OtakuBoards

Guild Wars

Drix D'Zanth

It should be noted that there's one Isle I missed. Hunter's Isle. It's really quite fantastic, with a not-quite-full moon, clouds...it definitely feels like some type of stalker's paradise.

There are massive stones strewn about a few of the assault areas--picture one of the areas in front of the outer wall in Warrior's or Wizard's Isle, only with huge rocks littering the landscape...once I'm able to post pics, this will make more sense, I think.

Basically, the area seems especially tailored for Rangers...which makes sense, I think, given the title. There are a lot of higher ground sniping positions, and the boulders strewn about work as cover for attackers, I'd imagine.

Wizard's Isle is ideal for spellcasters...nice wide open, depressed courtyards surrounded by walkways...prime space to confine enemies with AoE spells.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanted to let everyone know I chose my secondary profession, as well as I'm in Searing now for anyone who wants to venture with me. I'm a Necromancer/ Monk now, since James said we needed more Monks, so that is what I chose.

[color=#4B0082]Got some more good stuff to give away, if anyone's interested.[/color]

[color=deepskyblue][b]Mesmer Rune of Major Inspiration Magic[/b][/color]
Upgrade component
[color=deepskyblue]Improves Inspiration Magic
Health -50[/color]

[color=deepskyblue][b]Mesmer Rune of Minor Illusion Magic[/b][/color]
Upgrade component
[color=deepskyblue]Improves Illusion Magic[/color]

[color=deepskyblue][b]Warrior Rune of Minor Absorption[/b][/color]
Upgrade component
[color=deepskyblue]Reduces damage from attacks.[/color]

[color=deepskyblue][b]Hale Staff Head[/b][/color]
Upgrade component
[color=deepskyblue]Health +11[/color]

[color=deepskyblue][b]Staff Wrapping of Enchanting[/b][/color]
Upgrade component
[color=deepskyblue]Enchantments last 11% longer[/color]

[color=deepskyblue][b]Poisoner's Axe Haft[/b][/color]
Upgrade component
[color=deepskyblue]Lengthens Poison duration on foe[/color]

[color=purple][b]Cane[/b][/color]
Chaos Dmg: 8-13 (req. 5 Domination Magic)
[color=purple]Energy +2[/color] (while enchanted)

[color=deepskyblue][b]Focus Item[/b][/color]
Energy +10 (req. 8 Healing Prayers)
[color=deepskyblue]Armor +3[/color] (vs. physical attacks)
[color=deepskyblue]Armor +5[/color] (while casting)

I think the next character I make will be a Mesmer, yes indeed; we need a pirmary Mesmer, badly, it seems.

Anyway, last night was fun. Did a quest with both Desko and Alex, and this was my first time meeting up with Alex. All-in-all, twas fun.

[center][URL=http://img250.echo.cx/my.php?image=gw0696uh.jpg][IMG]http://img250.echo.cx/img250/2549/gw0696uh.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

This is a pic before we left. Desko's character, Amelia, is on the left, Alex's Ms. Ashland is standing, and the one on the right is Mortus Rigor, my character. Snazzy capes, eh?

Okay, I'm listing what I've picked up so far. This may violate OB's rules...but I have a feeling it's okay for the purposes of this thread. If not...*offers his bum for some good ole fashioned Mod-Rodding*

[center][u][b]ELEMENTALIST[/b][/u]:
[/center]

Water Wand
Cold damage 8-13 (req. 3 Water Magic)

[strike]Fire Wand
Fire damage 8-14 (req. 4 Fire Magic)[/strike]

Earth Wand
Earth damage 6-10 (req. 2 Earth Magic)

[center][u][b]NECROMANCER[/b][/u]:
[/center]

Truncheon
Dark damage 7-10 (req. 2 Blood Magic)

Deadly Cesta
Cold damage 9-16 (req. 8 Death Magic)

[strike][b][color=Purple]Grim Cesta[/color][/b]
Energy +9 (requires 7 Death Magic)
[b][color=Purple] Health +21[/color][/b] (while enchanted)[/strike]

[center][u][b]WARRIOR[/b][/u]:
[/center]
[color=RoyalBlue]
[b]Ornate Buckler[/b][/color]
Armor 10 (req. 6 Tactics)
[color=RoyalBlue][b]Armor +4[/b][/color] (vs. blunt attacks)

