OtakuBoards

Memorable/Favourite Gaming Moments

celestialcharm

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I remember one time my sister was playing Animal Crossing. I was in the room with her, and she was too lazy to pay off her house. I watched her as she went into my brother's account, went to the bank, took about 100 000 or so bells (the currency in the game), and sent it to herself through letters.

I told her not to do it, but she's older so she didn't listen. Of course, secretly I wanted her to take his money. Anyways, when he logged onto his account later in the day, it took him a while to realise that she stole his money. He even praised her for paying off her house because she got a statue. But, his reaction was priceless.

Another time, my brother was so into his game, that my sisters and I caught him drooling! :rotflmao:

So, I was wondering if any of you had a memorable gaming moment.[/COLOR]

The most recent memorable gaming moment I can think of is beating the Emerald and Ruby Weapons on Final Fantasy VII. It?s not as fun as your memorable moments by the sound of it but it was awesome for me. I remember trying and trying but I was failing miserably. So I went and formulated cunning plans to destroy them, most of which didn?t work at all. In the end I actually wrote down everything I needed for the ?master plan? and went to get them, listening to CD?s as I worked.

When I was fighting them for the last time I was writing down on paper how many times I had used the most powerful move on them, I had calculated how much HP the attack damaged them for and how many times I would need to use it (I?m sad I know). I also remember drawing little chibi versions of the enemies I was fighting while waiting for the attack to finish.

I won at last and remember screaming at the TV and doing a little victory pose, I think it may have been Roy?s mini-skirt pose from Fullmetal Alchemist. It was a great moment for me because up until then I couldn?t do it, it was like something was unfinished.

[quote name='Flame_Alchemist']The most recent memorable gaming moment I can think of is beating the Emerald and Ruby Weapons on Final Fantasy VII.[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Holeh crapeh. I totally despise you for beating the Emerald and Ruby weapons. Those were so hard that everytime I saw them, I was like, "HOLY CRAP RUN AWAY!!" So yeah....

Anyways, I have a couple of very memorable gaming moments, seeing as how my life actually revolves around them. Go figure.. :P

Well, one of them has got to be when my sister wanted to play Kingdom Hearts because she thought it looked "fun". Seeing as how she's never even played an RPG before and how she despises video games, I said, "Well... you can try, but it might be a little hard to do it..." She said it doesn't look hard and such, so I let her make her own game on my memory card. Well, she was doing good in the beginning, but she got really bored of it, so she stopped. The looks on her face were so hilarious when a regular Heartless came up. It was also funny when she always handed me the controller so that I could beat the bosses for her. Yup, that's me: the reliable video gamer. XD

Another one is when I was finally at the end of FF VII and I was beating the Safer Sephiroth. My hands started sweating and I got totally freaked whenever he did something. I'd be like, "HOLY CRAP CLOUD DON'T DIE!!" and stuff. Anyways, you know how he does the "Super Nova" move and how freakin' long that takes? Well, ever time he did that, I would always start freaking out and panicking... I'd sit down and rock back and forth, I'd run around carzy and pray that I don't die ans I'd just start totally flipping out whenever it was almomst done. Yesh, I am very emotional about my games. Needless to say, when I won, I jumped up and down for joy and told everyone that was downstairs. Only my mom was happy.

So yeah, I have a lot of memorable moments. Yup, I have no life. n.n

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Mmm... FFVII Weapons... total gits, eh?

I can quite proudly say that I killed Emerald with Level 70-ish characters, though I never did get the hang of Ruby. To be honest, I'm not sure if I ever got any significant damage done to him. But yes, Emerald... [SPOILER]before I went in, I'd set Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent up with Fury status, then I'd bombard it with Ultima's(Linked to MP Absorb), 4xCut and Omnislash's from Cloud, 4xMagic - Comet2 from Yuffie (Co-healer along with Cloud), and let Vincent do his thing with his Chaos form.[/SPOILER]

It took me two tries with this strategy. Quite annoyingly, he died about 6 seconds before the time limit ran out the first time, and so I got a Game Over in the whole 'red shaky fade' thing the bosses do Dangit. Luckily, the second time I got him with 5 minutes to spare.

