OtakuBoards

You today compared to you a year ago

2010DigitalBoy

I was thinking about how two weeks from now, one year ago, my life took a serious turn, and I've changed a lot since then. I was wondering how everyone else compares to themselves a year ago.

One year ago I was an uber-nerd. All I ever did was play video games and watch G4 video game TV. My best friends were also uber-nerds. I was a total goof back then and most of the people who new my name simultaneously hated me. And that was pretty much it.

About the only thing i've kept from them is a love of video games, but it's been overshrouded by a renewed love for anime/manga and a love for music.

Nowadays I don't act a fool in front of people, and instead of everyone hating me there are a lot of people who try to be my friend ^_^

Since then my knowledge of all things has grown en masse and I am now totally engrossed in psychology. I'm also now into romance instead of action, and now i'm bisexual.

[size=1][color=slategray]I do this often, I like to reflect on how I've changed through the years and how much actually went on.

Last year... I still had a lot of friends, I still trusted the majority of people I had been around. Through the past year I got screwed over nurmerous times, which caused me to back away from them. I associated myself with a new group of people, and left those I couldn't trust. I have friends now that are probably far better than the ones I had before, but they are few in number. I became really quiet publicly and was more of one to observe than contribute, opposed to me always wanting to lead conversation with my group of friends before.

But I suppose I prefer this, because this way, I've made good friends that are rather protective of me. They hardly know me, but despite that, I always get hugs and I'm secure with them.

I think that was one of the biggest changes in my social life by far. Sometimes you just can't trust people, because they let you down in the end.

Also, a year ago, I was obsessively playing Morrowind right in this spot. That lasted for a good seven/eight months. : D
Happiest spent hours of my LIFE. XD[/color][/size]

Wow, odd question! Lets see, a year ago I was HomeSchooled, mad and not on theOtaku.com and friends! I also was going to Karate just about everyday! Now, I'm In PublicSchool, which kinda sucks! Also I'm obviously on theOtaku and friends site! I'm still very active in Karate. So aside from school and TheO, not much has changed!

A year ago I [i]was[/i] single.

Today from a year ago... I'm happier. A lot happier. Something big happened to me around that time... I had a hard time recovering from it. I was constantly dwelling on the past, always regretting. My life was at a standstill, and I lived in the past.

Now, though... I'm in a relationship, and I learned to move on from all the stuff that happened. The past no longer fazes me. But what's different is that, instead of being tormented by the past, I'm always worrying about the future. Funny how that works, isn't it?

To be honest, one year ago I was a huge prick. I had one select group of friends who were pricks, and we each fed off each other. Then, I met other people and have had a complete turnaround on my outlook on friendship. People you didn't have similar interests with can still be friendly.

I also became enthusiastic about writing music. My friend and I wrote a song and played it, and it was the biggest rush. We now write frequently, and are going to record soon.

Becoming a real musician opened my eyes and see deeper into music. Trust me, being a musician really makes you appreciate and notice things you wouldn't notice as a non musician

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]A whole lot has happened to me and i've changed quite a bit.

Last year i was....hmmmm....not nearly as cool as i am now. Although i wouldn't really say i'm "cool" now. I didn't have much confidence in myself last year either, and that's changed a lot....maybe too much. ^L^ Now i shall go into list format!

1. I kickass at the guitar now...compared to last year.
2. I lost some weight, it's really obvious if you look at my driver's license and my face now.
3. I'm not hopelessly addicted to video games.
4. I stand a chance with the ladies.
5. My style and wardrobe are much better.
6. I'm more arrogant.
7. I'm smarter and better in every way. ^J^ (please consult #6)
8. I'm single.
9. I DDR.
10. I'm more mature.

Yeah, there ya go.

Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[font=trebuchet ms]This day last year, I had a [url="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/goodbyeface/IMG_1333.jpg"]chimney on my house[/url], a [url="http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/goodbyeface/IMG_1339.jpg"]tree in my front yard[/url], a mental breakdown and related illnesses, and a girlfriend who was cheating on me.

