OtakuBoards

Worst fears

aizima

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have irrational fears of elevators and bridges.

Or [i]had[/i], I suppose. Since moving up to school (and living on the 5th and 6th floors of my building), I admit that I ride in elevators a lot more. Strange elevators (in new places, you see... [i]unfamiliar[/i] elevators) are still a little worrisome. I hate that turning feeling just before the elevator stops at the top floor--eeeee.

And as for bridges-- I don't like going over them, [i]especially[/i] when they're above water. I am always convinced that the bridge will collapse and I will fall into the watery deeps. It isn't like I'm worried that it [i]might[/i] happen, I'm [i]know[/i]that it will. Like, there isn't a question. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I get to the other side.

But I've had to deal with this, too, especially since I have to walk across the Mississippi River every day to get to and from class.

It's a really big river.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Truth be told, nothing [I]really[/I] [I][B]TRULY[/B][/I] scares me. It's true! Most people think I'm lying when I say that. But really, nothing really scares me.

Snakes:My dad [B]Hates[/B] them, and I [B]Love[/B] them
Heigts: I absolutly [I][B]LOVE[/B][/I] being high up
Lizards: I find them adorable(same with frogs...wait, those aren't reptiles....)
The dark: It used to FREAK ME OUT!(Not no more though!)
Death: Doesnt even faze(k, I KNOW that's the wrong spelling, but go with me here!) me

The only things that REALLY scare me are spiders, needles, and Micheal Jackson.Wow, I just realized how much the word "really" was used in this post....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Funny how so many say they're not afraid of death.

I would hate it if a loved one of mine were to be taken away.
I would hate to die since I wouldn't be able to protect those close to me.

Just think about it. What good can you do if you're dead?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Water. Imagine running out of air quickly and attempting to reach the surface that seems miles away. Or simply thinking of the blackness underwater. I couldn't even go scuba diving, it would be a drowning simulatro to me.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Derald][FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Funny how so many say they're not afraid of death.

I would hate it if a loved one of mine were to be taken away.
I would hate to die since I wouldn't be able to protect those close to me.

Just think about it. What good can you do if you're dead?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Well, what good can you do while alive? Some people aren't afraid of death, simply because it's a normal part of life. I actually think it would be scarier to live forever than to die. But hey, that's just my opinion, and I'll stick by it.

Anyway, back to topic. I totally forgot to put up my [B][I]WORST[/I][/B] fear in my last post: Oompa Loompas(the old ones, the new ones are AWESOME(they have space suits :catgirl: ) I'm not even [I]trying[/I] to be funny! Those things scare the[I][B]WHOLLY LIVING CRAP[/B][/I] out of me! I would rather be stuck in a room with spiders, needles, and Micheal Jackson than to be around one of [I]those[/I] things.....*shudder*[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]I have but 2 fears.

Needles ad bugs.

And not any specific kinds of bugs, but ALL bugs. The only bugs that don't make me freak out and run are mosquitos and thats because I hunt them down and kill them. If I had to die to kill a mosquitto, I would.

As for needles... O_O [b]Get that thing away from me!!![/b] If I had to die to avoid getting away from a shot, I would. No joke on that one.[/COLOR]

I am yet to discover a worst fear. I actualy try to abuse feelings, so... No, I don't think I have one right now =3. Any suggestions? Neither life nor death is something to be feared, my family... I don't care for them, really; my friends... I have the kind of relationship with my [i]real[/i] frineds that we wouldn't fear another's death or something; heights, vermin, sharp objects... boring. Darkness... My windows are made so that I have no light in my room whatsoever, and I turn it on only when I really need it, I mostly live in darkness that way... What else can a human being fear? :animeswea

I think my worst fear in life would be that I would be the cause of someones death. I don't think I could handle knowing that an action or decision I made caused another persons death. The guilt would drive me insane. Even worse would be if that other person was a loved one like my husband, parents or brother. Can you imagine how absolutely awful it would be knowing that it is your fault your loved one died? Terrible, simply terrible.

1.) Mother Nature - Mainly tornado's because I tend to wonder where would I live if my house would ever be hit by a tornado. Can't stand the thought of being homeless.

2.) Diseases / Rabies - Mice and rats... (haven't encountered a rat... don't plan to either) I hear they have rabies and such. When my cat catches one... and it touches my clothes, I don't touch them or I would throw them away. >_> (paranoia to the fullest)

3.) End of humanity - I normally don't think about it until I hear about all the hurricanes... That tends to make me think about that one movie that I haven't seen yet. (Day After Tomorrow) But yea, some nights I tend to go into a random thought about what would the world be like if humanity was taken out. (Armageddon I suppose)

4.) Death / Injuries of animals - This is my number 1 fear. (I hate seeing it) Because when I see it I get pissed off at it. In most of the so called "scary movies" when they have animal killing in it. I throw the remote at the tv and walk out. When people tell me they seen a dog / cat or whatever get hit by a car.... I'm ready to punch whoever in the face. I can't even stand seeing stray dogs and cats on the streets especially during the winter.

Think I'll stop right there. (The more I talk about it, the more it pisses me off.)

