OtakuBoards

Wolf's Rain

Dagger

Well, I must say. Even I had shed some tears last night after watching last night's episode.

[spoiler]I have to hand it to them, that was a great death scene. Not like im saying death is great, but it was so beautifully crafted, it really touched me. Just the fact that in the split second the ice cracked beneath the jeep...all the sound was cut off except for maybe the ice cracking. It really sent a chill down my spine almost. Then you just see Hub (Hubb? Hueb? Whatever...you know who im refering to) just stop, like he knew what had just happened, but slowly turning around, with that look of "Please, oh god please don't tell me..." and then you watch the jeep plumment to the bottom of the glacier. Sad moment, but definitely a great scene. Especially when you see Hub finally letting her go.[/spoiler]

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Iamcrazyfangirl
Okay I caught last night's episode and bawled my eyes out when [spoiler]Cher dies[/spoiler] and I also found out alot more.[spoiler] Toboe and Quent are going to be shot by Darcia, Hubb's going to fall off a cliff, And Darcia will also take Tsume, Hige, and Blue's lives. But don't worry Toboe, Tsume, and Hige fans, they'll be back in Paradise I hear. If you are a Blue fan, I'm sad to say I have no evidence of whether or not she is reborn in paradise.[/spoiler] :bawl: WHYYYYYYYY?!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfs Rain is one of the best anime that I watch, that is if not the greatest, lol. I love the story line, how they do little historys about the characters, its great. The episode this past saturday was soo sad! :( And it was soo cute too! ;) With Blue and Hegay :love: (sorry if I spelt it wrong), then Clar and the other guy :love: (srry havn't learned his name, the Blue and "Pops" :) . I also injoy the action, even if theres some blood, :rolleyes: lol. Wolfs rain is probly #2 on my anime list, only to Inuyasha :love: . Ok SEE YA! :D

Wolf's rain is definitely one of the best anime I've ever seen. But it's very depressing. Especially right now for the episodes they've shown recently on Adult Swim. The only other anime that made me cry was a movie called "Grave of the Fireflies." I did kind of expect it to be sad because of the name of the show. It is a great anime! But still, very sad.

[quote name='Keoki']uh hi everybody!!! im kinda new (like you cant tell all ready) but uh, what the hells goin on here??? im lost and confused.....[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to OtakuBoards, Keoki. Try not to post questions like this in unrelated threads, heh- it counts as spam. If there's something you're unsure of have a look through the FAQ and Rules pages in the blue menu to the left, and if there's something that you're still not sure of you're welcome to PM a Moderator about it. But you'd need to be more specific about what it is you want help with ^_~.[/COLOR]

I am starting to like Wolf's Rain more at first I didn't like the idea of the show but after watching it for a while I can't get enough of it it some of the things in it just make you so sad I really liked Pops and Hubb it wasn't right.

Saturdays episode made me feel kinda sad really with what happened to Toboe and Quent and Hubb. Out of all the Characters I like Hige best he's kinda cool in a layed back sort of way.

Guest Obession
[color=darkred]Honestly, why did they have to [spoiler][/color]kill off the few people with brains on this show? Sure, Toboe was a runt, but, hell, the kid had hell of a lot of guts for a squirt[/spoiler]. And even, [spoiler]Quent[/spoiler], he was a pain-in-the-arse, but even so, he had his brownie-points[color=darkred]. [/color]
[color=#8b0000][/color]
[color=#8b0000][COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added spoiler tags. Please be careful what you could be revealing- not everyone's seen the series yet (myself included >.>) -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][/color]

I dislike Wolf's Rain for the following collection reasons:

1. Although the plot had lots of potential, the series doesn't go anywhere. No progress is made towards any goals any goals and the characters hardly develop at all. This is particulary unforgiving in a 26 episode series with a pretty straightforward plot, since the 26-ep trend pretty much started because longer series didn't seem make much plot progress until around the very end.
2. I just couldn't care for the characters. With other series of higher quality, you get to know about the characters backgrounds and see them change and grow and thus you can sympathize with them. This doesn't happen with the cast of WR, and in result they come off as flat and unlikable.
3. The pacing. Some series like Gundam or .HACK// have uneven pacing but that's OK because you can get some plot or character development or something to think about or keep you entertained during the slow moments and it all pays off in the end. WR has no real substance and without real substance, the slow momments are dull instead of deep and there is no payoff.
4. A terrible ending. I've faced terrible endings in the past, heck, I loved Evangelion and Samurai Jack (two shows with bad endings), but without a strong build-up and the fact that not even the OAV concludes it, WR's bad ending just adds to the list of problems.

It's a shame such beautiful potential, music, and animation get wasted on such a dull series.

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]I dislike Wolf's Rain for the following collection reasons:

1. Although the plot had lots of potential, the series doesn't go anywhere. No progress is made towards any goals any goals and the characters hardly develop at all. This is particulary unforgiving in a 26 episode series with a pretty straightforward plot, since the 26-ep trend pretty much started because longer series didn't seem make much plot progress until around the very end.[/QUOTE]
Ummm even though i didn't think Wolf's Rain was the "best" anime out there it was still pretty good. Plus from what your tellin me you still havent even seen all the episodes since theres 30 in total. Even thought there are around 4 filler episodes in a row, they anime is still pretty good plot wise and with the final episode being shown today maybe it will end in a great way.

