• No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Yes, the last hope he was. But "there was another....." I was watching Jackie Chan Adventures(best show ever!) today and I saw a preview for episode 2. The TV previews have all centered around 1 person or another. I've seen one centerered around Anakin, one around Obi-Wan, and one around Padmé. But to, I saw one around Jango Fett. It was the coolest one i've seen yet. :D[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]Luke was the only one left who had a chance of defeating the Emporer and Vader.

Yoda: "Too old, he is." :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Indeed. Before the Clone Wars and the great Jedi Purge, Jedi candidates were rounded up as young as 6 months, wasn't it? I may be remembering that wrong, but anyway, they started training young so that the Jedi could remain a strong and powerful ally to the Republic.

When Palpatine took over and Anakin (now Vader) became more or less his "apprentice", they slaughtered a majority of the remaining Jedi and forced the rest into hiding. Obi Wan and Yoda were two that managed to escape being killed.

Because of the constant fear of discovery by the Empire, or Vader himself, the Jedi remained hidden and slowly died out. Luke was the last hope (or, a [i]new[/i] hope if you go by the title of Episode IV ;)) for both Yoda and Obi Wan. It mattered not how old he was, but rather that he would be able to destroy both the Emperor and Vader, as Boba Fett already mentioned.

I hope that helps explain it :)[/color]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I, personally, don't think that Obi-Wan escapes. I think that when Anakin is still young in the Dark Side, he doesn't have it in him to kill Yoda and Obi-Wan.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]I, personally, don't think that Obi-Wan escapes. I think that when Anakin is still young in the Dark Side, he doesn't have it in him to kill Yoda and Obi-Wan.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Oooh, good one! I like your theory! I have never thought of it that way! I've always thought that they had their little, well eh...ya know, their little "episode" in the lava pit and that was the last they saw of each other until much later...

...but I like your idea better :p[/color]

Hmmm, mabye he wasnt gutsy enough to take out Obi-Wan.

But Vader did kill huge numbers of jedi. The emporer personally killed very few jedi. I still cant belive that Vader was able to kill the "dark woman". She was an excellent lightsaber fighter, one of the best.

As for when force sensitive beings were taken into jedi training, they were usually removed after six months(as Babygirl said) and taken to the temple. The reason they were taken so young is so that they couldnt experience fear , anger or hatred.

Most of the Jedi who were taken after the six month period have been either reckless and not typical of normal jedi,(they were periously colse to the dark side) or actually turned to the dark side. Some examples of this reasoning are: Quintlan Vos(taken between 4 and 5 years), anikan(duh)and Aurra Sing(3 years).

The Dark Woman was so devoted to the Jedi order she renounced he name and became the dark woman. She was in charge of most "challenging apprentices. Sje only had one failed apprenitse, Aurra Sing.

She was a human and used a purple lightsaber. She was slain by Lord Vader.......

This is all I know about her

Ah, Episode II. Attack of the clones.

Did you know, the [i]Victory[/i]-Class Star Destroyer was introduced to the Old Rebublic after the Clone war as the most advanced ship of it's day? After being replaced by the [i]Imperial[/i]-Class Star Destroyer many years later, this once powerful Star Destoyer has found itself assigned to planetary defence, and Outer Rim patrols.

Sorry, just some info overload.

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I asked this eailier, but no one seemed to answer it.

Out of all of the SW books, which [i]book[/i](not series) was your favorite?[/b][/color]

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Which book? [i]I, Jedi[/i] (and the rest of Stackpole's stuff). The books I hated were all the ones by Hambly...barf.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I agree Hambly's books suck. ~**1 WEEK TILL EPISODE II**~[/b][/color]

Hey! My favorite book was I, Jedi as well! I like Stackpole but he isnt my favorite. (Oroson Scott Card is)

So anyne up for trivia?

#1 Who was Sate Pestage?

#2 Who was Mara Jade?

#3 Who was Rouganda Ismaren?(spelling may not be correct on her name)

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I know who Mara Jade is. She used to work for the empire, then went off on a tiraid to kill Luke Skywalker, then became a jedi, [i]then[/i] married Luke. i think i got that in the correct order.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]I know who Mara Jade is. She used to work for the empire, then went off on a tiraid to kill Luke Skywalker, then became a jedi, [i]then[/i] married Luke. i think i got that in the correct order.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Correct. What job did she have with the empire?:naughty:

The others are very hard to answer. But, mabye BabyGirl will know(or Defcon 5).

