Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest FearTheFluffy
Posted
First manga... hm... I don't remember but the first one I bought was InuYasha volume 9 which turned out to have the very first ep. I had ever seen in it lol. :catgirl:
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=darkblue]Fair warning to keep posts on topic and to put forth the proper effort. I wouldn't want to have to close this, heh. ^^;[/color]
Posted
The first manga I read was volume 21 of Ranma 1/2. I was at a friends house and she had it out so I picked it up and started reading. I liked it so I went back and started on volume 1.
Posted
My First manga was "Gakuya Ura Ouji" by Sakurakouji Kanoko (a story of a Kabuki dancer and a high school girl)
It's a shoujo manga ^ ^!
I really like her art and her stories ^ ^ ! It's always romantic and makes your heartbeat faster LOL.
Guest Kaylah
Posted
My first manga was Alice 19th. I loved it! The artwork and storyline was so great! After reading just the first volume I was hooked! Yuu Watase did a really good job!(My avatar is Alice! :animesmil )
Posted
My very first manga was Ranma 1/2... I don't care very much for it now but at the time it was the only anime I knew of (I was... probably 9 years old when I bought it).

Weird thing was the first volume I bought was volume 10... I was just so happy to see something Ranma 1/2 related I picked it up :animesmil At the time the humor sufficed, but now that I look back on the manga I really don't think it was all THAT amusing...

After that I started collecting Fushigi Yuugi and then Tenchi Muyo... :catgirl:
Posted
My first? Oh, our first...the one we already remember as the basis for all comparison... :animeknow

I think it was Cowboy Bebop. I seem to remember getting the Shooting Star story, but perhaps it was after I started on Ragnarok. It's hard to say. :animestun
Posted
My first manga was Furuba...(a.k.a Fruits Basket)...I think...I've read a lot since....Or maybe it was D.N.Angel...or could it be....hmmm This could take a while... :animestun
Guest Adamaro
Posted
my first manga was in chinese and i dont kno the name of it in english but my first english one was love hina or negima i cant remember they sort of blend together with all the Manga i read, i've known how to speak and read chinese and english since i was 4 :animeknow
Posted
my first manga was Inuyasha because I watched the show every day. But after I got started on those I started with Naruto, then my friend got me playing the Initial D game in the arcade and then he got me watching the T.V. show and now I am buying the manga for that
Posted
[quote name='joshdude89']my first manga was Inuyasha because I watched the show every day. But after I got started on those I started with Naruto, then my friend got me playing the Initial D game in the arcade and then he got me watching the T.V. show and now I am buying the manga for that[/quote]

I have been hearing that Naurto is a good manga...why is it so good? I mean I haven't read it yet but I will soon. :animesmil
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Mine would a been a two sided deal cause I read both books at the same time they were Tenchi Muyo, & Naruto I Liked Tenchi cause if all the humor, & perverteness in the book, & Naruto cause well Ninjas are cool and crazt things keep the book good
Guest derelict slayer
Posted
ine was chrono crusade, that was what basically put anime in my system, and then love hina puts the cra in crazy... :animeknow
Posted
[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]The first manga DBZ,

I can't say that it was instant attraction because it wasn't. I guess that it was all the generations and the weird charaters that got me. However at the time I was into aliens vs. preditor stuff.

Yeah I know, typical.

On a lighter note I got more involved with the manga stuff when one of friends introduced a much more better manga called Ghost in the Shell.

Now, that my friend was instant attraction.[/font][/color][/size]
Guest darkmoonfox
Posted
hmmm... This is a rather hard one^^ To tell you the truth...I can't remember that far backXDlol. how sad...But I do believe that it was magic knight rayearth...i believe about fourth grade as well....That or it was saloir moon(all of them) in 2nd and 3rd gradeXD
Posted
Hmm, my first mangas would be Ragnarok and MegaTokyo. Closely followed by Full Metal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Hana-Kimi, Angel Sanctuary, and Saiyuki. Still, I'm fairly new to the world of manga, only having really getting attached to Fruits Basket and Saiyuki over the summer, and I'm always interested in any good suggestions from others and whats good and whats not.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kite1989
Posted
Well my fist manga was splet between two.(I got both at the same time) Full Metal Panic and Azumanga Daioh.
Posted
Hmmmm...*strokes chin* I believe mine was Demon Diary, but when Hastings didn't have any more volumes ( it stoped after volume 4) my friend got me onto Gravitation, since then I would constanly go from straight to shonen-ai manga's...

But my very first 'official' anime i watch was Cowboy Bebop...I came upon it by mistake one day then started to watch it everytime it came on Saturdays ;) .
Guest Dionythicus
Posted
It was Hellsing. Haven't finished the series yet. I've moved on to Tarot Cafe, Fake and Bizenghast, with a side order of Under The Glass Moon.
Posted
Mine was...hmm...
oh,yeah it was GALs, then I moved on to Prince of Tennis.
well those are the first 2 i read. then i went on some other mangas.I read a lot of shoujo mangas back then. yup.
Guest kunoichi
Posted
Yay, my first post! ^^

I remember my first manga...it was Sailor Moon. XD I remember I used to watch it on TV with my stepbrother, and then we went to a flea market in town (I lived in Crestview, FL at the time...I don't remember how old I was. I may have been in like the second grade...) and I saw it. I begged my mom to let me get it, and she finally caved. I was so confused at first because it was so different, but I still liked it.

I've grown out of Sailor Moon now, and on to things like Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, DNAngel, xXxHolic, Saiyuki, Naruto, GetBackers, King of Bandit Jing...it's amazingf how your tastes change.
Posted
My first...hmm...If I remember correctly, mine was Love Hina. So, naturally, I fell in love with manga. I was already going through anime, so whats one more obsession, right? I spend all my hard earned money on the stuff, so now I'm almost always broke 24-7 from manga, anime, and computer stuff. My collection has grown from one Love Hina.

4 Love Hina
2 Negima
1 Inuyasha
2 Onegai Teacher
1 Trigun
2 MegaTokyo *not sure if it counts, but what the heck*
2 Chobits
2 Real Bout Highschool

Gotta love the stuff. Im not even going to get into my anime collection. :animesigh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...