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']Even thought there are around 4 filler episodes in a row, they anime is still pretty good plot wise and with the final episode being shown today maybe it will end in a great way.[/quote] Yeah, tonights episode will be the best of them all

[spoiler] Everyone has died, except kiba and cheza, and as Darcia tries to get into Paradise it rejects him and shredds him to pieces. The only thing left is his wolf's eye. Paradise really does open and everyone comes back, I think.[/spoiler]:D

I was sort of bummed that they didn't air the 4 episodes that recapped, but I guess it was to save time. This entire series has been great. For a while there at the beginning it was moving kind of slow, but it picked up pace pretty fast.
I still want to find the Boxed package thing with the plush Kiba in it. Plus I want the extras on the dvd.

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']Ummm even though i didn't think Wolf's Rain was the "best" anime out there it was still pretty good. Plus from what your tellin me you still havent even seen all the episodes since theres 30 in total. Even thought there are around 4 filler episodes in a row, they anime is still pretty good plot wise and with the final episode being shown today maybe it will end in a great way.[/quote]

Episodes 27-30 were the OAV.

[quote name='Otaku Princess']Yeah, tonights episode will be the best of them all[/quote] I feel the NEED to argue with myself now! Auugggg! Ok, I was wrong. This ending was so anticlimactic that I lietrally fell off of my couch when it ended. I was EXTREMELY dissapointed with it. OOOooooooOoOoOoOoOo.... I am sad now... and cold. *sniff* Not cool. [spoiler] I could not believe that Cheza died like that. Everyone was killed my Darcia, including himself. I loved when paradise rejected him and just left whe wolfs' eye, though. I HATED that the world was reborn just as it was, a craphole! And the boys didn't get back together. Hubb, Cher, Quient, and Blue were nowhere to be seen either.[/spoiler] It just chapps my hide.

I didn't really wanna comment on this anime until it ended....and tonight it ended. The first couple episodes got me interested,but everntually they were going nowhere and I stayed on to see how it would end. The end was reminiscent of X in a way, I am definately disappointed. The ending doesn't feel like it does justice to this anime, it feels like .hack's latest anime's ending, Witch Hunter Rovin's ending and Big O's second season ending during it's second run (When they didn't show the credits). They feel like there should be more to it than what was shown, the lack of closure is murder sometimes.

Wolf's Rain is great and I have the same complaints I hear a lot of people say, there wasn't much character development. Toboe grew up a little, Hege was less lost, Tsume's cold heart warmed up, and Kiba didn't really change much. The thing that interested me about this anime was the supporting characters. Hubb's journey to find Cher and his ignorance of what was around him was interesting. The relationship between Blue and Quint also interested me. When Hubb and Cher reunited I was happy and when Blue and Quint reunited I shed a tear. That general guy was pretty cool as well, they didn't really show what happened to him, but anyone could guess.

Last comment: The music was incredible in this anime,I think that's one of the things that kept me interested.

The ending ticked me off [spoiler]now the same thing is going to happen all over again like it has been happening for Centuries Kiba has to recruit a pack them members help him make it to paradise and he remakes Earth again my guess is that has been happening for centuries since Wolfs can live for Ages.

I think Blue, Hubb, and Cher may be in Paradise I mean they showed Hige, Toboe, Quent and Kiba all in the same city, but not knowing anything I think they memories are erased and after a certain amount of Years Earth will once again be on the brink of Destruction and somehow the 4 of the them will meet again to reach Paradise once again.[/spoiler]

[color=#503f86][size=1][b]It would be appreciated if you could spoiler tag things, even if it's for discussion of opinions on where the characters might have ended up. I am personally interested in seeing the series and I know I'll enjoy it far more when I don't know what's going to happen- I'm sure others would appreciate it, too. -Solo[/size][/color][/b]

Ah, the ending. I've been waiting...how long for this?

Anyways, this is what I thought of it: [spoiler]For one, it was really in a sense...beautiful. Well the whole series is really great, i've said that so many times already but I mean this ending sort of reminded me of the way NGE ended. Now granted, I did not understand the last part. I admit it that I didn't get it, and im not going to even try and come up with some crazy idea of what happened...lol.

Considering I've watched the series since the very beginning, that's quite amazing. Now I remember being surprised when they first killed ofToboe, but as soon as everyone else started perishing...I became confused. Very confused...

