OtakuBoards

Worst fears

aizima

Hey everybody! I was talking with my sister the other day and she mentioned she had a phobia of snakes, spiders, alligators, lizards...... the list goes on and on. (She's a scary person.) I thought about it snakes don't phase me, spiders annoy me, alligators.... well I've never seen one, I think some lizards are cute...... death doesn't even bother me! Well I think you all have already processed that I'm not scared of anything... yet. :animeswea ANYWAY, I wanted to know if any of you have worst fears or not.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Have you ever wondered what role you play in the world?

Have you ever wondered if everything was pre-destined?

I have, and I sometimes fear that if this is true, then all I have worked for in the world makes no difference in the outcome. I truly fear and hate the thought of a life already set out for you, where everything you do went "according to plan." Because of this, I start to wonder, "Do I really have control over my own destiny? Or is this all part of someone's big chess game?" I hate to think about it, but it always crosses my mind every once in a while.

I must continue to seek the meaning of life, so that I may someday have my answer, and finally rest.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1][color=slategray]I don't really know my worst fear... and that's good for me, because then I don't have to visualize it when I get paraniod.

But, as for some normal, everyday fears...
1.) I [I]hate[/I] ballons. And everyone makes fun of me for it. I dunno, they just freak me out. Especially when they pop... I just... flip out. I don't even know why, either. So, whenever I see a ballon get taken out, I rush under someone's arm. Lol. I hate it when people think it's funny to pop them on purpose around me. Maybe they just don't realize the intense uncomfort I have around them. My step brother even said he was going to fill my room with ballons on my birthday. That... is just plain mean.

2.) Ice Skating. The reason? Ice skates. Oh. My. Universe. Just the thought of falling and having a fellow ice skater come along, not see your stray fingers, and skating right over them... it makes me feel insecure. I know that the chances are around... ten or less out of one hundred, but still. No one will ever get me to join them in that activity.

3.) Having something happen to my mom. Okay, this is a little more of a severe fear. But, honestly, my mom is the most important person in my life. And if anything bad were to happen to her, I would be devistated beyond belief.

4.) Phones. Alright, this one isn't exactly a fear... but it sort of is. I hate answering the phone when I don't know who it is. And it can just happen at any time. Now, 3 AM calls are just freaky. So, if I ever get a phone when I live on my own, I'm getting a freakin' Caller ID.

That's basically it... but those are some of my more common and come across fears.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Worst fears, hmm...

Primates would be one fear that I have thanks to that book I read. Hot Zone I think it is called. Ebola is one scary disease.

I am also deathly afraid of being alone and lonely.

Other than that, maybe heights? Though that doesn't stop me from snowboarding and rock climbing. Weird, eh?[/COLOR]

I have a fear of snakes, lizards, darkness, silence and ghosts. Well that is about it, I'm not afraid of anything else, I love heights and extreme sports and I love all animals, even if they bite me (except for lizards and snakes of course)

Mm.... I'm afraid of:

1.) Heights. Not so afraid that I start to hyperventilate, or throw up or anything, but I don't like it. I mean, when I go up or down stairs, I have to hold onto the railing. And I'm just so friggin' [I]curious[/I] and [I]stupid[/I] that I have to look over the edge when I'm somewhere high... and freak myself out.

2.) Fire. It scares me. So. Badly. I can't stand the though of being burned. But the weird thing is, I love to draw it, I love to write about it...

3.) The thought of not being able to move. Being trapped. Not being able to move any of my limbs (especially my legs. So if someone lays on my legs, I freak out). I hate the thought of not being able to move, it scares me, what if something were to happen? I don't know why I am, but I am.

:animestun Wow, I never looked at it that way..... But still, nothin' phases me. But I am puzzled about something, my best friend has this wierd thing going on called [I]phophobia[/I]. It's wierd, but it's a fear of fearing. I never such a thing exists. Whenever she gets scared, she starts to twitch slightly and loses it completely! I try to keep her as calm as possible... :animeswea

Guest Renji-kun
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Georgia]Wow. o.o I fear.. Something. >.> I love all reptiles, and spiders don't really bother me either. Hmm.. Maybe when something you are supposed to eat tries to attack you. Yes, that would prolly be my fear. xD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]I don't really fear animals/bugs that much, but I do fear one thing.... Heights: I hate going high in a tall building and looking down... that is so scary. I know, don't look down, but Im trying to get over this fear and so far I have gotten over it

Now I can do rock-climbing, go on an air-balloon, anything and I can/will do it... but, I still hold onto the railings real tight...[/COLOR][/FONT] :animedepr :animeswea :animestun

[SIZE=1]I have some really weird fears, but I'm sure everyone has their own little quirks, heh.

