236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]SPOLIER SPOLIER SPOLIER

Theroy thingy! it will prababply be proved wrong but o well-Is Quigon-gin really dead? Obiwon Kenobi is told that Count Dooku was friends with Quigon-gin in Episode 2 right? (I heared that soem where) So if this is true could Quigon have faked his death and become a Sith? Everyone is wondering why he didn't dissapear when he died. So mabye? Feel free to prove me wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, Qui-Gon's body was burned on a funeral pyre, remember?

But, have any of you guys seen the ads for epsoide two? They are so cool! But, I got tired of waiting for them to show up on TV so I found a web site with all the ads on it. (pm me if you want to go to this site and watch the cool ads!)

P.S. Which epsoide one video game are you talking about, was it Jedi Power Battles(for dreamcast)????

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vader would never beat Maul. Darth Maul is a lot faster, a lot more acrobatic, and a lot more intimidatimg. I mean by honest, who would you be more scared of..... a guy who looks like the freakin' devil, or a rusty old robot guy who breathing can be heard from miles around.

Not only that.... but Darth Vader isn't exactly all himself. I can just imagine one of his legs malfunctioning in a fight, making him go crazy..... that would be classic.

Well, I respect your opinion SS Trunks, but lightsaber fighting isnt everything.

While Darth Mauls appearence may be intimidating, even more than Darth Vaders I still think Darth Vader would win in a lightsaber battle.

I think that Darth maul is definately a superior lightsaber fighter, but his skill pales in comarison with the force. Vader is a master of the force, while Maul is still learning.

Remember in The Empire Strikes Back, when Vader is losing in his fight with Luke? Vader uses the force to throw things at Luke and in doing so changes the outcome of the battle.

Vader is stronger in the Force, has more experience in lightsaber duels(after killing almost all of the Jedi).

This is my opinion on the outcome of A battle between Darth Maul and Darth Vader. I highly doubt that anyone else will be able to change my opinion on this matter.

I disagree. In Darth Maul's fight he used the force quite a few times to his advantage. He used it to throw the engine at the door to the generator room thingy and open it, and he also used the force to push Obi-Wan over the edge of the balcony.

But I don't deny what you say..... Vader is much more experienced, and his use of the force was much more defined, but if Maul had all the oppurtunities that Vader has had, if he was as experienced then I think he would definately win, without question.

But my mention of intimidation does actually have an outcome on the fight. I mean, both Maul and Boba / Jango Fett look mysterious and evil, and this would often scare their opponents into a negative attitude.

But I think it would be a good fight whatever the outcome.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]...But my mention of intimidation does actually have an outcome on the fight. I mean, both Maul and Boba / Jango Fett look mysterious and evil, and this would often scare their opponents into a negative attitude...[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]It is funny you should mention Jango/Boba Fett's appearance as mysterious and evil, I was just talking to my friend about it. I think that showing what Boba Fett looks like without the mask, and especially as a child, ruins the sinister mystique he had in the original trilogy. What do you think about showing the Fetts without the masks?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[color=green]It is funny you should mention Jango/Boba Fett's appearance as mysterious and evil, I was just talking to my friend about it. I think that showing what Boba Fett looks like without the mask, and especially as a child, ruins the sinister mystique he had in the original trilogy. What do you think about showing the Fetts without the masks?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree entirely. Knwoing how they look completely spoils the mystery, and almost always leads to dissapointment. The same thing happened to Darth Vader I think. When I saw hia face on ROTJ I was like "The hell? That's him?!? God, talk about pathetic".

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]

Nope, Qui-Gon's body was burned on a funeral pyre, remember?

But, have any of you guys seen the ads for epsoide two? They are so cool! But, I got tired of waiting for them to show up on TV so I found a web site with all the ads on it. (pm me if you want to go to this site and watch the cool ads!)

P.S. Which epsoide one video game are you talking about, was it Jedi Power Battles(for dreamcast)???? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]The Episode 1 game for PC.

And I still think that Vader could whip mauls azz in a lightsaber fight.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[color=green]It is funny you should mention Jango/Boba Fett's appearance as mysterious and evil, I was just talking to my friend about it. I think that showing what Boba Fett looks like without the mask, and especially as a child, ruins the sinister mystique he had in the original trilogy. What do you think about showing the Fetts without the masks?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree as well. I think that having Boba appear in Epsoide two ruins his mistique, and his cold and businesslike nature. It "humanizes" him. You are not supposed to be able to identify with Boba Fett , he is supposed to be mysterious and deadly, not some wide eyed kid.(even though they were all that way once, Yoda included)

The Epsiode 2 game for Pc? Never played it, but heard it was very hard!