Then last night's episode, everyone died. Everyone basically. The world practically ended, then restarted. BUT: As to why you don't get to see Cher, Hub, or even "Pops" in the last part, the artist could have just left them out...or maybe there actually is a reason? o_O all these conspiracy theories entering my mind!!! =)

Anyways, I thought that Darcia was really, [i]really[/i], a menancing antigonist. There was just really something...for lack of a better word...(Insert F word here)'ed up about him. Something really twisted and evil that really made me like him as a villain. Heh, It was just really great though watching him and Kiba go at it, explaining the whole synopsis of everything at the same time. I was satisfied with the ending. I knew from the beginning (Not from spoilers or anything, just general assumption) that the ending was going to be not only a real twist, but more so on a psychological level as well.[/spoiler]

Maybe im just looking into it too deeply. It probably has no deeper meaning...what the hell was I thinking? :D

Just my thoughts on it.

[quote name='Otaku Princess']I feel the NEED to argue with myself now! Auugggg! Ok, I was wrong. This ending was so anticlimactic that I lietrally fell off of my couch when it ended. [/quote][color=DarkOrchid] AGAIN, I must argue with myself.:o After much talk on the [adultswim] boards, I have come to love the ending more. I truely was great, after some thought. I leaves you at a point where you could pop in the Vol 1. VHS/DVD and the series would kind of flow that way naturally. It's just a vicious cycle. [spoiler]Kiba can't remember everything, but he feels something calling him... this the running at the end.[/spoiler] Plus the song Gravity fits perfectly, "something is pulling, I feel the gravity of it all", I just love it.:love:[/color]

[quote name='Vigaku']Umm, hello, I want to ask, what is Wolf's Rain about, I seem to have missed the first few episodes.[/quote] [color=DarkOrchid]Lesse. [spoiler]This wolf (kiba) feels he is being pulled by something to find the MoonFlower. In his search in a single city, he begins to meet up with wolves (tsume,Hige, Toboe[who is following Tsume]... they come in contact with blue but don't know she's half wolf) Kiba is captured by a group (i forget which) and comes in contact with Cher and Hubb AND Quient. Hige frees him, and they all start to search. Tsume, i think, I THINK, begrudgingly follows them, complaining all the way. They find/smell Cheza but she is kiddnapped my Darcia before they can gett o her (i think, He may have taken her from them...) [/spoiler][/color][color=DarkOrchid] and thats it... I think.(?)[/color]
[color=DarkOrchid] Its about the wolves searching for Paradise (Tsume believes in no such thing) and the many things that hinder them along their way... Jagara, Darcia,... humans in general.

p.s. your posts MAY need to be longer in the future... if you saw any of it (like the ending) you could talk about that.[/color]

The ending was ok... I just think they should pf added some extra stuff like after the credits it shows [spoiler]Darcia dead and all the wolves walking toward paradise. That would of been so cool. Basicaly when you say them in the city at the end it was many, many centuries later after they all died and were then reborn only to begin there quest once again. This will keep on happening until they finally succeed. For those people who think that when it showed them in a city they were in paradise your wrong. Your wrong because you could see people in the back ground when only wolves are aloud to dwell in paradise.[/spoiler]

Well thats all...

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added spoiler tags. [i]Please[/i] be mindful when talking about the endings of shows which other people (like myself) haven't seen yet. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Here's my view of what I think happened.
[spoiler]After Darcia was rejected and killed by Paradise it left only his wolf eye. They showed Cheza and Kiba's blood mixing together not really sure if that was supposed to mean anything but after Cheza exploded into the seeds. They showed Kiba lying in the snow and as the world was being reborn the ice melted and he fell into the water and died. After the world is fully restored they showed Darcia's wolf eye in the water with something that looked like poison coming off of it this symbolizes corruption and evil in the New World. When they show the city and everyone going on like a normal day they show the main wolf character's but did anyone notice that Tsumi was riding a bike a wolf can't drive or ride a bike I believe they came back as human?s[/spoiler]

But hey that's just what I think. Why they gotta put such a strain on our brains is anyone?s guess.

• 1 month later...
Guest Hiei's_lil_girl
:bawl: [color=blue][b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Does anyone else hate the ending two episodes to "Wolf's Rain"? I thought it was very sad and it even made me cry. It is very hard to make me cry, because I never cried at the ends of "Old Yeller", "Where the Red Fern Grows", or even "My Dog, Skip". [spoiler]That just made me sad when they all died. Poor Kiba, all alone, no friends, no Paradise, not even any happy memories. Does anyone else think they should change it to a happier ending, like they [i]all[/i] make it to Paradise, even Cheza and Blue? And that Kiba should see his family again? If you have an opinion on my post, I would like to read it.[/spoiler][/font][/b][/color] :bawl:

[color=#503f86][size=1][b]Added [spoiler] tags. Please be aware of what you could be revealing to people who've not yet seen the series yet. [/b][/size][/color]
[color=#503f86][size=1][/size][/color]
[color=#503f86][size=1][b]Also, please check for existing threads before starting a new topic, either by running a search of the forum or by looking through the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208]Official Threads Directory[/URL] -Solo[/size][/color][/b]

Guest KibaLover
I cryed so hard at the end....i couldnt believe that happend....oh my god....

[spoiler]I WANTED TO SAVE KIBA SO MUCH! it hurt so much to see him go down the way he did...i cryed 3 hours after it ended...[/spoiler]