADE a stupid Monopoly game for the Gameboy. :animesigh

[QUOTE=The Monster]Oh come on Morpheus, Dynasty Warriors isn't that bad. Point taken that you ar running around slashing at powerful enemies but it is Addictive like hell. Grabted that these are my thoughts on the game but still.
How can something make a game as crapper then Superman 64 and make Said Superman game look like Super Marion 64. Now that you mention It Bubsy the Bobcat 3D would fit that mould. It has been said before by a Moderator but I cannot remember which. It tryed to jump on the Band Wagon of Mario 64, Slipped and Crippled itself for life. Bubsy 3D was not even a Ho-Hum Platformer, It was a *Blows Raspberry in the face of Game owner* Piece of Crap that no one even paid attention to. Its predecsors were crap and, guess what, it didn't break the mould.[/QUOTE]
Dynasty Warriors 5 was on X-Play. They did a review for it. There was a guy named Cao Pi (pronounced cow-pee for those who don't know) and they gave it a 4 out of 5. I'm not sure if Dynasty Warriors was bad, but Dynasty Warriors 5 seemed good.

[color=#4B0082]Merged the double post. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

I loved Digimon World 1, its one of the most underrated games around, but DW 2 was terrible. (Digimon World 3 sucked too, but not near as bad as 2... just way too much leveling up in the later parts!) Both 2 and 3 were traditional turn-based RPGs that dragged on and didn't really have any twists (either in the gameplay or the story) to make them worth anyone's while. In DW2, you ride around in a "tank" (buggy) and move through a bland dungeon made out of colored square tiles over an endless black abyss. The battles don't change the environment either. Did I mention that you can only go up and down and left and right? No diagnol moving in this game. How lazy can you get? The character models in the battles aren't as bad, but they're still nothing special, and they're still standing on ground surrounded by black abyss as far as the eye can see! Like I said, terrible.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Kiowanman21']_PS1_ Spyro. Hands down. All of the game titles were horrible. The story was non-existant and the enemies were pushovers. When I was little, I used to be in love with those Spyro games, but one day I woke up and saw the light. I got my GCN! Not more than a week later I traded in my PS1 for $18, and was on the road to salvation. :D [/quote]
Surely you're kidding. Ripto's Rage was easily one of the best games for PS1. Sure, the story wasn't all that great, but since when did a crummy story really have any effect on the gameplay of an action game?

• 5 months later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I guess I would have to say put of all my 32 PS2 games XD, the only one that I don't really like is that one Inu Yasha RPG... The Legend of the Cursed Mask? Or something with a mask...

Anyways, I like Inu Yasha and all, but that one RPG turned me off because.. well, the graphics kinda bit the dust, the game-play was okay and the plot was, well.... let's say fairly boring. I still haven't sold it yet, thinking that if I play it some more, I'll like it, but... maybe if I look at how much I should sell it for... hmmm... XD

Well, the graphics for the Fullmetal Alchemist games 1 and 2 weren't all that great, thus making some reviews for it sucky, but I totally love the anime and storyline, so I liked it the whole way through.

I don't really care for game reviews that much, but I guess it kinda depends on what you're looking for in games, right?

Kingdom Hearts II is coming to a videogame store near me soon! W00T!!! XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]Heh, you must not have played that many PSX games if you have Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as the worst lol. That game is brilliant, in my opinion...it's actually my favorite game on the PSX.

NES - I didn't really own [i]that[/i] many crappy games for the NES, but Golf was the worst game I owned. I hated that game so much. It wasn't even a matter of me being a crappy gamer when I was a kid, because I play it on Animal Crossing and it still sucks. The controls are evil. Very evil, indeed.

SNES - I have the dubious "honor" of actually owning both Home Alone games. Yes, you may start the laughing right now. Both games are pure garbage, not even worth playing to see how bad they are. The controls were horrible, the gameplay was worse and every time you died (which was often), you were treated to a soundbite of McCauly Culkin screaming. Ugh...I feel ashamed for having even touched both of those games.

PlayStation - Bubsy 3D is just one of those games that just makes you want to kill yourself. The graphics are bright to the point of destroying your corneas, the controls are dyslexic and Bubsy is an annoying character who I would not hesitate to torture and maim if he was a real person/animal/thing. I took me a couple years to regain the IQ points that I lost playing this game.

