OtakuBoards

Please take this maturely

Pressure

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you bring up the meaning of faith as something you trust that you don't see or know is truely there, it also refers to trusting of something or someone... that IS real... tw types of faith....

faith (fth)
n.
1) Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

2) Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

3) Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.

4) [i]often Faith Christianity[/i]. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.

5) The body of dogma of a religion: [i]the Muslim faith.[/i]

6) A set of principles or beliefs.

As you can see, faith has meaning for both spiritual and physical planes of life... When refering to spiritual Faith, the idea you brought up having to do with God or something not knowingly there is true, however, int he physical plane you can put faith in something that does exist... a person, place, idea, thing or event. I tend to sway more toward the physical plane rather then rest my life on a spiritual feeling or belief.

As far as the fact we matter.... to alot of people, they believe we are the only ones that exist in this universe... which i find extremely hard to believe... it simply isn't logical enough... our solar system, our Galaxy is not but a spec on the canvas that is space... and space is still expanding..... we are puny little nothings..... I'm sure out there... somewhere there are more living creatures... a culture, a society, a race... somewhere.... I can't wait till that day when we find those things.... which won't be in my lifetime... but sometime in the future we will find more..... at least i think we will.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]wow, you could mention that in the new era [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, :D I doubt they'd take it. Besides, I'm just spitting this out of my 17-year-old brain, I doubt it makes sense to a lot of people here. But......... you know, that you mention it, that'd be a pretty sweet job- writing for the new era or something. hey, thanks for the idea. :babble: :D

o.O Anna we are going to have to agree to disagree...I won't ever buy into the whole religon thing...esspecially to the whole profits and text...one simple word rules it all out..HUMAN!!...*shrugs*..TN It would be so awsome if we got to meet aliens or whatever ya want to call em...I personally would love to go exploring space...but that is doubtable...course ya never know *grins*and I can dream!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Here's why it's a religion....

[b]Religion - re·li·gion (r-ljn)
n. [/b]

[b]1)
a)[/b] Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
[b] b)[/b] A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
[b]2) [/b]e life or condition of a person in a religious order.
[b]3) [/b]A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
[b]4) [/b]A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

The fact that you have a sacred text, refering to the bible or any variation of it, confers that Christianity IS a religion. A religion is essentially a cult.. now before you get all pissy pants about the word cult... I'm not refering to evil cults. You all need to get dictionaries.... a cult is a group of people who all follow or believe in the same things... a religion is essentially the same thing but it has set morals, a diety or dieties, more so than not a sacred text, and they don't have to pay taxes lol

Whether it's supposed to be a "relationship" with God or not, it's still a religion. Christianity has all those in the deffinition of "religion" and is widely considered a religion... It can still be a "relationship" with God, but it's also a religion.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I never said that it is not a Religion, i said it wasn't MEANT to be one. and LM, I am not trying to witness, but it happens sometimes. and half the time, I dont care about what the hell i am talking about.

there is someone up in "heaven" whatever u want 2 call it and u may call that "thing" god or whateveer but thats all i believe in.... not adam and eve or ne other stories i just believe there is someone who watches over all of us nomatter what he is called he dosn't take ne sides like being a christian god or a buddists god or a catholic god.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]

I never said that it is not a Religion, i said it wasn't MEANT to be one. and LM, I am not trying to witness, but it happens sometimes. and half the time, I dont care about what the hell i am talking about. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whats meant to be and what is are two different thigns. You should probably stick more on what is than what is meant to be, cause really, you don't even know what anyone meant anything to be.

"...and the gods wept when man created religion, for it brought more suffering then good..." --unknown author

I beleive that faith is a must, a belief in something or nothing is healthy, however, the older I get the more I realize that organized religions seem to cause as much seperation and bigotry as they do joy. I am not saying organized
religion is bad, it just needs to be reevaluated.

[SIZE=1]No one noticed my last post on this...

I guess that... Whhoooo, I am a ghost...

Anyway, I think and belive like TN that religion is pointless, all worshiping one God through 3000 different ways....

Religion is a cult... remember that...

No one will notice me, they can't see me... WOOoooo...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]No one noticed my last post on this...

Anyway, I think and belive like TN that religion is pointless, all worshiping one God through 3000 different ways....

No one will notice me, they can't see me... WOOoooo...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

b00

I can see you!

anyway, I'm still not going to comment, tho I think TN has a good round up of ideas like my own

:nervous: :worried:

[B][SIZE=1]No one noticed my last post on this...

No one will notice me, they can't see me... WOOoooo...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
You're not a ghost, you're a shadow.
I don't think religion is pointless, because I'm a believer. It's a way for me to have faith and confidence. You can have faith and confidence in different way.

