OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Series

TailTactics

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=darkred]Hmm well I just played and beat FF I and II, which is no big accomplishment or anything. I am playing FFV for the first time and the FFVII for the like 3rd time, lol. Something I noticed in FFVII though is [spoiler]in the Shinra Mansion basement office area at the end of the lab, if you examine the bookcases, most of them have an account about two subjects, one a soldier first class that showed no reaction to Jenova, and another that showed a Reaction to Jenova, then it moved on to thier escape and capture. At first I thought it was talking about Aeris and her mom, but I realized it was Zack and Cloud. So now I'm am playing through til I get to the 3rd disk and can see the cutscene with him and Zack and I'll read it again, cuz I forgot some of what it said[/spoiler] Has anyone else noticed this?[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]I would also like to know when Advent Children is going to be released, as well as if anyone has any info on Dirge of Cerberus, since Vincent is my altime favorite videogame character.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]I looked into it and Cait Sith is most definately making an appearance, though he has no giant mog. It is really weird to look at him, because it totally seems like he is missing half of himself.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Alot of people think Yuffie might be in it as well, because there is a girl standing by Vincent in one of the scans. She has short hair and had a shurikan like weapon. Though it could be another girl from wutai because she looked different to me, but the pic I saw wasn't good at all.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]I am just hoping the game will tell us more about Vincent's past.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]Thats it as far as my knowledge, Hojo might be in it as well as Lucrecia. [spoiler]Because Jenova cells don't age, or die or something like that, but I would love to kill Hojo again anyways[/spoiler] But ya, some people also think the story might be tied into FFAC, but I have my doubts. Oh ya I know Reese is in it as well, [spoiler]He is who made Cait Sith, for those of you who don't know.[/spoiler] The only other characters I know about are Azule, and Shelke. Azule kinda reminds me of a blue version of that one red haired unknown guy on Kingdom Hearts: COM. I would laugh if I saw them in KHII[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Anywho, I am eager to see what they do as far as guns. Alot of people think that his Cerberus gun is able of morphing, so like you could custumize it. The scan I saw did have like a grid like system with wt(weight?), sp(speed), acc(accuracy) and pow(Power). But some people think that Cerberus might just be the name of a gun style or a set of guns, like squall's gunblade.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]I found a pretty good site for the game and that where alot of these theories and specs come from. I have added my opinion to alot of them, but others I hadn't even thought about.[/color][/size]

[color=#4B0082]20 minutes for a single battle isn't long enough? Think about the usual length of random battles, then for boss battles. ... For me, at least, none of those came close to 20 minutes. (Well, besides the fights with Emerald WEAPON and Ruby WEAPON.) I did think Safer Sephiroth was a little easy compared to the end bosses of FFIV and FFVI, but unless you're spamming Knights of the Round, I thought it was a pretty good length fight.

Of course, when I went back and fought him again with Cloud, Tifa, and Red XIII all at level 99, and only used attacks and healing during the fight, it went a little fast. Cloud had a mastered Double-Cut materia equiped (4x-Cut command) and Red XIII had a level one equiped (2x-Cut command), and everyone was doing 9999 damage each strike regardless of critical hits. Sephiroth's Barrior spell cut down on the damage while it was up but he still didn't even get a chance to use Super Nova. I totally beat him down.

I'm still kicking myself for accidentally saving over that file. I had everyone but Yuffie and Cait Sith to level 99 and I had three Master Magic materia, three Master Command materia, and two Master Summon materia. The only thing I hadn't done was find the elusive Added Cut materia up in the Great Glacier.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]Ya 20 minutes for a FF boss is rather long, most of the time boss battles only last about 10. Which is nothing compaired to the final boss battle in The Legend of Dragoon. That is one of the longest boss battles I think I've ever experienced.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]The first time I beat the game I had a lever 79 Cloud, and a Level like 70 Tifa and Vincent. Well I got to Safer Sephiroth and I was doing pretty good then he killed Tifa and Vincent, though he gave Cloud his limit. So I had a choice to try and bring back a character, or use Omnislash. I used Omnislash and killed him, I was so excited, it added a really dramatic feel for me, cuz it was Cloud with his limit break. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Right now I am replaying FFVII again, this time I am planning on geting all the Master Materia, all the Extreme Limits and Weapons, except maybe for Aeris, I like her but [spoiler]if she is just going to die whats the point[/spoiler]:animecry:. As well as beating Ruby and Emerald weapon. SO chances are I am going to be spending lots of time in the sunken Gelkai(sp?) fighting unknowns.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Also the release date for Dirge of Cerberus is early 2006, but knowing Squenix I would not but surprised for delays.[/color][/size]

