OtakuBoards

Gender Bender

Redemption

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Gender Bender is the name of a party at my university where guys have the chance to dress up as girls (breasts, smooth legs and all), and girls have the chance to dress up as guys (croutch, hair and all).

It was held only a few nights ago and I was amazed at something.

Some of the guys that went to the party actually looked hot in women's clothes. For instance, one of my friend's flatmates dressed up in some of her clothes, with a wig on and socks stuffed in as breasts. And you could have sworn he was a chick.

There was a lot of guys that night that were like that.

My question is:
Have you ever mistaken someone for the opposite sex, or, have you had a similar Gender Bender experience?[/color][/size][/b]

welll i always wanted to cross dress as guy but im way to hyper and peppy or what ever you call it. actually once there was this girl ( i think it was girl) at the super market and i could have sworn it was a guy. she/he was even talll and lanky like a guy!! scary....

It was only a year ago on halloween. A friend of mine decided to go to school, because they let us dress up for halloween, as Daisy Duke from the "Dukes of Hazard". When I first saw him, I swore it was a girl. I even ran up to him and as soon as he turned around and I got a good look at him I about feel over. I wasn't sure if I thought it was funny or disturbing. Either way, it was a good day, funny stuff.

[size=1]Since I recently cut my hair, I've been mistaken for a dude. It doesn't help that I dress sort of tomboy-ish, either. And I have banned myself from wearing a baseball cap until my hair grows out some more---because I [b]totally[/b] look like a guy.

Is it wrong of me to think that I'm a pretty good looking guy?[/size]

[quote name='Athena][size=1']Since I recently cut my hair, I've been mistaken for a dude. It doesn't help that I dress sort of tomboy-ish, either. And I have banned myself from wearing a baseball cap until my hair grows out some more---because I totally look like a guy.[/size][/quote]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Don't worry Athena. I have the same trouble. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in the world. ^_^[/color][/size][/b]

[COLOR=Indigo]About two years ago when I was collecting canned goods on Halloween, I wore a red bandana with my black beanie on top of that. I was also wearing baggy jeans and a red jacket. I was mistaken as a boy. Of course it was dark out, but it was funny to my friends and I at the time. We were joking about it all throughout the night.[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] When I was little, this old woman literally [i]took[/i] me from my mom's cart in a grocery store. My mom freaked out when my sister pointed this out, and she hunted me down. Apparently the old woman thought I was a cute little boy.

No, I am not making that story up. I was just as surprised when my mom told me about it. Should I be worried?

Anywho. I wear guys' basketball shorts all the time. They happen to be incredibly comfortable. :] Guys' shorts in general are comfie. [/color]

[quote name='Reiku][color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Have you ever mistaken someone for the opposite sex, or, have you had a similar Gender Bender experience?[/color][/size'][/b][/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]There's a guy who lived in my dorm last year--I'm casual friends with him; we hang out with some of the same people, and he's a great guy--but for quite a while before I met him, I just assumed he was a girl. Cute clothes, girl jeans, chin-length blond hair... Whoops!

It was a while before I saw him up close (or learned his name). I was pretty...surprised. Heh.

Looking back (and knowing him now), it's hard to believe I mixed it up, but I did.[/color][/size]

Well actually I also just got a hair cut and this one is extremely short... hehe it is shorter than my brother's hair. We ended up going out that night and I was mistaken for a boy. I was in jeans and a hoody, but my hoody was long so you couldn't see my rear. The jeans were looser, kind of boot cut. It was rather funny, so I didn't really care. However I must say I love this hair cut. It is short and if I were to wear a ball cap and baggy jeans and a t-shirt with a hoody it would happen again... so I went back to wearing tank tops and tight jeans. What can I say? I will probably keep this hair style for a while.

[FONT=Georgia]It's never happened to me personally before, but my sister used to be mistaken for a boy all the time-it was really unbelievable! She had gotten a very short haircut, and people just assumed that a little blonde child with short hair would be a boy. After a while she got pretty demoralized.

