OtakuBoards

Unreal, But There

Dragon Warrior

I just recently watched [b]Donnie Darko[/b] (excellent movie, bytheway) and got me thinking (as most movies do to me)... I've had visions before. I'm sure it's a normal thing, but it depends on how often you have them and what they're of. It's not like I have them constantly, but I can safely say I've had some kind of vision in my lifetime.

I can distinctly remember it being a crow carrying a dead vine with a ripe grape. It's one of those things you can't make heads or tails of. I saw it in pure daylight... obviously it must've been me daydreaming while standing outside--even the sun causing me to hallucinate. Not too long later, my friends spoke to me and said they started growing grapes in their dead grape patch. Weird.

I've had other visions like this, but none I can remember as well as that one. I'm curious--has anyone else had visions that have come true?

[b]I had this strange vision years ago that began with a thundering, cracking sound and became a vivid image of a thick sheet of ice breaking.[/b]

[b]About an hour later, my brother came home and was freezing cold and obviously freaked out. [/b]

[b]The car he had been in had cracked the ice on the lake and had begun to sink. [/b]

[b]When he opened the door to get out, the ice that he stepped on sunk under his foot and soaked his leg up to the thigh, so he scrambled out the other side of the car and ran home.[/b]

[b]I've had other visions that I'd rather not mention, but this one stands out, because it deals with one of my strongest phobias.[/b]

[COLOR=DarkRed]No freaky preminitions like that ever hapened to me, but once i stayed up all night, and the next day i was halucinating. i don't remember what i saw, but i was in my room, and it made me not want to leave. i just took a nap and i was fine. My mom says the same thing happens to her if she doesn't get enough sleep, so maybe it's genetic. i just have to be sure i get enough sleep i guess :animestun [/COLOR]

Hmmm I do believe or rather feel at certain times/places that feeling that you've been/or seen it before but know you haven't...Basically des jah vue...(yeah Im sure I mispelled it) Although I never really thought about it much it is always amazing that you maybe saw it in a dream years ago or something...Actually I find that its pretty cool...I can't really remember any specific times however... :animedepr

I have des jah vue quite often. I even had des jah vue about having des jah vue once :animesmil lol. That was weird.I've had visions before, which later come true. They don't tend to be much though. Except this one time, when i had a nightmare. It scared me to hell, because there was this underlying fear through this whole dream, and then it came true a few weeks later. I won't tell you what it is because i don't want to talk about it, but it freaked me out badly, even more so when i thought about how i had dreamed it before hand.

[color=indigo]As for déjà vu, I often have the feeling (or even the [i]conviction[/i]) that I've been somewhere before. (Even when it is fact that I have not, in fact, been there.) Exploring around in Minneapolis (my home of five months), I've come across a few places that are just...so very familiar. Or sometimes, out driving along the countryside, I'll come across a building or farm that I could [i]swear[/i] to you is straight out of a certain dream I had as a kid. I suppose it's due to the fact that there are only so many different ways you can build a house. :) Who knows. [spoiler]I want to meet this "who" person someday, and ask him a hella lotta questions. ^_~[/spoiler][/color]

i had a vision once. it was in the middle of the day. i turned to face the sun and i saw a raven was picking at the flesh of a coarpse, around the kidney area. i though that it had been a trick of the light or something.

the next day my grandfather was rushed to hospital with kidney faliure.

this is the only one that stands out in my mind. but i'm sure i've had others

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Have I had visions? Certainly. Not many are important, though. Just small things that happen after I somehow "see" that they will happen. Like today, for instance. At school, I fell asleep during my biology teacher's lecture. (No surprise). I had been asleep for so long (classes are only 41 minutes long, but today, science classes' lengths were doubled for bio lab) that I had a short dream.

It was the image of a squirrel sitting calmly on a bench, doing nothing. Suddenly, a hand (it is not attached to anything; it's just a hand) picks it up and throws it. I see it hit a window in the middle of a large brick wall, then heard a loud noise, and was awoken to find the bell had just rang. Later, in my math class (which is on the first floor of the building), we were half way through the lesson when a squirrel "flew" into the window. The entire class was in hysterics for the rest of the period. And yes, the squirrel fell to the ground, shook it off, and ran to hide.

Now, why I had "forseen" this is beyond me. It doesn't seem very important does it? I just had a vision that a squirrel would hit the window. Strangest ******** thing. o.O;[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Well, uh... visions? Not exactly. I've had dreams before, which foreshadowed the specific event.

I had a dream about being chased in a car, the next day, I was in a car driving well above the speed limit. I've had several dreams about people breaking up a certain way, and I come to find that their relationship actually [i]did[/i] end the way I had guessed.

