• What is Star Wars?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]
[i]If this picture doesn't scare you...then I don't know what would...eee![/i][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That picture's not scary, it's Halarious(can't spell)!!

[COLOR=red]Wicket: I vant to drink your blood....[/COLOR]

HAHA!!:laugh: :laugh:

So anyone up for trivia? (if you are still able to think, with epsoide two coming out TODAY)

What is a Nashta?

On what planet are Drochs found?

Who contaminated Emporer Palpitines clones?

How many years after the battle of yavin untill the Darksaber crisis?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jrcjrc [/i]
[B]What do you guys find so good about star wars.
Its alright but you make it sound that if star wars stopped the world will end. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, if Star Wars stopped, the world [I]would[/I] end!! :laugh: :laugh:

What makes me like Star Wars, that is a good question.

I honestly dont know. I like the Si-Fi aspect of the series, as well as the mistique of my favorite charecter, Boba Fett. If I had to say that one thing made me like Star Wars it would have to be watching Return of the Jedi(Special Edition). It obsessed me then and it still does now.(kinda scary...)

I dont know why I spend all my spare money and time buying Star Wars things or talking about Star Wars, it is just a fact of life for me.

All I know is, Star Wars is cool!!!!

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]I'm going to the midnight showing too and i have my jedi robe and lightsaber all ready....:D[/b][/color]

Originally posted by Boba Fett: Well, I would have got to go to the midnight showing, but it was bookied. So I am seeing a later showing at 3am.

I'm going to the midnight showing tonight hopefully if they're not sold out. I was going to go as a Jawa, but I'm going to go as myself( Mr. Maul).

[color=indigo] Bah!! I couldn't get tickets for the 12:00 show...only radio tickets and a few extras were sold. But I was able to sweet talk the manager into selling me a pair of tickets for the 11:00am show tomorrow. I told him that I had camped out all night last night and I was 3rd back from getting a ticket.

I am evil!! I didn't camp out, I just kind of assimilated myself into the line at 11:00am when the box office opened. Never under estimate the power of persuasion...[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I know this girl who works at the movie theatre and she told me that two guys came up to her to buy tickets and one of them told her he was a medic and the other one was about to take over the world. They told her that when he took over the world he would remember her and the other one said that if she ever got shot he would heal her. She says alot of strange people are starting to camp out, too. I'm reading the book for the movie right now so I'm not going to go see it until the crowd dies down. My dance instructor said she would go see it with me. I'll be out of school, so I can go see it anytime I want. So far, the book is pretty good. It started off a little slow, but things finally heated up. And by the way, I like Boba Fett, too. He's one of my favorite characters. And I can't decide which one is my favorite movie because for years it was Return of the Jedi, but lately I've been leaning towards The Empire Strikes Back. I dunno, maybe I'm weird...[/color][/size]

[color=green]... I will get my ticket for Epsiode 2 today, even if it kills me. I would make this post longer, but I need to beg a few friends of mine for rides to the local theater... I wish I had my own car.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I just don't see what the big deal about going and seeing it on the first day is. The theatre is crowded and it's sort of annoying. And it's not like the movie is going anywhere anytime soon. I'm pretty sure SW will be out for a good while. I just can't believe that people actually will camp out just to get good seats...word...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I know this girl who works at the movie theatre and she told me that two guys came up to her to buy tickets and one of them told her he was a medic and the other one was about to take over the world. They told her that when he took over the world he would remember her and the other one said that if she ever got shot he would heal her. She says alot of strange people are starting to camp out, too. I'm reading the book for the movie right now so I'm not going to go see it until the crowd dies down. My dance instructor said she would go see it with me. I'll be out of school, so I can go see it anytime I want. So far, the book is pretty good. It started off a little slow, but things finally heated up. And by the way, I like Boba Fett, too. He's one of my favorite characters. And I can't decide which one is my favorite movie because for years it was Return of the Jedi, but lately I've been leaning towards The Empire Strikes Back. I dunno, maybe I'm weird...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Add another Boba Fett supporter to the list! *Writes Queen Asuka's name on a small list*

My favorite movie is Return of the Jedi, but according to a CNN poll The Empire Strikes Back was the favorite movie of Star Wars fans. Apparently it was the "darker theme" that attracted veiwers. The regular "good guy wins and the bad guy is either banished or killed" senario from the other three movies dosent seem to be as appealing.

