OtakuBoards

Top 5 guitarists

boxybrown305

[COLOR=DarkRed]We all know that Zakk Wylde knows his way around five strings (Aqua Teen Hunger Force), but what about the rest? Basically, who are your top 5 fav guitarists?

I say...

5) Tom Morello [IMG]http://www.angelfire.com/nt/ragepage1/tom4.JPG[/IMG]- he's a good guitarist for Audioslave, but if you've ever listened to Rage Against the Machine, you know how awsome he really is. Often, he makes his guitar playing sound like he's scratching a record, truly amazing.

4) Jimi Hendrix [IMG]http://digilander.libero.it/indyjour/images/Jimi%20Hendrix-Picture%20at%20Montery%20Pop.jpg[/IMG]- undoubtedly some people will say he belongs number one, and others will say he doesn't belong. Well he does belong, and i'm sorry but he's just not the best. Quite exceptionally good though!

3) Steve Vai [IMG]http://www.guitargalaxy.it/vai003.jpg[/IMG]- this ex-Whitesnake guitarist is amazing. He did the music for Halo 2, but his solo work is great.

2) Eric Clapton [IMG]http://www.iem.ac.ru/EC/images/covers/eric_clapton.gif[/IMG]- if you've never heard of this guy, you seriously need to rethink your music tastes. Often quoted, "Clapton is GOD," this alone is explanation enough.

1) Jimmy Page [IMG]http://www.enews.org/alves/_photosbig/jimmy_page.gif[/IMG]- without a doubt, the best of the best in my opinion. There really isn't much more to say... HE'S GREAT! You must listen to his solo work, Led Zepplin, and The Yardbirds. Dear god he's great![/COLOR]

5.) Zakk Wylde

4.) Randy Rhoads

3.) Jimi Hendrix

2.) Stevie Ray Vaughan

1.) "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott

Can't really organize them any better than that. Wylde and Rhoads both played for Sabbath and both were awsome but I choose Rhoads over Wylde. Hendrix is awsome, the way he learned the play, and the way he [i]did[/i] play. Vaughan is one of the best I've heard. His guitar playing combined with his voice and his lyrics is an awsome compilation of blues music. Dimebag because... well he's Dimebag. RIP.

Others came close to being on the list but these are the top 5 I have.

My top five are probably a little different from everyone else's but here they are anyway.
1: Riggs (Rob Zombie)
2: Daron Malakian (System of a Down)
3: Koichi Fukuda (Static-X)
4: Mick Thompson (Slipknot)
5: Paul Ryan (Cradle of Filth)

[COLOR=DarkRed]Cool, you guy said some other greats i forgot about.
Of course Dimebag Darrell (Rest in Peace), and Wylde played for Sabbath? i thought it was only Ozzy. Also Mick and James of Slipknot pluse Head and Munk from Korn...
The list goes on.[/COLOR]

The top five guitarists according to Xan...

Five: The Beatles (Minus Ringo, of course) I say this because together they make one great Guitarist.

Four: Eddie Van Halen

Three: Alex Liefson

Two: Eric Clapton

One: Jimi Hendrix

Course, I've never reeally has an ear for Guitar, mostly drumming and vocals.

[FONT=Times New Roman]'Scuse me, but aren't we forgetting someone?

1. [SIZE=4]ALEXI LAIHO[/SIZE] of Children of Bodom, the GOD of all guitarists.

2. The guitarists of In Flames, who rock hard.

3. Jimi Hendrix.

4. Tom Morello, formerly of RATM.

5. Adam Jones, of Tool.

I can't believe you people forgot Alexi for so long...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]The old guitar player for Manson, John 5, is AMAZING, hes probably the most uderlooked guitarist right now, he was told he was awesome by LES PAUL for crying out loud!

some other good ones are Yngwie malmsteen, that guy from children of bodom, steve vai, and of course all of the classics!!

THATS IT!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Let's see if I have five favorites.

5. Frank Iero, My Chemical Romance
4. Jade Puget, AFI
3. George Bikos, the Cruxshadows
2. Sean Brennan, London After Midnight
1. Emppu Vuorinen, Nightwish

Yeah. I actually had to search for that fifth one.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

It's more than five...but who cares?
These are some of my favorites.

1. India Arie
I have a lot of respect for India Arie. Accoustic Soul was an amazing album; it was raw, organic, and soulful. She was the sole reason I picked up the guitar, and for that I am eternally gratefull.