And deja vu, if that counts, I've had that before too. A car drove down the hill towards my house iwth a crack in it's windshield. A white van, and a paper stuck on the windshield. I glanced at it, pushing the matter aside, only to see that literally, ten seconds later, it's back at the top of the hill, driving back down again. Hallucination? I don't know. I'm guessing so... since I don't really believe in deja vu.[/SIZE]

[quote name='boxybrown305][COLOR=DarkRed']No freaky preminitions like that ever hapened to me, but once i stayed up all night, and the next day i was halucinating. i don't remember what i saw, but i was in my room, and it made me not want to leave. i just took a nap and i was fine. My mom says the same thing happens to her if she doesn't get enough sleep, so maybe it's genetic. i just have to be sure i get enough sleep i guess :animestun [/COLOR][/quote]

That's not genetic. That's just the fact that you lost enough sleep that you're not getting enough oxygen to your brain causing hallucinations XD It happens to everyone.

If we're getting into dreaming, I've had many unusual dreams that I can't explain, some that have come true, some that haven't. One in particular that I've brought back to mind would be one about a large, twisted tree with candles all over its huge branches. Then there's someone sititng up the tree with a single candle. I always wake before I see who it is. This dream has occurred twice in my life, but it was ages ago...

... I believe dreams can sometimes mean something.

I've experienced deja vu plenty of times, nothing so important that I can remember. I think I've had visions before...It happens when I'm sitting still and staring into space, thinking about the insignificant. Then I will see something so real and vivid, that I don't think that I was dreaming...

Had several precognitive dreams. When I was about thirteen I dreamt that my best friend and I were in a house that I did not recognize. I specifically remembered the kitchen in particular, it was painted blue-green. There were two men in the kitchen with us. I couldn't see either of their faces, but one had blonde hair and the other had dark hair.

Recently, my best friend (the same best friend from my teenage years) met a man. He is blonde, and his roomate has dark hair. The kitchen in their house is painted blue-green. It was very, very strange. We had to resist the urge to hum the theme from "The Twilight Zone." I don't know if this actually means anything. I didn't seem to hit it off with the roomate, and my friend has been telling me how her relationship is starting to fail. Oh well...

I've had déjà vu so many times in my life that it almost seems routine when it happens. I'll be sitting around, and then there's this five-second window where I get the distinct feeling that I've experienced that [i]exact[/i] moment before (whether in a dream or somewhere else). I've probably had about 12-15 such experiences in my life that I can recall. My memory isn't very good, so there might be more that I'm forgetting lol.

[quote name='boxybrown305][COLOR=DarkRed']No freaky preminitions like that ever hapened to me, but once i stayed up all night, and the next day i was halucinating. i don't remember what i saw, but i was in my room, and it made me not want to leave. i just took a nap and i was fine. My mom says the same thing happens to her if she doesn't get enough sleep, so maybe it's genetic. i just have to be sure i get enough sleep i guess :animestun [/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1] I use to have sleeping problems so I would get hallucinations all the time. Arn't those so wierd? As far as visions go though, the night my brother-in-law died on his motorcycle it was raining and I had a wierd feeling in my stomache. It was like someone punched me, I always get those feelings when I feel something bad is going to happen and I'm usually right. It was raining also, and the night just seemed so creepy. I don't know if thats what you call a "Vision" but I definately get wierd feelings and even my friends find it odd. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I've had that kind of Déjà Vu feeling many, many times before but I can distinctly remember stuff from my dreams happening in the future, sort of precognition. I have only ever once had a kind of "vision" during my waking hours happen, or at least will happen [that I know for sure] and that involves telephones in my late granduncle's house. [/SIZE]

mmmmmm...... I have deja vu so often, I sometimes think Im just weird. I always get this sinking feeling when it happens. Ill just be sitting on the bus talking when suddenly BAM, Deja vu. The first time I can remember was when I was seven years old. My neighboorhood was in the middle of a big water gun fight. I was in my back yard refilling my huge gun. As I lugged the thing out of the backyard, I suddenly stopped. I saw myself standing there in the 3rd person and the first thing to hit me was, "didn't this just happen last week?" I was totaly convinced that this had happened before. I was so stunned, I just walked back inside. I hadn't had a water gun fight at all that year, but the next weak we did, and as I walked out of the backyard I remembered how weird that had felt.

I've never had a dream come true, and Im hoping that my zombies-and-evil-McDonalds-people dream doesn't happen again.

I've had one vision and several dreams that have come true.

The vision was about my brother who had been in a car accident and was in a coma. When my Mom was driving us to the hospital to visit him. I saw an vision of a person being taken out of a hospital room in a black body bag. 10 minutes later when we arrived at the hosiptal we found out that my brother had died at almost the exact time I saw the vison. I was young and thought that somehow I had killed him because of my vision. It took a while for my Mom and the doctors to explain to me that I couldn't possibly be responsible.

A few years later my grandmother was really sick and in the hospital. At the time they expected her to recover. She had even been moved from the hospital to my Aunt's house to finish recovering. A few nights after she was at my Aunt's house I dreamed that I was there visiting her. In the dream my grandma got out of bed and told me that it was time for her to leave. I tried to get her to lay back down but she started floating in the air and literally flew through the wall of the house as if she was a ghost. I ran to the window and jumped out to follow her. My gradma turned around when I called to her to stop. She then told me tell everyone that she loved them. She then flew up into the sky until I could no longer see her. I was yelling at her to come back in the dream when I woke up. I found out later that day that my grandma had passed away during the night.