Societal conventions for gender are so weird. They vary so differently from culture to culture, and we use these quick visual cues to assess a person's identity. I wish I could challenge them, but I just look too much like a girl. It sometimes bothers me how cute I look![/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I've been hit on by some guy while playing my cute female elementalist in Guild Wars. Does that count?

Though, having a ponytail, I have been mistaken for a girl a couple times when someone has only seen me from the back. But then they usually get this awkward look on their face when I turn around, which is funny. Messing with people is fun. ^_^[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']I've been hit on by some guy while playing my cute female elementalist in Guild Wars. Does that count?[/color][/quote]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Awww... now now Desbreko... that's cheating. :p

Although I am curious. Do you do the whole female facade as well when you're playing and meet other characters?[/color][/size][/b]

[QUOTE=Reiku][color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Awww... now now Desbreko... that's cheating. :p

Although I am curious. Do you do the whole female facade as well when you're playing and meet other characters?[/color][/size][/b][/QUOTE]

I did, when I played RuneScape for two weeks last summer (I was bored, yes). I created a female character and acted as a "damsell in distress" (I even named her "Curiel Cura" to sound all weak and whitemagey), so sooner than soon I had a legion of guardians fending off the hordes of harassers ("Ooh b000bzz!!!"). XP

It was fun while it lasted, yes. ;D

But to answer the real topic, yes I've seen some quite stunning transvestites (although being gay I don't find them sexually attractive) who'd pass for a female almost everywhere if it weren't the gaudy and over-the-top style they were wearing.

Also, when I had longer hair in my youth, I got called a girl too often... I'm just so pwetty! ;D <3

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]
Though, having a ponytail, I have been mistaken for a girl a couple times when someone has only seen me from the back. But then they usually get this awkward look on their face when I turn around, which is funny. Messing with people is fun. ^_^[/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I can imagine, haha. You're like this one type of dog. They're called Afghan hounds, and they look like women if you see them from a backside vew when they're sitting in a seat of a car.

[img]http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030922/wd2.jpg[/img]
^Des as an Afghan hound, all coked up on coffee and not having a good run of missions with n00b GWers.[/size]

[SIZE=1]Taste of Chaos.

I was sitting awaiting for the doors to be opened, and every so often this person would walk past who was quite tall and lanky, but...looked female. The hair, the glasses, the hood being up covering 'his' face.

Me and my friend just sat there in sheer confusement.

[b]And![/b] Apparently I make a good female...I got dressed up in my friends' clothes at New Year and chased another one of my friends' around shouting I wanted him, when we were outside we got the funniest looks ever.

Ah well, what does it matter what clothes you wear?

There's been a few occasions up town I've thought I saw people I knew, and they turned out to be the complete opposite sex.[/SIZE]

[quote name='bellpickle][SIZE=1']When I was very young and had shorter hair, I was often mistaken for being a little boy. ^_^;[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]Gaspz, me too. It was terrible for self-esteem. It didn't help that I wore boy clothes, either. x_X;; dagnabbit! I would go in the bathroom at school and people would be all, "there's a boy in here with pokemon shoes!" ...me: "no, it's just me." "oh."[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Perfection][SIZE=1]Taste of Chaos.

I was sitting awaiting for the doors to be opened, and every so often this person would walk past who was quite tall and lanky, but...looked female. The hair, the glasses, the hood being up covering 'his' face.

Me and my friend just sat there in sheer confusement.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]That's what me and my friends, and most everyone I know, will call "emo".[/size]

[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=1]See, I had a brief experience with this. But dude, it was the weirdest thing ever.

When I'd first had my hair cut quite short, it was a boyish style and it was at that time I was going through my guy phase (wearing leather jackets, baggy t-shirts, loose jeans etc).

