OtakuBoards

Please take this maturely

Pressure

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]I find it hard not to believe in God...like when my Chemistry teacher told us about the atom...these are too amazing to have happened by chance
(My notes)

If you had a key in your hands, you wouldn't be able to see the atoms in it. To see the atoms, tou would have to enlarge the key to the size of the world. But even then, each atom would only be as large/smaller than a cherry

If we wanted to count all the atoms in a a grain of salt...
we would have to count at a rate of 1,000,000,000 numbers/second and yet it would take us five hundred years to finish counting.

Take the 'cherry' from Fact 1...
To find the nucleus of the atom/cherry in the key/world,...we would have to expand this cherry to the size of a 200m ball, but even then, the nucleus would only be a grain of dust

The nucleus of an atom is so small, that if you wanted to fill the whole atom with just nuclei, then you would need 1,000,000,000,000,000 nuclei to fill it

Even though the nuclei is 1 ten-billionth of an atom, the nuclei's mass makes up 99.5% of the atom's weight

The space inside atoms is massive, compared to its size.
If the proton was a pin-head in the centre of France, then the electron whizzing around it would go past the opposite borders of Holand, Germany, and Spain.

If every single atom in my body came together, then I would be smaller than a speck of dust..(less than 1000th of a millimetre)

If the 'cherry' in Fact 1 and 3 was the size of earth (cherry=atom), then the electrons whizzing around it would be the size of apples

The electrons whizz around the atom at 1000km/second and never collide

These mindless electrons, which are no different from each other, take different atom-orbits, even though they cannot have a conscience[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

The one thing I don't get..... Why are there so many different religions that worship only one God.... kinda makes it all sound pretty stupid to me... Did God tell you all to worship him differently? I mean what? Is he playing some funny joke to make you all look like pathetic fools? God told you to call him 3,000 different names, have 300 books, and has said beyond imaginable things to many different people... [/B][/QUOTE]

Not trying to be rude or anything but ever heard of the Tower of Babyl? God split up the people and made them speak different languages!!! Of course they would worship the same god!!! (I say again . . . I'm not trying to be rude . . . )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sere Tuscumbia [/i]
[B]

Not trying to be rude or anything but ever heard of the Tower of Babyl? God split up the people and made them speak different languages!!! Of course they would worship the same god!!! (I say again . . . I'm not trying to be rude . . . ) [/B][/QUOTE]

No, I never say that and that has no revelance to what I was saying.

He may have split people up, but those people don't hate the other side. They don't have crusades over a holy spot. They don't kill others because they believe different. They don't call God a different name. They don't believe in 3,000 different texts.... the belief in God isn't one or two religions... it's 4 hundred million! Which is absolutely ridiculous

[B]
The one thing I don't get..... Why are there so many different religions that worship only one God.... kinda makes it all sound pretty stupid to me... Did God tell you all to worship him differently? I mean what? Is he playing some funny joke to make you all look like pathetic fools? God told you to call him 3,000 different names, have 300 books, and has said beyond imaginable things to many different people...
[/B][/QUOTE]

Who said that God is responsible for that? God never told anyone to worship differently than what he ordered through his prophets throughout the years. Man is at fault in relying on their own interpretations and their own opinons, therefore leading people off and starting their own comfort-fitted religion. That's why there are so many different religions: Instead of listening to prophets and those in [b]proper authority[/b] to preach the gospel, men and women have taken it upon themselves to teach what [i]they[/i] think is best, what [i]they[/i] interpret by their own feeble and corrupt interpretations. Here's a scripture (NO, I'm not trying to preach, this is just backing up what I'm saying)

2 Nephi 9:28-29

O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God.

In essence, that's why there are so many religions. And no, not all of them are true. It's not possible, logically or otherwise.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]

Who said that God is responsible for that? God never told anyone to worship differently than what he ordered through his prophets throughout the years. Man is at fault in relying on their own interpretations and their own opinons, therefore leading people off and starting their own comfort-fitted religion. That's why there are so many different religions: Instead of listening to prophets and those in [b]proper authority[/b] to preach the gospel, men and women have taken it upon themselves to teach what [i]they[/i] think is best, what [i]they[/i] interpret by their own feeble and corrupt interpretations. Here's a scripture (NO, I'm not trying to preach, this is just backing up what I'm saying)

O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.

