OtakuBoards

Met any stars?

Stuart

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Well earlier today I was given the news that Seth Mcfarlane, The man we all know as the creator of "Family guy" and the up coming "American dad", Is going to be HERE! In Burlington Vermont and lucky me, I live a 30 mintue drive away from there. He's going to be putting on a show at the Universty of Vermont this thursday. Tickets are on sale and my friends mom is hopefully going up to buy them tomorrow or tonight. It's really exciting to think that I could be meeting one of the most genius minds I know of. I've been spamming this to my friends all day. Someone also told me that they anouced this on [adult swim] just last night, Anyone see it?

Anyways as I sit here day dreaming about Seth Mcfarlane a good idea for a thread discussion popped into my head [B]"Hey why not make a thread about if anyone has met someone big, and who they'd want to meet"[/B] (It sounded better in my head) Thus this thread is born[/COLOR]

oh well, guess it depends on hwat your idea of a star is, I've played lots of acoustic shows with people I think are awesome, they seem to be pretty popular, but idk if you could call them stars, The Spill Canvas, rookie of the year, etc. Most of the people I've met are musicians. It actually happens randomly rather then trying to actually meet someone. I'd like to meet lots of people, these are mostly musicians as well lol. Could you imagine getting guitar lessons from someone like lenny kravitz, or carlos santana or something, it would be amazing.

[color=blue][size=1]Well, I've met George Lopez before. Well.. he didn't talk to me, but he was talking to my mom and I was right there, so meh.

I've always wanted to meet the Blink 182 boys (Tom DeLounge, Mark Hoppus, Travis Barker). That would kick ***! And of course, I'd like to meet the elusive Stuie Van Gogh. ^_~[/size][/color]

I've met Peter Jackson, of LOTR fame, before, on a train either going to, or leaving, Arthur's Pass. At the time I met him, he was filming The Frighteners.

That was pretty cool, I heard that he was thinking of doing a film version of LOTR while travelling on a train... I wonder...

Though amusing, we need to make sure we add a little more substance to responses in this thread. Please share with us what turn of events lead you to meet the stars you list. Oh and Justin, looking in the mirror doesn't count...unless a celebrity is standing behind you. :p

I have met some stars during the travels in my life. I've crossed paths with lots of voice actors and people in the anime, gaming and comic book industry. I also met Steve Largent back in the 80's when he was still playing football with the Seattle Seahawks. I went to their training camp and he saw my brother and 2 of my cousins watching them practice. After they were done he came over to sign autographs and pose for pictures with us. It was really sweet of him to do that for us.

I, for some strange reason, have the ability to make friends with people who are related to famous people. For instance. Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons and Furturama, his cousin is a family friend. When she tells family stories it's interesting to hear stories about her Uncle Homer and Aunt Margaret (not Marge, she hates being called Marge!).

I also hung out with Jack Black's little sister at their dad's house. Jack's sister rocks, she is an anime fan. It's weird going into the bathroom since that is where the "shrine" to Jack is at in the house. He wanted it that way. Pictures of Jack and even one of Tenacious D gold records hangs by the door. Nothing like using the facilities and having Jack Black watching you. :animeblus

Oh, one of my friends is now working as the sport newscaster at a television station in Spokane, Washington! His name is Derek Deis. Does he count as a star? He's on television so that should count for something!