I was staying with my dad and his girlfriend in Istanbul and whilst they were looking around in a clothes store, I decided to be 'cool' and slump against a clothing rack. I guess because of the way I was standing my jacket was covering my chest, and I have broad shoulders anyway, so when I looked up this girl was staring at me...and then smiled in that way girls do when they see a cute guy. o_O; I was so frightened and just sort of...shuffled off.

Also, my friend told me, and I quote, 'If you were a guy, you'd be so hot.'

Yeah >_>

And as to getting confused about the opposite sex? ULX looks like a girl! XD *runs away*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ezekiel][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=1]And as to getting confused about the opposite sex? ULX looks like a girl! XD *runs away*[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]O_O

><

Ezekiel, you are going to get in a lot of trouble. :p

Anyway, my mum apparently had the same experience with my dad. They used to do this sort of variety show when they were in highschool, and every-time my dad and his friends would dress up as ballerinas and do this crazy routine to it. :eek:

Needless to say, it was quite a shock when I found out.[/b][/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Reiku][color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Anyway, my mum apparently had the same experience with my dad. They used to do this sort of variety show when they were in highschool, and every-time my dad and his friends would dress up as ballerinas and do this crazy routine to it. :eek:

Needless to say, it was quite a shock when I found out.[/b][/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[color=green][font=Comic Sans MS]Ha! Well, my dad dressed up as a cheerleader (female version) for Halloween several years back, but still in my lifetime. He was trying to poke fun at my cousin who had just made her high school squad. I can only give one word to describe the pictures: Disturbing.

Anyway, back to me :animesmil I, personally have only been mistaken as a guy once. It was back when I was 16 and I had stupidly had most of my hair cut off. Luckily, one of my best friends also had short hair, and she looks even more like a guy than I did. This is because during that time, I at least tried to dress like a girl, while she's always been one to go for comfort over fashion, wearing loose and baggy cloths. She finally got tired of it after a while and let her hair grow back out.[/font][/color]

[QUOTE=Reiku][color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Awww... now now Desbreko... that's cheating. :p

Although I am curious. Do you do the whole female facade as well when you're playing and meet other characters?[/color][/size][/b][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Heheh . . . somewhat. I have a few little personalities floating around in my head for my various characters and sometimes those will add some color to my conversation.

Amelia Starfire, that cute female elementalist, for example, is a sweet and somewhat naive girl. She is by no means of the "stupid cheerleader" stereotype, however, and is determined and confident in her abilities. More than just a little feminine, she wears [url=http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1923/ameliastarfirepink15kpyro16do.jpg][u]light pink[/u][/url] and [url=http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/6169/ameliastarfirepink15kpyro22ou.jpg][u]white[/u][/url] armor. I, being a fan of irony, thought it perfect to have this innocent looking girl rain down fiery death upon her enemies.

However, whenever someone's flat out asked if I'm a real girl, I've told them I'm a guy. Though then again, if they just assume, I don't bother correcting them. :p[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Heheh . . . somewhat. I have a few little personalities floating around in my head for my various characters and sometimes those will add some color to my conversation.[/color][/quote]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Heh... me too. It's kind of weird like that. One day you're like the big toughie, then next, you're the sweet kind person. My friends make fun of me and my multiple personalities (jk). :p[/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']However, whenever someone's flat out asked if I'm a real girl, I've told them I'm a guy. Though then again, if they just assume, I don't bother correcting them. :p[/color][/quote]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Lol.

That's just mean.... although must be thoroughly amusing at times too.[/color][/size][/b]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I remember when I was younger, I dressed up like a boy, because my eldest sister did.

One day, she went to the hairdresser, to get her hair did, and some person came to try and sell my mom something. With the product, you would get a free boom box, so the person said something about how it would be great for a young boy like him, as I stood beside my mom. She playfully punched me (it hurt too!), and I remember my mom saying, 'Uh, this is my daughter' O.o The person apologised, but said I make a cute boy!

In Europe, it was crazy! I saw so many people who I tried to figure out if they were a girl or boy. I never did figure it out..[/COLOR][/FONT]