[color=deeppink]Roganda Ismaren was that lady that appeared in the HORRIBLE book [i]Children of the Jedi[/i]. Her and her son, Irek, the rumored son of Palpatine, did bad stuff to Luke and Leia. I don't really remember, but that's that gist of it.[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Well I have to admit I am a star wars fan but you people put my fandom to shame. Anyway back to the point I came across a 24 page article in my local news paper of Star Wars Episode II and they had a test to see How Big of a Star Wars Nerd you are?

Sorry most of these questions are rather easy not really a test but I decided to post them up to test you all anyway!;)

How Big of a SW nerd are you!

1.)Name the four types of Rebel starfighters?

2.)What were Darth Vader's last words before he died?

3.)Which Characters have uttered the exact phrase, -"May the Force be with you"?

4.) What did R2D2 fall in love with on "Sesame Street?"(I'm actually baffled by this question myself)

5.)Which alien from a non Star Wars film can be seen in the Galactic Senate in "Episode I"

6.)According to the Episode I credits, who played Jabba the Hutt?

7.)Name all the situations in which the phrase -"I've got a bad feeling about this..." is uttered

8.)What is Anakin Skywalker's first line in "Episode I"? (Trick Question)

9.)What do A.A.T., M.T.T. and S.T.A.P. stand for?

10.)Who is the Vice Chair of the Galatic Senate?

Some of these might be easy or not I guess it depends on how great a fan you are?;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]

The others are very hard to answer. But, mabye BabyGirl will know(or Defcon 5). [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! hahahahahaha! The only reason I got that one about Dooku's fightning was cause I had just recently come across it online. I really don't know anything compared to you guys about Star Wars.

Guest Matt
1.)Name the four types of Rebel starfighters? [color=red][b]X-Wing, A-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing...I could go on.[/b][/color]

2.)What were Darth Vader's last words before he died? [color=red][b]I think it was Luke- But you'll die. Vader - Nothing can stop that now. *takes of mask*[/b][/color]

3.)Which Characters have uttered the exact phrase, -"May the Force be with you"? [color=red][b]Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo. I think that's it.[/b][/color]

4.) What did R2D2 fall in love with on "Sesame Street?"(I'm actually baffled by this question myself) [color=red][b]No idea....Elmo?[/b][/color]

5.)Which alien from a non Star Wars film can be seen in the Galactic Senate in "Episode I" [color=red][b]E.T.'s were there.[/b][/color]

6.)According to the Episode I credits, who played Jabba the Hutt?
[color=red][b]?[/b][/color]

7.)Name all the situations in which the phrase -"I've got a bad feeling about this..." is uttered [color=red][b]Obi-Wan Kenobi - Episode I - on Trade Federation Ship, Han Solo - Episode IV - when flowing Tie fighter toward a small moon. "That's no moon. That's a space station." :), C3P0 - numerous occasions, Luke, Leia, Lando. I got lazy. :D[/b][/color]

8.)What is Anakin Skywalker's first line in "Episode I"? (Trick Question) [color=red][b]Mel tassa cho-passa... (I was cleaning the bin like you...) :D[/b][/color]

9.)What do A.A.T., M.T.T. and S.T.A.P. stand for? [color=red][b]ATT = Armoured Assault Tanks, MTT = Multi-Troop Transport, STAP = Single Trooper Aerial Platform[/b][/color]

10.)Who is the Vice Chair of the Galatic Senate?
[color=red][b]Can't remember[/b][/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well I have the answer to those questions but I won't post them till everyone has had a chance, but that Sesame street one still boggles the mind!

As for number 2, sorry please try again!;)

Hmmm, all of Ricks questions (that I know) have been answered.
But mabye R2 fell in love with Oscar?? :laugh:

So here are the answers to my trivia

#1 Mara Jade was one of the emporers hand

#2 Ismaren was another of the emporers hands, also his mistress

#3 Sate Pestage was yet [I]another[/I] of the emporers hands.

The emporer had seven elite opratives, they all belived they were the sole hand!