N64 - I hate Donkey Kong 64. I always have and I always will. Donkey Kong 64 [i]used[/i] to be good...when it was called Banjo-Kazooie. There was just way too much random crap to collect in DK64 and most of the odd-jobs you had to do to get all of those golden bananas were really, really boring. The last boss fight is what saved this game from being a total train wreck, for me. That was pretty fun.

GameCube - Surprisingly, I don't really have any crappy games for my GameCube, other than QB Club 2002, which my dad bought. That whole series just sucks, from the controls to the graphics to just about everything else. Luckily, everything else I have for the GameCube is pretty good.

And I don't own any crappy Game Boy games, since I don't realy have that many in the first place.[/QUOTE]
I happen to like DK64....

Anyway, I don't have crappy games on NES, SNES, but on N64, Gauntlet Legends 2 pretty much stunk up the series.

[quote name='ScirosDarkblade]X-Box - [i]Hunter: the Reckoning[/i']. How do you make multiplayer hack-n-slash completely and demoralizingly boring? Ask the developers of this bowser, they know pretty darn well. I've never had this little fun playing a game for ten minutes. Shame on my cousing for buying it.[/quote]Well the game was kind of crappy but then again I don't usually go for games of the action genre that easily. I never would have normally played (or buyed it) it to begin with... happened to catch it at a friend's house.

H:tR was actually designed for fans of the RPG... I'm a [b]huge[/b] fan of Hunter: the Reckoning the RPG (playing it on "by Night" sites is the best possible crusader-type RPG experience available). Even still I find myself a little sympathetic to White Wolf... they try to hard with video games and typically they are completed misses.

Thankfully they never got around to releasing that Werewolf movie they hyped up a years ago.

That said, for a fan like myself I'd give it a try if it were free and perhaps even buy it if a used copy was around $15-$10, but I'm in a generous mood this morning.

Crappiest game I've played? I've got a few...

P2- Barbey games, Tenchu (oh my god, they can't get any worse than these pointless action games, only die hard fans of the time period and setting need play it), King Aurther, most movie games (Spider-Man was fun though) and Maximus or something (really idiotic).

PC- Wow, a lot... I'll just name a few: Lord of the Rings line is really pointless, Leisure Suit Larry (good for a few laughs but not a great game), Icewind Dale II (once you play good RPGs you'll really shoot yourself for ever liking this slow and boring title), Prince of Persia 3D, Enter the Matrix, etc etc etc the list can go on for hours.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Indigo]I haven't played a whole lot of consoles, so I can really only list one awful game.

For the PS2: Way of the Samurai. Awful graphics, awful controls, and no save points. What in the eff were the creators thinking? All the movements were jerky, the camera angles sucked, and if you died, you couldn't continue back right before the battle you died in, you had to go back to the beginning! I guess it was a good enough idea, being a rogue samurai making your way through Japan, but honestly, I was having such an awful time making the stupid character go where I wanted him to, that I forgot the point of the game. It was like death. It actually made me very very very very angry. :animeangr [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[left][font=Verdana][color=blue]The first game that comes to mind for me would have to be [b]Quest 64[/b] for Nintendo 64.[/color][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][color=blue]This game was absolutely terrible. I'm not even sure why I have it though I believe it may have been a gift. I swear though, I really think it was made in an early version of RPG Maker but very poorly. I had no idea what the point of the game was and the battle system was horrible. The rest of the controls weren't much better either. Honestly, I never left the starting area because I could only play it for about five minutes before I decided to stop.[/color][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][color=blue]At the moment, I can't really think of any other really bad games that I've played, though I'm sure there are more. I'll be sure to stop back in if I think of any I missed.[/color][/font][/left]

The worst game I ever played and im sure everyone would agree would be Superman 64. That game had the worst controls ever. Why was there so much green fog?Why couldnt Superman walk?Why did I get mission failure for no reason? They actually charged $70 bucks for this piece of crap.Thinking of this game makes my head hurt.

[FONT=Arial]I had the misfortune to spend some valuble birthday money on Musashi: Samurai Legend. XO. I hated it. While it may have had a nice storyline or whatever, there were NO SAVE POINTS. I ended up playing the same dang motorcycle thing about five times before deciding to give up all together. I don't remember much about anything else, just that it was boring and repetitive. Luckily, I was able to trade it in with GameStop to get some Soul Calibur III credit.

