OtakuBoards

Which OB member would you be ok stranded on a deserted Island with?

ChibiHorsewoman

[quote name='Morpheus']How about we all get stranded on an island? We can be one big happy family...until Charles kills us all.[/quote]

H[COLOR=Navy]e wouldn't hurt me, let alone kill me.

The people I'd choose would be Drix and Charles.

Drix is an excellent choice for when it comes to medical care. Whenever Charles, or I get hurt or sick, he'll help us get better.

Charles is the best choice for a morale booster. Whenever we feel down in the dumps, he'll cheer us up. He's funny and he'll always put a smile on our faces. I also know that he is a very hard worker. He's very wise and sensible.

I would be a good choice because I've learned all about survival in science class, and I actually had to survive two days out in the freezing cold and walk 21 miles doing various tasks like making bows and arrows once for girl scouts. I also learned in the science class about what is poisonus and what is edible.[/COLOR]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Japan_86']I would be a good choice...[/quote]

[color=crimson]Hmm? Oh yeah, maybe I should do this.

I would be a bad choice. At first I would seem helpful and a good guy, but I would be secretly planning to take power. At the right moment I would perform a Communist coup [which is oddly similar to a normal coup] and take over our island. We would develop into an island country full of oddly normal people who have a strong distaste for grape juice and Jack Nicholson. At the proper moment, depending on how fast our military manpower reaches twenty, we would attack a nearby island and perform a Communist coup [which would still be really similar to a normal one]. In this method we would slowly take over our archipelago, forming into a single country. We will name it "The Impertinent Islands of Off-Color Satirists" or IIOCS. Deemed a threat by the United States [we would be called the 'acronym of evil'], we would build a large nuclear hamster named 'Tinker Bell' to dissuade them from attacking. After a bit of dialog, the US decides it isn't worth it and simply nukes us, causing very little international outcry [except from everyone aside from the U.S., but who listens to those losers]. Their brave leader destroyed in the blast ["Ow. That shock wave hurt."], the Iiocians would select Tinker Bell as their leader. Buying into his promises of leading them to the promised land, they begin to follow him in large, crappy looking ships only to be never heard from again.

Anyway. I don't know if I would be a good choice. I'm a rather tall person with some physical prowess. I'm apparently intelligent [it's rumored I'm intelligent, anyway] to some degree. I have never been camping, however. I'm sure I could learn, lol. Maybe- there is a distinct possibility that I could learn, hm? I don't really have any problem with authority, just as long as you don't ask me to build a large airport with coconuts or something. I'd probably have to coup you then *gestures to the above portion of his post*. I don't know about my personality. I guess I'm ok. I might consume you with pseudo-wit once and awhile, depending on how silly I think you're being. But, yeah. That's me. Good ol' Ken. :sleep:

*wishes he had as many weird, random pictures as Charles* [/color]

[size=1]Thank god only one person mentioned me. I couldn't do anything. I can't cook, my head isn't hard enough to bash coconuts with, probably wouldn't die from one shot, would be difficult to eat, and probably won't taste very good. I choose either the member who tastes best with bbq or is vegetarian. And I can translate anything from pirate to ghettol337. Yes. [/size]

I would die in five minutes if I was stranded on an island. I'd freak out about having no video games and go completely hysterical. Of course if [b]Morpheus[/b] was there we could talk/debate (the latter is more likely) about video games. For a third person I would pick Baron so we could actually get of the freikin island and PLAY our video games instead of talking about them. And if Baron can't get us off, I'd take the fattest dude here and either eat him or float on him. (Okay, that was mean). And I could take someone who could find a way to make a computer out of strings and sparks. ANy computer technicians here?

