OtakuBoards

Please take this maturely

Pressure

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Oh... that's satisfying to hear!

And TN, if all of humanity is flawed, and God created humanity in an image of himself... wouldn't God be flawed too?

Machine Gods are easier to belive in...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
The image, prabably is the appearance, not the thought.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[B][SIZE=1]Oh... that's satisfying to hear!

And TN, if all of humanity is flawed, and God created humanity in an image of himself... wouldn't God be flawed too?

Machine Gods are easier to belive in...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno really... according to most Christians, God did create humans to be the perfect being. To have his angels bow down before us.... but, God didn't create the perfect being.... Humans are flawed... greatly.... he made a mistake somewhere. Possibly, however, sleepy is right also.

Before Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, they're innocent and pure, after they ate the forbidden fruit, that is when they begin to feel odd. You can interprit it this way, before Adam and Eve got kick out of the Eden garden, they're flawless, after that, they're not, because they knew too many things.

Edit: Please don't ever say anything like that again. It was rude and inconsiderate.

Anywho I believe God is not a person yet a super spirit that creates and binds all things together. (quoted from that black dude in Bedazzled) And that he doesn't make mistakes. Humans only have flaws because we make flaws. If we followed the rules and laws of nature there wouldn't be any sickness/crime/death ect....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sleepy [/i]
[B]Before Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, they're innocent and pure, after they ate the forbidden fruit, that is when they begin to feel odd. You can interprit it this way, before Adam and Eve got kick out of the Eden garden, they're flawless, after that, they're not, because they knew too many things. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]That's a good point... very good.. I forgot about that.

--Machine Gods--[/SIZE]

I have undoubted belief that there is a God.
And about your dispute of religions, have you noticed that different areas in the World have different religions eh? The different religions are made to suit the different ideals of all people. Where religions collide, there is war, because two or more of peoples ideals are colliding. That is where emigrating gets you. Many of the poor people in China and the Afgan countries believe in re-incarnation, because they believe they will be rewarded in the next life, for what they do in this one. That is what keeps them going. Chritstians have the belief that they will go to heaven if they are good, and hell if they are bad, and this is what keeps them good people. But when two religions collide, and people start argueing over which is right, is when wars break out. In conclusion, I believe different religions were created to suit certain people, depending on which they will be most happy with.
About your question of humans being flawed. This brings me back to the wars. Let me ask you something, where are the species that naturally hunt and kill humans? Our minds were designed so that we would not conflict with other species, but with each other. We have wars so people die for their sins, but this also keeps the population down. Notice that the worthy cause ALWAYS wins the war. And it has to be said, but we are not the dominant species. Insects out number us 200,000,000 to 1. But because of their limited intelligence, thy will never figure out that they could easily wipe us out.
See, most of you have very stubborn views on this topic, but if you started thinking laterally for a minute, things will soon start making sense.

The Bible does not contradict it self. Ex: Adam and Eve were commanded not to eat the fruit and to populate the Earth(the only way to do that would be by eating the fruit). Now think way back when you were lilttle. Ok, now what did your moms and dads say? "Stay away from the stove," "Never touch the stove or it will hurt you." But now think back till when you are about 13-14. Ok, "Hey, whoever, can you go make some mac and cheese, on the stove for us?"

My point is. That when the Bible 'contradicts' itself, it reall isn't it just that who ever has 'grown up', therefore being allowed to do the things it was once commanded not to do.

liamc2, I'm in the Macon GA stake (USA :)) and yeah, I left out the first line; I was trying to be as brief as possible (and to anyone who is so painfully curious, the first line of that scripture is "O that cunning plan of the evil one" i.e. Satan. If you don't know what I'm talk about go to page 3 of this thread). Heh, it's another Mormon! yay! :excited: :excited: :excited: I thought my sister and I and SSJ2 Gohu were the only ones. Anyway....

Some things in the King James bible [i]do[/i] contradict themselves (that's why we have the JST..... remember?) But if things in the bible do contradict themselves, it's because of the flaw of man. What my point is and what I'm getting at is God and Jesus Christ are perfect. They are, and they are the supreme rulers of our universe. Yes, we were created in the image of them. We are not, however, perfect. We are flawed, and through an extensive discussion I could go into pages and pages of how and who and why we are saved and a whole bunch of stuff about being 'saved' and attaining salvation are different, etc. etc. etc. Obviously, I'm just going to stick to the point.