Ehhhhhh.......I dunno whether I belive in him or not. I'm not a Christian, and I don't belive in the way God made the Earth and the animals and all that stuff, and I acually belive in that "big bang" theory (sp?), but sometimes I still wonder: Who created the universe? I mean like, how did all the galaxys get here and stuff like that?

[SIZE=1]I guess everyone's opinion is valid, but I am with TN on this.

DBZman, I also belive the Big Bang theory and I think that science is more belivable than God... Sorry, but I do... I don't belive in God much anyway...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sleepy [/i]
[B]
He used to be the angel of light. God kick him out of heaven and send him to hell. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, I know he was like, the first angel, but why does everyone call him Satan...? In the living world was he called Lucifer Satan?

And why did God kick him out of heaven?[/SIZE]

[B]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, I know he was like, the first angel, but why does everyone call him Satan...? In the living world was he called Lucifer Satan?

And why did God kick him out of heaven?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

This is how the story goes. This one angel was a very good angel. But started to do things angel weren't surpost to do such as mean and not nice things. God did not want this in his kingdom so he kicked Satan out. Satan toke other bad angels and made Hell. That is where it all started. I'm not sure what his name was at the time but ofcourse we all know he has MANY names. But I believe it is lucifer because that is a achient greek word....I think.

He was too proud of himself, because he was the angel of light. He wanted to be god (something like that). He vow to be opposite of God to take revenge. Satan mean devil, prince of darkness,(you can check the dictionary for the meaning)

[SIZE=1]Oh.. ok. I see now, so he wanted to be God... right, and then he decided to BE God, but in a different way... evil ways...
Here are the names I know:-
The Devil.
Satan.
Lucifer.
Prince of Darkness.
Lucifer the Fallen.

I guess for every name of God, there is a name for Lucifer too...

Science is more beliveble though I still think.[/SIZE]

You forgot Bulzabar and the evil one. He is a God now and he is happy with it. God gave him alot of power and he wanted him. and now he has it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyadude [/i]
[B]

This is how the story goes. This one angel was a very good angel. But started to do things angel weren't surpost to do such as mean and not nice things. God did not want this in his kingdom so he kicked Satan out. Satan toke other bad angels and made Hell. That is where it all started. I'm not sure what his name was at the time but ofcourse we all know he has MANY names. But I believe it is lucifer because that is a achient greek word....I think. [/B][/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. . .Ok in the premortal exsistance, God wanted us to progress to a higher state. And the way do to this is by the Plan of Salvation. The Plan of Salvation was a plan that God created and in it we were to be taken to Earth and tested. Lucifer and 1/3 of the spirits rebeled against God's plan and wanted to take away our agency so we would make it back to heaven, for sure. Jesus did not rebel and went along with the PLan of Salvation. Therefore Lucifer and his folowers were punished and their punishment was to be thrust out of Heaven to Hell. So now Satan tempts us so that we can become miserible like he is.

His name was meant for a righteous person (Lucifer meaning: Son of the Morning, Shining One, orLightbringer)and since he was not righteous, it ws changed to Satan(meaning Slanderer or Adversary)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ2 Gohu [/i]
[B]

I beg to differ. . .Ok in the premortal exsistance, God wanted us to progress to a higher state. And the way do to this is by the Plan of Salvation. The Plan of Salvation was a plan that God created and in it we were to be taken to Earth and tested. Lucifer and 1/3 of the spirits rebeled against God's plan and wanted to take away our agency so we would make it back to heaven, for sure. Jesus did not rebel and went along with the PLan of Salvation. Therefore Lucifer and his folowers were punished and their punishment was to be thrust out of Heaven to Hell. So now Satan tempts us so that we can become miserible like he is.

His name was meant for a righteous person (Lucifer meaning: Son of the Morning, Shining One, orLightbringer)and since he was not righteous, it ws changed to Satan(meaning Slanderer or Adversary) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm, Didn't Satan exist before Mankind was created... I specifically remember him saying he would vow revenge on God... but through God's creation of man.... he was the one that tempted or put the snake in the garden of eden... to temp God's creatures..... He succeeded quite well if I do say so myself..

If you want more of a good background on Satan and what happened, watch the movie DOGMA..... it's really good when it comes to that stuff.... and making fun of Catholosism... which I found funny.... because Kevin Smith, who directed it, is also Catholic... so all is good... it also opens your mind about certain aspects talked about in this thread.... deffinantly a good watch.

Satan may have succeded in tempting adam and eve into partaking of the forbidden fruit, but what he did was required for the plan of salvation to continue. As Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden, they felt pain and were able to die, this also enabled them to have children, which let other spirits in heaven come to earth to carry out their test.