OtakuBoards

Three Favorite Movies

ChibiHorsewoman

Guest MoonShadowWolf
My three favorite movies are:

1) [B]Pirates of the Caribbean[/B] - Johnny Depp played a great pirate and made it interesting to watch ^_~

2) [B]Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers[/B] - I enjoyed The Two Towers more than I did the other two LOTR movies.

3) [B]Edward Scissorhands[/B] - This movie was just awesome

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[B]Little Monsters[/B]- This movie is just so funny and unique (well, at least I think so) Even though it is starring Fred Savage hehe.

[B]The Goonies[/B]- Every one loves the Goonies. I am obsessed. It always makes me laugh. Everyone is so cute.

[B]Stand By Me[/B]- Funny and cute, and the kids are just like kids today, which I thought was suprising. But yeah, good characters.

Yeah, those are all movies from the 80's, but most movies now days suck.

• 6 months later...
Hmmm...

Oh Yeah!

1. InuYasha The Movie 2: Castle Beyond The Looking Glass. I like This movie mostly because (warning, movie spoiler ahead!) InuYasha and Kagome kiss! I'm into romance movies. And this one also had cool action!

2. Lessee, umm... Pokemon The Movie 1! I hate pokemon because I hate Ash, but I like Pikachu and the actual POKEMON! I watched it for Pikachu's Vacation and The part with mewtwo, I forgot whats its called.

3. All Dogs Go To Heaven!!!!!! YEAH!!! I think this movie is stupidly halarious!! I've seen it a hundred times and I still laugh hard!!

Ooh, let's see here:

[B]The Boondock Saints[/B]
Awesome movie. Two Irish brothers pretty much receive divine permission to eliminate evil men - with dual M9 Berettas.

[B]Big Trouble in Little China[/B]
Great movie with great action and humor. Kurt Russell fighting ancient Chinese demon lords with magic spells and monsters. I love this movie.

[B]Young and the Dangerous (Movie Series)[/B]
Set in Hong Kong depicting childhood friends as they rise in the ranks of the Triad gang, Hung Hing. There are, I think, 6 movies, with a prequel and also a side movie about Chicken, one of the main Hung Hing boys. My girlfriend showed me the movies, telling me I'd like it, and sure enough I did.

Ok, my favorite 3 movies are.

[list=1]
[*]Enter the Dragon
I selected Enter the Dragon for my number one choice because of the man who stars in it....hmm...whats his name? Oh yeah, BRUCE LEE! The man was simply amazing. He showed what the human body could do (he also showed how well toned the human body can be) He was a living legend. Also, Enter the Dragon was an AWESOME movie. A certified classic. :D

[*]Pulp Fiction
I love movies by Quentin Tarintino. His wacky/ 70s style in his movies, make them that more interesting or funny. John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson really played their roles well in this movie.

[*]Boyz N The Hood
This movie is a 90s classic. It showed what really happened in L.A. during the 90s. It also showed the cultural division and struggle. A very good movie.
[/list]

I like a lot of of stuff for no reason... like the first one... (Don't be like "why that movie?")

[b]The Hole:[/b] Basically, this girl wants this guy at her school to like him, so she locks herself, the guy, and two of their friends in an abandoned bunker in the woods for three days (voluntarily, of course). [spoiler]She ends up being the only one that leaves the bunker, after like a week and fabricates a story for the police.[/spoiler] It's really weird, and it's really cool.

[b]Tangled:[/b] This guy likes this girl, they're best friends, but they're not dating. The girl falls in love with this other guy who the movie kinda pushes as the villian. He tells this story of how There was a good guy and a bad guy both after the same thing... something really weird like that. [spoiler]After he says it, certain things start coming true and he starts looking like the villian of the story, but the 'mentally unstable' one is really the main character.[/spoiler] I'm not good at explaining this kind of stuff. Go see it, it has my recommendation.

[b]Godsend/Hide and Seek[/b]: Yep, tied for third place are my two favorite horror/suspense movies. THey're both about evil little kids, but they're not what they seem. ^_^ Fun stuff. If you've seen one but not the other, you should see the one you didn't see... :blah:

hmmm, well here are three favorites that I can think of at the moment. But there's so many other than this, and they're in no particular order:

[B]Snatch:[/B] I LOVE this movie. Apparently no one else does though, or have heard of it. That's sad since it's a really entertaining film. Also a bit odd, since Brad Pitt's in it. You'd think people would of at least [I]heard [/I]of it if Pitt's involved. It's sort of a couple little stories that blend into each other. Unlisenced boxing, a diamond heist, searching for said diamond after it's lost...etc It's really entertaining! Sometimes I have to turn on the subtitles because of the english is barely comprehensible at some points. The movie seems to understand that though as one of it's many great lines is as follows:

"Do me a favor, Tony, speak English. I thought this country spawned the ------- language, and so far nobody seems to speak it. "

I recommend that movie so much.