Since humans are flawed, they have therefore corrupted the good and simple, plain and precious truths of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Hence, the bible. It has been changed, edited, passages deleted, added, and is not the perfect text. It is still a good text overall, but it is not in a once perfect state without error. However, there is a text that has only been transcribed once from its original form, and therefore it is perfect in its teachings, remaining undiluted by decieving hands. In fact, the only changes made at all were punctuation; like commas and periods (since it is unlikely that these were included in Egyptian short-hand). This is the Book of Mormon. I'm not going to go into explaination of this, since as of yet it hasn't been brought up until now (well, I did quote a scripture from it... but that's beside the point). But if someone [i]actually[/i] wants to know more (heh, I'll do a happy dance or a jig if that happens) then go ahead and ask. But anyway, I've rambled enough. Hope I've made sense.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]liamc2, I'm in the Macon GA stake (USA :)) and yeah, I left out the first line; I was trying to be as brief as possible (and to anyone who is so painfully curious, the first line of that scripture is "O that cunning plan of the evil one" i.e. Satan. If you don't know what I'm talk about go to page 3 of this thread). Heh, it's another Mormon! yay! :excited: :excited: :excited: I thought my sister and I and SSJ2 Gohu were the only ones. Anyway....

Some things in the King James bible [i]do[/i] contradict themselves (that's why we have the JST..... remember?) But if things in the bible do contradict themselves, it's because of the flaw of man. What my point is and what I'm getting at is God and Jesus Christ are perfect. They are, and they are the supreme rulers of our universe. Yes, we were created in the image of them. We are not, however, perfect. We are flawed, and through an extensive discussion I could go into pages and pages of how and who and why we are saved and a whole bunch of stuff about being 'saved' and attaining salvation are different, etc. etc. etc. Obviously, I'm just going to stick to the point.

Since humans are flawed, they have therefore corrupted the good and simple, plain and precious truths of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Hence, the bible. It has been changed, edited, passages deleted, added, and is not the perfect text. It is still a good text overall, but it is not in a once perfect state without error. However, there is a text that has only been transcribed once from its original form, and therefore it is perfect in its teachings, remaining undiluted by decieving hands. In fact, the only changes made at all were punctuation; like commas and periods (since it is unlikely that these were included in Egyptian short-hand). This is the Book of Mormon. I'm not going to go into explaination of this, since as of yet it hasn't been brought up until now (well, I did quote a scripture from it... but that's beside the point). But if someone [i]actually[/i] wants to know more (heh, I'll do a happy dance or a jig if that happens) then go ahead and ask. But anyway, I've rambled enough. Hope I've made sense. [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand! But I'm LDS like you, so I kinda cheated. But I did do a brief description of the Book of Mormon. But only telling of where and what. but if anyone would like to know more of the Book of Mormon fell free to ask, if you did I would do a happy dance or jig as well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ2 Gohu [/i]
[B]

I understand! But I'm LDS like you, so I kinda cheated. But I did do a brief description of the Book of Mormon. But only telling of where and what. but if anyone would like to know more of the Book of Mormon fell free to ask, if you did I would do a happy dance or jig as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

You did?? *goes back and reads* Yep, you sure did. I musta skimmed and missed that. :blush: sowwy :D You know, it feels good to not be alone in these kinds of threads all the time. It becomes drudgery after a while (I'm sure you can relate:rolleyes: ;) )

[B]

You did?? *goes back and reads* Yep, you sure did. I musta skimmed and missed that. :blush: sowwy :D You know, it feels good to not be alone in these kinds of threads all the time. It becomes drudgery after a while (I'm sure you can relate:rolleyes: ;) ) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does get tiring after a lil bit (imagine 2 years of doing this, whew hard work, but I'll be older then) but I was looking forward to it when I saw it, it should be fun. *gets all excited* Now for some questions...... Anybody??

Oh I looked into EFY 2002 and sign ups are Jan 7(or something around there). I think I'm going to go to the GA one!!!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ2 Gohu [/i]
[B]

Yeah, it does get tiring after a lil bit (imagine 2 years of doing this, whew hard work, but I'll be older then) but I was looking forward to it when I saw it, it should be fun. *gets all excited* Now for some questions...... Anybody??

Oh I looked into EFY 2002 and sign ups are Jan 7(or something around there). I think I'm going to go to the GA one!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I've been like, the only one in my seminary class that gives a hoot, so whenever Mormons come up (and, oh yes, in the Southern Baptist-dominated south, we do) I'm always the one that gets the questions. It's been like that since I started highschool (I'm a junior now).