[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=SlateGray]Well, Nancy Kerrigan is a friend of the familes. We once saw her in Cape Cod many years ago. I wasn't really interested, because I was playing "Super Mario Land" on my Game Boy. And I had no idea who she was at the time. A while later, mom and I saw her at the Stoneham skating arena. My mom's a scating teacher, and she had some things to do. Nancy was on the ice, practicing, and we came down to say hello. Nancy was happy to see us(This was one year after the...incident. You know, WACK! WACK!) . I was messmerized. So I babbled anything to came to mind. So I asked her what it was like being on "That show my mom and dad watch at night" (SNL. Back when it was fuuny.) She said it was great, and the cast was terriffic. "Like that guy who sings silly songs, and the skinny guy, and the big fat guy who breaks things?" Nancy laughed and said, "Oh, Adam, Rob, and Chris? Their great! Chris was always horsing around backstage. " We havn't seen her in a long time. I also met the lovely Traci Lords once at a con. She's even prettier in person. "Kill any aliens lately?" I aksed. "Not this week." She said. But sitting down the table from her, was the man himeself, David Carridine. You know, Bill from "Kill Bill". And he looked at me. I gave him the thumbs up, and he nodded , and returned it. THAT WAS SO COOL. I also met, Dominic Keating from "Star Trek: Enterprise." I couldn't think of a good question to ask him. We got to say hi to Buffy's Nicholis Brandon (I hate that show. Amutuers. Give me Blade, D, or Alucard.) . And I remember once, I was at a con, where there was this lovely girl dressed as a pink fairy. I opened a door for her, and she turns and says "Well, aren't you a gentlemen." "My pleasure." I replied. I found out later looking at the guest list, that she was Hudson Leik. (Callisto from Herculese, and Xena.) I had no idea it was her.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Okay, I'm gonn feel really silly writing this but... I met Bill Nye the Science Guy Before!!! :animeswea I don't remember it because I was like 5, but my sis has an autographed poster. My aunt also said hi to Jamal from "Ghostwriter." That show was so funny! I just hope I meet some stars in the Future...

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I don't think everyone saw it but in my opening post I said that you could post [B]"Who you'd like to meet?" [/B] also. Give some reaons as to why.[/COLOR]
[quote name='celestialcharm']Okay, I'm gonn feel really silly writing this but... I met Bill Nye the Science Guy Before!!![/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]That is the best one I've heard so far. It's to bad you don't remember it. I'd love to meet that guy. I remember watching that show every day after school in the second grade. That man was my idol through most of elementary school. My friends would sometimes give me the nickname "Bill Nye" because I was such a fan of that show and I was a wiz kid when it came to Science. Couldn't of done it without good ol' Bill.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Bloodseeker']Does Stone Cold Steve Austin count?[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Yep. He sure does.[/COLOR]

This is so cool, because just a few weeks ago I met Elisha Cuthbert on a train. She had just finished a scene for the movie house of wax. We spoke shortly and she seems like a very nice person. She even gave me her autograph it was awesome. By the way if you don?t know who Elisha Cuthbert is ill give you some titles she?s been in. She was on the show 24, she was in Old School, and my favorite The Girl Next Door. Anyway I?ve babbled on to much lol

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Well I haven't actually [i]met[/i] any stars though I did come very close to bumping into one (literally). I was at a Broadway show (can't think of the title right now) and during the intermission, I was going to get something to drink. I turned the corner of the stairs without looking and almost walked straight into Denzel Washington. I didn't recognize him at first but my dad did and told me after he walked by. Thinking back on it now, I sort of wish I did walk into him, just to say I did ;)[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue] [/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]As for who I'd like to meet, there's one person who comes to mind right away - Shigeru Miyamoto. I have been a huge fan of the Zelda series for some time now and Super Mario Bros was one of the first games I ever played. This man is a genius and I'd love to meet him.[/color][/font]

The only person I have met is the author of the Shannara series Terry Brooks. He turned out to be a really nice guy too. So many people showed up to get their books signed that he stayed an extra four hours in order to meet everyone. I was really glad he did as I was near the end of the line and wouldn't have gotten to met him if he hadn't stayed.

[quote name='Lord Revan']By the way if you don?t know who Elisha Cuthbert is ill give you some titles she?s been in. She was on the show 24, she was in Old School, and my favorite The Girl Next Door.[/quote]

I remember her more for Popular Mechanics for Kids.

I am extremely jealous of the person that met Bill Nye. I would love to meet him. A former classmate of mine actually became one of the kids for the show after doing a Tide commercial with him. If memory serves right...