An equally satisfying Weapon moment was against Ultima Weapon. Heh, the fool used Shadow Flare on Vincent, equipped with Reflect Ring, got hit by the rebound and died. That gave me a really fuzzy feeling. Exceptionally fuzzy. And warm, too.

I have other moments, naturally, but I'm going to see what other's talk about first. Bleh.[/SIZE]

We have a bit of a Final Fantasy theme going here. I'll continue it. A memorable gaming moment for me would have to be getting to the last area in Crystal Chronicles. The 4-hour showdown that ensued was something I'd be willing to do any day of the week. The "quiz" was nerve-wracking, and the final boss...:animestun

I'm just going to say that anyone who hasn't seen this thing, hasn't seen the face of true beauty on the GCN. The full, raw power of ATI was forced into that render, and its backdrop. Finally defeating it, I calmly walked downstairs, made some popcorn, and came back to my room to watch the credits.:catgirl:

[quote name='Flame_Alchemist']I won at last and remember screaming at the TV and doing a little victory pose, I think it may have been Roy?s mini-skirt pose from Fullmetal Alchemist. It was a great moment for me because up until then I couldn?t do it, it was like something was unfinished.[/quote]

[color=darkred]I think that everyone and their dog must have done that after beating either of the weapons. It's just such an awesome feeling. It's weird though? why do people struggle with Ruby, but manage to totally kick Emerald's ***? I mean, it should be the other way round. Eh.

Anyway, I don't have any memorable gaming moments, and if I do, I can't remember them. It's been [i]such[/i] a long time since I played a game properly that got me excited. The last one I believe was Tales of Symphonia. I suppose it was pretty cool every time a new character joined your party though, especially Sheila. She took her own sweet time doing so, and she sucked.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]So I guess not many people know about the Underwater materia in FFVII, then? It removes the twenty minute timer from the Emerald WEAPON battle. Which, of course, lets you W-Summon/Mime Knights of the Round in order to chain cast it all to hell. Then it's just a matter of having a Final Attack/Phoenix or Final Attack/Revive combo so you can survive Aire-Tam Storm without having to equip less than nine materia. It took a while, what with all the KotR animations (I think I actually got up and made a sandwich or something at one point), but it made Emerald a complete pushover.

Ruby WEAPON, now -- there's just no good way to fight Ruby. There's a few tricks, but for the most part, it's nearly invulnerable to anything you throw at it. Summons are the only thing that can really hurt it, and of course, it counters with Ultima if you use KotR. So no chain casting it like with Emerald. Combine that with the fact that you lose two of your party members towards the end of the fight (or sooner if you don't come into the fight with two of them dead) and you've got the only really hard boss in FFVII.

I can't say I felt much accomplishment after beating Emerald, since I completely spanked it, but Ruby was still a blast. Coming down to having only Red XIII left, using the enemy skill Pandora's Box to do 500 damage in between healing (because Cloud was the one with the summons, of course). . . . That was an intense fight.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']So I guess not many people know about the Underwater materia in FFVII, then? It removes the twenty minute timer from the Emerald WEAPON battle. Which, of course, lets you W-Summon/Mime Knights of the Round in order to chain cast it all to hell. Then it's just a matter of having a Final Attack/Phoenix or Final Attack/Revive combo so you can survive Aire-Tam Storm without having to equip less than nine materia.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Yes... I only learnt about that after I'd beaten him. Still, I probably wouldn't have found it quite as satisfying without the time limit anyway. I don't think I had the Final Attack materia, but I didn't have a problem with Aire-Tam Storm overall. I only ever got attacked with it once (naturally, killing me), but in my later attempts I made sure to wear down the crystals as soon as possible after they recharged. It meant diverting a few more attacks away from the main body, but it kept me alive, so meh.