[QUOTE=ThatOneOddDude] [b]Morpheus[/b]

And I could take someone who could find a way to make a computer out of strings and sparks. ANy computer technicians here?[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Mmm, I wonder how he'd (morpheus) woudl taste with BBQ sauce? :confused:

You should take LCrisler if you want computer Techs...he could also [strike]bore you to death[/strike] I mean interest you by talking about Xmen and Star Trek[/color]

[size=1]In direct reply to your first post Charles, you have a point [and a good one] but it is invalid. Sure, this thread could head in a different, more serious, and more practical direction, but I don't think anyone here is well enough acquainted with many people to judge how useful they'd be in such a situation. I don't know the height to weight to body fat to muscle ratio of anyone else on OB, and as people on an internet forum, I couldn't really care. I don't know how many of them have been in isolated drops, or been in Scouts, or been camping. And I don't care.

I could easily name a number of people IRL that I would take with me, due to their intelligence or strength. But if I rattled off their names to you, would it mean anything? No, it wouldn't, and as such I don't think this thread was ever meant to constitute anything more than a fun little 'popularity' contest, and I don't think it is capable of sustaining those kind of serious, thoughtful posts.

Anyway, I'd choose three people to take with me, provided our aim was to get off the island, not to start a civilisation: lcrisler, desertranger and Mitch.

The first two I don't know at all, but an army guy, and a ranger? I'd be set. Mitch works out often, and is an intelligent fellow. He'd be good as well. Provided we all got on well, we'd stand a good chance of survival, I think.[/size]

I love you all enough to say I wouldn't wish any of you to be stuck on a desert island with me. As many of you know I an not the healthiest person in the world and without my medications I am pretty much a lost cause. There is only one member who could handle being trapped with me on a desert island and that is the guy I would want with me.

The only member I would want with me would be [b]Novapup[/b] (my husband) because he can put up with my whining. He is also pretty crafty when it comes to surviving in the wilds. Back before I got sick we would go camping all the time. When I say camp I don't mean with a camper or cabin. Just up in the mountains. Catch your own fish with a fishing pole you make yourself. Not only can he take care of himself but he can take care of me. He has a world of life experiences that make him a great compainion. Oh and he is an EMT so first aid is covered.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]I was thinking earlier today...for once...^__^...and this topic came to mind.

Chibi Horsewoman, I think I'd get stuck on a desert island with you, because maybe, we could make that thing that you were talking about...that whole New York thing...I don't remember...A tourist's guide to New York, I think. We'll just write a book. Wouldn't that be [B]fun[/B]?

Miryoku, he's a guy, but he loves Gackt! We could listen to Gackt all day long...great, now I've got "Marmalade" stuck in my head again. Damn.

And Panda, I'd pick you too regardless of what you said...you seem really nice. And I get along well with nice people.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Mar. Good God Asuka, don't worry about that so much. =P In the end James and them are just as everybody else is. They're just people. ^_^

Anyways, now for my input. =P I prefer more than one person if something like this were to happen.

[b]Kitty![/b] She's so CUUUUUUTE, and she wouldn't annoy me AT ALL. I get pretty obnoxious myself when bored, and I do the oddest things when bored. I'd either kill her or myself through the suffocation of laughter. XD I know I'd have a load of fun being around her, and as for PMS I don't even get it lol, and I don't even pay attention to those who do get it, unless they rub me the wrong way, then they have hell to pay. Definitely Pokemon, though, I'd enjoy pinpointing her team's significant weaknessess, muahuahuahua. >=E

[b]DarkSesshoumaru.[/b] Why the hell wouldn't I? He's my Charrie for Chrissakes!!! ^_______^ Anything we can think of, but I'd like to wrestle with him every once in a while, and watch him do his martial arts...rarely I would leave his side. ^_^

[b]Desbreko.[/b] I'd most likely tie him up and have him recite the entire online Zelda encyclopedia just for kicks, then maybe untie him...maybe...maaaaaaaaybe....I know with Laura/Japan_86 and Des I'd have the time of my life. =D

[b]Japan_86[/b]. Most definitely. We could do all kinds of stuff. When I'm with people I like to do more than talk lol, especially if all I could was talk to them online. She's one of the closest OBers to me, so she's in by default. =D

[b]Shinmaru.[/b] Alright, it just wouldn't be the same without him and Des. XD He'd better bring a cup, but I doubt anything would nullify Des's nad powers. XDD In all reality, I'd have a lot of fun talking to him about games and stuff, and he's just fun in a dorky way. ^_^ I don't come across people like him very much.