[color=#4B0082]I realize everyone and their dog already knows that, but it's still a spoiler. *adds tags* - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]Ya like Advent Children was originally supposed to be released in the U.S. on September 13th, well it is now almost November 13th and still no FFAC. Though maybe they are waiting for more of a Christmas season release, because most of the time they would have a big game release about that time, but as far as I know this year they don't with all the delays on FFXII and I don't think KHII is anywhere near done either.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Maybe it is a marketing campain, frustrate people by delaying it, then they will want it even more and when it is realease, they will line up to get it like there will never be another copy.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=shadowofdeath13][size=1][color=darkred]Ya like Advent Children was originally supposed to be released in the U.S. on September 13th, well it is now almost November 13th and still no FFAC. Though maybe they are waiting for more of a Christmas season release, because most of the time they would have a big game release about that time, but as far as I know this year they don't with all the delays on FFXII and I don't think KHII is anywhere near done either.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Maybe it is a marketing campain, frustrate people by delaying it, then they will want it even more and when it is realease, they will line up to get it like there will never be another copy.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Heh, that's Square's marketing in a nutshell right there.

If memory serves, every Final Fantasy I'd been waiting to experience had been delayed by two months, and then another week. I have to say, it kept making me disappointed but I definitely appreciated the game more.

However, I feel that with today's market, yes XII will be a massive hit, there's no doubt about it, but as far as the business's social responsibilities, they are going to acquire a bad reputation.

[QUOTE=Zidargh]Heh, that's Square's marketing in a nutshell right there.

If memory serves, every Final Fantasy I'd been waiting to experience had been delayed by two months, and then another week. I have to say, it kept making me disappointed but I definitely appreciated the game more.

However, I feel that with today's market, yes XII will be a massive hit, there's no doubt about it, but as far as the business's social responsibilities, they are going to acquire a bad reputation.[/QUOTE][size=1][color=darkred]Ya I've gotten to the point where I try not to keep track of their flagship games release dates. Then when it is released I find out and am like, really so soon? :p [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]I think XII will be a massive hit as well, I know the FFX drew alot of new people to the FF series, as well as having an FF/Square all-star cast. I'm very excited to see what new directions FFXII will head in, because they are doing alot of firsts for the series. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]I really hope they decide to remake FFVII. I am not totally obsessed with it, my favorite FF games being FFIX and FF Tactics, but FFVII was the first one I played as an adult. (I used to button mash on the first FF on NES when I was like 7) Anyways I like the story alot, as well as the characters *cough*Vincent*cough*. But I think that they should re-do alot of the previous FF's because alot of things weren't technically possible when they were made that are now, so they could add alot more depth to the games. Also I hate to say it, but they are almost guarenteed money makers.[/color][/size]

[color=#4B0082]You know, thinking about the FFIII remake on the DS makes me wonder if they are actually going to remake FFVII some time. From the few screen shots I've seen of FFIII (they're going for a full 3D remake), it looks really great. The style reminded me a lot of Crystal Chronicles. Maybe they'll continue with a remake of FFVII on the DS after they get FFIV, FFV, and FFVI done on the GBA? Of course, most people would probably scream because it wouldn't look as pretty as it could on a console, but I think a portable version of FFVII would be cool.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]That's exactly the reason why I don't keep track of release dates - when it comes out, I'm happy, but if I try to keep track, I go insane. i.e.: Kingdom Hearts II. This release thing is driving me nuts, so I just dropped it and am patiently waiting for one of my gaming magazines to annouce that it's been released. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkred]A portable FFVII would be way cool, I am not the biggest fan of the DS but I would buy one, for FF games. Though personally I think it would be cool if they did a remake for the PS2 or PS3 and then had a PSP hook up or something so you could play your saved files on your PSP or PS2 or 3. Because I do like portable gaming but there is still nothing better in my eyes than to be able to just sit down and focus on a videogame at your house. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]I just realized that Dirge of Cerberus might be able to but insight on Sephiroth as well. He is rather enigmatic as well.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Yes and I was really hoping I would be able to own FFXII or KHII by Christmas, though it looks like anime might have to fill in, and if were lucky Advent Children.[/color][/size]