OtakuBoards

Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread

Charles

[font=arial]I just wanted to let Charles know that I've updated the character limits - I was surprised that they were as low as 60,000 per post. If we're going to have limits like that, we might as well put them up. I've moved them to 100,000 per post, which should allow for more room.

In terms of putting Otakupedia into its own folder/mini-site, Charles, can you contact me via PM and let me know how you're wanting to set that up? I would like to put a design/layout together that gels with the boards. [/font]

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I think I've gotten this all up-to-date through page 8 minus some small touches, like linking some members' names to their bios or providing a category, and I'm spent.

Oh and thanks for clearing up that ZF mystery Ajeh. That was kind of nagging me. lol

Also, thanks for updating the character limits James, that'll be extremely helpful.

[font=arial]I just wanted to add a couple of quick edits.

1) I first joined the forums in late 1999. I think at this time they had only just changed to "theOtaku.com: Forums" from Absolute Gameboy forums (but only Adam would really know the date of the change, I think).

When I first joined, I was a Moderator on the forums but I was also the editor of Absolute GameCube (our GameCube-centric channel on theOtaku) and I was a contributor to Absolute Gameboy and Absolute Xbox (lots of absolutes there, eh?)

If you would like more detail on those old gaming channels, I'm happy to provide it. They probably warrant their own sections, actually.

2) The editor of Absolute Gameboy was Frank (which was then our largest gaming site - the only site to compare in size was our Dragon Ball Z site).

Frank was not only the editor of that site (and probably the very first editor on theOtaku.com), but he was [i]also[/i] theOtaku.com: Forums' first Administrator. Frank was essentially the chief admin at the time (in other words, he basically had the same job then as I have now). Adam was the network owner, but Frank ran/owned the forums.

We actually need an entire article about Frank because he was one of the most significant figures in early network history. Can anyone else remember any other details about him?

[b]Edit:[/b] Oh, I nearly forgot. In the section about me, it talks about the new version of myOtaku.

It's worth pointing out that there [i]will not be[/i] a new version of myOtaku. Or at least, there won't be a new blog based on any of the designs I've put forward. I think you'll find that the site is being taken in a different direction and so there's been no further development in that area.

Also, OB's next version is code-named "OB Evolution". But it's not set to arrive until 2007.[/font]

I'd love to see the following article about me added. = ]

[COLOR=Blue][U][CENTER]cancer[/CENTER] [/U] [/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m55/pravusart/Miscellaneous/DSCF4526small.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Blue][U]Background[/U]

cancer is a member from the United States that has been involved with OtakuBoards since early 2002. Unfortunately, he?s changed his name numerous times, so people probably don?t remember who he used to be, if that makes any sense. In his early days he was very active in the Adventure Square participating in RP?s and displaying artwork in the Art Studio. In those days, cancer was known as Ares.

[U]Art of cancer[/U]

The one thing that cancer should definitely be noted for is his artwork. He has displayed artwork in the Art Studio often; he has participated in art contests, and in major threads such as Draw My Character. He has helped in making tutorials for the thread Art Studio Tutorials. Once he tried to create a tutorial on anime-style drawing titled Art of OtakuBoards, but that never went through, due to lack of time to give it the needed effort. It is a project that could one day be revived, however.

cancer has been creating artwork for most of his life, ever since he can remember. He had been drawing in the anime style since 2000, but recently has moved on to more realistic drawings and has begun to get more into graphic design. cancer won the title of Dude of Doodles for the year of 2006 by winning first place in an art contest held by Dragon Warrior. Below are two pieces of artwork created by cancer. [/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/xliquidousx/miscellaneous/Denysssmall.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/xliquidousx/miscellaneous/bornforslaughtersmall.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Blue][U]cancer in the Now[/U]

cancer had his username changed to cancer in early 2006. He actually created a new account in the year of 2005, because for much of 2003 and 2004 he was not active on the boards. cancer is currently planning on creating more tutorials for the Art Studio and creating a new thread in which to display all of his artwork. By the way, cancer can do one hell of a Christopher Walken impersonation. Also, his real name is Jeremy. [/COLOR]

[quote name='James][font=arial']Also, OB's next version is code-named "OB Evolution". But it's not set to arrive until 2007.[/font][/quote]
[size=1]Oh thank god. I thought I was never going to see OB10 (or is it 9? Who can keep track of these things anymore?) Remember James, I get a free sandwich with my tenth version.

Aaryanna: The Daily Otaku actually shared a name with series of threads that Stardust had created in 2001.