Alright, that's about it, otherwise it'll just turn out to be a Who Would You Meet IRL post or something LOL. XD I don't think I'd wanna leave the island for a few days, until it starts turning into "Lost" then I'd get my a** in gear. @_@;;

I'm pretty creative and practical, but depending on what's even available on the island depends on whether or not we could actually leave. OH! Once we're able to build a raft, we can go sailing like Pippi Longstocking, and Shinmaru can be the monkey. XD[/color][/size]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1]In direct reply to your first post Charles, you have a point [and a good one'] but it is invalid. Sure, this thread could head in a different, more serious, and more practical direction, but I don't think anyone here is well enough acquainted with many people to judge how useful they'd be in such a situation. I don't know the height to weight to body fat to muscle ratio of anyone else on OB, and as people on an internet forum, I couldn't really care. I don't know how many of them have been in isolated drops, or been in Scouts, or been camping. And I don't care.[/size][/quote]

Of course I'm not insisting that you have to have a meticulous knowledge of your choices. But, certain easily obtainable facts and logic should be considered such as the infant issue discussed earlier, for example. Or the aforementioned society which had a gross imbalance between men and women. Things like age are usually within reach and resources like Queen Asuka's picture archive could be rather useful for physical attributes. Furthermore, it's safe to say that each member has a general knowledge of their friends and what abilities they possess that may be useful. I didn't intend to suggest that everyone should do careful research on others here but at the same time, seeing replies based solely on trivial reasoning is frustrating. I wouldn't bring Semjaza Azazel just because he posts well in the Play It forum or Drix because he can debate well, for example.

[quote name='Charles'] I wouldn't bring Semjaza Azazel just because he posts well in the Play It forum or Drix because he can debate well, for example.[/quote]

I'm flattered.

I suppose the question raised here isn't so much who I'd think the most useful person to bring, as much it is who I'd most like dying with. I mean think about it... desert islands are old news, and after JFK Jr. died I sincerely doubt anyone's going to spend any significant time looking for me. My outdoor skills are limited, so I suppose it would only be a matter of time before myself and my island-mate expire.

So I guess that narrows the question down to what I would want to [i]do[/i] before I were to meat this gruesome and inevitable end? That's easy, I'd bring along someone I could have great sex with. And, thankfully Charles has made it easier for me. His "Sex Orgy" is basically everyone I would conceivably copulate with sans JCBagee (never met ya) and Syk (no offense, I think we'd be better as friends). The rest of you guys would be pure vanilla though, as we'd certainly carry on our orgy until passionate exhaustion ended our lives, quite happily I might add.

[QUOTE=Charles]I?m going to make an inquiry before I bother replying to this thread. How is it any different from the countless ?[B]Which OtakuBoards member would you like to meet in real life[/B]? threads we?ve endured? This just seems like the same popularity contest we?ve seen countless times over with different dressing. On one hand it?s a good opportunity to try something new. People could put some real thought into their posts and instead of just listing their normal friends or using this opportunity to kiss ***, they could take into account gender, age, ethnicity, religious differences, health, physical prowess/size, foraging, hunting and organizational skills to put together a convincingly capable society. Ask yourselves how your chances of survival will be affected by how you?re constructing your society.