Number one would have to be [B]losing the two people who mean most to me[/B], those being my mum and Trevor (or Unborn Lord Xion, as most know him). The idea of not having the people I love and who love me back is really terrifying to me, since they're the ones who support me through, well, everything.

Number two is[B] sloths[/B]. Don't ask me why, I just hate the bloody things. When I say sloth, I mean the animal. I think it's the way they move that freaks me out.

Three is [B]needles[/B]. I start shaking if anyone even mentions getting a jab, but it comes from something pretty traumatic that happened to me when I was a kid. I doubt I'd be scared of them if it hadn't happened.

The [B]thought of drowning [/B] scares the hell out of me, but I can't ever see that happening, thankfully.

Other things include the [B]dark[/B], [B]crickets[/B] and the [B]creepy noises my house makes at night[/B].

(Also being forgotten and unappreciated, but that?s my pride kicking in more than anything else, sadly.)[/SIZE]

There are a few thing that I fear.

1. Aliens as in UFO Aliens. Can't stand the thought of there being other types of beings in the Universe.

2. Heights. I always fall when I'm up high. Bad balance

3. The Telephone. I don't like the idea of there being some else on the other end that you don't know,

4. I also fear that I'm not in control of my life. That someone already knows what I going to do.

The worst fear is number 1 and the least is number 4.

[COLOR=Blue]I fear being alone. That is my worse fear. I don't get scared of being by myself or anything, but it's more like everyone I know will all go away. That's what scares me.

I used to have a fear of sharks. They scared the hell out of me. You see, when I was little, my family and I were going to a sea side town where my aunt lived. We had a small cottage over near tge beach. But, when we were on our way there, I saw this huge bilboard on the freeway. It was a bilboard for one of the most horrible films ever made, "Jaws: The Revenge." The picture terrorfied me. All those teeth..those horrible, horrible teeth...I got over my fear when I turned thirteen.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

My greatest fear is without a doubt heights, though it's limited to when I can actually see the ground from way up off it. If I was on a plane for instance I would have absolutely no problems whatsoever, but put me on the top of a really tall building and make me look down at the ground and chances are I'll start getting very nervous.

My only other true fear is a fear of failure in life, not little failures like I get a B on a project when I wanted an A or something like that, but failures that put my life off track and take years to fix. I've made such mistakes only once before and the consequences have been very severe, and as such I've developed a great fear of making big mistakes or failing.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Cat14']1. Aliens as in UFO Aliens. Can't stand the thought of there being other types of beings in the Universe.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]As a Star Trek fan since birth I can only say how saddening that thought is to me, the very idea that someone could hope there are no other beings or civilisations in the entire universe is baffling. I would certainly hope to be alive when the people of Earth make contact with another race and to see the benefits all mankind would gain from such contact. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Lix][size=1][color=slategray]
2.) Ice Skating. The reason? Ice skates. Oh. My. Universe. Just the thought of falling and having a fellow ice skater come along, not see your stray fingers, and skating right over them... it makes me feel insecure. I know that the chances are around... ten or less out of one hundred, but still. No one will ever get me to join them in that activity.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Ice Skates aren't sharp. They shouldn't be, playing with ice skates sharp enough to sever fingers is damn near impossible. I've skated for 5 years and had my hands run over 12 times, and the absolute worst I've gotten is a sore finger for a few hours.

As for myself...

I guess my greatest fear would be being trapped in the middle of the desert without water or a clean sheet of ice within site. I hate the heat, but the though of being caught in an endless sea of sand dunes while 40+ temperatures beat down on you, slowly dehydrating you until death... It's terrible too think about. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]undefined[/COLOR] :catgirl:
My fear i think is going outside at night by myself, no flashlight or any thing. I never no what can come up and just take you away. Maybe i've been watching too much CSI and Court TV. but hey who knows. Anybody else have this problem?
I mean every time i go outside i get this weird feeling and i run to do what i have to do like get something out of my parents van. it freaks me out.

Lady.

my fear is more.....intangible, if anything. I fear being alone, and dying without consequence. The first one being pretty obvious--I can't stand the feeling of having absolutely no other human around after nine o'clock at night, with the lack of hearing the TV on somewhere or the sounds of mt mother working on her computer.