[b]The Original Daily Otaku[/b]

The original [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=3341]Daily Otaku[/url] was a series of threads in the General Discussion (now Otaku Lounge) forum, created by Stardust and others in 2001. The Daily Otaku was the original OtakuBoards newspaper, and each "issue" featured brief articles discussing popular threads and interesting quotes of the day. These articles were written by Stardust and a staff of "Reporters," including Forte, Tec-9, Krillen, Deathknight, Shy and others.

Each issue of The Daily Otaku was posted in a seperate thread, and, ironically, on a semi-daily or weekly infrequent basis. These threads were initially well-received by the members; at one point it was decided that new issues of The Daily Otaku would be given prominence among the General Discussion forum by being "stickied." This success led to other members attempting to create their own daily Otaku-themed newspapers, causing a great deal of conflict at the time. Stardust seemed incapable of organizing the ambitious project by herself, and the quality of The Daily Otaku suffered as a result.

Reporters became frustrated by The Daily Otaku's [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=4572]lack of communication with Stardust[/url], often resigning from their positions shortly after being hired. These reporters were hired over literally a [i]dozen threads[/i], leading to mass confusion and putting her at odds with many staff members. At one point each individual reporter posted their own [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=3481]Daily[/url] [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=3495]Otaku[/url] news thread, the idea being that each individual forum was active enough to support their own thread. This idea was quickly dismissed, and due to oversaturation it may have been responsible for deteriorating member interest in the concept.

Over the course of several weeks only a handful of issues were posted. Stardust became aware of these problems, but her immaturity only made the growing problems worse. Finally Stardust was ordered by staff to end the project, and all of the active Daily Otaku threads were closed (The General Discussion version was closed while still stickied, and remained at the top of the forum for several days following its' closure.)

Several attempts to resurrect The Daily Otaku were made, but they were each short lived. Years later Desbreko created his own Daily Otaku thread in the Anthology forum, sharing a legacy with the original in name only.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Oh thank god. I thought I was never going to see OB10 (or is it 9? Who can keep track of these things anymore?) Remember James, I get a free sandwich with my tenth version.
[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=arial]I don't know about OB10, but OB8 will definitely arrive. I'm actually going to be spending my own money on it this time, so it had [i]better[/i] arrive! Haha. :o [/font]

Just a little FYI: It just came to my attention that I typoed Sephiroth's name in my entry regarding MAMA, and this has translated over to the Otakupedia itself.

I don't know how much of this is accurate since I'm running on memory power, someone else can correct it if they know otherwise. ^_^

[b] Final Flash[/b]
Category: Old Members, Former moderators.

[b]
Early Days:[/b]
Final Flash was a category moderator on the Otkauboards from 2001 to 2003. Often remembered as the guy who created the socks thread, there was more to Flash than just that.

Final Flash registered somewhere around the twilight days of the UBB run Version 2 and the new VBulletin run version 3. Flash quickly rose to prominence as an exemplary member in the forums he frequented, and soon became moderator of the spriting forum. After a run in the spriting forum, and proving himself there, Flash was moved to moderating the more populated Sony forum. It was here that Flash carved out a reputation as a solid moderator, running the Sony with the upmost of efficency and dedication.
[b]
Rise to Supermod status:[/b]

Final Flash was, however, unhappy with the arrangement that saw hin owrking under Kuja, who was at the time supermod of the gaming area. Flash often saw Kuja as an inferior member owing to his post quality. When Kuja was banned from OtakuBoards, (for more information see Notable members: Kuja) Final Flash celebrated by creating an avatar showing Kuja's unsername in the background, with the status of "Banned," and a sprite in the foreground pumping his fists into the air in celebration.

Final Flash soon became supermod of the gaming arena, and as a result, the area took on a whole new lease of life. It was around this time that Flash created the Maverick Hunters RPG, an RPG that would attract some of the more prominent members to join up. It was one of the highest quality RPG's of it's time, and raised the bar of quality in the Adventure Arena singificantly. James, the amdinistrator of the time, like the story so much, he would go on to pen two sequels to it. One of which would invole the Flash himself.
[b]
2003 Dissapearance.[/b]

He would hold on to his supermod status until early 2003, when he suddenly and unexpectedly dissapeared. Zeh took over as supermod of gamer in the wake of Flash's absence.
[b]
2004 Comeback.[/b]

Early in 2004, Flash made an unexpected comeback to the forum, registering a MyOtaku account and posting in several threads. The Daily Otaku of the day recorded reports of topics that had been "Flashed." Many members though the Flashster was back to stay...

However, Flash soon dissapeared again, never to be heard from since. He left behind an OtakuBoards gaming section that was all the more richer and matured for having known him.

Final Flash was named after Vegeta's "Final Flash" move in DragonBall Z, though it is safe to say he made the name his own.

------------

[b]Zeh[/b]
Category: Old members, banned members, former moderators.