Last year I pretty much wanted to die. Today I'm just glad I'm alive. :-/[/font]

1. Last year, I had one job. Now I have two.
2. Last year, I was beginning to fall in love with someone. Now I am beginning to fall out of "whatever" with someone.
3. Last year, I was very in touch with God & my religion. Now, I still am, but it is to a smaller extent.
4. Last year, I loved my church and everything about it. Now, I have several problems with how things are run.
5. Last year, I didn't have a MySpace. Now, I do.
6. Last year, I had one crappy trumpet. Now, I have 2 crappy trumpets. And a VERY nice one.
7. Last year, I played on a 5C. Now, I play on a 3C & am moving to a 1 1/2C. That's not a big deal unless you play the trumpet.
8. Last year, I could play 2 instruments. Now, I can play 4.
9. Last year, I owned 2 instruments. Now, I own 7.
10. Last year, things were starting to get rocky between my BFF & me. Now, things are just fine.
11. Last year, I didn't care what people thought about me - appearance-wise. Now, I care slightly.
12. Last year, I was very sure of everything. Now, I am very unsure of everything.

[QUOTE=Sara][size=1][i]Originally Posted by [b]DeadSeraphim[/b][/i]:[/size]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]One year ago I wasn't single.[/font][/color][/size][/QUOTE][color=#503f86]And I still am :p [/color]

[color=#503f86]Oh wait, that doesn't make sense... I'm still single, as I was last year. Yes, much better syntax.[/color]

[color=#503f86]Erm... a year ago I'd just finished my second and last year at Chichester College. I was incredibly pleased with my acting skills but a little worried about what i was going to do next. Except I was still helping out a (then) friend of mine with trying to start up a war games company. [/color]

[color=#503f86]That fell through in a rather unfriendly way in late January, and left me rather emotionally battered as a result. But I've learnt from the situation and am a lot more worldly-wise as a result. Also since January, I've been half-running a production company and making a [url="http://www.italwayscomesasasurprise.t83.net/"]film[/url], which has involved any number of tasks I'd never done before, as well as a lot of finger-pulling-out actions.[/color]

[color=#503f86]Really... I know I've changed. But if anything I've become more 'me' than I was before, if that makes sense. More confidence, a better sense of what I want to do and where I want to be. Although I'm not concentrating on becoming an actors so much now, which I was then. Sort of, heh.[/color]

[color=#503f86]I'm certainly [i]busier[/i] than I was last year...[/color]

[COLOR=Navy]A year ago, well, I only just got out of high school. I was getting ready to enter community college and I had a lot of friends.

Now I lost a lot of old friends and made a whole new bunch of friends.

I was single, and I dated a total of two guys in the past year. I wish I never broke up with the first guy and wish I never met the second.

It was a tough year. Now, I have my priorities straight and I think I have a job for sure. [/COLOR]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2][color=darkred]The person I was a year ago was an introverted person. I was shy and kept my true self hidden from the outside world. When ever I was at home or with people I was "used to" I would be myself, which is a spaz attic monkey.:animesmil Now ever since the summer before I went to high school, I've been "me" whereever and whenever I was. People say I have changed, but in truth I've just broke out of my shell. Yet it doens't matter to me whatsoever. I liked my life before and I'm liking now.;) [/color][/size][/font]

Well, last year I was depressed and stuff. I was always unhappy and had very few friends. Now, I still dont have a lot of friends but i'm happy most of the time. And I like being happy. :animesmil I guess i'm a different person now.

[COLOR=Lime]Today my life is full of suprises and I'm always so happy and last year I used to be mixed with emotions and was always looking down on little things and now I'm happy and look to others for happiness and I don't have to worry about my old self and ways but to look foward to the future spending times with my friends and family.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=maroon]A year ago, I had great friends. One of my closest friends had a crush on the same girl I did, and when I got to know her, he became my biggest enemy and tried to get people against me. He succeeded making this one idiot think I was [i]HONESTLY AND LITERALLY[/i] out to kill him. Turned out, she went out with someone else. My "friend" avoided me during this entire time.

Finally, about six months ago, when I casually bumped into him and mentioned that she is single again, he suddenly became my best friend again and wanted me to introduce him to her. Her roommate liked him, and so helped him and hindered me. If you think that is depraved, he's currently dating her roommate to get closer to her.

Needless to say, I lost three friends: him, the idiot who thought I wanted to kill him, and the girl's roommate.

However, I would say I myself am a better person now. That much I can believe, because I became stronger through it all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]A year ago I was incredible self-concious, depressed about my weight and declining health, and wearing sweat pants. Now my personality is completely different - my weight has become a point of pride and I look at the world from a much different point of view, a different perspective from what I used to see. I now love being fat and people are all like "Hey, that's pretty cool, he doesn't give a **** what people think of him! Right on!" which is cool. [/COLOR]

[font=Comic Sans MS]This should be... amusing.