I know, I do have my dog, but he's such a wuss that I don't know how he'd react if someone broke in! How comforting is that?

As for the latter, it's more of an insecurity issue. I tend to have these very dark thoughts at times, occasionally contemplating suicide, just so I can figure out how the people around me will react. If I don't leave a mark on anyone, my life will have been a failure. Of course, these moods do pass as I realize that people do care about me, so this fear is really unneeded.

I realize that it's illogical. But, that doens't stop it from happening.

If fear means having a physical reaction, then I have an example; fire drills. It's something about the shrill BEEP BEEP that startles me, makes me drop everything, jump, and throw my hands on top of my head. I laugh right afterward at the silliness of it all, saying "Oops, it happened again," and just brushing it all off.

But, that's probably more of an auditory sensory issue than an actual fear.

Guest sesshysgirl
i hate SnAKEs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i used to throw them and twirl them around until one bit me and now i've been scared of snakes since. :animecry:

[SIZE=1]Well for most things that could happen a lot, I definitely have a good list to give.

[B]1. Bridges-[/B]Every time I see a bridge I freak out. I don't like crossing them for anything. If I'm going on a trip and there's a river between us and there and close my eyes and ball up while we go over. I can't swim and I'm not into falling into a large body of water where my family can't save me because they can't swim either.

[B]2. Large Bodies of Water-[/B]Duh, I can't swim. Small little areas I can deal with. You know, things that are wade-able. But if I can't stand up in it. No.

[B]3. Insects-[/B]I can't stand bugs. Simple as that. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my school but I see them all the time. Every time I pass one or one is close to me I start freaking out and trying to pull myself away. I don't like their legs. They're forever moving and I can't stand even seeing a fly when I'm outside it just.....ugh. My mom tried to clip my eyelash and a moth landed beside me on the bed. I was so lucky that she hadn't started yet.

[B]4. Large Dolls-[/B]Chuckie. That has ruined my idea of ever getting anything bigger than a Barbie or Bratz doll. I don't like them at night because my lamp is on until I fall asleep. Those shadows and everything creep me out and I clare that they turn their heads when I'm not looking.

[B]5. If Something Happens To My Kids-[/B]Biologically, they're not mine. They're my second cousins but they're still my kids and I would be traumatized if anything happened to them.

[B]6. My House At Night-[/B]It's dark. It creaks. Things make noises all the time. Basically it. Thumping and funny airy sounds are like normal here, I could sleep through them during the day. At night, I'm a lot more cautious about how far out of the bedroom I go.

Okay, that's enough. You don't need to know everything about me.[/SIZE]

Guest kuroinuyoukai
I guess I am a little paranoid. i am scared of people following me. i know it's ridiculous. I don't really think I am afraid of anything else-except God and oh yeah-heights. i was once in a building on a high floor and the windows were ceiling to floor. I wouldn't even approach the windows. I was scared one would break and i would fall out.

I am afraid that i will be alone. i am afraid that i will not find love. :animecry:

Hmm. I'm a real scaredy-cat, so the list may get a little long. Maybe I should start with my most irrational fears and work my way down from there...

#1 biggest fear: falling from heights. I dont' fear heights in general, just falling from them. If I feel like I'm secure, I have no problem. :(

#2: big spiders. They're really scary, especially the hairy ones. :animecry:

#3: lightening: this one is justified. I was a couple of feet from getting struck by it when I was little. :animesigh that was close

#4: that eeire presence that I sometimes feel in the dark corners of a room. :animestun

#5: snakes. need I say more? :animeknow

Yah. I'm scared of a lot more than that, but I'm sure that no one wants to hear about all that. The post would be way way too long.

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have a few fears, the normal ones are spiders, and heights but i seem quite bad with them :animeswea I dont no if any1 else gets like this but the smallest of spiders will make me cry and damn near hyperventilate and heights *shudders* i can get up pretty high eg. id have no trouble climbing to the top of the eiffel tower.....i just wouldnt be able to get down :( And when other people go near the edge i start to hyperventilate and have bad images of them slipping and falling...its not nice :animecry:

I also hate the sea and the thought of drowning in general and i cant watch in films and stuff if the camera is half above water and half below :twitch:

2 random fears that i consider to be quite strange: clowns and buses. I HATE clowns they are NOT funny they are terrifying!!!! and i cant get on a bus on my own without panicking (but i am gettin over this 1)[/FONT][/COLOR]