OtakuBoards

The Choice and Opinion Survey #3

Ice Dragon v2

Here's #3 of my famous Choice and Opinion Survey.

1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.

2. What do you think is the most dangerous thing in society?? And please keep it coherant.

3. Do you still believe in "Jolly ol' St. Nick"

4. Should science mess around with religion???

5. Is it morally wrong to kill a person if you were told to???

6. Is this saying right: "The World is a safer place." Post reasons if you want to.

7. What is worse?? Hatred or anger?? Post reasons if you feel like it.

8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich.)

Now let the survey begin and have fun.

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]Here's #3 of my famous Choice and Opinion Survey.

2. What do you think is the most dangerous thing in society?? And please keep it coherant.

6. Is this saying right: "The World is a safer place." Post reasons if you want to.

8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich.)

Now let the survey begin and have fun. [/B][/QUOTE]

1.yes, some....
2.racism and greed
3.ohhh yah:rolleyes: j/k
4. no
5. i guess not in the army
6. no
7. i think they go together so both
8. uh, i'am middle class

[size=1][B]1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]Yes.[/FONT]

[b]2. What do you think is the most dangerous thing in society?? And please keep it coherant.[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]Stupidity.[/FONT]

[b]3. Do you still believe in "Jolly ol' St. Nick"[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]What, don't you? :p[/FONT]

[b]4. Should science mess around with religion???[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]I don't understand how it could do so. Explain, and I'll try and answer.[/FONT]

[b]5. Is it morally wrong to kill a person if you were told to???[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]Yes.[/FONT]

[b]6. Is this saying right: "The World is a safer place." Post reasons if you want to.[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]Safer for whom?[/FONT]

[b]7. What is worse?? Hatred or anger?? Post reasons if you feel like it.[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]People do stupid things for both reasons. Hatred can be the same thing as anger.[/FONT]

[b]8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich.)[/b]

[FONT=century gothic]Can't say as anyone's ever said that to me.[/FONT][/size]

[B] i don't think there is any clear good or bad. there's some acts that are insanely bad, like rape, but overall it's just a gray area[/B]

[B]Religious fanatics[/B]

[B]sure, might as well believe in something[/B]

[B] No. all it does is create arguements. why try to prove some old book wrong when you could try curing diseases and what not?[/B]

[B]Depends who it was. If you were told to kill Osama Bin Laden, would you do it?[/B]

[B] I think it overall is safer. Yes there are places with war, but back in the medieval times you could be killed for walking into a forest, or just because a king felt like killing you. that's why feudalism was created, the world was too dangerous[/B]

[B]they're the same in my eyes, and i don't have anything against either of them. people are going to hate and get angered, no bother stopping it[/B]

[B] i'm not rich....[/B]

--of course. plenty of it. the light is overtaking the darkness.

--hatred towards fellow man (you could say prejudice).

--hmm.... this is what i was told as a kid: "the letters in santa mixed up spell SATAN!" so, no, i never believed in him. my parents wanted me to know they were the ones buying me presents, anyway.

--do you mean disproving a religious belief w/ science? i'm not sure what you mean. i'm inclined to believe that science & religion should be seperate.

--ummm... depends on the reason. i'm anti-war, though, so i personally wouldn't do it.

--safer in some ways, more dangerous in others. i mean, nobody had to worry about planes crashing into buildings way back then. also, there are parts of the world that are unaffected by technology, b/c they don't have any.

--hatred. even jesus got angry & trashed the temple, but hatred is just destructive. even justified hatred would not exist if an original hatred hadn't occured first.

--heheh. i usually just blush modestly & don't say a word. though i'm not rich anymore... until my parents die.
[/QUOTE]

1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.[/B]

Yes. If the earth was completely evil, it would have been destroyed by now. Think about it.[B]

2. What do you think is the most dangerous thing in society?? And please keep it coherant.[/B]

Ignorance. From ignorance stems most of the follies that corrupt society, such as racism, discrimination, materialism, etc.[B]

3. Do you still believe in "Jolly ol' St. Nick" [/B]

..... :toothy: ... :therock: :angel: (what do YOU think??)[B]

4. Should science mess around with religion???[/B]

Eh? science can do what it wants. It doesn't matter. [B]

5. Is it morally wrong to kill a person if you were told to???[/B]

Hmm..... in a religious prospective, if you were commanded by God to do so, then I guess not (in some instances, it has been necessary for the greater good that the evil should perish). Sooo, it would depend on the authority that tells you to do the killing. War is evil through and through, and even in war, killing is wrong, I think, even though it is almost always unavoidable in the circumstances (that or die). But like, a hired henchman? no.[B]

6. Is this saying right: "The World is a safer place." Post reasons if you want to.[/B]

Erm,....... safer than what??! Oh, living on Venus? Sure. :rolleyes: [B]

7. What is worse?? Hatred or anger?? Post reasons if you feel like it.[/B]

Well, they're both one in the same pretty much. If you have one, you have the other, or one leads to the other. Both ought to be avoided.[B]

8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich.)[/B]

Heck no I don't brag about it! I'm not proud of it, no reason to be; it's my parents' money and not mine anyway (I never see a bit of it). And we're not necessarily rich. Well, if my parents only had me and one of my siblings instead of FIVE kids they have to provide for, then yeah, we'd had more wriggle room money-wise. We're very fortunate, but I don't like saying we're "rich".