In essence, that's why there are so many religions. And no, not all of them are true. It's not possible, logically or otherwise. [/B][/QUOTE]

Perhaps God wasn't responcible... but... he did create Man... but you are right, man is foolish... and stupid, and flawed.. and everything...

So if people did what they thought was best... who's saying any religion is right?.... no one knows... you just kinda helped back up my theory on religions. Which is good, that you can see that as well. And accept it... whether or not you think your religion is the right one or not. I just wish people could realize that instead of being so concieded and stuck up not to even accept any other ideals or thoughts.

Well, yeah I believe in God. But I believe that he made things to work in a way that people could understand...For example, he created DNA so people could find out what are living being made of. In other words, I believe he made the universe a really complex thing, but possible to explain scientifically.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]

In essence, that's why there are so many religions. And no, not all of them are true. It's not possible, logically or otherwise. [/B][/QUOTE]

umm i dunno whether this B of M is an old one or not (i can't find mine) but didn't you leave out a sentance at the top? By the way what stake are you in? I'm in the Ipswich Aus stake (i think, maybe the toowoomba one i dunno)

[B]

who's saying any religion is right?.... no one knows... you just kinda helped back up my theory on religions. Which is good, that you can see that as well. And accept it... whether or not you think your religion is the right one or not. I just wish people could realize that instead of being so concieded and stuck up not to even accept any other ideals or thoughts. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, you're starting to scare me. I was talking about this yesterday, and you sound exactly like me. I'm all about being openminded.

I believe in God. He does have a name, it is Eli. Mathew 27:46 (King James Version)reads: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" I am LDS (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. a.k.a "Mormons") I being 13 have already gone through 2 years of Earlier Morning Seminary(6:00am everyday there is school), in my third year now, and I will complete 7 years before I gradute High School. Now talking about the "Mormon Bible"... We do have the Holy Bible, The King James Version, but we also have the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is composite of records that talk about when Jesus Christ went to the Americas and the prophets before and after his arrival on the earth. Anna Quoted a scripture from the Book of Mormon. Now if you don't believe that Jesus ever went to the Americas, look in: John 10:16, it reads: 'And [b]other sheep[/b] which are not of this fold: them also I must bring,and they shall [b]hear my voice[/b]; and there shall be one fold and one sheperd." What does that sound like???

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]well thats a surpise, when i first came to otaku, i thought i was the only LDS but now you and anna i found 2 other members in the same day, wow. [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't forget Amibasiki, she is LDS, too. 4 total. That's all I know of.

[B]

Why do we have religions?.... Why can't you just believe in God and leave it at that.... I don't think God cares, as long as you believe in him....
[/B][/QUOTE]

Transtic do you believe in the Bible? If you do here is a scripture for that statement: James 2:17 reads: " Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." So beleiving in God is only half of it. You have to do stuff like obey the commandments, repent, go to church meetings, ect...

[qoute][i]Originally posted by limac2 [/i]
you said you were 13 and had done 2 years of seminary, that can't be right, i'm 14 and i just did my 1st, matbe it is different for you 'cos' i'm in aus, but still that's not right. . .
[/qoute]

No, its not different here. My Mom teaches so I just go with her to Seminary. I started when I was in 6th grade and I'm in the 8th now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ2 Gohu [/i]
[B]

Transtic do you believe in the Bible? If you do here is a scripture for that statement: James 2:17 reads: " Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." So beleiving in God is only half of it. You have to do stuff like obey the commandments, repent, go to church meetings, ect...

[/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, i do not believe in the bible. Believing in the bible would mean I would follow a religion, which I am 100% against. I believe in God and not a religion.

I'd rather not go into some huge spew on why I refuse to believe the bible.... but I'll just say a few brief things; The bible contradicts itself on more than one occation and it's written by human, whether inspired by God or not, I could care less, it is still bound to be flawed, which is why it has contradictions.