Annie?s, for example, would perish because it?s male-dominated; reproduction would be inefficient. The ratio of men to women is incredibly imbalanced. Due to women being such a limited resource for reproduction, wouldn't competition among males rise, perhaps resulting in violence? Others choose young members who probably wouldn?t be able to cope with the psychological stress of being separated from their families, let alone possess the wherewithal necessary to survive independently in the wild. Would Ken, for example, be a good choice considering that he?s in the rebellious stage of his teenage years? Does [I]Lord of the Flies [/I] ring a bell for anyone? lol

Yeah, I just see the same clichéd responses that are the norm for popularity threads here. No one puts real thought into the fact that they?ve never met most of their choices. No one considers the fact that they may not be comfortable in an environment of raw isolation with strangers they?ve only talked to through the Internet or on the phone. They just want to be ?cute? with these thoughtless responses that in no way consider the question seriously.

I?ll give ChibiHorsewoman a nod of credit for at least considering certain [b]serious[/b] advantages individual members possess, such as her husband?s basic training. But, on the other hand how would the couple cope with the despair of being separated from their newborn child? Would they be psychologically fit under the circumstances to pull together with a small community and survive? Also, just because Drix is able to debate proficiently, does that mean he?s capable of building a boat with minimal tools and supplies? I?m not saying he couldn?t--but his ability to debate is not sufficient evidence to prove so. If she had chosen him due to some knowledge in say, treating injuries or something of that nature, it would have been more of a valid choice. The reasoning in her choices just grow weaker from there--which is the level of quality thought or lack thereof that I?m seeing from everyone else.

--Charles[/QUOTE]

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/ZIdargh/Jakesthepegs.jpg[/IMG][/center]

If I was stuck on a desert island, I wouldn't feel comfortable with any of you. All of you know that eventually you'd be driven insane from eating crabs and the odd coconut 24/7, that you'd have a spar to the death. Naked. Because you would've burnt your clothes in a futile attempt to gain air support.

If I won, I'd gut the person, live in their organs and skin for warmth, due to the climate changes, that generally don't exist on desert islands, and loot their body for their scrotum (Only if male).

The scrotum will be called 'Wilson's'.

I'd also deliberately grow a beard and gum infection.

[COLOR=LightBlue][SIZE=1] [B]People I would take because I get on with them even though they're probably useless;[/B]

[B]Alan[/B]
I don't know how useful Alan would be if we really were stranded on a desert island, but it would sure as hell be a good time! I'd rather go out laughing with tights made out of coconut hair than last for weeks before eventually dieing from malaria or cholera.

[B]Reise[/B]
We get on wonderfully and neither of us would ever consider eating the others leg even once. (At least I don't think so.) We'd probably figure out how to make a shelter and find food, but after that would be screwed. At least we'd find a lot to talk about.

[B]JJRiddler[/B]
We can make conversation out of anything, so I wouldn't be going insane from lack of human contact/communication. We'd write stories to pass the time, but all that talk of zombies would most probably drive us to cannibalism. Hm, maybe that wouldn't be such a happy situation.

[B]People I'd like to be with, but probably would end up throttling with an eel;[/B]

[B]Unborn Lord Xion[/B]
Yes, I love him to bits. But being on an Island with him for God knows how long? No thank you, I'd rather drown myself. We'd nag each other, berate each other for entertainment, or end up screwing like bunnies. While it may be entertaining for the first two days, the third would see one of us attempting to swim to the nearest inhabited landmass.

[B]People I'd want to be stranded with because they'd actually be useful;[/B]

[B]Panda[/B]
Because vets can treat humans, but doctors can't treat animals. Panda is a fountain of knowledge and she just seems like one of those people who would be prepared for anything, both practically and mentally. Plus we do actually get along pretty well.

[B]desertranger/lcrisler[/B]
Like Baron said, these guys are trained people who would know what to do and would actually get me out alive. I don't know either of them, sadly, I'm sure they're pretty interesting guys.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet]I just thought of three more people I could survive a deserted island with based on logical reasons.

[b]Lost Prophet[/b]-I keep forgetting that he's in the Air Force (aka chair force) and had to pass basic training and I'm guessing he has some training in combat lifesaving. Besides, he's fun to talk to when he's online. So he's on my island.

[b]Annie[/b]-I don't know her very well, but I found out from a post and from LP that
she was in one of his classes as a rope (student leader). So she knows her survival skills. Plus she seems like a rather responsible person from her posts. She's on my island too.

