Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE=Shadow Blade][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
Actually I'm quite aware of the other colors for duct tape. However, the color silver is the most common one. Perphaps if you read the saying right, instead of jumping to conclusions you'll understand what the meaning is.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=YellowGreen]I'm not completely stupid. I got what you're trying to say. I was kidding with my previous statement. If you get to know me, you'll find that almost everything I say is laced with sarcasm. ^_^[/COLOR]
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='LoadedPistol][COLOR=YellowGreen']I'm not completely stupid. I got what you're trying to say. I was kidding with my previous statement. If you get to know me, you'll find that almost everything I say is laced with sarcasm. ^_^[/COLOR][/quote]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
That's understanderable. And no, I wasn't inferring that you were a completely stupid person. Sorry about giving you the bad vibes.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1][color=slategray]Well, that my former username is Lix, for one. Two, that I am obsessed with Spirited Away, it has to be my favorite movie ever... and my banner also is showing that I have Photoshop again, because I made it myself and I'm so proud. My Photoshops skills have drained... ;_; I need to get familiar with it again.
Also, my wonderful little quote, "My cyber throat is all bawked out." is something I said in an MSN conversation with Alex... we always talk about odd things. And I didn't even realize what I had said until I read it over. XD[/color][/size]
Posted
My sig isn't currently all that elaborate, and it will more than likely change over time. But it now pretty much states that i can't wait for FF7: DOC to come out (with the banner to go with it) and one of my favorite quote from one of my favorite characters (roy mustang) from my favorite anime (Fullmetal Alchemist).
Posted
My signature the fickle waters in ones mind means those ever turning waves in your head to put it more simply your thoughts and I can read a person like a open book no matter how hard they try to hide their true intentions or whatever and I learned this ability after many years focusing my thoughts and clearing out my mind and it really comes in handy...oh and relaxing you gotta relax :cool:
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]

my signatures revolve around, choice and fatalitism.

"every person builds their world in their own image, hence they have the power to choose, alas they can not escape the nesicessity of choice" - means that in order for life to progress the person has to make their own choices. not let the media and other people do it for them.

"im not retreating, im just advancing in a different direction" - in my opinion there is no such thing as giving up, people can find loopholes in any situation they are stuck in.

"like drinking poison, like eating glass" - a phrase i use to discribe a hardship or massive endeavor in someone's lfe.

"this could be an opportunity" - with the choices people make, the are consquences to those choices, either good or bad.

"if it's not broke, no fix
if it IS broken, get it repaired
if it's beyond saving, exterminate it
if it cant be exterminated, burn it
if it cant be turned to ashes
run" - my view on recycling things and my steps on how to elimate them, in the most violent manner, so that they never haunt people again.

thank you for your time

[/COLOR]
Posted
My sig is off the complete randomness that is in my mind. For years people have been wondering what the heck my major malfuction is... i see normal people all the time where are the weird people that just yell out BATMAN at random where is the people that coo in the night!...... :animeswea ok i got carried away. but seriously dont take life too serious you won't make it out alive. The Pulse of the Normal will get you. PEASE OUT HOMIES!
Posted
Mine says that I'm an obsessive Gravitation fangirl, that I spend far too much time fiddling with color codes, that I'm a failure at using Photoshop, and that I'm too lazy to think of anything more clever than song quotes to have in my sig. Oh yeah, go me.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[COLOR=Sienna]"I wasted time, and doth time waste me." is a quote from, as I recall, a Shakespeare play. It basically means that I'm a complete procrastinator and I waste time like cheap toliet paper, and I'm cool with the consequences of that. Time doth, indeed, waste me.

Oh, and sometimes I'll put a little fresh bit of wit in there as it strikes me. Been meaning to change it.[/COLOR]
Posted
i've been thinking, all mine seems to prove is that i am am a definiton "[I]video game junkey [/I]" and that the only system i have is a ds :animesmil
Posted
Well, my banner (which I want to change, but it's received such great reviews I can't get rid of it) is meant to say that I strike quick and withouth restraint, I cut deep, and tell it like it is.

I always have some sort of one-liner underneath like [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Apathy: It's what you do!"[/COLOR]

Right now (because it will probably be differnt tommorrow) it says "[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Pray for us all[/COLOR]". I put it there because in the [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Coheed and Cambria [/COLOR] song [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]The Light And The Glass[/COLOR], there is a part where it is sung by a choir and sounds really cool. It is also meant to express that I think we're all doomed.

Thank you for your time.
Posted
[FONT=Arial]My signature says that I love the song "When I Was a Young Girl" by Rasputina, and that I have a livejournal and a myspace. I think it's about time to change it, though, so if I do, this is what it said at the time I posted this message:

[QUOTE]
[B][SIZE=1]Originally Amelia's Signature[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=1][RIGHT][COLOR=DarkGreen]prim [URL=http://myspace.com/agreatleechwife]prim[/URL] this a way
prim [URL=http://livejournal.com/~immortalmocha]prim[/URL] that a way[/RIGHT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE][/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well seeing as I actually spent quite a bit of time designing my current signature, or rather the layout of my last two signatures I think I have a good idea of what it says about me. The first part, the text in white just above the banner, is a Latin phrase which translates to mean "For the great glory of God", the motto of the Jesuits for anyone who might wonder where it came from. That phrase actually recently replaced another Latin one "Dominus illuminatio mea" which translated to mean "The Lord is my light". Taking those two phrases into account as well as the colour used to style them I think it's obvious that I'm quite a religious person, which is true.

The banner is pretty simple, it's taken from the Darth Maul/Qui-Gon Jinn duel from Star Wars Episode I, now while some may think this a not-so subtle nod to my newest RPG in the Arena, I actually had planned to use that banner/avatar set instead of the Fierce Deity one to replace my KOTOR II banner and avatar, which was replaced just after the Nifty Fifty finished. It also pretty much gives away the fact I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

Finally the "Now Officially Nifty" is a bit of a contradiction honestly, as I had absolutely no idea I'd be voted Nifty, let alone thought myself unofficially nifty, however the explanation is that while many people change their Custom Title to reflect new honours, The Irishman title is permanent and so the achievement was set in my sig.[/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=Plum]My signature [I]"A true human is someone who bears all the sins he's committed and looks forward to the uncertain future"[/I] actually comes from all my favorite anime characters personalities. I've noticed that most of them have regretted doing something in their past but yet live on with their lives. I made this quote up after thinking about that. The meaning of the quote is that you shouldn't regret what happened in the past and continue living your life as you have been living it. Don't let your sins of the past effect how you live in the future. It's kind of similar to Genjo Sanzo's (Saiyuki) quote: [I]"Embrace nothing. If you meet the Buddah, kill the Buddah. If you meet your father, kill your father. Ony live your life as it is, not bound to anything." [/I] [/COLOR]
Posted
Mine either means I really like those crazy silly oxymorons, or I am attracted to/tend to attract/add to/live through chaos, as oxymorons are rather contradictory of each other. Sorta like how when hot air and cold air mix and create tornadoes. ;P

But more likely the first reason, I'm sure.
Guest SameOldScars
Posted
Well.......I'm not exactly sure what it says about me but a lot of people hate me for it.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I think my signature means my motto and that I like quotes... :catgirl: I really like my signature. I think it reflects who I am....I hope this doesn't sound like somthing from a lame book.[/COLOR]
Posted
Well, I think the picture of the girl I love says that... I love her. And I'm not replacing it unless with a different pic of her so this will still be a valid post in the future. <_< Also, I put one of my quotes in there as long with a song verse (ever changing)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...