OtakuBoards

Recommended Anime of the Week ^-^

MrsKakashi

My Anime Recommendation of the Week is Ceres... my friend introduced me to his anime and let me tell you, I couldnt stop watching it. Has a great story and great characters. My favorite character is Yuhi. I think him and aya looked cuter together than her and Toya.

[B]Samurai X Trust and Betrayal[/B]- [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The story of Kenshin during his days of being the hiotkiri battosai. Amazing animation, supreb chacter devlopment.Great fight scenes very bloody. This is a must have anime movie even if you disliked Rurouni Kenshin you will still fall in love with this movie.[/COLOR]

[B]Magical Shopping Arcade abenobashi [/B] the story of 2 friends arumi and sashi or satoshi in the japaniese version as the travel from different versions of the shopping arcade. like a space, prehistory,detective noir, and hollywood stlye truly a great anime if you in comedy. mix with a little bit of drama. :animesmil

[IMG]http://www.rentanime.com/images/rentanime/dmss-004.jpg[/IMG]

it's a fairly new anime still unlicensed

it's [B]soul link[/B]- a bunch of cadets from the military are training in a space station like space colony when space pirates start attacking them threatening to blow the thing up and have it set for a collision course to earth. so the citizens evacuated so did most of the cadets except for 4 cadets and 2 civillians. so basically that's the synopsis

and [B]Ah! My Goddess season 2[/B]- continuation of belldandy and keichi's relationship :D

[b]Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu:[/b] Makes struggling through the first season of FMP so, so worth it. In addition to showcasing the basic superiority of Kyoto Animation to every other studio out there, it's genuinely funny and full of life. I found the comedy in GONZO's FMP to be mentally deadening, if not downright insulting to my intelligence, but while the writing in Fumoffu is basically the same (just more over-the-top), the direction and animation are leagues better, and that makes all the difference. KyoAni forever. :love:

~Dagger~

Man i had just found one of the best manga i ever saw. but 1st let me take you back in time do you remember the last episode of neon genesis. well this manga is based from the stories point of view where shiji and askua are childhood friends and the second impact never happened.

i just have the 1st book so far but i already love evangelion an this version is an awesome series just like the original but now that i've seen this new manga it makes me wish the 1st verson was a little funnier to not that the way it done was bad but you have to admit sometimes the original evangelion was depressing at times.

but i love this new manga if love to see all your favorite evangelion characters in this romantic,drama,comedy. then by all means go ahead and check out evangelion Angelic days i'd give this book a 10 out of 10

[SIZE=4]FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I[/SIZE][SIZE=2]It's like one of the best anime's ever. I mean you just can't beat the classics like that. Well it's not really classic bit I think you know what I mean.It's got just about every genre in it especially action.That is the main one. ;)[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#007520][INDENT][SIZE=1]When suggesting an Anime series, a little more description should go into your, well, descriptions. What is Fullmetal Alchemist about? Why is it the best anime series ever?
A post that like this, although brimming with enthusiasm, is little more than spam. Be sure to add more content to your posts so you can contribute to the conversation at hand. And you really don't need to use so many punctuation marks to make your point.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -r2[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

I have two. One's been recommended, but as I can see, the mod's have tackeled the post. ^^; Anyway.

[B]Fullmetal Alchemist[/B] - Ed and Al Elric attempt to bring back their mother using the forbidden act of human transmutation. Ed loses his leg in the process, and Al loses his entire body. Ed THEN uses his right arm to bind his brothers' soul to a suit of armor. Soon afterward, they burn their house down and begin this search for the cataylst called the Philosopher's Stone to restore themselves. Add great action, drama, a touch of western, good doses of comedy, loveable characters, and plot twists. Add in some wonderful songs and good animation, stir, and serve. If you haven't heard of this series by now, you need to get out more. If you haven't seen it, then shame.

[B]Elfen Lied[/B] - Two-horned diclonius Lucy has escaped from an island research facility,vicously killing numerous staff members and guards who got in her way. Guards send a bullet to her head, only to have it ricochet off her helmet and send her into the briny depths below, where one whould think she died. But, that is not the case, for she soon washes up on shore, naked, and with blood coming from her head. Two young college students, Kouta and Yuka, take her in and dub her "Nyuu", for that is all she can say. As Kouta tries to train the loveable Nyuu, who can't do anything for herself, and has to contend with his cousin Yuka's bulding jealousy twoards the two, all three are taken on many rollercoaster rides, including a bloodthirsty man who can do nothing but kill, the squads sent out for Lucy/Nyuu's capture, or possibly kill her, and others who are like Lucy - the diclonius who are meant to kill, though you soon discover not all are that way. Coupled with enough psychological and physical violence to last a lifetime, Elfen Lied is definately for the older set. But when you have stunning music, characters you grow fond of, and dealings with the tragic pasts of Kouta, Lucy, and more, you're in for a treat.