I haven't met many celebrities really...
I went as a volunteer with the special needs program in my school to a miniature special olympics once. We met a bunch of athletic personalities, but since I'm not into sports the only ones I can remember are [B]Darryl Sittler[/B] and a WWE Wrestler named [B]Taz, or Tez or something[/B].

I've talked to [B]Sugar Baby[/B] and saw [B]Carlos[/B] from YTV (a Canadian TV network that helped make Reboot, Beast Wars and other great shows. One of the only sources for Anime on TV in Canada) but Sugar didn't talk to me. Either what I said was too weird or she was in a hurry. ^^;; Since I was a geek, I wont repeat what I said. bwheheheh.

I guess Convention Guests don't count. ^^;; Scott McNeil heh. Hugged Atsuko Enomoto... etc.

Other than that, a girl from Degrassi the Next Generation went to the same school as me, but I didn't see her much.

-ArV

[size=1]I've met [b]Matt Bellamy[/b], lead singer and guitarist from the band [b]Muse[/b] three times and had a conversation with him each time. I also met [b]Chris Wolstenholme and Dominic Howard[/b] from [b]Muse[/b]... the bassist and drummer. The conversations I had with them were a bit shorter as they were in a hurry each time, but all members were extremely down to earth and not... glam.

Then there's [b]Alex K[/b] from [b]Franz Ferdinand[/b]. Didn't have a chat with him or anything, though. I just ran up to him without realising there was a line for autographs and when the groupies behind me were about to slaughter me for doing so, I just said 'whoops, sorry' and he winked at me, lol. I was standing two feet away from him, though, so all is well.

Yeah. I walked past members of [b]Modest Mouse[/b], [b]the Killers[/b], [b]Taking Back Sunday[/b] and [b]Interpol[/b], but didn't approach them or anything. The other members of Franz Ferdinand let groupies into their tour bus, but I was too busy waiting for Muse outside theirs, lol.

Ummm.... [b]Robin Williams[/b] and [b]Whoopi Goldberg[/b] live three blocks down from my house. I saw his wife [...or daughter, young enough to be] inside once while I was out jogging if that counts for anything. Then a bunch of bands like [b]Sugarcult[/b], [b]Anberlin[/b],[b]Hawthorne Heights[/b] and [b]Plain White Ts[/b] at this small gig thing, but I didn't exactly know who was in which band, so... heh. They were getting high/having sex with their other 14-16 year old fans backstage anyway.

I think that's it.[/size]

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]I met Tony Hawk at a skating exhibition that my cousin wanted to go to. As far as celebrities go, though, nothing will top this...

[img]http://shinmaru.250free.com/MyLordAndMaster.JPG[/img]

:cool:[/QUOTE]

:rotflmao:

[size=1]Was that at Anime Expo? At the '03 one, there was a girl dressed as Padme with two storm troopers. She was like, identical to Natalie Portman...[/size]

[quote name='Juuthena][size=1']Was that at Anime Expo? At the '03 one, there was a girl dressed as Padme with two storm troopers. She was like, identical to Natalie Portman...[/size][/quote]

Yeah, that was at Anime Expo last year. We were running to a different room, and then I spotted The Dark Lord of the Sith and made my sister take a picture of Darth and I.

Getting a picture with someone who looked like Natalie Portman would be pretty great, though. :(

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]Yeah, that was at Anime Expo last year. We were running to a different room, and then I spotted The Dark Lord of the Sith and made my sister take a picture of Darth and I.

Getting a picture with someone who looked like Natalie Portman would be pretty great, though. :([/QUOTE]

[size=1]Haha. I think I've got the picture lying around in one of my CDs. I just took it of her and the troopers, though. It'd have been quite a feat to be able to stand next to someone just thaaaat pretty. ._.;

Oh yeah, and my dad and I were supposed to have dinner with Arnold Schwkasjdlksajd... our governatohr and this Korean ambassador, lol. Buuuut we'll be in Amsterdam having dinner with the mayor or someone important along that line. I'm glad we don't have to, actually. [/size]