Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I don't know if this has been started yet but it hasn't here it is.

So does anyone like the nightmare b4 christmas? I love that movie. Yes, I know it came out a while ago but I watch it almost everyday. It's just so creative and different. I love the way Jack (Danny Elfman) sounds when he sings. He can do so many expressions while singing, I think that's just the coolest thing.

So does anyone else like/not like this movie?
Posted
Danny Elfman is a god. If you like his voice, I suggest you check out Oingo Boingo. It was his band way, way back. They're quite good.

Anyway, Nightmare Before Christmas is in my Top 3 Movies Ever list, which actually is only made up of Elfman and Burton films lol. I think there are some people here that could back me up on my love for this film. Once I even watched it three times in one day. Of course, I was sick that day, but still... it never got old.

I love every last bit of it to death. I bought the soundtrack, which I think is a mustown. I finally found a great shirt at the store a couple of years ago too. I'm always surprised by how many people stop me and say something about it. Same with the ski cap I have.

The DVD is probably my favorite too. It's so clear (at least on HDTV) that you might as well be there. It's just amazing. Plus it includes Burton's earlier works, Frankenweenie and Vincent.

If anyone does dislike it, I will curse them and their families.
Posted
I knew someone else out there had to like too! Everyone I know either doesn't know what it is or finds if highly disturbing.

I even plan on being Sally this year for Halloween. I can't wait!!
Posted
I really liked that movie, it thought it was very creative for a children's film hehe.


On the subject of Danny Elfman, his talent is doubtless(Duh, he does the music for the Simpsons), but in his interviews, he is always kinda cocky :/
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I think there are some people here that could back me up on my love for this film.[/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I remember the first time we ever really spoke, and one of us brought up NMBC. You said something along the lines of "Oh God, I love that movie," and I was up until 4 AM talking to you after that. Heh.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite animated movies, and easily my favorite stop-motion animated one. Just a few years ago it was re-released in theaters, and I fell in love.

Well, I saw it when it was first released, and not thinking very highly of it. It wasn't until I got older (early high school) that I realized what a work of genius it is. I love everything about it, and it's hard to pick out specific things. There's just a special quality in the movie that makes it so enjoyable.

Lock, Shock and Barrel are awesome.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
I love all of Burton's films with the exception of Money Bone...not his finest moment. He is the master of the macabre in my humble opinion. A side from TNBC, Sleepy Hollow, Beattle Juice and Batman Returns are among his best.

BTW, I thought it was Lock, Shock and Barrel.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Epid3mic [/i]
[B]On the subject of Danny Elfman, his talent is doubtless(Duh, he does the music for the Simpsons), but in his interviews, he is always kinda cocky :/ [/B][/QUOTE]

You would be Cocky too if you were as cool as him.
Posted
[color=royalblue][size=1]dude that movie is the best! i just love the whole thing. i would watch it a lot if i knew where it was lol. i love the song in the begining..and the begining...and the middle part...and that part at the end....[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]'The Nightmare Before Christmas' was [i]such[/i] a kewl movie. I saw it for the first time in daycare in the second grade on Halloween, and I was so freaked out, because this guy dressed up as Jack came to our house trick-or-treating that night. >>;

But when I see a picture of Jack, I keep thinking of 'Edward Scissorhands'. oo;[/color] [/size]
Posted
[FONT=arial]I didn't get to see that movie until about a year ago, sadly enough. my mom didn't want me to see it when it first came out for some reason :rolleyes:, and it was forgotten about until I came across it at Blockbuster however many odd years later. only saw it once, but I loved it. though with the exception of maybe two people, everybody else I've talked to who saw it didn't like it 0_o' (including my mom >.>'). meh, what do they know.[/FONT]
Posted
[color=teal][b]Mweee! I love NMBC! I watched it alot as a kid and my sister rediscovered it about a year ago. My God, she was obsessed. I think the songs have been permanantely (sp?) driven into my head! Unfortunately, I haven't seen it on DVD yet, but the VHS is good enough for me. C-ya on the other side!