Sign ups are in January??! :eek: :nervous: geez louise, I dunno if I can get $300+ by then! See, since my parents paid for me to go the last three years, I have to pay for myself, and they pay for my sister. I haven't had time to get a job yet! *is worried* ooh boy, I better start lookin'...... and yeah, we'll be going to the Atlanta session.

[B]

[SIZE=1]Whaaaat?! How was any of that rude?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

It's what he said, not what you said.

And I deleted what he said.... there was something else in it's place.... Basically saying that if you didn't believe in God you were wrong and then some other rude comments that have no place here.

[B]

I know what you mean, I've been like, the only one in my seminary class that gives a hoot, so whenever Mormons come up (and, oh yes, in the Southern Baptist-dominated south, we do) I'm always the one that gets the questions. It's been like that since I started highschool (I'm a junior now).

Sign ups are in January??! :eek: :nervous: geez louise, I dunno if I can get $300+ by then! See, since my parents paid for me to go the last three years, I have to pay for myself, and they pay for my sister. I haven't had time to get a job yet! *is worried* ooh boy, I better start lookin'...... and yeah, we'll be going to the Atlanta session. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, January. I just checked. You better hurry! But GA or FL is kinda ifey(sp?) Right now. I don't think my mom wants to drive up there. But I bet I can convince her:smirk: :smirk: :angel: :angel:

this forum is turning into my Religion class at school (its a catholic school lol! :cross: ) so it becomes funny when i end contradicting everything the teacher ses and they end up realisind whats wrong with their religion and how our religion isn't some crackpot religion thats gunna dissapear sometime soon. And about the JST, you're right, that is what its for:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]this forum is turning into my Religion class at school (its a catholic school lol! :cross: ) so it becomes funny when i end contradicting everything the teacher ses and they end up realisind whats wrong with their religion and how our religion isn't some crackpot religion thats gunna dissapear sometime soon. And about the JST, you're right, that is what its for:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I doubt that our religion will 'just disappear'. I mean we have had a steady increase of members ever since it was founded. Maybe except when they killed all of our men in the Haun's Mill Massacre, which is why we started piligamy, right? Oh and another thing on Pligimy....The wife choose the other wifes, usally their best friends, or close friends. And there was no law against it. But I won't get into that, now unless the subject is brought up again.

[B][SIZE=1]

PS. DID YOU KNOW (this is absolutly amazing!) JEDI IS NOW A RELIGION!?

[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Nooo you have been misinformed. Jedi is [i]not[/i] a religion (though it would be cool if it was, in an odd sort of way, I'm sure most Christians woud be all up in arms about it). It was a huge rumor that it was going to be on the 2000 census in Australia (I think) as a religion...but no, not so. All a rumor, my friend.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Nooo you have been misinformed. Jedi is [i]not[/i] a religion (though it would be cool if it was, in an odd sort of way, I'm sure most Christians woud be all up in arms about it). It was a huge rumor that it was going to be on the 2000 census in Australia (I think) as a religion...but no, not so. All a rumor, my friend.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

you're right, some guy actually put down Jedi as a religion and i think the government accepted it, but my details are sketchy. . . .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Nooo you have been misinformed. Jedi is [i]not[/i] a religion (though it would be cool if it was, in an odd sort of way, I'm sure most Christians woud be all up in arms about it). It was a huge rumor that it was going to be on the 2000 census in Australia (I think) as a religion...but no, not so. All a rumor, my friend.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]there was a tone of sadness in BG's voice/post when she said/posted that...
I could hear/feel it half the world away..[/b]:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B]

[b]there was a tone of sadness in BG's voice/post when she said/posted that...
I could hear/feel it half the world away..[/b]:D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I hate to get off topic in here, but...yes. It would be (as I said) oddly awesome if Jedi was a religion *realizes everyone is glaring at her, runs away to hide with her lightsaber*.

Eh...but anyway...is it safe to say this in here? I think that the whole made-up Jedi stuff is actually really cool. They follow a very strict moral code of conduct (hence, it is called the Jedi Code, something that I could recite for you, but shall spare you the pain...)

Anyway, the whole idea of Jedi-ism (the teachings and beliefs rather than the "using the Force") is actually [i]based[/i] on Christianity.

So yes...Anakin Skywalker, the "chosen one"...the one to bring peace to the galaxy? We shall see, but...sounds a lot like the prophecy of Jesus...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]well that explains alot but still, doesn't annikin skywalker turn into darth vader?:D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yes, yes he does. I could give you almost the entire history of Star Wars if you wanted...but I honestly doubt anyone would really want to hear it. Heh...Star Wars forever. Wait a sec...this is a religious topic...perhaps I shall leave now...:wigout:[/color]