Picchick Posted April 19, 2009 Posted April 19, 2009 My first manga was Rave Master and I am still reading this series. I'm on volume 33. It really is amazing how much I've read^-^
Ghiest1 Posted April 25, 2009 Posted April 25, 2009 Mine was a costumed hero one, I could not read it, but liked the pictures, my uncle sent it over when he was staioned in Okinawa, along with a bunch of Japanese transformer toys:) I still have 2 of the toys, the manga alas did not survive my many moves as a kid><.
UnpredictableEd Posted April 26, 2009 Posted April 26, 2009 Well, i don't read alot of manga. I mostly watch the anime. However, I think the first one that i read was either Gravitation or Girl got Game. My library had just made a shelf with manga so, I picked one up. The artwork looked interesting so, I borrowed it. As much as I was reading the manga, I was looking to find certain characters or panels that I thought I could draw. Of course, once I started reading them, I couldn't stop. But once I did, I'd look through it again and try to draw some of the characters. It actually got me interested in drawing anime. I would go to the library and look through random manga. If I thought I could actually draw something in it, I borrowed it. :animesmil
pikaquil Posted April 28, 2009 Posted April 28, 2009 Mine was Pokemon red, I know lame, but when I was into Pokemon I used to get every Pokemon book, when I found a backwards one I researched on it and here I am today.
kuenka Posted May 3, 2009 Posted May 3, 2009 Well... the very first manga i read was naruto but the manga that open my eyes was evangelion -_-
kamioMisuzu Posted May 14, 2009 Posted May 14, 2009 Cowboy Bebop because my older brother had it and said I could borrow it. Yup.
HopefulOTaKu Posted August 7, 2009 Posted August 7, 2009 The first manga i ever read was Clamp School Detectives. A friend of mine pushed me to read it and it only took a chapter before i was addicted ^-^
ss2Serren Posted August 16, 2009 Posted August 16, 2009 I believe my first one was Berserk if not that hajime no Ippo. I remember looking at the anime and once it was finished i was hot and wanted to see more. Then a friend of mine told me that it went further in the manga so then i began to read them.
James P. Galvatron Posted August 21, 2009 Posted August 21, 2009 My first manga I read was I think either Inuyasha or Cowboy Beebop. One of which I still enjoy to this day I'll let you guess which one.
WaterUmi Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 My First Manga was Magic Knight Rayearth. I was walking by a bookshop one day and I saw it in the window:animeknow, And I Had to Buy it right then and there LOL. 9 year later I still have it and read it all the time...:catgirl:
tyke46 Posted October 23, 2009 Posted October 23, 2009 i started reading one piece online after i ran out of episodes to watch on the anime program and couldn't wait to find out what happened next. I loved it.
DestinyAi Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 [SIZE=1]I'm pretty sure it was a Shonen Jump comic my friend lent me a few years ago. She lent it to my sister first, but then I was looking at it on the bus. The first story in there that I read was Naruto, so I guess that would be my first.[/SIZE]
zuisa Posted November 28, 2009 Posted November 28, 2009 I'm actually just reading my first manga now (I'm a video game nerd who somehow never got into anime/manga - I'm working on it now!!) and at the prompting of my best friend (who is a huge manga fan) I am reading Red River.
bridgetbruston Posted December 5, 2009 Posted December 5, 2009 My first manga I have read was Fushigi Yugi. Fushigi Yugi is an eighteen volume manga series which i like most.
Xyandar Posted December 5, 2009 Posted December 5, 2009 My First manga series I read was the .Hack/ series. It was an amazing series that I got right into. Unfortunately it was only 3 mangas long :(
HopscotchEyelid Posted May 8, 2010 Posted May 8, 2010 [B][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed]If I remember correctly it was Shaman King, but possibly Naruto. It was in the first "Shonen Jump" I had (no previous reading of Manga), I remember drawing Yoh Asakura referenced from the midway page that was usually a colored poster type picture with the logo and the characters posing they put in every manga. At that time though I was rather obssessed with Naruto and Shaman King, but can't remember which of the two I read first.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
James P. Galvatron Posted May 9, 2010 Posted May 9, 2010 my first manga I got into I believe was Eyeshield 21 because I thought the concept of a football manga was pretty cool.
Humaru Posted May 10, 2010 Posted May 10, 2010 I was always interested in anime and manga but really didn't get into a manga fully until my friend Zen got me started on Naruto. All props go to him for really getting me started in manga. But Naruto was my first true manga. It instantly caught my eye and I wanted to read more.
HopefulOTaKu Posted May 23, 2010 Posted May 23, 2010 Tokyo Mew Mew, at the time it seemed alot better than it does now XD
rotlung Posted May 25, 2010 Posted May 25, 2010 I had a real problem with maga due to right to left reading (still do for that matter) However when a friend showed me a site that let me view it on my comp I actually sat down and read through. BTW it was One Piece (my fav anime) I also noticed several things were differant from the very beginning of the series. I also found out that a few of the adventures were filler and it really opened my eyes to a lot that anime does.
Nya Nya!~ Posted July 29, 2010 Posted July 29, 2010 [font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][b][color="#800080"]Fruits Basket. [/color][/b][/size][/font]
xaos Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 I have fuzzy memory on what the first manga I read is but I believe it was Naruto actually. The first manga I owned is Samurai Deeper Kyo... I think. It might have been Ranma. >< Darn it I'm not that old why can't I remember clearly? But anyways it was either Samurai Deeper Kyo or Ranma that were the first manga I ever owned.
The Tentacle Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 My first manga was Dirty Pair: A Plague Of Angels by Adam Warren. Â DP was the first series I really got into. Â It was followed closely by Battle Angel Alita by Yukito Kishiro and No Need For Tenchi by Hitoshi Okudo.
RainbowSneakers Posted August 16, 2010 Posted August 16, 2010 This first Manga I read was Vampire Knight... I stopped reading it for a long time... and now I'm reading it agian. -.-
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now