Another crappy game that I really wanted was RPG Maker 2 for the PS2, and it cost me close to fifty dollars. The event planner was just so complicated that all I ever ended up doing was playing that stupid RPG that came with it. >: ( [/FONT]

gamecube: would be star fox assault because is SO short, I beat it in around 3 hours, disney magical mirror, because its just dumm, and tube slider, the gameplay and the controls are crappy.

GBA:chu chu rocket, this is a puzzle but it sucks, this game is extremly hard to beat. Then there is crazy racers, this is one of the worst racing games ever, it sucks, yu-gi-oh dungeon dice and every other yu-gi-oh game, they just simply suck and last is planet monsters, I got this game for 10 dollars and I got bored of it in around 30 minutes.

nintendo ds: nanostray, this is the hardest game ever, I couln't even get past the first level, and I tried for like half an hour

psp: mercury, this game is super easy and you can beat it in two days. grip shift, GOD, THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVEEEER!!!!, this is the king of all crappy psp games, and last,I know you are gonna think I am crazy but grand theft outo is beleive it or not is a crappy game, first the guy you use runs super slow, secnd the cras go super slow, I mean I got a sports car and it was going at about 30 miles an hour, the third mission is so hard, I mean how are you supposed to lose the cops because I couldn't, and every time you hit someone the goddamm cop goes after you and you can't lose him. Anyway this is beleived or not a crappy game. Thats all there is to it.

[quote name='Grave Yard']The worst game I ever played and im sure everyone would agree would be Superman 64. That game had the worst controls ever. Why was there so much green fog?Why couldnt Superman walk?Why did I get mission failure for no reason? They actually charged $70 bucks for this piece of crap.Thinking of this game makes my head hurt.[/quote][font=Verdana][color=blue]I forgot about that one. Everything you said holds true though. Superman 64 (as well as pretty much every other Superman game) was terrible. I don't think I ever got past the first level because trying to fly through all of those rings in like twenty seconds with terrible controls was near impossible (and too frustrating to be worth trying to accomplish.[/color][/font]

A trick question in my book since the the game I found terrible was all the grand theft auto games. Before anyone attacks me on this hear me out. First off I found controls frustrating and the whole missions annoying to succeed in without pulling out that cheat sheet and laying waste with unlimited ammo. Don't get me wrong again I own GTA: San Andreas and I love it yet find it crappy at the same time with the damn transportation handling and mission difficulty.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Recently I have been cutting out video games from my routine day due to school anc such. However the one game that I just hate beyond death itself would have to be Megaman X Transmission. I never thought that making a game that horrible was even possible. Yet they did find a way. The controls and stuff like that were alright, it was just alot of the gameplay that was really horrible. There were some times when just getting touched by an enemy once took atleast 1/2 of your health and that was only the minor ones! The bosses were just the hardest thing ever. The very first boss I was never able to defeat since he always trapped me in a corner and my life just went poof. I wanted to break the disk into pieces, melt the pieces, put the pieces through a shreader, take the shreaded pieces and shoot them atleast 50 times, take whats left of that and bomb it with a nuke. Thats how much I hated this game.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest darkruler
the worst game i ever played was katamari damashi u would have to be on an acid trip to think that game was fun and i think the king might have been gay so like i said it sucked.

[quote name='darkruler']the worst game i ever played was katamari damashi u would have to be on an acid trip to think that game was fun and i think the king might have been gay so like i said it sucked.[/quote]

It was kida fun but it got repetitve and I can see where your coming from, as far as the acid trip :animestun :D and the gay king. :animeswea

[B]PS2[/B]- Unlimited SaGa, this game was just retarded, even moving in this game was difficult, and it was really confusing. I get mad if anyone even mentions it.

[B]XBOX[/B]- Star Wars-The Cloan Wars, this game has nothing to do with the movie and you play as Mace Windo or whatever. The controls are slugish. And the last boss fight is pretty much impossible.

