Dragon Warrior

Do you like Star Wars??  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

[color=deeppink]mmm...::chews thoughtfully on authentic Mackinac Island fudge:: Food...in the Star Wars universe, wouldn't their stomachs be in constant turmoil from the changing ethnic foods from planet to planet? HOW do they DO it?[/color]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=royalblue]Heheh.

Did you hear (you probably did) that George Lucas is "redeveloping" the first three movies, after Episode III is launched?

Apparently they've been spending the last few months shooting all-new replacement scenes and working on majorly-upgraded effects...

That sounds really awesome.

I also saw an interview with Lucas where he said that Star Wars should actually have [i]9 movies[/i] to tell its full story, rather than six.

But then he said something about being too old to make them all or something...lol...or that he wanted to make other movies apart from Star Wars, and doesn't have the time to make 'em all.[/color]

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Heheh.

Did you hear (you probably did) that George Lucas is "redeveloping" the first three movies, after Episode III is launched?

Apparently they've been spending the last few months shooting all-new replacement scenes and working on majorly-upgraded effects...

That sounds really awesome.

I also saw an interview with Lucas where he said that Star Wars should actually have [i]9 movies[/i] to tell its full story, rather than six.

But then he said something about being too old to make them all or something...lol...or that he wanted to make other movies apart from Star Wars, and doesn't have the time to make 'em all.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Great. If it's true that means i'm gonna have to buy another 40 dollar "special special edition". poop. O well. I also read on the site that George said originally that he may need 9 movies, but then after thinking about it, he decided that he only needed 6. But he could have changed his mind.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red]][b]ok, i got a 3 question quiz. There are 7 forms of lightsaber fighting, forms I-VII.

1. Which form does Obi-Wan focus on after Qui-Gon died?
2. Which form does Anakin use and why?
3. Which form does Count Dooku use?

all the answers to these are in the episode II visual dictionary.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

1. :huh:
2. :huh:
3. 2

And James I think that the purpose of the clone war was to break away from the republic. Correct me if I am wrong.

[color=royalblue]But I'm just wondering, are the clones the group who are fighting against the Republic? Or are they in support of the Republic?

And who actually picks the fight with the Republic? I mean I guess that will all be self-evident when I see the movie, but based on what I know now...I'm still unclear about that.

Also, I wanted to ask...you guys talk about Star Wars novels and stuff all the time, but do these novels actually have anything to do with George Lucas? I mean, do they get his approval?

I always thought they were mostly spin-offs which may or may not need to bare relevance to the movies...[/color]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Well, I could tell you about the Clones but BabyGirl might consider them spoilers and eat me. -_- and about the books, they have nothing to do with George Lucas. What happens in the books might or might not be what George Lucas thinks happens after RotJ. They just use the movies as a base line.[/b][/color]

[B][color=red][b]Well, I could tell you about the Clones but BabyGirl might consider them spoilers and eat me. -_- and about the books, they have nothing to do with George Lucas. What happens in the books might or might not be what George Lucas thinks happens after RotJ. They just use the movies as a base line.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Ahh, so when I go on Star Wars.com for example...and I see all of these different races/planets that I never knew of... are [i]they[/i] approved of by LucasFilm?

The reason I ask is because I wonder, if these books aren't approved officially...then perhaps they don't have all that much to do with the "real" story.[/color]

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]The clones are fightning for the republic, [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][b]Yes, at first. But after the Republic....o no. I won't say. If u wanna know PM me. (I'm afraid of saying anything that might be considered a spioler. I'm afraid of what BabyGirl might do. :nervous: )[/b][/color]

WOW, I leave for a little over 24 hours and this thread gets two new PAGES! I wish I didnt have to go to school so I could sit and post on the boards all day :) .

Well, I know some more of those lightsaber fighting forms.

I think that Obi-Wan uses style three and Anikan uses style four(or three)

I am not sure about those, they sounded right to me, all I remember from the book was that Mace Windu uses Style(or form) seven, which is similar to sith fighting styles :devil:

I havent seen the trailers, they dont intrest me very much. I think I will wait untill the movie comes out.

I could tell you (James) the plot but BabyGirl might eat me as well.......

[color=royalblue]Heh, nah it's okay. Maybe I have an advantage with SWII, in the sense that I don't know what it's about as such...so maybe I can enjoy it a little more because of that. lol[/color]

Yeah, I read the book of epsoide two, so I spoiled the movie for myself in a way. But there is something amazing about seeing it on that giant screen......

The last time I saw A star Wars movie in the Movie theaters was when Return of the Jedi (special edition) was in a local theater.

