OtakuBoards

What was your first manga?

Filipinorocker1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was a costumed hero one, I could not read it, but liked the pictures, my uncle sent it over when he was staioned in Okinawa, along with a bunch of Japanese transformer toys:) I still have 2 of the toys, the manga alas did not survive my many moves as a kid><.

Well, i don't read alot of manga. I mostly watch the anime.

However, I think the first one that i read was either Gravitation or Girl got Game. My library had just made a shelf with manga so, I picked one up. The artwork looked interesting so, I borrowed it.
As much as I was reading the manga, I was looking to find certain characters or panels that I thought I could draw. Of course, once I started reading them, I couldn't stop. But once I did, I'd look through it again and try to draw some of the characters.
It actually got me interested in drawing anime. I would go to the library and look through random manga. If I thought I could actually draw something in it, I borrowed it. :animesmil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[SIZE=1]I'm pretty sure it was a Shonen Jump comic my friend lent me a few years ago. She lent it to my sister first, but then I was looking at it on the bus. The first story in there that I read was Naruto, so I guess that would be my first.[/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
I'm actually just reading my first manga now (I'm a video game nerd who somehow never got into anime/manga - I'm working on it now!!) and at the prompting of my best friend (who is a huge manga fan) I am reading Red River.

• 5 months later...
[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed]If I remember correctly it was Shaman King, but possibly Naruto. It was in the first "Shonen Jump" I had (no previous reading of Manga), I remember drawing Yoh Asakura referenced from the midway page that was usually a colored poster type picture with the logo and the characters posing they put in every manga. At that time though I was rather obssessed with Naruto and Shaman King, but can't remember which of the two I read first.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

I was always interested in anime and manga but really didn't get into a manga fully until my friend Zen got me started on Naruto. All props go to him for really getting me started in manga. But Naruto was my first true manga. It instantly caught my eye and I wanted to read more.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a real problem with maga due to right to left reading (still do for that matter) However when a friend showed me a site that let me view it on my comp I actually sat down and read through.

BTW it was One Piece (my fav anime) I also noticed several things were differant from the very beginning of the series. I also found out that a few of the adventures were filler and it really opened my eyes to a lot that anime does.

• 2 months later...
I have fuzzy memory on what the first manga I read is but I believe it was Naruto actually. The first manga I owned is Samurai Deeper Kyo... I think. It might have been Ranma. >< Darn it I'm not that old why can't I remember clearly? But anyways it was either Samurai Deeper Kyo or Ranma that were the first manga I ever owned.

• 3 weeks later...