1.Yes
2.Old People
3.No way in helen!
4.Of Course not!
5.If I was in the mood no.
6.Now are you kidding me?
7.Hatred. Anger is just upset feelings. Hatred is pure dark feelings. Much worse than Anger
8.I wouldn't brag. For one telling everyone i'm rich gets me a step closer to getting robbed.

[B]1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.[/b]

[color=purple]Yes.[/color]

[b]2. What do you think is the most dangerous thing in society?? And please keep it coherant.[/b]

[color=purple]Racism.[/color]

[b]3. Do you still believe in "Jolly ol' St. Nick"[/b]

[color=purple]Indeed i sure do,even though I never get presents(probaly only a Candycane) from him but during the holidays I'll see him asking kids to sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas,but does he get them what they want for Christmas? :)[/color]

[color=purple]Eh,probaly not.[/color]

[color=purple]Dang right it is.[/color]

[b]6. Is this saying right: "The World is a safer place." Post reasons if you want to.[/b]

[color=purple]Ain't sure.[/color]

[color=purple]Hatred,because it causes more problems with friends & families emotions.[/color]

[b]8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich.)[/b]

[color=purple]Im definitely not rich,but if i was I would say "I'm in the upper-middle class."[/color] :)

1. Yes
2. prejudice
3. No
4. As long as they can prove it
5. Yes
6. No. Nothing is safe in this world.
7. Hatred. Anger is just for a movement, hatred can last for a long time. Hatred can cause anger, revenge...etc.
8. I just say I'm just average

[size=1]1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.

[b]Yup... me[/b] :D

[b]It's conformist little flock of sheep... but overall it would be society itself..[/b]

[b]I believe in Santa Clause, lol[/b]

[b]Totally, it should mess with it until it brings it down to the ground and exposes it for what it really is...[/b]

[b]I plead the fifth...[/b]

[b]No, because it's not a complete thought, you'd have to say something more like "The World is a safer place in comparison to..." or " The world would be a safer place if..."[/b]

[b]Anger, because it leads to hatred. Whereas hatred is the finished product of anger so if it was just hatred thats all it would be..[/b]

8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich)

[b]HAH! No. I say I'm "economically challeged" lol[/b][/size]

1. Yep, we still got music.........sort of.

2. The fact that very few people trust the government enough to let them do what they must.

3. What do you mean beleve........HES REAL!

4. Nope, because there are just somethings beyond human comprehension.

5. Depends on who told you and for what reasons.

6. A safer place than what is the real question.

7. Anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side.

8. I just say, "So what if my parents worked hard and got good jobs."

1) Of course. I think that everyone has some good in them, but I don't let it influence me.

2) Society itself. Most of the time the biggest problems are our own faults.

3)No. I caught my Aunt wrapping gifts while eating my milk and cookies.

4)No. These two will always be separate entities.

5)Depends. Was it the government or the voices in your head?

6)No. I think the world just keeps getting more dangerous.

7)Hatred. Anger is in passing, where as hatred lingers.

8)I tell em I'm poor, then I tease them about having a lot of money themselves.

1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Of course. [/color][/size][QUOTE][B]

2. What do you think is the most dangerous thing in society?? And please keep it coherant.[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Religion.[/color][/size][QUOTE][B]

3. Do you still believe in "Jolly ol' St. Nick" [/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1]I believe in Jolly Ol' Saint Nick about as much as I believe in God, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny. :rolleyes: [/color][/size][QUOTE][B]

4. Should science mess around with religion???[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Well, it depends what you mean. People are free to hold their own beliefs. And even if science disproves something (such as creation, which has been totally disproven...as well as Noah's Ark, etc etc), then I think that that element should be pursued for the sake of truth.

But even if science disproves things, that's not going to make people give up their beliefs.[/QUOTE][/B]
[QUOTE][B]
[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1] Of course. The only way I'd kill someone is if they were trying to kill me...or if they were suffering from inimaginable pain and couldn't take it anymore.[/color][/size]
[QUOTE][B]
6. Is this saying right: "The World is a safer place." Post reasons if you want to.[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Generally, yes. People always say that the world is more dangerous, but that isn't true at all. The reason it might appear more dangerous is because the media is more prevalent. Things such as rape and murder are actually decreasing, because the media draws so much attention to them.[/color][/size][QUOTE][B]

7. What is worse?? Hatred or anger?? Post reasons if you feel like it.[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Hatred is worse. You can be angry, yet avoid being hateful.[/color][/size][QUOTE][B]

8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich.)[/QUOTE][/B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Nope, I say "I'm not rich. My parents are rich".[/color][/size]