[center][u][b]MESMER[/b][/u]:
[/center]

[b][color=RoyalBlue]Mesmer Rune of Minor Inspiration -- [color=black]Make that two Minor Inspiration Runes. Picked another up about 20 minutes ago.[/color][/color][/b]
Upgrade Component
[color=RoyalBlue][b]Improves Inspiration Magic[/b][/color]

[b][color=RoyalBlue]Jeweled Staff[/color][/b]
Energy +7
Chaos damage 7-12 (req. 7 Illusion Magic)
[color=RoyalBlue][b]Quick Recovery from Bleeding[/b][/color]

[center][u][b]The above list requires serious revision. Will re-post in a later post at a later date.[/b][/u]
[/center]

Guest cApNhOwDy
I have Guild Wars. SN is Capn Howdy. Feel free to add me. I dont have much time to play it tho, I work most of the day and I'm usually tired by the time I go home, but I get some free time every so often.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Just got Guild Wars (simply from looking at those screenies.) It's fun. I'm level 9, post-searing. I suck horribly. I'm an Ele./Mes. I've red hair, ponytail, name's [COLOR=Blue]Immortalis Ymber[/COLOR]. [COLOR=Blue]Talys[/COLOR] for short. (long story.) Feel free to add me, or whatever it is you do. I'm almost only playing with those level3 mercenary bot thingies they provide you with. I'm now on almost all the time that I'm not at work, or rennovating.

Adios, all![/FONT]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Just reading through this thread was enough to get me interested in the game. So, I just picked it up yesterday. Due to some internet problems, I wasn't able to start until today. I played for a little bit to check it out though I haven't really gotten too far.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Anyway, my name is Swordsman Petie. I'm really not sure what to do at this point though you did say you were missing a primary warrior. My primary job is a warrior though I'm only at level 2 at this point. I'm really liking the game so far though.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff][b]Edit:[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Changed the name to Petie of Ascalon.[/color][/font]

this game ridiculously rules, doesn't it? my log shows i've played like....32 hours out of the past 4 days. It's beautiful. Even after a major turning point, muahahaahah.. Anyway, keep playin. I'll add you to my Friends list. I'm an Elementalist/Mesmer, and right now I'm level 12. When you catch up, i'll help you with stuff. Until then, have fun!

[center][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Monk Ruin of Minor Smiting Prayers[/COLOR]
Upgrade Component
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Improves Smiting Prayers[/COLOR]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Warrior Rune of Major Axe Mastery[/COLOR]
Upgrade Component
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Improves Axe Mastery
Health - 50[/color]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Axe Grip of Shelter[/COLOR]
Upgrade Component
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Armor + 4[/COLOR] (vs. physical attacks)

[COLOR=SandyBrown]Ebon Giant Slayers Hammer of Warding
Earth Dmg: 13-21[/COLOR] (req. lvl 6 hammer mastery)
[COLOR=SandyBrown]Armor + 6[/COLOR] (vs. elemental attacks)
Two-handed[/center]

got this finally today. loving it already. Is it possible if I'm using a european server to join the otakuboards guild?

Edit: Just got into Old Ascalon. Man this game rocks my world. Anyway my character's name is Salmac Neirat and is a necromancer/elementalist. If it's possible can I be added to the guild?

[color=#4B0082][b]The Time:[/b] Five minutes ago.
[b]The Place:[/b] The Flame Temple Corridor.
[b]The Mission:[/b] Solo every group of charr in the area.
[b]The Result:[/b] Pure ownage.[/color]

[URL=http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soloedflametemplecorridor6sx.jpg][IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2608/soloedflametemplecorridor6sx.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[QUOTE=Meggido]got this finally today. loving it already. Is it possible if I'm using a european server to join the otakuboards guild?

[/QUOTE]
[color=#332E1D][font=franklin gothic medium]I'm afraid that we require all members to be on the American server. Otherwise it's not physically possible to join each other in the game.

You should be able to just switch to the American server pretty easily though.[/color][/font]

Yep. It's as easy as booting up GuildWars, logging in by entering your email and password, then click "Edit Account" at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.

That'll bring you to a variety of options, one of them being "Location," "Area," "Region," something to that effect. Click that, then click the Next button.

It should bring you to two checkboxes, one labeled Europe, the other labeled America. Click the America checkbox, then hit OK, or Next, or whatever it is, heh.

