Dragon Warrior

Do you like Star Wars??  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]I don't know why everyone is saying Hayden is such a bad actor. He played his role VERY well. He was a teen going through a lot of problems. He was frustrated that he wasn't getting the recognition from the other Jedi's, especially Obi-Wan, that he thought he deserved. He was a child, so his little temper tantrums were well placed. He also got frustraded a bit with Senator Amidala, not being too sure on where she stood with 'them' . . women are confusing no matter what galaxy you are from =P

My personal favorite scene was when Anakin slew the Tusken Raiders, and Yoda sensed a great disturbance. You could hear Qui-Gon's voice as he meditated, and Yoda (CGI or not) actually looked like he himself was in pain. I thought that scene was absolutely brilliant.

I will also voice off a bit with the lightsaber fights. There was too many lightsaber vs. laser rather then lightsaber vs. lightsaber fights. Though, I suppose Lucas might be holding those off till next episode, in which I will be rather happy to see. Also, with Count Dooku, he WAS very skilled at the lightsaber, and I liked how it was short to show that he basically whooped up on both Anakin and Obi-Wan. That was well done, and the fight between Dooku and Yoda was made longer to show that Yoda could have beat the crap out of him.

Another beautiful scene was with the Droid Federation ship crashing into the desert ground. It kicked up so much dirt, you could see the light reflecting off the dirt, both red and green lasers. That was just awesome. Oh well, I'll shut up now ^_^ I could go on too long about that. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoda was different looking in Clones, but I think that it was excellent that he actually did some fighting rather than sit around and speak crypticly.............

But those stupid critics, they blasted Epsoide 2 like their was no tommorow. They really ticked me off. I dont want to hear what they have to say, I loved the movie, that is all there is to it.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]I agree with you Boba Fett. I think, if I remember correctly, that the critics blasted the original Star Wars as well. Oh well. . . if they can't watch a movie and try to ENJOY it, then that is their loss. People don't realize that George Lucas isn't in this to win any Oscars for acting or anything. He is in this because he loves to make movies, and loves to push out great visual effects. Personally, I can not wait to see the movie on digital. Perhaps the DVD will be done that way? I hope so ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]Yoda was different looking in Clones, but I think that it was excellent that he actually did some fighting rather than sit around and speak crypticly...
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Indeed he did look different. I was sort of distracted by that at first, since he didn't look like the Yoda we all know and love, but I realize that for him to fight he needed to be turned into a CGI character.

And that one scene was brilliantly done ;)

Argh, I regret being so busy this weekend and missing out on good conversation in here. I'd love to discuss the movie...though I must be quite careful about spoilers.

Heh, and Boba Fett (the member here)? I started laughing when I read your most recent post, the one about Fett surviving the Sarlacc. I was going to post something about it, but you definitely beat me to it. It amazes me how many people really don't know that he [i]did[/i] escape. We're just super-nerds for knowing I guess :p[/color]

[color=royalblue]Hm...I don't think Yoda looked different at all.

The reason he seemed different was primarily because of his animation...he looked somewhat more "lifelike". I saw a documentary where they did a split-screen and compared the original puppet with the 3D model...and they look identical when they are still.

I think the main difference is that now, Yoda's eyes can move...he can have facial expressions...he's how he [i]should[/i] be.

He looked awesome when he was doing his thing...he's now one of my favourite characters (he wasn't before, I always found him annoying lol).

By the way, if any of you are interested, I've started a new SW RPG in Games/RPGs. I wasn't happy with the slew of poor-quality SW RPGs lately...so I thought I'd start my own. At the moment I only have the sign up there; I'll put the full RPG up when I have enough sign ups. You guys might be interested to take a look. :)

[i](I'd especially appreciate BabyGirl's expert storytelling skills to guide the story in the right directions...) ;)[/i][/color]

[I]I just got back from watching episode 2. Brilliant, simply brilliant. I always knew Yoda had it in him....... that green little dude showed everybody *shakes fist* showed eveeeryybbooodddyyyy!!! Mace was also very impressive.

Jar Jar and C-3PO still managed to piss me off...... regerdless of how small their parts were.

Jango's death was the funniest thing on Star Wars records...... after Yoda fighting.

And most importantly..... Anakin learnt just how weak he is.[/I]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Though I am not positive, I believe what SS Trunks was trying to say was that Jango just. . well, died, and that was pretty funny. I think it was just how suddenly he went down that was somewhat amusing to everyone. Granted, most people cheered that the 'bad guy' died, I think that some people even bust out in a bit of laughter over it. He comes down, trying to make a huge deal that he is this top bounty hunter, gets run over by a creature that he felled with one shot, then BAM, just like that, he gets his head cut off? I had to stop and think - wait a minute, that shouldn't have happened like that, but at the same time, it was rather amusing to me.

I really don't want to seem like I am insulting Jango Fett or anything, but looking at it, it is rather funny. I suppose Lucas just wanted to make sure he was out and in a hurry. He did have the nice long fight with Obi-Wan, and even gave that Jedi a run for his money, but up against one of the highest ranked Jedi, no way would Jango last long against Mace Windu.

Oh well, no one knows what SS Trunks was thinking besides himself, so I will stop talking about that.

As for Anakin, I agree, he was great. Jar-Jar wasn't so bad in my opinion, though I really didn't 'hate' him in the first episode. For those people that didn't like him, I suppose the scene with Amidala and the Gungan was especially delightful with Amidala cutting off Jar-Jar mid-speach.