[b]Veggito4[/b]-Found out from LP that he just got done with USMC (aka Marine) bootcamp (AKA hell). The dude is a friggin' Marine so he has to be on my island.

Ok, purely illogical terms:

[b]Death Bug[/b]-He's my estranged brother and I need to have some fun. That's why.

[b]Kane[/b]-He's Irish and we need more Irish people. I told you that this was my illogical list.

Kill and eat, or I just don't want to be stuck with them:

[b]Lady Rin[/b]-For some reason she reminds me of Miaka from Fushigi Yugi. That's a bad thing because I find Miaka to be a very annoying character. Also the fact that she seems a bit immature to be at times (even more so than me) and I'd have a sudden urge to either bury her in the sand, use her for bait, or just see how willing I am to survive.

[b]Chibi Horsewoman-A.K.A. me[/b]-Yeah, I can cook, make a fire in the rain and I know first aid. But I also suck royally at roughing it. I did it one weekend in college and I swore I'd never do it again. I'm a bit of a girly girl when it comes to comfort. I want to be able to shower, sleep in a bed, and use a toilet that's in the middle of my bathroom. Someone would kill and eat me before the second day...or just tape my mouth shut...i'm better with having my mouth taped shut if anyone's interested. So yeah, I don't want to be stranded with myself for the safety of myself and others.

[b]Sky3 [/b]-That guy is just too....what's the word I'm looking for? Never mind...I'm not going to use it.

Ok there's my new updated list.[/color]

Let's see now, who would I want with me on a desert island ...... hmm .......

[I]The logical view:[/I]
Oh yes, [B]all those people mentioned by others[/B], who have certain skills that would aid me.... I mean the group.... in getting off the island. I might not know them very well, but hey - whatever gets the job done.

[I]The social view:[/I]
Preferably I would want real-life friends over OB members, but if I had to make a choice I'd probably choose [B]Sarah(...)[/B]. OK, I haven't got much to base this decision on, but she seems nice enough from the.... erm.... one time I've talked to her. :sweat:

The one person I would definitely [I]not[/I] want would be my brother, [B]Dan L[/B], after all - he's my brother. Things might go OK at first, but I doubt that'd last very long in a life-or-death situation.

[I]The entertainment view:[/I]
Hey, does anyone know if I can register my PS2 as OB member? No?! .....Oh well, I could always [B]spend my days beating n00bs to death[/B]. Hurrah!

[CENTER]* * *[/CENTER]

[I]Why you wouldn't want to be stuck on an island with me:[/I]
Trust me, this would be a very bad idea. I'd probably get extremely bored within the first hour or so and just sit on the beach looking at random things. Once that stage passed I'd probably start poking you at random intervals, saying that I'm just checking whether you're alive or not. After that I imagine I'd just lie there looking up at the sky, coming out with random phrases or attempting to start barely-philosophical discussions from things I saw on a college friend's folder.
And, if all else failed, I'd cover the entire beach in sand-doodles.

[I]Why you might want to be stuck on an island with me:[/I]
- I'd laugh at all of your jokes no matter how good/bad they are.
- I'd follow every order/request with a quick 'Whatever', and work hard for at least an hour before descending into the above patterns of boredom.
- I can't cook, but I'd tell you that I could.
- I have a basic first aid qualification. Can't remember most of it, but it's there.
- My shoulder will always be there to cry/munch on.

[color=#9933ff]You know, I would like to say that I'd bring everyone who's watched all the seasons of [i]Survivor[/i]. I know that sounds retarded, but you have to have learned soemthing for sitting infront of the TV and watching people on an island for hours.

For instance, because of survivor, I now know that fire is the most important thing for survival. See?!?! XD

I've evaluated any redeeming qualities of having me on an island, but I don't think I can find too many.