P.S.- Thanks to this thread, "Making Christmas", one of the weirdest songs in this movie i.m.o., is stuck in my head. *walks off singing the song to herself*[/color][/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SadClown [/i]
[B]I love all of Burton's films with the exception of Money Bone...not his finest moment. He is the master of the macabre in my humble opinion. A side from TNBC, Sleepy Hollow, Beattle Juice and Batman Returns are among his best.

BTW, I thought it was Lock, Shock and Barrel. [/B][/QUOTE]

I assume you mean Monkeybone. That isn't a Burton film in any respect.

In my opinion, his best films are this, Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and Batman Returns.

I've yet to see Sleepy Hollow for some reason.
Posted
[color=#707875]Oh, you haven't seen Sleepy Hollow? That amazes me! I thought you'd be one of the first to see it. lol

Go out and see it right away, Tony. You must. ^_^

But yeah, I'm a massive fan of Nightmare Before Christmas. I remember seeing it at the movies when it came out...and I'm very much like Tony, in the sense that I really find it very hard to fault. The visuals are gorgeous, the characters are insanely awesome (I love the Mayor lol) and the music is clever and catchy. It's a wonderful animated piece.

It reminds me of Grim Fandango to some extent...that game had a very slightly similar "style", in some ways. Probably just the skeletons lol. But yeah, it's all good.

As for Danny Elfman...his music is genius. I remember that my mother bought the Men in Black soundtrack and it had one of his orchestral pieces on it (the main theme to the first movie). Wow. What a wonderful piece of music. His orchestral stuff is brilliant.

And...his music in Batman Returns is amazing too. Batman Returns is my favourite Batman movie. Amazing music, beautiful visuals...it had everything. Tim Burton and Danny Elfman are the perfect combination!

So yeah, you must see Sleepy Hollow. You have Tim Burton, Danny Elfman [i]and[/i] Johnny Depp...who is in himself amazing. It's a must see, if only for the wonderful atmosphere.[/color]
Posted
Hehe One of my most fav movies ever!!!!! I love the art its soooooo kewl! Yea I guess some of the songs are weird. Sometimes at random I shout "And I JACK the pumpkin king!...grows so weary of the same old thing..." I mean if comes out on its own to scare the crap out of people. Yeah the this is Hallaween song is preety cool too tho. Gosh I haven't seen that in ages I'm gonna put that on my movies to watch before school starts list.*under Puff the Magic Dragon she writes The Nightmare beforwe Chirstmas) Hmm did my biig bro take that DVD to collage? Yeah well My favoruite sceen is when you get to see the holiday doors and he falls into Christmas land.*Walks away singing "What this, What this?! This Magic in the air..."
Posted
Whoa that old; I forgot what it was about. Was it the man with scissor hands or the green man who stole christmas. Just kidding it the movie like monesters inc just older right. From what I remember i liked it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]Whoa that old; I forgot what it was about. Was it the man with scissor hands or the green man who stole christmas. Just kidding it the movie like monesters inc just older right. From what I remember i liked it. [/B][/QUOTE]


[COLOR=deeppink]It is [i]nothing[/i] like Monsters, Inc., aside from the fact that they both involve monsters.


