wayofthreversed Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 Where do you live? I thought about this now I am not asking for your street number but more the town/city/village that you live in? I live in Nestorvile,ON it is a small little village out in the middle of nowhere I have to take the bus 3o miles to go to school.
DeityTheGreat Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 [FONT=Tahoma]I live in Bakersfield which i recently graduanted from North High im currently visiting my mom and hope to go back but meanwhile ill relax up here in oregon, [/FONT] Ive moved back now lol imm living on my own in an apartment its great and so is BC. which is the college im going to
king_monkey Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 im living in detroit michigan and its cold but im relocating soon to rockfort illinios to live with my wifee oh yeah and i plan on retiering in osaka or tokyo japan or south africa :animesmil
Stark Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 I live...nowhere near any of you. Then again, if I say 'Tampa bay area, Florida' I'm sure some people will understand. It sucks, really. I live in Florida, where it never snows and rarely gets cold, but it's not too great for me. You see, I'm a red head, and I have fair skin. I burn easily, dangit, and no amount of sunscreen can save me from the sun's burning UV rays.
Guest kuroinuyoukai Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 I live in one of the states that gets made fun of all the time-Tennessee. I am currently residing in a dorm on the campus of University of Memphis. It is strangely warm here and there aren't alot of trees.
Retribution Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 [size=1]I wish I lived in New England. Everyone up there is so cool and democratic. Haha. But I live in Washington, DC... so I'd say it's close enough.[/size]
Veritas Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 [size=1][color=darkred]Right now I live in Orem, Utah. I would say it has it ups and downs, I really like it right now because it is winter, and that means snowboarding. Though I hate the cold:animeswea. I wish it would just snow up in the mountains and stay like 80 down here.[/color][/size]
sinna Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 I live in a state famous for its potatoes- Idaho. To be more precise, Filer Idaho. It gets fairly cold during the winter, but we never have snow, so it sucks. :animecry:
Kuroshin13 Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 I'm a New Yorker, born and raised. I live in a tiny unheard of suburbian village named East Rockaway on Long Island that literally has nothing except a school, houses/apartments, a tiny park, and various pizza joints and/or convenience stores.
The Newfie Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 D'as Newfoundland by' and don' yea forget't! Little taste of the local tounge. The island-province of Newfoundland (New-fund-land) is where I call home, specifically the city of St.John's. Great place to live - peaceful, great weather (If you like it cold, and unforgiving, which I do), and great people. Wouldn't live anywhere else. We got lot's of fish and lots of oil (offshore) and lots of hosers - I work on a fishing trawler in the summer so I spend a lot of my time offshore - I only live here for half the year. Da' newf.
OMNOMNOMALY Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Orange]Huzzah! First Canadian to post in here! I live in the great prairies. Specifically, Edmonton, Alberta. If anybody can name what the most famous place in my city is(or rather, what everyone visits for), I'll give you a cookie. Edit:And right as I say it, a fellow Canadian posts ahead of me. Curses. Nevermind. SECOND Canadian.[/COLOR][/FONT]
IceRose Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 Living with my parents currently in Durham, North Carolina. My house is about 15 minutes from Duke university. There is a lot of rain and a lot of wind here. I hvae lived though in Garwood New Jersey and plan to go back there after graduation and my dad is moving family again to Fl after graduation to live in Orlando
Starwind Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 I'm from holiday Florida. Well actually I was born in St. Pete, but am curretnly living in Holiday. There not that far apart; it's all still in the Tampa Bay area. I like it down here and I've moved around so much I know my way around pretty well. Where I am now is a crap hole, there is nothign near me anymore and I hate it. I used to walk to the local bookstore almost every day, but now it's a twenty minute drive to get there. It sucks, but what are you gonna do.
Corey Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 [quote name='CoLoR_Me_EviL][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Orange]If anybody can name what the most famous place in my city is(or rather, what everyone visits for), I'll give you a cookie.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote] [size=1]I'm going to go with the Alberta Clippers that my home always gets hit with. Milwaukee, WI, USA if you were wondering. I'm actually hoping for a clipper this year. If it snows enough, it'll be warmer when I go camping next month. Though I wouldn't exactly mind the sub-freezing temperatures. I've camped in worse.[/size]
renayiiq Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 Before I tell you people where I live you will have to realize this: 1.) I'm not really from here, I'm from Maryland. I'm not a hick or a redneck, and no, I don't know spanish. I hate this place, it is truly a hell on earth. If people knew my reasons, they'd call me racist. I live in El Pisshole -- I mean, El Paso, TX. It's just an extension of Juarez. "No hablo ingles." I'm a minority in this city, so don't even try to play the race card. Not gonna work. This place sucks. It's dry, it's dead...it sucks. There's no such thing as GREEEEN. It's all brown, yellow, and yellow-green. Uck.