And [B]never[/B] let [I]anyone[/I] tell you that you are weird, not even yourself, for any reason! :D

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I just don't see what the big deal about going and seeing it on the first day is. The theatre is crowded and it's sort of annoying. And it's not like the movie is going anywhere anytime soon. I'm pretty sure SW will be out for a good while. I just can't believe that people actually will camp out just to get good seats...word...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]But if you go at midnight you can count yourself as one of the dir-hard fans who stand up and applaud at the LucasFilm logo. :D When I saw Episode I at midnight, there we people having lightsaber fights(with the toys ofcoarse ;)) in front of the screen before and after the movie. The movie employee's didn't dare get near us. There was this guy who was killer with the darth maul saber. lol. He beat everyone, even me. :( But then the movie started and we all forgot about it. It is very fun to go at midnight, you get to be with all the people like yourself....and if your staying for the back-to-back showings(I AM!!) you get to see it twice for the price of one! it's sooo cool at midnight. Now i'm done. I'm just soooo excited!!! :D :D

Now, Boba said that The Empire Strikes Back was the fav. movie among SW fans. What was your favorite scene in it?

Mine was when Lando led Han and crew into the dining room and vader was there. chewie yelled and han pulled his blaster, vader deflected all the shots with his hand(Lets see Maul do [i]THAT[/i] SS Trunks! :P) then pulled the gun away then Boba Fett came in. I just love that scene!![/b][/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:D :D :D Walks in the room, "Just got back from the movie" my face says everything, can't wait to see it again later today at 3pm!(Pulls out tickets):D :D :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Two and half hours...of sleep...running on...am I...

Yoda...lightsaber...:wow:

!!!

::scratches head stupidly:: [i]That[/i] was [i]awesome[/i]...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

NOOO! Don't ruin the movie! lol

Anyway, yesterday, there was a news story about a theater showing that was taped and then put on the internet of Star Wars Episode II.... well after seeing the movie... guess who got them?... lol... so yeah, but the theater version is SO much better.

PS: Hayden is a terrible actor.... but just so cute!

[COLOR=blue]I just saw it last night. It was good, except for some of the acting and...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]***MINOR SPOILER ALERT!!!***[/COLOR]
"Little Orphan Annie" whined too much.
[COLOR=red]***END OF MINOR SPOILER ALERT***[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Personally, I can't see why the critics rated this so badly. I thought the acting was very well done, and really don't have any complaints in that department. And I don't think it is a spoiler that Anakin complained, they showed that in the previews. To be totally honest, that is what made his character. He was a young adult, who still had a lot of growing up to do. I thought Hayden did a great job as Anakin.

As for the Yoda fight, I am sounding off like everyone else. I loved it, and everyone in the theater I saw it in cheered as well. The only dissapointment was that there not a lot of one-on-one lightsaber fights =P Maybe they are saving it for next film?

Anyways, when I got to the theater at 10:00pm, they had a HUGE gathering of people standing around. The theater had 4 different theaters ready to see Star Wars, and it was awesome to see all these people this excited. Well, we got in line with a few people that dressed up, and though my costume wasn't done, my friend was dressed up like a Sith, so that was a nice ice breaker. I had my lightsaber, and figured it would be cool to get some shots with the other fans. There was a kid dressed up like Jango Fett with his 'dad'/older brother as a dark lord. Well, we all got together and had a good picture, but then the Sith wanted to get a shot in a more 'open' area. So we moved to the open carpet, and got ready. Well, then someone from the lines shouted 'Fight!', and soon almost everyone in the theater was cheering, wanting to see a fight. Well, me and that Sith went at it for a while, and at the end, everyone was cheering. It was a GREAT memory, and I just wish that I could have had my Jedi outfit =P (I will try to post a picture whenever I can)

Later ^_^ going to see it another few times today =P Gotta love Fandango. . though I prefer waiting in line *cough*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=comic sans ms]Lovely, lovely movie! I loved it! Saw it twice already, and that' just for the first day. Will definitely go and see it again. My favorite scene? A lot will probably go for the Yoda duel, and that was really one of the best scenes, ever. But my most memorable one was just after Yoda said that the Clone Wars have begun, when the Clone Army are being sent off to war while Palpatine looks over them, and the Imperial March is blaring. Very powerful scene. It sets the stage for the Empire.[/font]