Another memorable moment, including big things 'n' swords, was probably killing my first wyvern in Monster Hunter (PS2). Fighting it with more advanced equipment later on, and with a second character, made me realise that it's actually a total push-over. But that first sweet victory... Oh, pure joy[/SIZE].

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Wow, alot of FF fans.

Anyhoo, I guess alot of memorable moments are at my brother's expense... Oh well.

When my brother was about 5 or 4 years old, that was around the time he got addicted to video games. One day he was playing Super Mario on the NES, and my sisters noticed he was crying. He kept crying as he played, so my dad asked him what was wrong. He said "I'm Hungry!" as he cried some more. It ended up that he didn't eat dinner because he was so into his playing! He was so hungry that he cried, and instead of asking for something to eat, he continued playing.[/COLOR]

[size=1][font=georgia]I was off school once, and I had failed FFX the night before because I hated the object of a sphere grid so I didn't use one (Talk about stupidity). So, starting at nine o'clock AM, I played that game straight, no stops, until seven o'clock PM. Not much, but I found it one of the most damn laziest moments of my life.

Note, I came prepared with a bag of Tostitos and 1 liter of carbonated water. Good times though.[/size][/font]

the best gaming moment was when i was hiding from my brother in his room he started to play Dark Cloud 2 he and i both love the music and he started dancing to the music at the end of the theme song hee did a bow and then looked up and i was standing there with my cell phone and i had recorded the whole thing the look on his face was so funny i still have the video whenever he gets me mad i tell him that i will send the video to all of his friends i did it once i sent it to one of his friends and he hasn't dare to get me mad :D

[size=1]Well, lets see how this goes:

This past Winter Break, my sister was home from her College up in MI. Seeing as how we live on the east coast of things, she had nothing to do. Her college got back of break much later than her other home friends did. Sulking, she was constantly pestering me on what she could do. I gave her anime to watch, she watched them all by the time I'd get home from school.

One night, I decided I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts, the ending, so I could watch the Secret Movie all over again. My sister came in while the secret movie was going on and she tilted her head in amazement. "Can I play this game?" I looked at her as if she was crazy. A twenty year old girl who always frowned upon me for "wasting" my time with games that weren't that important.

"Uh, sure?" I responded. She asked me if she could use my strategy guide so she could get the secret movie before she goes back to College.

Now, she was going to go back to her college in three days. I told her she might not be able to finish it unless she plays it day in and day out.

I went to sleep, only to be awoken five hours later. My sister comes into my room, "Hey, can you beat Ursula for me? Her big head is too scary for me..." WHAT?! She had already gotten to Ursula?! I fought Ursula for her, and then she went onto Halloweentown. "Uhhhh... This is kind of a scary place..." Three AM in the morning. I was exhausted. "STAY WITH ME! THIS IS A SCARY WORLD! I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE!" She got to the save point after she beats Lock, Shock and Barrel.

"GO TO SLEEP ALREADY!" I screamed at her. She screamed back at me "NO! I WANT TO FINISH THIS GAME! TOMORROW I HAVE TO FINISH IT SO I NEED TO DO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!"

I went back to sleep.

The night afterwards, not the one straight after, around 10 pm, she tells me she beat Kingdom Hearts. With the secret movie.

I think that is basically... crazy.

She spent two days playing the game, and beat it clean.[/size]

Guest aots16
My most memorable gaming moment had to be in metal gear soild for the ps1.
When you walk in to this study you see a wierd guy with a mask on and you know instanly that this guy is going to be a problem.
You find ouy that his name is psycho mantis.
Then he start reading your meormy card and the only way to beat him is to put your controller in to slot 2.
Easily the most unforgetable boss fight ive ever had.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Well, ok... me and one of my friends were looking for a science fair project that we had to do. We were running out of ideas, when we came up with one of the most brilliant plans ever - let's see how song it is physically possible to play video games for. In other words, our plan was to play video games for 5 days straight and than wright it off as a science fair project. Ya, pretty ingenous of us.