Outlaw Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 [QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]I wish I lived in New England. Everyone up there is so cool and democratic. Haha. But I live in Washington, DC... so I'd say it's close enough.[/size][/QUOTE] Haha......NO! It's NOT! I'm just saying this because I techniquelly life in both. I'm from the suburbs of DC, born and raised, but I go to school up in Hartford, CT. And I gotta tell ya, I love it so much more up here. I love the weather up here, because I am cold blooded through and through. And you can wear snow jackets in the dead of summer up here. The only problem I have is that whenever I mention I'm from Maryland, everyone assumes: "South of the Mason-Dickson line. You mean you screw your cousin?" No, no I do not. I'm not West Virginian.
renayiiq Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 [quote name='Outlaw']The only problem I have is that whenever I mention I'm from Maryland, everyone assumes: "South of the Mason-Dickson line. You mean you screw your cousin?" No, no I do not. I'm not West Virginian.[/quote] Well, at least you don't have my problem. When i go up to Maryland to visit my grandparents, I'll sometimes meet people at the mall or something, and I mention that I'm visiting from Texas. They usually ask why I don't have an accent or if there's alot of cowboys there. LOL.
Corey Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 [quote name='renayiiq']They usually ask why I don't have an accent or if there's alot of cowboys there.[/quote] [size=1][southern drawl] "All my exes live in Texas." [/southern drawl] Sorry, I couldn't resist. I wasn't poking fun at you in the slightest. And Wisconsinites are usually accused of having an accent, but we're the anti-accent of the US. Our accent is no accent. That's why most Newscasters talk like us.[/size]
Tical's Foxboy Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 I am from Hamersville Ohio it is in the middle of bofu (the woods)
Gavin Posted November 30, 2005 Posted November 30, 2005 [SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting. Ah, the double achievement of being the first European and first Irishman to post. Well as my initial response may have hinted, I hail from the Emerald Isle about ten or so miles from the town of Clonmel in South Tipperary. It's a fairly normal town in itself twenty-something thousand people, some nice shops, a few good pubs and a grand little cinema for when you feel like it. [/SIZE]
Corey Posted December 1, 2005 Posted December 1, 2005 [quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Ah, the double achievement of being the first European and first Irishman to post.[/SIZE][/quote] [size=1]First Irishman to live in Ireland, you mean. ^_^[/size]
nomad19 Posted December 1, 2005 Posted December 1, 2005 hehe first asian to post!! i grew up in portland oregon, but lately im studying in the philippines...so actually having two homes hehe it's pretty cool but you get to miss people alot...
OMNOMNOMALY Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 [QUOTE=Corey][size=1]I'm going to go with the Alberta Clippers that my home always gets hit with. Milwaukee, WI, USA if you were wondering. I'm actually hoping for a clipper this year. If it snows enough, it'll be warmer when I go camping next month. Though I wouldn't exactly mind the sub-freezing temperatures. I've camped in worse.[/size][/QUOTE] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Orange]I was going for place. I actually didn't know that we shared our weather. Sucks for you, I hate our winter weather. *laughs* I'd say that by far, the most famous place in my city is West Edmonton Mall. That's pretty much the only reason for anyone to visit. =P[/COLOR][/FONT]
Raiyuu Posted December 3, 2005 Posted December 3, 2005 [color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]Welcome to OtakuBoards, [b]DrChicken. [/b]If you read back over the rest of the thread you'll see that everyone else has put a lot more detail into their posts than you. We like to see posts that add the discussion and do not answer in a closed way. You could say what you think of Sydney, for example. You don't have to write a novel, but as it stands your post is pretty much [b]spam, [/b]as we define it. You can see what else we define as spam on the Rules and FAQ pages (located on the left sidebar). If you have any other questions, contact me or one of the other Moderators. Enjoy your stay. [/font][/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now