Ugh, those are my reommmendations....I went on and on again, sorry. ^^;

[B]Boys over Flowers[/B]- Honestly I thought I would hate this. But I needed a new romance anime so this was the only I could think of at the time. So I bought it now im in heaven. It was so incredibly amazing. The story was very compelling I almost cried 15 times. The animation although not the best gave the series character(if thats possible). I loved the characters they were well develpoed and were very understandable(save the protagonist I didn't understand what was wrong with her).
Oh and my favorite character is Socoroco [spoiler]I don't care if she had plastic surgery she is stil lthe cutest.[/spoiler]I highly recommend this anime it's right up there wit hhis and her circumstances and mason Ikkoku. This is a must see if your a romance of any kind(cept hentai of course).

Lemme introduce you to....:

[b]Wolf's Rain:[/b] It used to be on Cartoon Network's AdultSwim, but was cancelled as the series total of 30 episodes was over even though there still are many obsessed fans.

Wof's Rain takes place in more than 200 years in the future. People are poor and live in poverty due to Nobles(people who own the lands)waging senseless wars. Wolves were thought to be extinct for over 200 years, however that is not true wolves put a mind trick ,an illusion if you please, on humans so that they think that they're humans. A book called 'the Lunar Tome' says that paradise will appear when the world ends. So now, it's up to a white wolf to find the Lunar Flower(a flower that blooms in the moon's light)and open paradise.

A new week, a new recommendation... :catgirl:

[b]Fantastic Children:[/b] An intriguing show with an incredibly well-crafted storyline. It also has beautiful, careful animation, should you choose to look past (or embrace) the somewhat retro character designs.

The title refers to the Children of Befort, a group of white-haired children who are reincarnated periodically throughout history and only live to be 11 years old each time. They seem to be searching for a woman (with a regular lifespan) who has also been reincarnated several times and who, regardless of her name or the family she is born into, is compelled to create mysterious drawings or paintings of a fantastical, faraway place.

~Dagger~

Legend of the Dragon Kings. About four brothers who are reincarnations of 4 Dragon kings. Pretty good.
[COLOR=Seagreen][INDENT][SIZE=1]When suggesting an Anime series, a little more description should go into your, well, descriptions. For example you could have explained a little more about the series or even why you recommend it. Saying it's pretty good doesn't really explain it very well. Posts like this are considered spam so be sure to add more content to your posts so you can contribute to the conversation at hand. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. ~Aaryanna[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

[b]Genshiken[/b]: An series about Otaku. What more is there to say? The entire show focuses about The Society For Modern Visual Culture, a small group of guys who love anime and manga, and one of the club members has a girlfriend who loathes all things otaku. A good anime if you're looking for humor.

New week new recomendation. This weeks recomendation is sponsored by dollar store ramen. That yummy taste of amonia! :cool: On to the recommendation!

[B]Super Gals[/B]-This anime is all about girl power. But even though it's about girl power lot's of men actually like it. So that in itself speaks volumes. It's about a gal named Ron Kotobuki and her daily life with her 2 best freinds who are gals just like her. If you wanna watch an empowering girly anime or just a fluffy fun anime this is the one for you. Warning only half of thsi series is out in the us so far. The other half is suppose to come out on december 1 2006 but will only be in japanese with english subtitles. So if you can't watch that kinda thing then steer clear of this one.

[SIZE=4][B]Ikkitousen[/B][/SIZE] about women who inherit anicent sprits. and fight the main girl Sonsaku Hakufu She possesses the spirit of the Koutou Champion, Sonsaku who passed away at the age 26. The Sonsaku who is destined to fight. Shuuyu Koukin is worried about Sonsaku so he watches over his childhood friend. But, because of him worrying, Sonsaku just gets excited about the battles.
but i won't to give away to much she is very ditzy and can kick some real butt beautiful women fighting. hmmmm sounds like a winner to me. :D

[IMG]http://okazu.blogspot.com/ikkitousen04.jpg[/IMG]

I would have to say:

[B]Gundam Seed Destiny[/B]
The sequel to Gundam SEED, I finally baught the first two disks after searching all over town for them.
Set in C.E 73, DESTINY takes place after the first war had ended, and there is an uneasy truce between the Plants and Earth. A new main character, a coordinator by the name of Shinn Asuka, has a hard time moving on with his life, after losing his family in the battle of Orb. Now piloting a new Gundam for ZAFT, has to fight a new enemy after 3 other ZAFT Gundams are stolen.

That little part is from the back of the first DVD. I don't want to reveal too much of course, but the cast is all the same, as well as some new voices, and also Kirby Morrow (Miroku from Inu Yasha and Van from Escaflowne).

The third disk comes out sometime this month, I'm definately getting it.

[SIZE=1][B]Twelve Kingdoms[/B] - A wonderful coming-of-age fantasy adventure series based off a set of popular novels in Japan. The first few episodes are a little difficult to get through, mostly because there are ZERO sympathetic characters at first, but it's truly worth getting past to get to the "good parts."