Ok, well, we managed to go for 5 days - with copious amounts of RedBull, mind you - and beat almost every video game in our collective possesion. Except Rouge Squadren 3, I ain't touchin' that ****. By day 3 my friend was having uncontrolable muscle spasms in his face from the amount of cafine and lack of sleep.

My teacher, who's a good friend of ours, passed us for the sheer fact that we managed to stay awake for 5 days and still be concious enough to not only record our results, but beat the living **** out of every boss in the video game world.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

I had two most memorable gaming moment....

The first one was when I had my first RPG game......FFIX.......

I'm not pretty sure how to play the game (I never ever experienced random battle and gameplay like that before...), I couldn't hit my enemies cause I don't know how....instead, I hit my own ally.......and I failed to defeat even the first enemy (the captain....or whatever you'd call him) before finnally defeat him after trying for so many times.....

I tried and tried hard till I get the hang of the game, and yes.....I finnally reach the final boss. People might find him easy to beat but for me, who at that time, has the first experience of fighthing a last boss......had a hard time dealing with him. I had this memorable moment when I defeat him with a desperate blow. I had a party of Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Freya (don't critize me, I'm a newbie back there..... :animeangr ) to fight the last boss and I struggle hard to fight him...I remember having my entire party wiped out except for Zidane who has his HP on [COLOR=RED]red[/COLOR], you'll imagine how hopeless I was.....didn't even think of what would happen if I did it, I attack him.....not using a skill..... I use normal attack....and guess what happen....he died! :D That last blow killed him! I was screaming happily after I beat that boss, especially with that last desperate blow..... :D

The second one, it's about Metal Gear Solid.....

You guys know a boss called Phsyco Mantis right? (I'm sure remembered someone has already mentioned his name on this thread.....) Well if you don't, he's a boss that keep disappearing anytime you tried to shoot or attack him. The only way to defeat him is to change our controller into port 2.......but that was what everyone thought right?

You could say I'm lucky (because I am!!!), you could say I'm lying....or whatever....I defeat him!!! On normal condition!!! Without changing my controller!!! :D

I was desperate when I fought him, he's very very very annoying and get to your nerves fast if you don't know how to fight him. Usually your colonel called you in the middle of the battle to tell you how to fight him, but I was focused on fighting him and didn't take notice at his call and after many times of retry......I did it!!! :D I was using a tactic I devised myself (I'm not sure I could do this again though.....), first I attack him and he'll disappear, then I pull the gun to the point where he would possibly appear and shoot again. It worked!!! With lots and lots of luck though......maybe it was my good day..... :cool: :D

I used so many rations on fighting him and end up with no choice but to retry. That's when I realized colonel's call and find a way to beat him on an easier way......shame on me.... ;)

[COLOR=dimgray]Ahhhh yes......

It twas long ago, when I was playing Kingdom Hearts. The only game that could make stars and sparkles look truely...truely...diabolical.

Anyways, I was fighting the final boss[forgot his name], I was getting soo irritated! Dying and dying...going through all those mini battles...rescuing goofy and donald...
...So then, after trying and trying with all my button mashing might, that in that eternal abyss, I defeated him.

[spoiler]It was then when mickey locked the door that held the awe inspiring darkness. Then after some cutscenes, it was when Sora and Kairi where together, at a dazzling, warm and fuzzy moment of romantic banter[it was so heart warming. Who ever knew that two 12 year olds could be so close!].[/spoiler] And it was after that currently indistinct cutscene, that the infamous "you beat the game" screen appeared[the one that never goes away, smart one].

It was in that very place and very moment, a tear fell from my eye.
Not only was I crying because I beat one of the greatest...games...ever, I was also sad because I couldnt play the game once more with the suspense, excitement, drama, comedy, and last but not least, romance of the first 50hrs+ that I spent the first time. It twas so sad....

..But then again, as they always say, the first time is the best. :catgirl:
I am truely proud that I played and beat one of the greatest...games...ever, even today,despite when I first got my hands on it 1-1/2yrs+ ago.
[/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]Added spoiler tags. -- Bombu[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As Ironic as it is one of mine had just happened today.