Oh well. . . just my thoughts =) [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[I]I thought Anaking did a great job of acting...... completely made up for that damned wood nymph Jake Lloyd. "Are you an angel?" I mean, puh-leez.

Noryko was basically right about the Jango topic. I just thought that his head separating off his body like that was hilarious. He was so unlucky there....... I was in stitches when he got runover by the Reek...... and when Padme drop kicked the Nexu........ that films has everything......[/I]

ooooo, geez, I tell you, Episode 2 IS pretty good.... yeah I agree, Mace was very impressive...

Still, I think Yoda was the best character out of the whole movie. o.O

A great movie.... simpley great... way better than all the other Star Wars films I've seen...

Clones was my second favorite Star Wars film. I think that Return of the Jedi was better, because of the more interesting plot.

By the way, did anyone else get the free comic book with their movie ticket? I did and it was so cheesy, but what can you expect from a giveaway........

The third Star Wars movie is called Star Wars: Bounty Hunter right. But thats not the question. But what interest's me the most is "Do you think Geroge Lucas might remake the old Star Wars movies?"

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, I finally got to see Episode 2. I have made a mistake though. I read the book before I went and saw the movie, so I found myself feeling a little disappointed because the novel was actually so much better. But I absolutely loved the movie. I don't know if you'd consider this spoilers, but oh well, don't read if you don't want to, but my favorite parts where whenever the played the Imperial March to foreshadow stuff that happens in the original SW movies. I couldn't get over that. And I also loved when they played the same music whenever Anakin and Padme were on Tatooine and it was the same music that they play when Luke is watching the sunset and stuff. I was like "Aww..." I almost died before I watched that movie. And I also realized it was the first time I had ever seen a SW movie in a theatre. It was a truly awesome experience. It was one of the highlights of my Saturday. What a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the school year and becoming a SENIOR! *screams happily*

OH YEAH...And I highly doubt that Lucas would remake the old SW movies because they're already popular enough and perfect just the way they are, and it wouldn't be the same without the original actors and no one would really like it anyway. There would be revolts and outrages probably, in my opinion.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sacred Warrior [/i]
[B]The third Star Wars movie is called Star Wars: Bounty Hunter right. But thats not the question. But what interest's me the most is "Do you think Geroge Lucas might remake the old Star Wars movies?" [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, from a certain point of veiw, Lucas [I]did[/I] remake the origional Star Wars movies. He released the special edition copies and they were accepted by fans(mostly).

The third Star Wars movie called "Star Wars: Bounty Hunter"??
I dont think so, I dont think they have selected the title for epsoide three yet. ;)

And as far as Yoda's last name goes, I dont know if he has one.
If you decide to search for it, [B]May the force be with you![/B]

Sorry about the last part, I have been wanting to say that for a long time.......

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I just bought a Yoda action figure!!! It's so cool! lol. And I bought the giant Yoda lego thing! It cost 100 bucks, but it was worth it. Yoda rocks![/b][/color]

Yoda action figure? Where di you get that? I have Jango, Boba, Mace Windu,Dooku, Padme, several battle droids and clones but Yoda..........(all of these are attack of the clones figures)

Where did you get him? I have been to several KB toys and Toys R US and have never even seen him.

I saw that lego Yoda but he was too expensive for me.....

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I saw him at Ames( a store like Wal-Mart) He was the last one. :D I also have Jango and Boba. My little sister calls Jango Fett Mr. Bojangles. I yell at her when she does.

Did anyone see the Official Star Wars Fan Film Awards that were shown on the Sci Fi channel this weekend? They were shown like 5 times. I hate the one that won the George Lucas Selects Award. Its so friggin dumb!

Also, I just bought some AotC cards for the card game. I think I'm gonna start playing. It seems like it will be very fun. Anyone thinking about playing it?[/b][/color]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Well, I bought another Jango Fett and a Mace windu today. I cut off Jango's head so I can re-create the whole Mace-killing-Jango scene. :D :D[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]

Actually, from a certain point of veiw, Lucas [I]did[/I] remake the origional Star Wars movies. He released the special edition copies and they were accepted by fans(mostly).
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Technically, he didn't REMAKE the movies. He just added some footage that was impossible then to have because of the lack of technology and just made the movies look BETTER. He just reVAMPED the movies. To remake them, like I think the question asked meant, would be to do it all over from the beginning, with new actors and new sets and new special effects and so forth. That's what I meant. And of course the Special Editions were accepted by fans...they were revamped editions of their favorite movies, and it's not like anything was edited out or changed REALLY. Of course, I like watching both versions, whatever I can get my hands on. The storyline will never change and that's what matters mostly. That's why I enjoy the novels so much. They're so much more in depth and so much better than a movie could ever show.[/color][/size]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I heard that he might be adding scenes that were cut from the original. Like the infamous Biggs and Luke scene on Tatooine....but it's just a rumor.

This is to all the guys out there:

After seeing Episode II, who thinks Padmé is REALLY hot??? I know I do! :D :D[/b][/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, I'm not a guy, but just hearing other guys reactions, they say that YES she is. But she did look beautiful. I hated her Queen get up she had to wear in Episode I. My favorite outfit she had was when they were in the field with the flowers. It was so pretty....*sniffles* And she had Anakin...and he was pretty, too...[/color][/size]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I hated how she looked in Episode 1. :grumble: But I just LOVE that skin-tight white suit she wore at the end of episode II.....but she has horrible taste in men. Anakin = :sick:[/b][/color]