I can cook things like rice, but I couldn't skin an animal for my life. *_* But I can boil water! And um... I can also listen to orders and complete them, unless it's something rediculous like "hey, make a life-sized airplane out of bamboo!" because that's just stupid.

Oh, and I know the heimlich maneuver (sp). And I can use a phonebook. (I learned both of those in a life skills class once - we caleld it the phonebook class because that was the first thing we did).

Oh, and I want JCBaggee on my island. I think he's in the USAF. Or he's going to be, anyway. So people in the military are definitely on my island. =)[/color]

[QUOTE=Methuselah][COLOR=LightBlue][SIZE=1] [B]\
[B]Panda[/B]
Because vets can treat humans, but doctors can't treat animals. .[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

XD. I'm not exactly sure how accurate this statement is. Granted, I'm sure certain biology classes in undergrad might cover basic human physiology. However, after graduation, the line between Vet and Doc is usually drawn. Doctors (PA's, RNs, etc) go to specialized medical schools in order to learn [i]everything[/i] about the human body. Vets attend a similar school that teaches them the treatment of a wide variety of animals. Doctors then spend a year of internship and several years of residency depending on what specialization they might choose.

Vets are good at what they do, yes (they're "doctors" just like any other physician or dentist), but they aren't nearly as capable as you might have implied when it comes to treating humans. Hell, a nursing undergrad probably has significantly more med. experience than a Vet.

Then again, Panda might be a super-vet. Who knows? ;)

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1]Seriously, Doctors can't treat animals legally but vets can treat humans (if it was an emergency). My Careers teacher always tells us whenever someone says they want to be a vet.

I'm not saying a vet would have humans in their waiting room to be treated for...whichever, but a vet would be able to treat a human if a doctor wasn't around in time, say a car accident or something. *shrugs*

Maybe my teacher just says that to put people off wanting to be a doctor, he could secretly be supporting an underground cult of vets. ^_~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Methuselah][COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1]Seriously, Doctors can't treat animals legally but vets can treat humans (if it was an emergency). My Careers teacher always tells us whenever someone says they want to be a vet.

I'm not saying a vet would have humans in their waiting room to be treated for...whichever, but a vet would be able to treat a human if a doctor wasn't around in time, say a car accident or something. *shrugs*[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It?s not your fault that you are misunderstood. You should tell your career teacher he/she is mistaken. Emergency medicine (first response, first aid, etc) is learned in nursing school, PA, med school and residencies. I?ve also been trained in first response because of my job at the Emergency room. For example, if there is a car accident near me, I am not only trained, but legally obligated to go help the people unless the accident could possibly threaten my own health. When I?m on the scene I need to ***** and stabilize whoever I can until the paramedics arrive. The paramedics can legally ask me to help resuscitate/stabilize even if that means going back to the hospital.

Vets are not bound by this obligation. Saying a vet can do the same job as a doctor is like saying an Air Force pilot can drive an Marine?s tank. Sure, they are part of the same military, but they are quite specialized. If a vet were to show up at an accident scene, there may be a chance that he is trained in first aid, a possibility. Now that makes them about as effective as a lifeguard (who are sweet in their own regard) and when the Paramedics get there, the vet better start getting out of the way.

I cannot artificially inseminate a horse, but I could probably intubate a human more efficiently than a vet.

[QUOTE=Methuselah][COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1]
Maybe my teacher just says that to put people off wanting to be a doctor, he could secretly be supporting an underground cult of vets. ^_~[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

XD Yeah, I can see it now. ?Mom, I don?t want to go to the vet!? ?Son, if you?re good there, he?ll give you a bone!? ?Oh hell yes!?

[QUOTE=Drix D'Zanth]
XD Yeah, I can see it now. ?Mom, I don?t want to go to the vet!? ?Son, if you?re good there, he?ll give you a bone!? ?Oh hell yes!?[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]That is so going in my signature

I wonder if I can get a discount by taking both my cat and my daughter to the same doctor? But...what if Abby got the deworming shot and Domino got the six moth follow up shots?[/color]