OtakuBoards

I LOVE CLAMP! ANYONE AGREE? (you know you do!)

punk alchemist

[COLOR=Teal][FONT=Tahoma]for a long time now, i've been a big CLAMP fan and have never met anyone who was one as well! their beautiful artwork and their wonderful storylines [/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]have made me a permanent fan! my favorite titles: angelic layer(my first CLAMP title), tsubasa,xxxholic, chobits and legal drug. so...anybody gonna holla out too? :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I'm not their biggest fan, but I do enjoy their work. My favorite series are X/1999 and Tsubasa. I also really enjoyed reading Shirahime Syo, as it had such a poetic feel to it. And, though this has very little to do with the actual work, Clover is by far the prettiest manga I have. I love that little slip-cover. ^_^;;[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah, I like CLAMP's work. I love how detailed all the female characters' outfits are and I love their colored illustrations. I love XX Holic, Card Captor Sakura: Master of The Clow, and that stand alone one Shirahime-Syo. I've been meaning to check out Tsubasa for a while now, but I have so many series that I'm behind on. Have any of you checked out CLAMP: North Side, and CLAMP: South Side? They're entire books dedicated to CLAMP's artwork. They rock. (Don't have 'em myself, but I've looked through 'em in Borders.)[/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards, punk alchemist and celoctopus.

Just for future reference, we ask that members try to use proper grammar and punctuation when responding to messages left by others for the sake of everyone being able to understand each other completely. Thanks in advance for keeping this in mind. ^^

In terms of CLAMP themselves, I've liked every CLAMP work that I've read, though I don't think I've nearly read them all. Their art always seems to be so detailed and has so much time put into it, which I can appreciate, because I look at the little things. Most of their stories are rather interesting to follow, and though they might not have the ending fans enjoy sometimes, that can be said about any author, so it can be overlooked, in my opinion. Still, they're one of my more preferred artist groups. [/color][/size]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I really like a lot of CLAMP's work, especially in Tsubasa and XXXHolic. Their artwork and stories are totally amazing. I'm a big fan of Cardcaptor Sakura and Chobits because those were the first stories whereas I was introduced to CLAMP. After I read each of these mangas, I totally fell in love with CLAMP and now I read every one of their stories that they make. The artwork is extremely beautiful, the storylines and plots are to die for and the characters are so funny and lovable, how can you not fall in love with them?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

You know, I'm really not much of a clamp fan at all, but I have to give props to their artwork (for the most part). It's very pretty, although I think all the long limbs and hair get a bit tiresome after a while.

Their stories, on the other hand, just don't appeal to me. I can't really describe why since I'd rather not read them anymore, but I remember that I wasn't interested in continuing a series. I'd read the first few volumes of a series and would just stop because I felt enough was enough and that closure was unnecessary.

It's a shame too, because a lot of their art is so pretty.

yeah, I find that CLAMP worls are really neat too, infact, I have just finished up my French Summative on CLAMP. I really like them because they're artwork is so nice and pretty -- and detailed :animesmil but then again most anime that's in the market is fairly detailed... :animestun

-- I Still Like CLAMP best!~~ :animeswea :animesmil

[COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=4]O My [/SIZE]
CLAMP I love CLAMP. I Just Fell in love With CARDCAPTOR SAKURA, and CARDCAPTOR SAKURA: MASTER OF THE CLOW
I am so amazed by how the story line goes. Its so good. I also love Sakuras outfits. You just have to agree with me right?.... (well you dont have to have to but i do :D ) I also really liked Wish but i only got to read the 1st book.
But i just love CLAMP and am so thankful that they made CARDCAPTOR SAKURA. :luv: I AM IN LOVE WITH CLAMP FOR MAKING CARDCAPTOR SAKURA.... :love2:[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ChibiGoddess']CLAMP is one of my fav. Their art style and their characters and story lines are just way to adorable to ignore. I love CLAMP. It's one of the best. Also the CHOBITS series is so good. Depressing, but it captured my heart.[/quote]
OMG! I love CLAMP too! It's my fave! I like Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, Angelic Layer, Tsubasa Resvoir Chronicles, XXX Holic, and you get what I'm trying to say here. Anywways, CLAMP is my all time favorite authors!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I don't like CLAMP's manga artwork much, but I do love their anime versions and stories :animesmil.

It's just that, their artwork somehow seemed disorder and too detailed to me. No, not disordered....and yeah, maybe it's just too detailed for me :animesigh.

The anime versions of their work are simpler (sp?) for me to enjoy, but sometimes I felt a little bored by them, but not much :animesmil.

I love Cardcaptor Sakura (cute artwork, simple and enjoyable story), X (great action), Chobits (same as Cardcaptor Sakura with the addition of it's fan service :D) and Tsubasa Chronicles (combined characters, what else would made the manga succeded? :D and also, the manga had great story and artwork :animesmil). Dunno about the others, haven't watched them :(.[/FONT]