A year ago, I was a recovering heroin and cocaine addict, hanging out in Otaku Boards incessantly, an' blogging my wee heart out on myO. And hiding the fact that I was doing all of the above.

A year ago, I had an ongoing apprenticeship, that fell through, and I had no friends in this bloody awful small town anymore.

I was fresh out of the big city and out of a five-year relationship, a year ago.

This year? I drink too much, I smoke too much...and I don't hang out here much or blog me wee heart out anymore. A rare update, at best.

I still have no friends in this town, but that's okay, because I've found others in other places, and now I write an' record music, found someone I love who loves whiskey an' music as much as I do, etc.

This year, I've done my fair share of radio broadcasts, which shall continue for as long as I'm interested in DJing, which is always fun.

I did, however, have a serious gutwrenching, soul-marring heartbreak within the last month, which is still continuing and shall continue for at least another six months....one that so few of you would even begin to comprehend, so we won't get into that.

That's the difference between me a year ago an' me today.

Not sure if either is better or worse. Just...different.

cheers!

[/font]

Last year...I was like the most poplular girl in school, almost every boy liked me, wanted to catch my attention or something. :D I hung out with the popular girls. All the good stuff. I didn't pay much attention to class either.

This year...I rejected everyone, pushed them all out of my life, smiled only to ones that I like. (which is quite few) I don't even want to pay attention to the girls anymore.

Guest stupetrified
Interesting thread... Well, as for me - a lot of things have changed since the previous year. I guess I can make a list of changes as well. =)
1. I've become a pretty good english speaker (I'm originally from Russia).
2. I'm now singing in a band. Cool! We're planning to make a debut soon. =)
3. I started to learn Japanese... Well, I wouldn't say it's too difficult, but far more complicated than English - that's for sure. =)
4. My passion for Japanese came from anime and manga. I'm really glad I know a few things about these now. ^_^
5. I've become more mature, more... self-confident maybe. I look at many things now a bit different from the previous year.
6. I started to hate people... Well, not at all, but it seems to be kind of a social phobia or something like that.
7. But nevertheless I have made more friends... I simply have my own circle of great people whom I enjoy talking with. =)

Hmmm last year I was nervous thinking how great college would be. I also had to quit my job thanks to a certain idiot that still won't stop foloowing me.

I was confident and happy that my life was going forward. Now I am miserable and scared that I will lose my cool and fail another semester due to stress.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]A year ago, I was planning on going to college. I wasn't planning on homework though, I was planning on breezing through it like everything else in my life. I figured that things would just fall into place. I was getting dangerously close to 300 pounds, was in poor health, spent money I didn't have, and generally lived an unfulfilled life.

Now, I plan to go back to college. I plan on working harder, taking names, and kicking ***. I'm dangerously close to 200 pounds, more mature, have friends, a more mature outlook on life, goals.

I adhere to the code of bushido and discovered that asian culture is deeply relaxing to me. I discoved that after A very trying time, in which my primary emotion was rage. Blind rage. After reading a book about samurai and bushido, I decided that bushido was the best philosophy for life. I'm more a peace with myself and the rest of the world.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]A year ago, I was planning on going to college. I wasn't planning on homework though, I was planning on breezing through it like everything else in my life. I figured that things would just fall into place. I was getting dangerously close to 300 pounds, was in poor health, spent money I didn't have, and generally lived an unfulfilled life.

Now, I plan to go back to college. I plan on working harder, taking names, and kicking ***. I'm dangerously close to 200 pounds, more mature, have friends, a more mature outlook on life, goals.

I adhere to the code of bushido and discovered that asian culture is deeply relaxing to me. I discoved that after A very trying time, in which my primary emotion was rage. Blind rage. After reading a book about samurai and bushido, I decided that bushido was the best philosophy for life. I'm more a peace with myself and the rest of the world.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE] [COLOR=maroon]I'm not mocking you or being sarcastic, but that has to be the most unexpected thing to hear from someone who has dubbed himself "Farto the Magic."

But yeah, good job, man, I'm happy for you. Glad you found a path you can walk on and discover yourself.[/COLOR]