I saw epsoide one on video after I heard that it wasnt all it was cracked up to be, it dissapointed me greatly. But after reading the book for Epsoide 2, I cant wait!

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I saw episode I 20 times in theaters.....i thought it was ok except for Jar Jar. I don't care what people say, I will always see a SW movie when it's in theaters, whether they say it sucks or not. And as to my questions, u got them right. Obi-Wan uses style III and Anakin studies style IV. But you still havn't answered [i]why[/i] Anakin studies style IV.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Heh, nah it's okay. Maybe I have an advantage with SWII, in the sense that I don't know what it's about as such...so maybe I can enjoy it a little more because of that. lol[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Someone understands me! :beer: Heh, I DO bite if someone posts spoilers...or the plot...or anything mentioned about Episode II that is not mentioned in the media! Hehehe...oh...I can't resist...
[size=3]Spoiler free 'till Episode III![/size]

James: As for the books and characters, yes, those are approved by Mr. Lucas. Remember Coruscant from Episode I? That planet originated from the novels, just as an example. Lucas has to make sure that the novels don't spoil his long-term plans for the movies.

Especially if he plans on doing VII-IX. (Which I hope he does!) With Luke and Mara and all of that stuff that happens...ugh...those books were semi-boring.

If they DID make Episodes VII-IX, what books would you guys want to see them made from? Or none of the books at all? I think the year immediately following RotJ would be cool, then the Rogue Squadron/Thrawn era (which were sort of far apart, but who cares), then end it all with the Luke/Mara thing...(which still manages to gross me out! [/color]:twitch:

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Well, I [i]hated[/i] The Truce at Bakura. They shall [i]never[/i] make that into a movie. I would like to see Rogue Squadron/Thrawn era movies. And how did Coruscant originate in the books? It was mentioned and/or shown in Episodes IV-VI, before the books were made.

Now, which book out of ALL of the Star Wars books do you people think is the best? I'm looking for a good SW book.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Someone understands me! :beer: Heh, I DO bite if someone posts spoilers...or the plot...or anything mentioned about Episode II that is not mentioned in the media! Hehehe...oh...I can't resist...
[size=3]Spoiler free 'till Episode III![/size]

James: As for the books and characters, yes, those are approved by Mr. Lucas. Remember Coruscant from Episode I? That planet originated from the novels, just as an example. Lucas has to make sure that the novels don't spoil his long-term plans for the movies.

[/color]:twitch: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Ahh, that's kind of relieving in a way...er...I mean, if I were [i]hugely[/i] into Star Wars, it would really annoy me if the movies contradicted the novels in some way (especially if I really loved the novels).

I do feel like I remember Coruscant being mentioned in the second series (IV, V, VI), but I thought that it was brilliantly portrayed in Episode I.

I mean, during the time of the first Star Wars, I don't think that they would have been able to accurately represent Coruscant. Digital technology has its critics...but you have to admit, Coruscant looked amazing in Episode I. :)

And now, in Ep. II, the digital effects are just mindblowing...so much more advanced than even Ep. I. Just look at Yoda...they couldn't really do him justice in Ep. I, but now...the technology is such that they can render every little hair on his head in great detail.

This also means that the locations can finally look [i]exactly[/i] the way Lucas intended.

What do you guys think of the digital effects in Star Wars? Are you purists, whereby you feel that the puppets were better? Or do you really feel like advanced digital technology (and thus, more accurate representation) is better?

I'm for the latter...Ep. II is going to look precisely how Lucas intended the galaxy to appear...and that's a really cool concept.[/color]

[B][color=red] And how did Coruscant originate in the books? It was mentioned and/or shown in Episodes IV-VI, before the books were made.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]It was shown [i]after[/i] the special editions came out ;) The first book that mentioned Coruscant was written in 1995...the special editions came out in 1998. I could be wrong, so feel free to find a specific point in the original movies and point out to me where Coruscant is shown or mentioned.

As for James' question, I think that the digital art is amazing...it makes the locations (especially those mentioned in the novels) look beautiful.[/color]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Well, not to give anything away, but......the computer animated yoda fight scene looks brilliant. :D[/b][/color]

[B][color=red][b]Well, not to give anything away, but......the computer animated yoda fight scene looks brilliant. :D[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes it does. Yoda in combat, I thought I'd never see the day. But now that that day has come, it may never come again. Yoda is the "core" of the jedi council, the rock in the storm. He seems to have an answer to most problems. Have any of you read the Star Wars comics by Dark Horse? In their infinite series(what would have happened if Luke had missed when he fired his proton torpedo) they have an upcoming showdown between Vader and Yoda.