It features some of the most drastic, but well-handled character development I've seen, especially concerning the lead character, who grows from being a somewhat timid teenage girl to a compassionate, confident woman fit to rule a country. And though the series only touches on about four or five of the Twelve Kingdoms, the world and its people are described in such detail that you won't really mind.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[B]Golden Boy[/B]
"Kintarou Oe doesn`t look like it, but he is a genius who completed all his university courses and then quit before graduating. He becomes a wandering student, going from place to place on his bicycle, seeking to learn what he can about life, the world, and women. He is willing and able to do any job he has to prove himself. His travels take him to a variety of locations and a variety of women, each who learns to love the hardworking guy, but not before he can run off."

[Source: ANN]

This is one of my all time favourites... it's a must see in english dub.

p.s I don't like Evangelion... IMO, it's not as glorified, revolutionary, unique etc as people seem to worship it for... thus the reason i don;'t like it... oh and those angel things drive me mad... most of them look like they were drawn in paint...

[font=arial]Hnnn...time for a new recommendation or two. :animesmil

[b][URL=http://www.animeworld.pl/recenzje/chobits.jpg]Chobits[/URL][/b] - You've probably heard this. Hideki Motesuwa is down on his luck. He's applied for a cram school in Japan, but the biggest thing sweeping the nation is out of his reach - and budget! Persocoms, standing for PERSOnal COMputers, are the latest and greatest thing to happen to Japan. They can be anywhere from the size of a bunny-like keychain, or as large as to look as a real human, until you take a look at their trademark ears. But one fateful night, Hideki discovers a persocom in the trash (thinking at first, it's a murdered girl!). He activates it, but all it can say is "Chii". So, this is what he names her! Hideki is then taken through a whirlwind of evetns - can you love a computer? Is Chii really a Chobit, a persocom possible of emotions? Where did she come from, and why was she dumped? With a beautiful story, as was originally done in the manga by the talatnted ladies at CLAMP, adorable characters, and catchy music, it's easy to see why Chobits is so beloved.

[b][URL=http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000065AYD.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]Excel Saga[/URL][/b] - Super-secret (and super-hyper) agent Excel Excel works under Lord Il Pilazzo in the super-secret organization ACROSS to take over the world...starting with the Prefecture of F. Working with Excel are martian girl Hyatt, who has a severe tendency to die and reveive constantly, and Meiinchi (Mince in the manga), the dog who serves as Excels emergency food supply! Excel Saga is the craziness of FLCL, multiplied by a thousand. With parodies of any anime genre you can think of, constant Japanese cultural references, zany characters, and renough randomness to put even forum n00bs to shame, Excel Saga is an anime that's weird, for the weird. It's also not for the faint of heart, too...but not in the violent sense, mind you. Episode 26 should NOT be viewed by young eyes. ((i have n ot yet seen it, but I have a good grasp of what happens...))[/font]

[COLOR=Magenta]My recommendation would be Grenadier. It's brand new and just came out. I watched the first episode (came with a magazine I subscribe) this morning and it rocked!!It's about this girl and boy who team up to fight bad pplz. and, uh, boys, it's gonna be a 12 episode roller coaster of bouncing breasts for u!!! :catgirl: lmfao! ha! whatev, but y'all should really check it out!! ;) [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Mewprincess[/B], that's great that you like Grenadier enough to recommend it, but a little more information as to what it's actually about would help others know if they really want to see it or not. Also, please work on your post quality as abbreviations just make it harder for others to understand what you are saying. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

To me I would have to recommend [B]Gungrave[/B], the series makes sitting through the first episode extremely worth it. It has great animation, 3 dimensional characters and a great plot to boot. Only 26 episodes but one heck of a story that leaves you wanting more. I couldn't believe this thing was based on a video game. It was really one of the best animes I have ever seen. It had me laughing, it had me crying. THe emotion comes through on the screen in huge waves.

I also, would have to say [B]Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal[/B]. A terrific OVA. At times beautiful, at others ugly. AT times comedic, at other times heartbreaking. I will say this the ending is what completely makes this anime a great anime. Pick it up, with the first volume of Gungrave. :D

Guest Scarface04
I would have to recommend Keroro Gunso aka SGT. Frog. ANN Summary:

"Keroro is a frog-like alien sent from his home planet on a mission to conquer Earth. But when his cover is blown, his battalion abandons him and he ends up in the home of the Hinata family. There, he's forced to do household chores and sleep in a dark basement that was once supposedly a prison cell haunted by the ghost of an innocent girl. He even spends his free time assembling Gundam model kits. During his stay, Keroro meets up with subordinates who were also stranded during their failed invasion. "

With frogs who are trying to take over the world, some gundam model kits, and the most kickbutt theme song "Afro Gunso", this is a must watch.

[IMG]http://anime.3yen.com/wp-content/images/keroro01.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=Lime]This week I recommend Mythical Detective Loki Ragnorok. It's a great anime and I loved it once I watched it. It would always catch my eye when I went to get a DVD at the store. It's a new anime but I go online and see when the next volume comes out.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Guardian Angel[/B], that's great that you like the show enough to recommend it, but a little more information as to what it's actually about would help others know if they really want to see it or not. So please put more effort into your post. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]