[color=deeppink]1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.
[size=1][b]*Oh most definitely! Good people like the people here at the boards...we're not evil kids now are we?[/b][/size]

[b][size=1]*Well...gosh this one is difficult for me to decide. I'd say intolerance is the most dangerous thing...that and close mindedness.[/b][/size]

[b][size=1]*Yes I sure don't...but the idea of him is quite fanciful :p[/b][/size]

[size=1][b]*Eh...this isn't too clear, but my automatic answer is no. Separation of church and state...er...I guess it's sorta like that...[/size][/b]

[b][size=1]*Yes...but I also agree with James, so...it all depends on the situation.[/b][/size]

[b][size=1]*A safer place right now? Nah, not compared to like...last year. But safer than say, WWII, sure.[/b][/size]

[b][size=1]*Hatred. Anger fades and can be put away, but hatred always seems to linger, creeping in the dark canyons of the human heart...[/b][/size]

[size=1][b]*Actually, it really pisses me off when people are like "man, you're loaded" when in all actuality my family is merely upper middle class. It's like...are you going to judge me because of it or something? I'm not some stuck up rich snob...so don't percieve me as one :p[/color][/size][/b]

[b]1. Is there any good left in the world??? Post reasons if you want to.[/b]

Good left? Yes, but very little...

Stupid people. Actually all people.

[b]3. Do you still believe in "Jolly ol' St. Nick" [/b]

Yeah he was in my bed yesterday... oh wait... you mean that Nick!... No... no.... no....

They are like the exact opposites, but yes, science should... just to proove some religious ideals wrong.

It's wrong to kill anyone. Which goes to backup the fact that all people are a threat to society.

The world is never safe... never was, never will be.

Hatred is worse... Hate is so strong, anger can go away with something as simple as an appology

I always tell them I'm not rich.... because I'm not...

I dont see good and bad really.. everythings mixed up and it depends on which perspective ur at.

boredom and stupidity, its a tie, cant choose

not since i found my presents at like 8.

why not.

dont know, depends on the situation i suppose

In contrast to what is it safer?

uhm.. kind of the same, guess it would be hatred.

8. If people say you're rich, do you brag about it or just say: "I'm in the upper-middle class." (Heh, that's what I say when people say I'm rich.) Im not rich, i am middle class.

[/B]

1.good...no....then again...what is good and what is evil?
2....umm I would have to say that the most dangerous thing in society is.....SOCIETY!!!
3.exsisted...yes...leaves me presents on chrismas...no
4.HELL YES!!! *begins protesting religon((no offense))*
5.depends on your morals....if you are raised in a place where killing or following orders is most important...no...
6.NOPE....in some ways...maybe....mostly...no...just places like U.S.A are slightly safer...not the world...
7.neither...it all depends on how you use them...although people tend to be more destructive when the have hatred....like me...
8.ummm...depends on my mood...and if I feel like lying...I ussually say I am upper middle class....which I am....

These are fun...

1. Well, consider this: Is it fair to judge good and evil, if those who are judged evil, are just ignorant? I think that there are those who know what they do is wrong, but i also think that there are those who do wrong for what is, in their eyes, the right cause. And there are those who do wrong thinking it is right. Of course there is still good in the world; without it, what kind of world would we be in?

2. People. Not a person, but, people. A person is an intellegent, thinking individual. But, put him into a group and he becomes less so. Put that group into a crowd and they will become even less intellegent, and so on, and so forth.

3. I can't say that I do...

4. I think that science and religion must, at some point, cross paths.

5. It depends on the reason. In war, I think not. If you are told to murder someone [i]unjustly[/i], I thik so.

6. Safer in comparison to what?

7. Hatred by far. We all experience anger on a day to day basis. Hate, in a true manifestation is, for most, a rare thing. You may scream you hate someone in [b]anger[/b] but, it is not true hatred.

8. I say something more like, "Believe what you want."

-Justin

1- yes, but it usually goes unnoticed
2- power
3- may as well, apparently this year I have to dress as him. :mad: then again have you ever seen a scary santa :devil: :devil: :devil: :D
4- science doesnt mess around with religion, many scientists are religious. Science neither attempts to prove or disprove the relevance of religion. Religion, on the other hand, condemns science (or used to anyway)
5- yes. unless its yourself, thats not morally wrong its just STUPID.
6- than what?
7- anger. anger is, as I would say 'applied hatred'.
8- Im not rich im a student. the two are mutually exclusive. Thats what I say when people say im rich, and when they say 'what does mutually whatever mean' I grin and walk off.

simple answer....no, and there never was

the government, damn them....

no, I'm not 5 anymore

well, yes, to prove whats wrong and whats right

if its someone like saddam hussein, I would kill without hesitation

the world was never a safe place to be in

fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to suffering, stupid yoda, anyway, I would say hate is worse, hate consumes you, whereas anger can pass with time....

I just say I'm not rich, I work, so I buy stuff, simple as that, not rich at all, but if they want to think I'm rich, thats their problem, I don't care what they think