• 1 year later...
Guest chadmartigan
I will give my worsts and some good non-hyped games people may have missed

NES: Deadly Towers, I don't think there should ever be a debate about this one. Jackal was very fun to play with a friend, Baseball Simulator 1.000, Maniac Mansion, and River City Ransom was awesome

SNES: Wizard of Oz, Michael Jordan/Windy City...complete garbage. Uncharted Waters 2 is still fun today and Earthbound also check out ogre battle

N64: NFL Quarterback Club 01...haha shhh...The Turok titles were worth a play.

Playstation: Have to Go with Sammy Sosa Softball, no point in ever making this one and Apocolypse, I think, voice acting of Bruce Willis funny and so were you when you tried to get a refund. If you missed Suikoden, this one and its successors are worth a look.

Playstation2: Driven...with 4 flats. If you missed out on Shadow of the Colossus, I pity you.

XBox: Havent played them all, but Bruce Lee was pretty damn anti-fun. Psychonauts and Indigo Prophecy are original gaming at its best.

XBox 360: Young system but my least favorite so far is Enchanted Arms, it should have a warning about subject matter and the game is not fun. Prey had a very good atmosphere.

PC: There are many, many bad games on PC, but many arent even trying to be good. Of those that tried, Konung Celtic Kings was pretty bad or you can pick many of the adventure games that are out there that suck. In defense of adventure games, try Syberia or The Longest Journey or even Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None for value bin entertainment. Also, for offbeat FPS action try the Noone Lives Forever Series.

I can't believe people are hating on Final Fantasy Tactics. I never liked any Final Fantasy game after the original on NES, but I played tactics forver and still have it. I think I'll go play it some more out of spite! And how can you say Halo 2 sucks? I personally enjoyed part 1 much more, but it is still a good game and thats coming from a PS2 junkie (til I got my 360)

[COLOR=DarkOrange]*back-slaps my old profile* I cannot forgive what I said about [B]Xenosaga[/B]!

Anywho, some godawful games, sidestepping the obvious such as movie games and plain old bad games.

[B]Evolution Words[/B] for the [B]Gamecube [/B] is the worst RPG ever ceated. The voice-acting sticks in the mind as absolutely horrendous -- i can't remember what is is, but there was one cheesy line my brother and I used to spew all the time from this. I remember being urious because at the time, the only games I wanted were this and Phantasy Star Universe. I had 50 bucks and I bought this cuz I was impatian nad couldn't find PSO. This game ended up sucking hard, and the clincher was that about 3 weeks later it had already been marked down to 20 bucks.

As for why the game sucks - it just does. The dungeons are your basic multi-layered labyrinths full of monsters that you fight your way to the top of. It's not unlike Dark Cloud or .hack in that sense, except those two weren't turn-based.

there was absolutely nothing to make EW stand out. It had basic movesets, basic, cliche characters, and the battles were straight-up boring. The story wasn't helping either because it was so increadibly uninteresting that I ended up skipping cutscenes. I will always remember this as one of the weakest games I ever played - eventually I ended up selling it.

Also, stay away from [B]Bayblade [/B] on the [B]PSX [/B] XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Gray]I'm gonna get some flack for this, but...

[b]Tales of Symphonia[/b] is probably the worst big-name game I've ever played. The story was terrible and generic. The characters were generic. The settings were pretty generic aswell. The voice acting and dialog was rediculous and horrible. The cut-scenes, without fail, managed to be both amatureish and painful. The only thing about the game that was fun was the free combat system, but even that wasn't enough to make up for the gaping holes in the games production values and voice-acting.

Now, I realize that the Gamecube isn't the graphical powerhouse that the PS2 or the XBOX were; but come on. The cut-scenes were just atrocious! The graphics were HORRIBLE; as Simon would say, absolutely dreadful. I was practically rolling on the floor every time a character spoke; actually, any time Zelos appeared on screen I cringed. Some of the exchanges between him and Sheena were terrible. The game told a horrible story horribly.

And let's not forget the wonderful plot twist... [spoiler]!!!!!KRATOS IS LOYD'S DAD!!!!! [/spoiler]Wow, like no one saw the coming... at all... ever...

On top of all that, easiest last boss of all time, bar none. Terrible game; why the hell did it get such high scores? The Gamecube is not a good graphics system, if an RPG is going to be worth playing it'll be because of the story, and it couldn't even pull that off.[/COLOR][INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]Regardless of whether or not you think people saw it coming, spoiler tags are required. And you've been here long enough to know better than to post spoilers without the tags. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]