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]No it's not. It is very easy.....if u can stop yourself from killing Jar Jar. :D[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]

I agree as well. I think that having Boba appear in Epsoide two ruins his mistique, and his cold and businesslike nature. It "humanizes" him. You are not supposed to be able to identify with Boba Fett , he is supposed to be mysterious and deadly, not some wide eyed kid.(even though they were all that way once, Yoda included)[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]Baby Yoda, what an amusing thought. :whoops:

I am sure that young Boba is going to ruin the character. I like Darth Vader much less now than I did before EP. 1 with Anakin, his terrible acting and bad dialogue "Yippee!"

Jango Fett might be cool, I hope..[/color]

Well, I can say that I am dissapointed in the way the movies are portraying his past(Boba's), but I will always like Boba Fett and consider him the best charecter in Star Wars.

I also think that Vader's portrail in these new movies had completely eroded all liking I had ever had for him.

SPOILER ALERT

Son Goten, wouldnt it have been nice if Jar-Jar had died in the assination attempt on Amidala......

A clone of him???

Obi-Wan was with him from the moment he died to his burning at the funeral. There was no time for a switch(him for his clone) at any time in epsoide one, because the entire time Obi-Wan was with him. It strikes me as highly unlikely that Obi-Wan couldnt tell his master from a clone.

I find it highly unlikely that Qui-Gon could have survived or for that matter become a Sith.

SPOILER KIND OF SPOLIER

What about when Darth Maul had him hanging from the edge of the pit thingy. And how do you know he was at his side the whole time? And who says the real Quigon was with Obiwon for most of his life. He could have had a Clone a few years after Dooku left the council. The Clone could have been placed in at any time.

Yes, a clone [I]could[/I] hve been inserted at any time, but I find that idea not very belivable. Qui-Gon was a veryn excentric jedi, but not one who would join the dark side. Besides on George Lucas's offical Star Wars web site it says that Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul. That alone is good enough for me.

But, you can belive whatever you want Defcon 5.

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]Could you people try not to post spoilers plz? I don't wanna be around if BabyGirl goes nuts.....now i have something to say....

[size=4][b][u]HAPPY 58TH BIRTHDAY GEORGE LUCAS!!![/U][/B][/SIZE][/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]Could you people try not to post spoilers plz? I don't wanna be around if BabyGirl goes nuts.....now i have something to say....

[size=4][b][u]HAPPY 58TH BIRTHDAY GEORGE LUCAS!!![/U][/B][/SIZE][/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]Yes, Happy Birthday Mr. Lucas (Even though I doubt you will get this message)

I would also enjoy it greatly if this topic is "spoiler free." I have seen a lot of the merchandise and commercials, but I don't know many of the plot details. Hopefully I can stay that way until I get to see the movie.[/color]

Guest Matt
[color=red][b]well, me and boba read the book(i don't know if anyone else has) so that's why we know so much.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]Could you people try not to post spoilers plz? I don't wanna be around if BabyGirl goes nuts[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]It's all right as long as you guys give a spoiler alert before you type the message. I have avoided several posts above this one because of these handy spoiler-alerts. Thank you muchly for doing that![/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well lets see judging from the post all the questions were answered except for 4, 6, and 10!

Well the answer for 4 and it took me lots of research is actually, Oscar the Grouch, so who ever said that you were correct, the way I found out this was true was thanks to my Cousin who had this episode of Sesame Street on tape (he is a severe star wars fan)! It was also done before 1983 so I wasn't even born yet when that happened! -_-

As for number 6, the answer is himself, I actually paused the credits to see this answer!

and as for Number 10 I still have no idea? Does anyone???

Well I take it most of you around here have already bought their tickets for 12am, lucky for me I was offered to do a filming/interviewing job at the Zigfield for the grand opening of Star Wars tommorrow for my local Public Access News Station! So I get to go in free, and inteview some of the most hardcore fans!

The funny part is I will have to dress up in the Jedi rob and saber, as part of the job requirement!;) Just felt like sharing that bit of tibit and I do get paid for this job!:D

And then the Next day I will be going to the 3pm showing just for fun, so I think by friday, the whole SWEII will be out of my system or not!;) May the Force be with you!;)

[color=deeppink]Wah hoo! Well guys, the countdown has begun! I'm officially going to see Episode II in about 15 hours! EEEEE! :excited:

It's going to be one hell of a long night...but I'm going with a bunch of other hardcore fans, so I know that I'll have a great time! Best thing is, they all know that I'm the Star Wars Goddess and admit that I know more than them...he he he....:devil:

I'm really excited right now and that is affecting my typing...I can't stop thinking about it..this is going to be the most awesome night ever...

[/color]

Yes! My guess for R2's lover on Sesame Street was correct! That was total luck. :laugh: :laugh:

I cant wait to see the movie......
My armor is set out for tonight and I think that I will keep my ticket stubs for a long time.....(untill epsoide 3!)