Well sometimes I get these sudden urges to play games that I had beaten to my liking and just haven?t played in a while. Today was one of those days and I had an urge to play Super Smash Brothers Melee. So la da da, I got some of my skills back and such and then I went into the event matches and found out that I never finished them all. So I ended up playing through most of them till I got to Level 50, yes it was the master hand and the [spoiler]left hand[/spoiler] it wasn?t long before I realized why I really didn't play these for a while.

My first strategy was kill the [spoiler]left hand[/spoiler] first! Its erratic movements were already hard enough to doge so I just though maybe that would work the best? It turned out that it really didn't and I ended up being killed almost being killed every time I tried it. then I though maybe the master hand since I slightly knew his moves a little more than the other hand.

So after battling it all out with Roy I was overjoyed when I was able to beat both of them...What really surprised me was that I was at 306% damage and wasn?t dead yet. Then much celebrating came afterwards till I found out that there was one more level. When I saw that I was only up against two secret people and [spoiler] Giga Bowser[/spoiler] I had almost no worry in my mind... Till I started the level out with Marth and just basically took a look at him and just said. "What the ****..."

So after about a hour of more watching Marth get blown up after falling off of the arena I finally go a plan to destroy his two little...guests that were also around him. I somehow managed to survive long enough (thanks to the little counter maneuver) and finally squared off again against [spoiler] Giga Bowser[/spoiler] with me at one life and him at two life?s but with a high percent of damage. So then I easily hit him off of the ring the first time then It came down to just the two of us, we both were just as easily able to be thrown off from the arena when he attacked. I just barley was able to do a counter in time and I hit him instead and sent him flying... it was one of the happiest moments in my gaming life when I did that last hit...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Gun Preacher
It was to KOTOR one and it was at the part were malak told me that he was revan and me and my brother had this dumb look on are faces because they made it seem like an idot could figure it out what had happened to revan.

Another memorable moment for me was from Final Fantasy X, yep another Final Fantasy moment here.[spoiler] I remember I was playing at about 2:00am on my own and I was getting close to Zanarkand when all of a sudden I?m told about how Yuna will have to sacrifice herself to beat Sin. I don?t know why but I loved that part of the game, it was kinda sad but that?s the sign of a good RPG.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The music (Some Day the Dream Will End) really played a big part, it just really fits the moment well. I remember wandering through a ruined Zanarkand looking at the pretty lights (dead peoples souls) and listening to the awesome music and wondering what was going to happen.[/spoiler] I was late for school the next day because of that and I had a headache all day from lack of sleep but it was worth it.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I have four words for you: [b]Shadow of the Colossus.[/b]

Everything about that game is a memorable gaming moment. The gorgeous landscapes, the amazingly epic music, the feeling of both triumph and sorrow when you finally defeat a Colossus...

[i]Especially[/i] the sixteenth Colossus. He killed me quite a few times, I can tell you that much. I ended up giving him the nickname of "God-Machine" because of it. What an amazing game.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest D. Resurrected
hmm Id have to say the time me and my friends had a 10 person lan party.It was one of the funnest think that ever happend to me.All night we played warcraft 3 and counter strike.heres how long we played we started at 10:00 am saterday and ended at 10:00 am sunday.with a totall cunsumption of 82 sprites and mountain dew code red.SO FUN :D

i've got two i can think of:

1. the final major events in ssx4 i mean i would have to score x amount of points within like 10:00:00( ten minutes) easy? NO. i would be like in the middle of a massive 145 combo and im in the middle of an arial and something dumb and/or stupid would happen( i.e. my mum's big fat dog walking though my line of vision, asking to use the restroom/ telephone rings / someone's at the door, etc.). the worst thing that happened was, i was in the middle of saving my game.... and *silence* A POWER OUTAGE HITS MY NEIGHBOURHOOD.