I put up a long post about having seen some kinds torture a kitten to death some days ago, but I just thought the details would be clearly too much for a you. (haveaniceday?) :sleep:

It's about six o clock in the morning! Me sleepy! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :animestun :animeswea :animeknow

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chobitslover90
my worst fear is to have fear of anything

im not really a tough guy but lots of years of being lonely has made me tolerant of things that would scare others and if i am scared of something i havent expirenced it yet

Guest chobitslover90
ahhh i thought of one i have the fear of the people i manipulate to get what i need to find me out that would suck if the puppets turned on the master

[QUOTE=Hug Monster][COLOR=Purple]I have but 2 fears.

Needles ad bugs.

And not any specific kinds of bugs, but ALL bugs. The only bugs that don't make me freak out and run are mosquitos and thats because I hunt them down and kill them. If I had to die to kill a mosquitto, I would.

As for needles... O_O [b]Get that thing away from me!!![/b] If I had to die to avoid getting away from a shot, I would. No joke on that one.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Purple]This is no longer true...

I have a new, far greater fear than both of them combined. Loneliness. For one month I went without any friends or any internet and I went completely mental. I'm still recovering even 2 months later but hey, its darkest just before dawn, and things are much better now. My greatest fear is being alone again, though I will be better prepared next time.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Fear? Most likely the feeling of being incapable of doing anything. This comes back in my fear for sharks. I know they're way quicker than me in water, so I'd rathest not go in any deep water at all. Same goes for insane backstabbing murderers, but I see that the chance of meeting one of those is quite... small.
But the same goes for the fact if I lost something at school and not notice it before the school is closed. Especially when it's something expensive or precious like my camera ¬.¬

My other fear is if I'd ever meet Gavin in real life, that he'd start each sentence with "Interesting, most Interesting".
Yeah, I fear that the most.[/size]

[SIZE=1]But I have [strike]two[/strike] three real fears.

I'm not afraid of spiders. I had a pet spider for awhile. Not afraid of bugs. I had a pet hercules-beetle (named Herc =P). Not scared of snakes. Not scared of hieghts. Not scared of pain. Not scared of dying.

I could deal with my own death. I don't think anyone except my really-close family would care that I'm gone, anyway. I could never deal with one of my friends or family dying, though. I wouldn't be able to keep living. My step-dad thinks it's kinda funny. Whenever he's holding a knife, he'll pretend to 'accidentally' stab himself with it just to see me squirm. One time he slipped and stabbed himself in the thigh. Blood was everywhere. It was pretty deep, but he ended up just having to bandage it up and keep off it for a few days. Lucky bastard.

My second fear is not ever being good enough. I try all my life to be everything I'm supposed to be. I'm 15 years old, and I'm going to graduate this year (or next, depending upon my grades.) I work at a fast food restraunt. I babysit. I'm responsible. I've never done drugs or anything against my parent's rules (One time I got my tounge pierced, but I just took it out and it healed.) But... I just hope someday someone would see how hard I try to make them happy.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]My other fear is if I'd ever meet Gavin in real life, that he'd start each sentence with "Interesting, most Interesting".
Yeah, I fear that the most.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I think I'll have to add that to my list XD[/SIZE]

I'm scared of spiders and zombies. When I see a spider in my house, especially if it's rather big, I scream at the top of my lungs and hyperventilate. I'm also afraid of evil spirits.
My worst fear is that after I die, there will be nothing but darkness...no thoughts, no dreams, NOTHING, just total darkness. That's my biggest fear. That's like my hell.

I dont think I have a really serious fear that affects me that much... my worst fear? Probably silence. I hate it when there's nothing to listen to.. when there's no noise at all. I can't stand it. I'd be anything but human if I spent one hour awake in complete silence.

[color=darkslategray][size=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]

[list]Insects: I hate them. Creepy, too many legs and too many eyes. Hell, I even get nauseous fighting Silithild in World of Warcraft. HUGE-arse bugs. I can't exactly justify my fear.[/list]

[list]Losing loved ones/friends: Guh. If I lost Lei (The most important person in my life.), I'd go crazy, angry, and probably socially withdrawn. If I lost people close to me, I'd probably be the same way. I feel overprotective at times.[/list]

[list]Brow Recluse Spiders: Garsh darn you Goddess! You got me scared to hell of these things. Their bites can cause necrosis, and I'm near a bit of a hot-spot for them. If you could call it that. *Curses Goddess for all of oblivion.*[/list][/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Deucalion][color=darkslategray][size=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]
Brown Recluse Spiders: Garsh darn you Goddess! You got me scared to hell of these things. Their bites can cause necrosis, and I'm near a bit of a hot-spot for them. If you could call it that. *Curses Goddess for all of oblivion.*[/list][/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Oh, I hate those! I ran across one in my room a few days ago. I screamed my head off until my mom came in and put it in a jar. Then, I got to torment it by shaking the jar. It was fun revenge.

Guest Heero yuy
I say, I'm scared in not finding a purpose in life, I guess.
That my life won't be straight, that my role in life won't be mentioned..and I'll stray away.

I know, it's stupid.