wayofthreversed Posted December 12, 2005 Posted December 12, 2005 My first maga was Shaman king. I got it at the beginning of the summer. I had already seen most of the anime and thought that I should start to read the manga and see if it was different from the anime.It was.
Guest absent_mind Posted December 14, 2005 Posted December 14, 2005 [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Courier New]I must say, my first manga was Sailor Moon... oh yeah. Old school[/FONT][/B] :animeknow [/COLOR] [/SIZE]
SilverAngelZero Posted December 14, 2005 Posted December 14, 2005 My first was Love Hina. I really was not in to read manga till my friend asked me to read this. I just love the last two volumes because they add things that aren't in the show.
Blood Angel Posted December 22, 2005 Posted December 22, 2005 my first manga was Hellsing, and what sweet one it is... :D
cyborg715 Posted December 23, 2005 Posted December 23, 2005 Mine was rurouni kenshin man i still love that comic!! :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil
RedSkyCoffee Posted December 29, 2005 Posted December 29, 2005 [size=1] I donno if you ever herd of this manga before or not but the first I've ever read was Kare Kano [/size]
Samsara Posted December 29, 2005 Posted December 29, 2005 I haven't been into Manga that long, but my first was Naruto Vol. 1.
Sayuri-sama Posted January 2, 2006 Posted January 2, 2006 My first manga was Sailor Moon and Inuyasha!!! YAY YA!!!
kitsuyasha Posted January 3, 2006 Posted January 3, 2006 my first monga was hellsing i was always wanting to read a vampire monga so i got one.
the_sixth_child Posted January 6, 2006 Posted January 6, 2006 Yu-Gi-Oh! vol. 1...then I got into better series...good series...FMA, YuYu Hakusho, D.N.Angel, Evangelion and others... :catgirl:
Iyouri-chan Posted January 7, 2006 Posted January 7, 2006 my first manga was MARS and I've been hooked ever since :D i startd liking anime ever since
cherry blossom4 Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 [COLOR=Red]my first manga was Hellsing. i heard about it and it sounded really exciting so i just HAD to read it. I thought it so good that i bought 2 more just 2 days later. i just got volume 6 yesterday. now i have volumes 1-6. :p [/COLOR]
tomieharley Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 It started over a year ago when I first got into reading mangas. I found one, called Under the Glass Moon, in the box office (I was working at a movie theater at the time) and since I had nothing else better to do, I read it during my shift. This series unfortunately never got finished or is no longer available in America as far as I know, because only two volumes have come out since then which sucks. I really don't know how to describe the plot of the series except its characters are heavily gothic looking and magicians live among normal people in that universe. It also has some yaoi (I think that's correct term for boy and boy coupling) themes going on in it. Anyway, I found out it belonged to one of my coworkers who was seriously into manga and loaned me several others, including Mars, Paradise Kiss, Marmalade Boy, and Kodocha. Paradise Kiss drew me in because I found myself relating to the main character's problems with guys, parents, and the infinite question 'why are we here?', and Mars because of the artwork and plot. After that, I've been hooked ever since, not to mention seriously broke at the end of every month. :animecry:
Hiniku Posted August 8, 2007 Posted August 8, 2007 My first manga was Fruits Basket. Didn't know that mangas exsist until I worked in a book store and it was hard not to notice them on the way to the break room (they have two different areas for them depending on the age level of them and there are a couple displays in other areas of the store). It was also the introduction to the anime/manga world beyond sailor moon, dbz, and pokemon. (A little limited when you are in a country that you don't speak the language and books that I can read I have to order on line.) Since then my little collection has grown alot and have been introducing them to the poeple around me. :D:catgirl:
.:[ Revy ]:. Posted August 8, 2007 Posted August 8, 2007 My very first manga was a series called Maico 2010... Strange, funny, boobies and action! Haha, easily my favorite first series.
Udon Posted August 22, 2007 Posted August 22, 2007 My first series was Cowboy Bebop and FLCL. I bought it off a small vendor in the mall (like those vendors where they dont have a building).
mangamaniack21 Posted August 23, 2007 Posted August 23, 2007 megaman nt warrior of course! how could i not get my fave aniem in maga form?! i found it by accident though which is kinda funny if u think about it. i had trouble reading it backwards at first but i got used to it lol ^^. and i enjoyed it like heck!!! was great!!![COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][INDENT][SIZE="2"][B]mangamaniack21[/B], please improve your posts. Correct spelling, good grammar and capitalization as well as punctuation just make it easier for others to understand your posts. ~Aaryanna[/SIZE][/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]
Andy Posted August 24, 2007 Posted August 24, 2007 [FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Naruto, yeah, I mainly just watched anime. But the more I got into Naruto, the more I wanted to know about it, which thus led to me reading the manga. Huzzah.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Magus Posted August 25, 2007 Posted August 25, 2007 [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]^ Same here. First manga was [b]Naruto[/b]. I would go so far to say that I've became addicted to it at one point, but as soon as I saw it on Toonami for the 1st time, and as soon as I started reading [b]Bleach[/b] my interest in Naruto grew very thin. (I even stopped reading it at one point as well.) I still read it, but I don't follow it as much though.[/COLOR]
Aberinkula Posted August 26, 2007 Posted August 26, 2007 [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"].Hack Twighlight. The one with the picture of Rena and Miriel in the hot springs. yeah, that one. <3[/COLOR]
Laborpilot86 Posted August 26, 2007 Posted August 26, 2007 Gunsmith Cats. I'm not very fond of manga for some reason, especially if they are published right-to-left format. I grew up with and still read a lot of American comics, so I'm used to left-to-right.
xPromise Posted September 13, 2007 Posted September 13, 2007 First manga was Sailor Moon, because as a kid, I fell in love with the sailor scouts. And wanted to be just like them, HAH.
miss april Posted September 13, 2007 Posted September 13, 2007 The first manga I read... it's Ranma 1/2! The truth is, I even don't own a manga book except for [spoiler]Culture Crash[/spoiler] a comic book similar to Japanese manga but it is made in the Philippines! :animeswea
Meggido Posted September 13, 2007 Posted September 13, 2007 First manga...well I can't remember which one it was exactly but it was either X by Clamp or .hack//The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. I know I had read the .hack series at a friends place before I bought it and then I only bought the third which is the main reason I'm not sure if I bought that before volume 1 of X.
phantom phan28 Posted December 16, 2007 Posted December 16, 2007 [quote name='SunfallE']I remember the first one I read quite well as it has only been a year. I was watching part of Yu-Gi-Oh and I just couldn't believe it was that stupid. Parts of it just made no sense to me, and since I couldn't get an un-edited version to watch I decided to try reading the Manga books. So I got the first three and I absoutely loved it! So naturally that got me thinking about other anime I had watched and now I have lots of manga books from different series. :animesmil[/QUOTE] Yay! Another Yu-Gi-Oh fan!!!! I started with The Ring. My aunt got me started.(Thank you Aunt Susan!)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now