[B]Anchorman:[/B] I found this movie so much funnier than Old School or any movies like that. It's just so quotable! and it's the type of movie that you can watch multiple times and not get bored.

[B]Mr. Deeds Goes To Town:[/B] Not the bland Adam Sandler remake, but rather, the original film starring Gary Cooper. I've loved this movie ever since I saw it several years ago. It's just so incredibly sweet. It's about a man living in a small town who inherits a very large fortune and comes to New York City to live in the mansion left to him, and tend to the business he's now part of. But then you have all these people trying to corrupt or take advantage of him. It's a [I]really [/I]nice movie, and it's great for all ages.. ^_^

[B]Die Hard[/B]- The classic "kill all the terrorists in the huge skyscraper that isn't even built yet movie". This was the first good action movie I saw, so it has a special place in my heart, and Bruce Willis is just so darn cool in that. Oh and you can't forget Yippie-Ki-Ay Mother *******.

[B]Tha Matrix[/B]- Yes I know the sequels sucked, Yes I know Keanu Reeves can't act, And yes I know this movie tried to act smarter then it actually was. This movie has created more influence in our culture then any other movie. Great fight scenes, special effects, and an interesting story. This showed some progress towards making anime live-action.

[B]Spaceballs[/B]- Come on, this movie is just classic. Everything is so funny and original. This is just the king of Spoofs.

[B]1) Pirates of the Caribbean[/B] -- God I love Johnny Depp! He's so frick'n funny! (Plus he's one of the few males who looks good in eyeliner :animenose )

[B]2) Ladder 49[/B] -- This movie has everything: humor, romance, suspense... I just love when the goose leaps out of his locker ^^

[B]3) Titan AE[/B] -- I mostly love this movie because of the music. It has a GREAT soundtrack. I couldn't care less that Matt Damon and Drew Barrymore are in it though -_-

1) [b]The Boondock Saints[/b]: I'm very pleased to see that someone else chose this movie as well, haha. It's definitely my favorite of all time, even based merely on the fact that I've seen it at least 30 times and seem to enjoy it even more with each one. On the surface, it's simply a bad*ss flick about two Irish brothers who just kick *** in amazing gun scenes. But it's so much more than that, as well, touching on subjects that we have all thought about at one point in time, such as the morality in killing for good. I don't want to say too much more in fear of giving things away, because if you haven't seen it, you definitely need to, but I will say that it really has the best of many genres, except perhaps for a corny love story interwoven. :p However, it isn't intended for younger audiences, as it holds much cursing, blood, and violence. Enjoy. :)

2) [b]The Matrix[/b]: The original movie had been my favorite for years without question before I finally settled on Boondock Saints, but this one still holds a place in my heart. Though I haven't seen it in a while, a little reminding and I think I would once again be able to watch the entire movie in my head (some people might call that obsessive, but.. yeah..). It's just a great movie with an awesome story line, and ultimately a classic that most of you have probably already seen, but if you haven't.. where have you been? o_o

3) [b]Seven Samurai[/b]: Now this movie [i]is[/i] a classic that was made in 1954 and, as you might have guessed, explores life in fetile Japan, done through a beautiful story of seven samurai acting as bodyguards for a village. Watch this movie, you won't be dissapointed. Might be a little tired, though; it clocks in at over 200 [strike]hours[/strike] minutes.

As for honorable mentions, with my top ten choices in mind.. Star Wars original trilogy, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Fight Club, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, Snatch, and Donnie Darko.

Wah this is hard, I'll try to pick my favorites but I love a lot of movies...

[B]1. The Nightmare Before Christmas[/B]- Ok, how can I not love this movie? I watched it constantly when I was little and have ever since. It has wonderful songs (Danny Elfman is amazing), the stop motion animation is wonderful and very fluid, the story is darkly funny...it was just incredible and still is.