Keep in mind, though, you can only change your region a max of [size=4][u][b]5[/b][/u][/size] times, so be careful. As far as I can tell, ANet isn't easing up on this rule, so don't do things haphazardly. ^_^

Some of what I've said here may be a bit off, because I haven't had to go into Edit Account for a while now--except when I couldn't read my CD key, so now I've got two Pre-order items. The War Pick and Chimeric Prism. Go Gamestop customer service. lol

But overall, I think that's how you'd do it.

EDIT: Oh, and Desi...yeah, man, that's just sick.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...but what happens when the picture is a picture of a few sentences?

[center][URL=http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw4632bs.jpg][IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9673/gw4632bs.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/center]

There are so many things wrong in this situation, so I figured I'd post it as some kind of suggestion. When ya'll enter Ascalon Academy, you should try to be somewhere around level 6 or 7. 5 is pushing it. Anything below 5, you're a dead man, pretty much.

And these four players were in there at Level 2. So...yeah.

Piece of advice: PvP generally is going to hurt if you're fresh out of the womb.

After a two week hiatus at music camp, I am back in the Guild Wars scene. My monk Richard Chambers is almost level sixteen, but he has a bunch of unfinished quests. Something like seventeen of them. If anyone needs some help with earlier quests, give me a ring. I'll be glad to get them out of my log and collect the xp.

Also, my brother deleted his character, so I have an open space to fill. What character class in the guild in need of?

I'm "Xuande Kao" give me a holla'.
Would OB be intersted in facing my MRA guild in a battle?
I'm level 15 War/mo, but i'll be playing as my PvP unless i catch up before we battle ^^.
MRA+Teamspeak=Pure Ownage hehehe.

[QUOTE=Radaghast]After a two week hiatus at music camp, I am back in the Guild Wars scene. My monk Richard Chambers is almost level sixteen, but he has a bunch of unfinished quests. Something like seventeen of them. If anyone needs some help with earlier quests, give me a ring. I'll be glad to get them out of my log and collect the xp.

Also, my brother deleted his character, so I have an open space to fill. What character class in the guild in need of?[/QUOTE]
Mesmers. Definitely Mesmers. Desi has something like 3 or 4 Mesmer runes, plus some weapons. I've got a large handful of Mesmer runes, plus some weapons. We need Primary Mesmers...badly.

[font=tahoma][color=purple]So I spent like four hours in Guild Wars today--perhaps longer. That is something that Annie has never done ^_^;; Anyway, I got bored with playing with my Necro/Mesmer, and decided to do something spicey. And I gotta tell yous alls, that a Warrior/Elementalist is totally kick-***. I'm having so much fun with her. I took a couple of screen shots of her. One of which I was running around the Catacombs, trying to get singed gargoyle skulls--but ended up getting frustrated and left. >_> Yes, so the picture is a bit dark. But I think it's a good shot. The little hemlet thing she's wearing is default and goofy-looking, but it is protection.

[center][URL=http://img158.echo.cx/my.php?image=catacomb7rc.jpg][IMG]http://img158.echo.cx/img158/2153/catacomb7rc.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

This next one is just me being lazy. Decided I should take a pretty shot--and show off how good our guild cape looks on a Warrior ^-^[/color][/font]

[center][URL=http://img158.echo.cx/my.php?image=view5qd.jpg][IMG]http://img158.echo.cx/img158/2886/view5qd.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

[color=#4B0082]I was out wandering around in the Maguuma Jungle earlier, exploring and then doing the bonus for The Wilds mission. The whole area is gorgeous, but in particular, I really loved the area around this one lake. (It's the little one just above the map marker for The Wilds.) Here's a couple screen shots I took, from a little island out in the middle of it:

[URL=http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=junglelake13fo.jpg][IMG]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3214/junglelake13fo.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=junglelake29yx.jpg][IMG]http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8568/junglelake29yx.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I can't wait to get into the jungle with Amelia, also. The big groups of jungle trolls, moss scarabs, and maguuma spiders will be great for blasting with my fire magic.[/color]

Ok people, I've started a primary mesmer. His name is Franklin Chambers. I always have a hard time remembering who is who with the different character names. Apparently Annie was on today and I didn't even know it! So, I guess I just wish to say that we have another primary mesmer. Now I need to figure out what to put for his second class....I'm thinking maybe an Elementalist.