OtakuBoards

Please take this maturely

Pressure

Do you believe in God?

I never was raised w/ a religion and I can't say I do and I can't say I don't. Because I don't know. But my thoughts are as follows...

Before we get to that, I must say this one thing, I do not hate God. I do not hate anyone who believes in God. Many of my friends believe in God. Many of them also believe in the theory of evolution. But I just want it known that I do not hate anyone who believes in God.

God is merely a figment of the imagination created to fool the sub-concious into believing that we are anything BUT in control of our own lives. To me, God was created by a thought so that we could all sleep better at night believing that someone else is in control of our lives. Er go, if something bad happened, it wasn't our faults. It was God. And, the gods and myth's etc. were told to explain the currently inexplainable. One day we will be able to scientifically explain all the things we can't now. But until then, God is the answer for most.

Also, the idea of God has always sorta bothered me. Not in a bad way but I'm the idiot who'd go around asking dumbass questions no one can answer such as..

Where is heaven? How come everyone looks for heaven but nobody looks for hell? Is going to hell REALLY that bad? Eternal torture right.. well... wouldn't you think that eventually you'd get used to the pain? Is God a man? What does god look like? Why Mary? How come God doesn't have a name?

So anyways... I created this thread b/c I want to know your thoughts. Please be mature!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b][color=indigo][size=1]
Yes, i do believe in God..Very much...
Yes, I do think abotu questions like that. Yes some of them cannot be answered. It is all about faith. You gotta have faith and believe and you just know that he is there watching over you. I do respect other people that have other religions, because they have the right to have their own religion. You just gotta have faith and believe that he is there...[/b][/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B][b][color=indigo][size=1]
Yes, i do believe in God..Very much...
Yes, I do think abotu questions like that. Yes some of them cannot be answered. It is all about faith. You gotta have faith and believe and you just know that he is there watching over you. I do respect other people that have other religions, because they have the right to have their own religion. You just gotta have faith and believe that he is there...[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]I agree with you,Noodelz.I do believe in God.But I also have many questions that are unanswered and it makes me think about God.Oh well.:)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]I've been wondering about this for a long time...what are the differences between Catholics and "non-denomonational" Christians?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Catholicism IS Christianity, but they're more strict, worship the Virigin Mary more so than Jesus, believe that Mary was the immaculate birth rather than Jesus, they have more books in their Bible than other denominations...basically just a much more traditional religion.

They worship the same God as all Christians, they just have their differences, as do all other denominations. I think that you're confused about the fact that Catholics ARE Christians...because they are...[/color]

god does have a name.. jehovah, allah, krishna, maya... it's all the same being. every religion worships the same god, only w/ different names.

god is real. i have studed science & believe it proves the existance of god. some things are unexplainable w/out the intervention of some higher power. but, my idea of "god" is a higher life form, & surely those must exist.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]god is real. i have studed science & believe it proves the existance of god. some things are unexplainable w/out the intervention of some higher power. but, my idea of "god" is a higher life form, & surely those must exist. [/B][/QUOTE]

There is NO proof of God's existance. Just unexplained things. Like how the world was made, etc... doesn't mean there is god, just unexplained... you don't know, God isn't always the obvious answer.

The one thing I don't get..... Why are there so many different religions that worship only one God.... kinda makes it all sound pretty stupid to me... Did God tell you all to worship him differently? I mean what? Is he playing some funny joke to make you all look like pathetic fools? God told you to call him 3,000 different names, have 300 books, and has said beyond imaginable things to many different people...

Why do we have religions?.... Why can't you just believe in God and leave it at that.... I don't think God cares, as long as you believe in him....

Sorry, I just find it funny that so many different things and one god... Someone must have made it all up except the one right one... who knows which one is the right one, for all you know, YOU could be the false believer.... and you'll never know.... some mind candy for you.