I have had a few other dreams that came true, but none of them were as shocking as the vision of my brother and the dream of my grandmother.

My friend had a vision today. There is this girl he knows that he has apparently been trying to hook up with or something, (I only know through his conversations through my other friend). Apperently the girl just got a new boyfriend. My friend said that last night he had a dream where she had killed him, and on the dagger she killed him with it said "I love B" but the rest was cut of by the blood.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond]Déjà vu can be a blessing as well as freakishly terrifying. Usually, whenever I've had the vu in the past, it had never lasted more than about 5 seconds or so. Then last year, I had the most vivid and longest lasting vu ever. I was walking down the hallway of my school when all of a sudden, like a car wreck, déjà vu strikes. It was so vivid and seemingly like a memory that I was actually able to predict to myself what was going to happen before it happened. I forget what or how it was triggered, but it went something similar to this (- indicates my thought, * indicates an action):

- The person to my right will slam her locker shut, causing herself to drop her books.
* Girl to my right shuts her locker and then drops her books.

* I look to my left, and see one of my friends coming my way.
* He says "It's all your fault."

- He's going to say it again, but this time he'll point.
* "It's all your fault," he says, extending his arm and index finger to point at me.

* I begin to walk through a section where two hallways intersect.

- There's going to be a group of boys that walk in front of me, from the right, laughing.
* A large group of boys walk out in front of me from the right. All of a sudden, they burst out into laughter.

- That girl at her locker is going to wave to me.
* A girl I know is standing at her locker. As I approach, she waves to me.

It went on like this for over thirty seconds, though it seemed like minutes. Time had somehow slowed down. The air I was walking through seemed to have turned into water. I was confused and wanted it to stop. I knew what was going to happen about a half second before it actually happened, as if it were a video game level that I had played a million times before.

My theory is that the subconscious mind picks up on hints, clues, and events that are happening around you that the conscious mind is too busy to bother paying attention to. The mind then analyses these events and arranges them into the most probable and logical outcome. It usually prevents these precognitive simulations from surfacing, but sometimes these thoughts do arise, not as thoughts, though, but as memories. It could be paralleled to human instincts. The ability to sense certain situations before they actually occur, if, in fact, they do or will occur.

I've read studies on the issue of the subconscious mind and its abilities. It's said that the subconscious mind absorbs all stimuli that it ever experiences or senses. Such stimuli could range from books read, to food eaten, to even dreams created. Anything that you see, no matter how many or how few times you've seen it, even if it's just a flash, such as a single fame of a movie, is instantly ingrained into your subconscious. Everything you've ever experienced is stored inside your brain. Recalling or remembering these items is a completely different matter altogether, and is the job of the conscious brain.

What I'm trying to say is that the mind is a really strange thing and Déjà vu is freaky.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Why was your friend saying "its all your fault?"

Also, the weirdest times are when I have Deja vu about what I am thinking. I might be staring out of a bus window thinking, "I gotta finish cleaning my room", whem BAM it hits. I once had deja vu 3 times in one week while staring out the bus window.

I've had some pretty bizarre moments...

I can tell intimate details of someone's dreams. I think I've walked into dreams before. >.>;; I didn't remember the dream, but once my mom started to describe it, I could fill in details like the style of house, the side things were on, colour of cars, etc.

I also hear voices. I know, crazy-sounding, huh? But, seriously, I got a five-minute lecture from a shadow in front of my window. Mebbe it was because I'd just awoken. ^^;; Or crazy.

[quote name='ThatOneOddDude']Why was your friend saying "its all your fault?"[/quote][font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]I don't know why he was saying that. It just adds to the strangeness of it all. It made it very vision-esque, as if he was foretelling an unseen future. Maybe I'm just looking into this way to much.[/color][/size][/font]

Personally, I think you're all just insane lol. I've been in situations where I'm like "this is somewhat familiar", but that's not really what deja vu is. It would have to be exactly the same to qualify and really, how often does that happen? Never?

As for the visions stuff, I think you guys need more sleep and better nutrition. That or you're taking hallucinogens and aren't telling us.

Anyway! :animestun

[QUOTE=Generic NPC #3]Personally, I think you're all just insane lol. I've been in situations where I'm like "this is somewhat familiar", but that's not really what deja vu is. It would have to be exactly the same to qualify and really, how often does that happen? Never?

As for the visions stuff, I think you guys need more sleep and better nutrition. That or you're taking hallucinogens and aren't telling us.

Anyway! :animestun[/QUOTE]

For one thing, this thread isn't even about deju vu. It was somehow transformed into that XD

And there are numerous ways to hallucinate. Like I said for me, I think I was having a heat stroke.