I do know the 10 commandments, and sense I was raised on Christianity, I do follow them to an extent. I do believe killing, stealing, adultry, and all that other garbage is wrong, but thats just common sense to me and has nothing to do with what religion I believe in.... or lack there of.

[color=deeppink]I thought that I'd butt in and say that, to a certain extent, I agree with Transtic. I do believe in God, but I find the Bible is shotty and is quite contradictory.

What I believe is that if you want to follow the good examples the Bible has set for you, then do it. But don't hide behind religion and use it as your excuse for what you believe in. If you believe homosexuality is wrong because the Bible says so, it's no better than being brainwashed into believing something like killing is [i]right[/i].

If, on the other hand, you follow good morals (some of which are stated in the Bible) then that is what makes you a good person. At times I think that the whole thing about asking Jesus into your heart so that you go to heaven is just crap, and yet at the same time, I've been brought up to believe it so I get all confused -_-.

And who are Christians to say that their religion is the only [i]correct[/i] religion?! That baffles the hell out of me...

Bah, I feel like a horrible hypocrite because at one time I was a very devout Christian. But I think I followed, like I've said, the morals of the Bibile, rather than the "rules" themselves. Then I started to doubt the church and the teachings and crap like that...now I'm not sure where I stand.

I love to believe that there is a higher power, in my case, God. I'm just not sure what to believe...I hate being told that all religions besides Christianity is wrong...I think that's stupid. But yeah, whatever...I'm confusing myself again :( [/color]

As i have said, I am doing a degree in physics and biochemistry, so rationality is just what i do. thinking rationally, it makes sense that an all controlling god should betold of to people so that those who convey the message of god are ultimately in control. If they choose to say that god gives them absolute decision on what happens, then they cangrow to blieve in their superiority over god. They convey messages to the masses, it is gods will, they say. Over time (what, 5000 years at least) this becomes diluted somewhat, and even those in control forget that this was ultimately the aim of introducing a religion.
HOWEVER I also realise that some pretty weird stuff happens for there to be no god. Not just in our lives, but in science aswell. There is a fundamental rule that you cannot possibly measure anything to a high degree of accuracy without altering the system, which creates an large uncertainty in another measurable value. On its own this is common sense, even if you use light to find the speed of something, the speed will change slightly, though it is only affected dramatically if a high level of accuracy is measured. However this allows energy to be 'borrowed' for a certain amount of time as long as it is 'paid back' after a certain time. We can not do this, but somehow nature can. It is the reason that radioactivity occurs. Where does this energy come from, if it wasnt there before? We do not know. This is just one of the many odd things about quantum physics, which shows that there are some things that we just cant know.

[SIZE=1]TN...

If all of humanity is flawed, and God created humanity in an image of himself... wouldn't God be flawed too?

Also, I belive that there is a God/dess... but like TN, I do not belive in the bible or religions... I have NO religion... I was never christened... so I am not Christian...

PS. DID YOU KNOW (this is absolutly amazing!) JEDI IS NOW A RELIGION!?

--The Machine Gods of Science--
In science, I learned that energy never dies... so, if humans are made up of energy... why do we die?

Belive in the machine gods...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]TN...
--The Machine Gods of Science--
In science, I learned that energy never dies... so, if humans are made up of energy... why do we die?[/B][/QUOTE]

In physics I know that energy is equivalent to mass, and lots all things are made of mass. do you therefore say that they are all alive?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

In physics I know that energy is equivalent to mass, and lots all things are made of mass. do you therefore say that they are all alive? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Not that energy dies, energy is not wasted, humans are made up of energy, so our energy can never be wasted. We need energy to live, so why do we die if our energy never goes away?

--Machine Gods--[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Not that energy dies, energy is not wasted, humans are made up of energy, so our energy can never be wasted. We need energy to live, so why do we die if our energy never goes away?

--Machine Gods--[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, Scientific Law states Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only trasfered.... the reason why humans die is because the energy they have is transfered.

Energy that your heart uses is then trasfered to help work other organs or visa versa... The energy is used up... either by your doing so much.... or working or whatever....

Energy the humans have is transfered till we simply don't have enough to work all the essential parts of the body, thus we die.... and the remaining energy is transfered into the ground or air or whatever.