[B]2. Shaun of the Dead[/B]- I know not a lot of people liked this movie but I loved it. It was dramatic, morbid and funny. The acting was awesome and I must admit I have a bit of a love for British humor. It's one of few, ok it's the only zombie movie I can stand. It was just so funny and yes it was also a commentary on how humans are in fact zombies...but that just made it better ^^

[B]3. Jaws[/B]- Am I odd for putting this on here? Probably. I watched it when I was three and it scared me enough that I refused to go into the water alone for many months. I love movies like this though...it had a few funny moments but it was generally a pretty scary film. It was also easy to get into, the shark hunt was enthralling. Plus the ending...beautiful.

I don't know, the last pick was hard but I love B-movies and Sci-fi...jaws isn't really a B-movie but nowadays...well ok it's better than nearly all of the Sci-fi channel's movies.

Runners-up: Spaceballs, Naked Gun series, Star Wars first trilogy, Sleepy Hollow, Ed Wood, Lake Placid, Pirates of the Carribean, The Incredibles, Beetlejuice and Mulan

[font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]For some reason, I can't remember all of my favorite movies, but I can list three anyway. Just let me think a while.

High Anxiety - It was just REALLY funny. I watched it with my dad, and he was snickering, so when my dad laughs, I laugh. But it really was comedic. There's one scene where the camera is zooming in from outside, at the cast eating dinner behind a great glass door...closer...closer...BAM! The door shatters! The cast looks over at it, then goes back to the movie. "Lolzasaurus."

Annie - Yes, I'm in LOVE with Annie. I want to be Mrs. Hannigan in a production, really badly. I haven't seen the broadway version, but I want to. The Annie DVD is the closest thing I'll get to that as of now. I just love broadway in general, so there's no reason for me to not like Annie. If Into the Woods counted as a movie, it would probably be number one on my list (and there's not even a specific order!).

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - I'dunno. I guess the storyline was interesting or something, because one day, I watched it six times in a row. I know not many people like it because it's not true to the comic, but that's just the way I am. I take pride in liking things other's don't. Mynah. And besides, Mina and Dorian were cool. Blahaha.

OMGOTH. I have to go to SCHOOL now. Graah![/font][/color][/size]

My three favorite movies are:

The Princess Bride: I just love Indigo, he never gives up to avenge his father's death, even when they stab him more than 5 times.

Kill Bill: Love the fighting scenes and the styles. Plus, is just so cool watching the nonrealistic effects it adds humor to the movie

The Nightmare Before Christmas: I love Jack!!!, I even named my rabbit after him. The storyline is cool, and I'm a big fan of Tim Burton.

[SIZE=1]I've already given a few here, so why not add a we more.

[b]1] The Last Samurai:[/b] What can I say, this is very possibly Tom Cruise's best film, alright so it's not factually or historically accurate but really how many people who watch the film and enjoy it are really going to nit-pick that. The score to the film was something that really stuck out at me, it was just so moving and just perfectly set the tone throughout the film. Though Tom played his part admirably, my personal favourite cast member was Ken Watanabe as Katsumoto as he just had that whole "wise, brave, noble warrior" effect. A magnificent film, worth the watch even for Billy Connelly claiming he's Irish.

[b]2] Batman Begins:[/b] This is the film that every Batman fan has been waiting to see, we've lived through Arnie and his horrific Mr Freeze as well as several other high profile but terrible castings and come out stronger for it. Having seen the other "attempts" and I use the word loosely to make a Batman film Chris Nolan succeeds where everyone else fails, the film is excellent, the cast is superb and there's very few flaws to the film, though I think the Batmobile was taken slightly out of proportion, still it was very cool. The Batman film we've wanted for so long.

[b]3] Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith[/b] Alright so the New Trilogy wasn't what we all hoped for, the dialogue was at times horrifically bad, and there was Jar-Jar, but the lightsaber fights were really something to watch. Episode III makes it here for several reasons, the space battle at the beginning when easily outdoes anything in the Old Trilogy, we get to see Darth Sidious use a lightsaber not once but twice and he proves exactly why he is Dark Lord of the Sith. We get to watch Yoda fight as well all knew he could after Episode II, and let's not forget that utterly unforgettable lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. And after all that we get see the most brilliant bad guy ever make his official entrance, by which I refer to the "birth" of Darth Vader.[/SIZE]

1. star wars:rotj
2. grosse point blank
3. back to the future

also you should check out batman beyond return of the joker: directors cut, fantastic four(bootleg you can get it on ebay), and Jla: unaired pilot episode (also bootleg from ebay)