OtakuBoards

Any plans for the Summer?

Shadow Blade

[quote name='Stark][SIZE=1']My goals for the summer, however, are pretty simple: Get my Driver's License( I took the test 3X, not including the one from Driver's Ed, and I failed all of them. It just takes me a while, that's all)[/SIZE][/quote][SIZE=1]It's okay it took me twice, but you should have seen the first time. Yup it was pretty bad. So be lucky you almost didn't get your head chopped off.

Anyways, for my summer I'm going to be doing school full time. I have to make up two classes I dropped, anthropology and beginning sign language. I might also take political science and an english course but these courses are 2x as hard and two hours longer. I will literally be going to school from like 7am till like 5 at night since sign language is only at night. It really bites which means that I'm going to have to work only on the weekends. Yeah, that and trying to squeeze friends into the picture. It will be busy, but I love summer. Even if I don't get to enjoy much of it this time around.[/SIZE]

I'm going to probably try to get a job and spend most of my time either in my friend's town or at Hollywood Park getting better and DDR. Then I'll try and see if I can get a little better at creating layouts and such for my school's literary magazine next year. Then, last but not least: sitting on my ***, watching tv, and getting fatter. Yup, my summer.

[FONT=Arial]I suppose the first two weeks of summer will be spent doing nothing. If it's not too hot, I'll ride my bike to the library every so often. Around June 19, I'll start going to a summer camp where'll I'll *hopefully* learn the role of Ms. Hannigan in the musical "Annie." Camp lasts for a little over a month, ending on a strike the set day, which will probably be July 17. Three days later, I turn fifteen, and I hope to have a nice little soiree with some friends. I'm not sure what we'll do yet, but my parent's birthday present is the camp and I'm not getting anything from them. The last few weeks of summer will probably be spent just like the first; I really want to get a summer job, but I don't think anyone will hire me for two weeks. I might be eager to go back to school by then, because I'll be a sophomore in Musical Theatre next year. I expect my family is going to go on a vacation sometime, but I really hope we don't. I hate vacationing, because all we ever do is go to the mountains in Georgia (can you say cabin fever? bears? heights? major sinus problems?), my mom's birthplace of what might be the smallest town in this state (there's one traffic light in the entire place), or the beach, which I hate. If we went somewhere exciting like New England or Canada, I'd be eager to go. Ohshwell. We have a laptop now, and even though it won't have internet in a cabin in the mountains, I can still kill Sims or make horrible horror movies in...the Movies.

Summers are usually not so great, but after this school year I can't wait for it to arrive.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy]Well, I am going to be a nanny for two months. I am going to get ripped off, but, meh, whatever. I am also going to get a job at a grocery store as a bagger...and work two jobs. I am also going to study some so that I can get my AA as soon as possible, get accepted to UI, and get the heck away from my parents.

Other than that, I hope to meet my friends from Romania when they fly over as well as read several books.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
I didn't think I was ever going to reply to my own thread simply because the plans for the summer was just stay home, maybe get a job or two, watch movies, do some crazy stuff with my friends, basically relaxation. However by the way my mom is talking it really sounds like she's going to send me off to California to stay with my aunt. Correction, my scary aunt. I'll tell you this much though, my aunt is ancient, she has no cable, no radio, and most of all no computer (looks like I won't be on the OB for a while). So this summer I'm going to be a monk, help with cooking, cleaning, gardening, and most importantly no pay. Can I get a bit of sympathy, here?
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=dimgray] I'm going to Panama City on June 8th and later on June 11th I'm going to Duke TIP (academic camp that I love to death). I've never been to Panama City, but I'm hoping I can just laze around on the beach and relax. And get a tan. :D But has anyone else here ever been to Panama City?

Later on in the summer I'm basically hanging around. I'll probably help out at my dad's store and do all my summer assignment for school. >_> Junior year is going to kill me when I start in the fall again.[/color]

[FONT=Arial]It's official: [B]I am going to be Miss Hannigan in a production of Annie![/B]

I'm also planning on doing several things to usher in the summer with my friends. With "Pareix," I want to ride bikes to CiCi's pizza, eat lunch, and play in the arcade. With "Ambuh" and "Bacchus," I want to go to Johnny Rocket's and pretend it's the fifties. I really want to have party with all my friends sometime soon, but I don't know when that will happen. Other than that, summer is going to be just how I described it before.[/FONT]

The majority of my summer is going to be spent working.
I'm going back home for 10 days in June to go see my sister graduate and visit my family and my boyfriend. Bah, 10 days is so short :animedepr . At least It'll be my birthday when I go back there.
Then I'm workin some more, will probably watch lots of tv, make more music vids, read, etc.
Then my parents and my sister might come visit me for a bit, and then in August I'm going to go see the Phantom of the Opera!

Does 6 months of military training count as plans? Cause if they do, then yes I have some big plans ahead of me. I get the first half of the summer to have fun, then I'm off to be physically and mentally tormented by a drill sargeant for 9 weeks. Then I get to go straight from there to my next training session in Texas where I'll be training in medicine. Those are my summer and fall plans.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, this summer I was going to do alot of different things. Like go to the pool that I go to, join a reading club at the library, and just have fun, I guess. But then, summer is going to be very short this year for the school distric that I go to is starting school earlier (because of the strike). I wish summer could last a very long time.

[SIZE=1]Sadly, my summer this year won't be quite as interesting as the last, but it should still be fun.

Once my exams finish [next monday, yay] I'll be done wih college for now, even if I don't do too well I have no intention of going back just yet. After that I'll have two or three weeks before my true summer kicks in, during which time I will most likely be bored out of my mind.

Anyway, around the end of July I'll be going to the same [Christian] summer conference I do every year, and I'll be doing children's work for the whole two weeks. Last year I wasn't able to, seeing as I was set to leave for Africa half-way through the first week, and the year before that I could only do one week since under-18s aren't allowed to work through both. I enjoyed it, even though it did limit my ability to participate in the rest of the conference, and, since a couple more of my friends'll be working aswell, I'm sure it'll be just as good if not better this time around.

After that I've got a few days back home, then I'm off to another conference, at which I'll just be your average attendee. And I imagine I'll be glad to be, after two weeks of working. Not as many of my friends'll be there this time round, but it should still be fun.

A couple of days later one of my five uncles is getting married, and this joyous occasion shall bring me the wonderous tidings of a brand-new suit. Even if the previous three weeks turned out to be a truly disappointing waste of time, this alone would make my summer great. Well... maybe not alone, but there y'go.

And, at the end of it all, I shall enter my wonderous gap year and find myself a mind-numbingly tedious job. Hurrah![/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I am FINALLY finished exams. My last one was chemistry which was today.

Tomorrow, I have a team BBQ with my archery team. My birthday's on July 2nd, so I'll try to get something free out of it. Like go to a restaurant where I'd get a free meal.

On July 15th, I'm going to go to Playdium where some of my school friends have a gig. I feel so bad for not being able to go to their first gig. But, at least for this one if anything I could take the bus. Plus, since it is Playdium, there's DDR which is a perk.

My sister would love for me to visit in London, ON. I've been wanting to attend her classes in university to see how a lecture is. And it's a form of propaganda to get me to go to that school. Meh, I'm already persuaded.

In August, I might go to Caribana. It's a Caribbean festival with floats and crazy costumes. Plus, there's great music. Well, in my opinion anyways.

The rest of the summer, I plan to finish RE4. I'm still on the first disk :mad: Maybe I'll try harder to get a job if I don't get accepted into summer school (I'm still on the waiting list.)[/COLOR][/FONT]