I absolutely love this movie. I'm glad that there are so many people who realize how good it is; almost everyone I know hates it. :/

But really, anything with Paul Reubens in it is gold. ^_^[/COLOR]
Posted
It's was good especially for it's time, but I wouldn't consider it to be a favorite of mine. I watched it a while back, and since then I just remembered it as a movie I really liked. But recently I watched it again, and I was actually disgusted by the amount of singing in the movie. I didn't expect that much, nor did I really expect any at all. I guess I forgot more about the movie then I thought, but now I really couldn't see myself viewing the movie without wanting to blow my brains out. I've never really cared for movies with singing, but for some reason I was even more so repulsed by the singing in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Outside of all the singing it's good, and I love the style they went with for this movie. It's interesting seeing a crossover between Halloween, and Christmas.
Posted
Yeah, It's crazy!! Its all scary and depressing, but still has a really cool feel to it. I liked the doll character the best...Sally? She was awesome.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Vampire: Ed [/i]
[B]It's was good especially for it's time, but I wouldn't consider it to be a favorite of mine. I watched it a while back, and since then I just remembered it as a movie I really liked. But recently I watched it again, and I was actually disgusted by the amount of singing in the movie. I didn't expect that much, nor did I really expect any at all. I guess I forgot more about the movie then I thought, but now I really couldn't see myself viewing the movie without wanting to blow my brains out. I've never really cared for movies with singing, but for some reason I was even more so repulsed by the singing in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Outside of all the singing it's good, and I love the style they went with for this movie. It's interesting seeing a crossover between Halloween, and Christmas. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's too bad. I LOVE the singing in it!! It's one of the best parts! But, the again, I always did like musicals. **starts humming**
Anyway, this really is one of my favorite movies. Maybe b/c I haven't seen it in such a long time, I'm not sure. We don't own it b/c Mom doesn't like it. (Plus, there are so many impressionable little kids around here, it's not even funny!) I'm of the opinion that the love story b/t Jack and Sally is quite cute. **hopeless romantic cowers in corner**
As far as other Burton flicks, I'm not quite as sure I appreciate them. The only one ppl have been talking about that I've seen all the way through is Sleepy Hollow. I had issues w/ it b/c I know the originial story so well. I mean, really, Ichabod Crane as a "constable from New York"? Honestly! The witchcraft was also a weird twist I'm not sure I liked. I guess, overall, it was pretty good, but a little too gory for my tastes. (As much as I LOVE Johnny Depp!!) (oddly enough though, I really liked "From Hell"... the Jack the Ripper flick he was in. Very much worth seeing!)
Anyway, that's enough from me!
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I have not seen it in a while. But i think I'll see it again soon. My sister has a friend that is totally obssesed with this movie. Ya know... ReTarr, you sound alot like my sisters friend, his name is James. My sister really likes the movie too, she plays the sound track [I]all[/I] the time. ^_^[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
Hmm...I don't know if I should take that as a compliment Conna, being like your sister's friend James? I'm a girl and he's a guy...whatever, just givin you a hard time. :P

*gasp* You don't like the nightmar b4 christmas Vampire Ed?! Semjaza curse Ed!! J/J I asked if anyone didn't like it too, but you want to blow your brains out?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ReTarr [/i]
[B]Hmm...I don't know if I should take that as a compliment Conna, being like your sister's friend James? I'm a girl and he's a guy...whatever, just givin you a hard time. :P [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Lol. It's just when you said you watch it every day that made me think of him. He probably watches it every day too. But ever since my sister and all of James's friends started to like it he went nuts and started not liking it. Lol. When my sis told me about that I laughed for 5 minutes... because he was a total NMBC freak. I didn't think he would change his mind so fast.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
I love the Nightmare Before Christmas! Its one of my favorite movies,for Halloween I'm thinkng about going as Sally,Jack would be kind of hard to do since hes so tall,but who knows? I can watch that movie over and over and not get sick of it.
Posted
This is the best movie of all time, in my humble opinion. The claymation is amazing, the stories, the music, the characters, and, best of all , the art....


This all makes for great paraphonalia(spl?), and I absolutely love collecting the beutiful items found on eBay and at Suncoast, not to mention other fine retailers.....
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
WOW that is an amazing movie. I have also many other friends of mine who would say the same at this moment. Ogie boogie Is dah bomb. He is one heck of a character and poor, poor easter bunny how iI laughed at that part. "BUNNY" LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...