*power outage*
Leon: O_O
* walks up to the tele, and attempts to turn it on*
tv: ......
Leon: <_< >_>*click click, no response* :animeangr .... *mutters* i. am. so. [spoiler] ******* pissed off[/spoiler], i just want break something.......! stupid elecricty, no[spoiler] *******[/spoiler] back ups..... ARGH......!

a couple minutes later, my cousin fires up the ps2.

Alex: hey, leon, power's back!
Leon: w00t!
Alex: and your save file for ssx4 isnt damaged!
Leon: oh really?
Alex: joking! it is, your going to have to start over again!
Leon: :animeangr -_______________________________-'

then my cousin's gf, comes into the kitchen and starts cooking, she tells me, in sign language:

Alyx: your files arent lost, brian's just messing with you.... :animesigh.... again....
Leon: seriously?
Alyx: yah, seriously.
Leon: go do something about it, for me. please?
Alyx: :animesmil be happy to! what do you want?
Leon: help me, beat brian in DoA4, please?
Alyx: i'd love to.

this leads into my other moment, after convinsing my cousin to stop playing burnout revenge, we begin to get the DoA4 match underway.

i was Jann Lee. my cousin brian, was hayate. and his gf, was christie. the event took place a the replica of the strip, two on one, me and my cousin's gf against my cousin. the match was pretty lengthy, it consisted of countering the other player's attack, then a standoff, more countering and then someone would eventually land a blow.... then the cycle repeats itself.

the match started at 3:12:56pm.

the match ended at 10:51:32pm.

.....well it just wasnt one match it was alot of matches,yes we did take breaks to eat and respond to nature's calls....

the victorious player, was.........

me! =) alyxandra and i beat him 15 wins to 14 wins.

so now i can finally get a good come back, to every insult he throws at me, with....

Alex: dude, remember that one time you got lost in a parking lot? it was so--------
Leon: remember DoA4?
Alex: *silence*
Leon: exactly.

well there they are.

thank you for your time

i have two great moments

1.the best moment that has happened to me happened last night while i was playing kh2 in holloween town it was about 10:30 [spoiler] i switched into valor form AND INSTEAD i turned into ANTI FORM i had heard about it and i didn't think it would happen to me i looked at the t.v then at my brother my brother was like holy **** is that sora and then i said omg it is it was soo awsome [/spoiler]
2.then thier was this time me and my friends ladydark we were trying to put two players on the game tales of symphonia and it was soo hard yes we can be dumb bernets we tried and tried then about 3-4 hours later we got it then we tried killing the [spoiler]wind gaurdian or some kind of dragon and the stupid dragon was sooo frekin hard her brother called it "the lord of all dragons"it was early in the morning and we finaly defeated him it was an awsome moment and at the end of the game it is so frustrating cause loyd goes"we'll name this tree...." we were both waiting and then the credits showed up DAMNIT"[/spoiler]
3.Iforgot there was another one one time me and ladydark were playing SSBM and we had unlocked the final character while we were messing around and commiting suicide with our characters i said omffg then she called her brother her brother wanted to defeat it but she said no because we unlocked and we were going to kill it then about an hour after that another character got unlocked that day we unllocked about 3-4 characters :D

One of the best vg moments i've had was when my friend and I were playing Soul Caliber3. I had made a monk character who used the foot blades (grieve edge?) and I had backed my friend to the edge of the stage. I made my character do a flying kick and what does my friend do? He sidesteps. That's all well and good except for the fact that my character when flying off the side of the stage!

Another moment came while playing FF8. I had just got up to get a quick drink and came back to play some more. I wasn't all that far in the game, but it was farther than I had ever been. Anyway, I must have been scuffing feet across the floor a bunch because when I picked up the controller, I recieved a static shock. A large one at that. It shorted out my controller and also did some funky things to the memory card.. I had to replace both of them.

I really enjoyed the ending of the Warriors. It felt just like the movie. I loved [spoiler] throwing the knife into the guys hand[/spoiler] his reaction was priceless. Then the remaing Warriors [spoiler] slowly walking along the beach back home[/spoiler]. Truly a great scene and memorable moment.