2. Tom Dumont
No Doubt is perhaps my favorite band of all time. The ska-punk from the Tragic Kingdom days is incredible; I have a lot of fond memories of No Doubt in my life, and this is my way of paying tribute to my favorite band.

3. Chad Hugo
The quiet half of the Neptunes, and lead guitarist for N*E*R*D, Chad Hugo has made some great rock songs. "Truth Or Dare" (by N*E*R*D), "Young, Fresh 'N New" (by Kelis), and

4. Wyclef Jean
His guitar on the Fugees' "Vocab" is amazing. Raw beats and an unplugged guitars made the Fugees (along with great lyrics) an amazing group. You don't hear much accoustic guitar in hip hop music very much, if at all.

5. The Edge
It's U2; they need to be on every rock list.

Honorable mention:
Courtney Taloyr, Van Hunt, Raphael Saadiq, Lenny Kravitz, and D'Angelo

I have alot of guitarist I greatly admire but my top 5 are..

5: Kerry King:- Even thought Jeff Hannaman is great I think that King'ds playing and is solos, are the driving force behind slayer. He is an incredible guitarist and will be talked about in years to come as a legend.

4: Mick Thompson:- This guy doesn't get as much praise as he deserves. I always thought he was great but after hearing his solos on Slipknots 3rd album he is incredible guitar player.

Also after seeing the Knot live and seing Mic, this stage presence he brings in incredible. The power he has when he plays and the aura he greats adds that depth that Slipknots has.

3: Slash:- He is the most reconised member od Guns N' Roses and his playing was so great I don' tneed to explain it really. Just listen to the song November Rain and all will be explained.

2:Kirk Hammet:- His guitar playing is so unique it doesn't sound like any other out there. People have always copied the way he has played but never prefected it!

1: Dave Murrahy:- Do i need to say more! Even thought im proably biased because Maiden are my favourite but I don't think any body can touch the way Dave ever played. When Dave played with Steve Harris and Adrian Smith they made the greatest trio of Bassit and guitarists in the whole of history!

The following is a list of Britty's top five favourite guitarists, in no particular order.

Jimi Hendrix - My god, this man was a musical genius. Creative, inspiring, and full of soul. Everything he did sounded like a dream. This is a man who would go far outside of the box to get 'just the right sound.' He gave birth to the image of a musician completely destroying his equipment. And yet he did it with skill. The destruction was the noise that brought it all together. Would Hendrix be the same without all the 'odd' noises in the background? Not only that, but [b]damn[/b] he could sing!

Steve Vai - While he may not have the soul or the popularity of some of my other favorites, Vai is a technical mastermind. Just listening to 'For the Love of God' or 'Erotic Nightmares' is enough to give me the shivers. I luff him, oh, so very, very much.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Seriously. Where else would you hear such a catchy rendition of the little old poem 'Mary Had a Little Lamb?' No more needs to be said.

Jeff Beck - He's Jeff Beck. If you've ever actually listened to his work, you know right off the bat what I mean. Words aren't enough to describe him or his style.

Hmm, there are so many are so great and I admire alot...but my top five is as follows:

[B]5) Slash(Guns and Roses)[/B] -- I could sit and listen to this guy play all day. Can really pull his emotion out of the guitar with such ease.

[B]4) Eddie Van Halen(Van Halen)[/B] -- What can I say that hasn't been said about this guy? The man is nothing short of amazing.

[B]3) Zakk Wylde(Ozzy, BLS, etc)[/B] -- Amazing guitarist. I am in shock and awe everytime I watch this man play. Just a no nonsense guy who can rip up the strings.

[B]2) Kirk Hammet(Metallica)[/B] -- Most would argue that Kirk is a very overrated guitarist. I must say I don't think that at all. But hey, I will admit I am biased due to the fact he plays in my favorite band.

[B]1)Dimebag Darrell(Pantera, Damageplan)[/B] -- I didn't put him at #1 due to the fact he is dead. I put him at #1 because the man was a joy to watch. He loved playing his guitar and making music so much, it was his life. He was the reason I picked up a guitar. Words cannot express what a loss he was.

And just to clear things up...no, Zakk Wylde was never in Black Sabbath. He did and continues to play with Ozzy, but never was in Sabbath.