[b]Early Days:[/b]

Zeh (known also as Cloud Strife, Tasis) joined TheOtaku community back in it's Abosolute Gameboy days, and quickly became a respected member of the OtakuBoards community. Zeh was an avid gamer and was a valuable asset to AGC back in the day, helping write some articles for the site as well as dispensing his vast knowledge through OtakuBoard's.com. Zeh was, at the time, the youngest person to be promoted to the status of a moderator, earning his spot on the team aged 12. (this was before the age 13 cutoff was applied or enforced.)

[b]Category Mod & Ban from OtakuBoards.[/b]

Zeh became Category Moderator of Otaku Gamer in 2003, after Final Flash stepped aside. Zeh would not hold this position for long. however.

During the heated spat between OtakuBoards and Kevin's AEB. An announcement was made to the membership that a moderator of high position within the OB had gone over to the AEB and incited a flame war with the Kevin-sympathetic users on it, in a show of support for the OtakuBoards that James felt corssed the line. OtakuBoards was more inclined to take the moral highground and not divulge in such dirty tactics. Intitially, the user was not named by James, who was thinking over either dropping the member from the moderator team, or banning him outright.

In the end, James decided that a full ban was justified and he banned the member. While Zeh was not named per se, his loss of moderator status and subsequent ban left no one in two minds about who was responsible for the AEB incident.

However, some members believed that Zeh was innocent, given that the name of the flame inciter was actually Leh. This theory was considered unfounded until another member of the OtakuBoards, Logan, changed his name to Leh shortly after the Zeh ban. These names were similar owing to a trend in username changes at the time which started with Break's name change to Weh. The conspiracy theorists died off quickly, however, and the issue remains a shut case.

[QUOTE=Shinje]Just a little FYI: It just came to my attention that I typoed Sephiroth's name in my entry regarding MAMA, and this has translated over to the Otakupedia itself.

Zeh was, at the time, the youngest person to be promoted to the status of a moderator, earning his spot on the team aged 12. (this was before the age 13 cutoff was applied or enforced.) [/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yeah, I'm noticing a few typos in a lot of the articles. I understand how difficult it is to go through and correct the mistakes after they've been posted, especially since it's updated daily, but at what point are we going to go?

I, myself, am going to start being a little more careful now when writing my entries so I won't cause more trouple. [b]Edit:[/b] Ye gods the irony.

Also, Renee was younger, what with her being a mod at 11.[/color]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Oh thank god. I thought I was never going to see OB10 (or is it 9? Who can keep track of these things anymore?) Remember James, I get a free sandwich with my tenth version.

Aaryanna: The Daily Otaku actually shared a name with series of threads that Stardust had created in 2001.[/size][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]If I remember correctly, the original name of [i]that[/i] disaster was actually "The daily [some mutilated spelling of the word 'cappuccino']"[/size][/color]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]If I remember correctly, the original name of [i]that[/i] disaster was actually "The daily [some mutilated spelling of the word 'cappuccino']"[/size'][/color][/quote]
[size=1]I believe you're right, but I can't find out what the original title of the thread was. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, Renne's signature has her claiming to be the first female to become a staff member, and the first female to reach 1,000. I was under the impression that Angel Saturn Healer became a mod before she did. Nerdsy can you help me with this?[/size][quote name='James][font=arial]I don't know about OB10, but OB8 will definitely arrive. I'm actually going to be spending my own money on it this time, so it had [i]better[/i'] arrive! Haha. :o [/font][/quote][size=1]I must be counting unnumbered version updates or something. Go figure.

And what do you mean you're paying for it yourself? Is Adam being cheap again? I'm going to be seeing him in January, so I'll beat him a few times if that'll help matters. If not, I'll probably beat him anyway. We have a lot of history together.

-Shy[/size]

[size=3][b][u][url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=20&page=1&pp=40&highlight=dragonball+battlefield]Dragonball - Battle Field: End of the Universe[/url][/u][/b][/size][size=1] (by [i]Final Flash[/i])
[b]Category: Notable Threads[/b]

[b]General info[/b]
Created by Final Flash back when The Arena was still Games & Stories, DB:Battle Field was the first epic RPG of OtakuBoards. Made during late v1/early v2, Flashy would create a new thread for each story arc. Each arc would be fully planned out by Flash with an endpoint in mind which he would push for as individual character stories progressed. The 'roster' of the RPG was relatively open although there was little to no change to it after the switch to v3 (due to which the first 3 threads are missing).

Originally RPers posted stats of their characters, similar to the power levels seen in DragonBall Z. These were meant to be slowly increased as the character would undergo whatever forms of training. After a while these stats faded away, having become obnoxiously huge and obsolete, and serving no real purpose. At the time this departure from stats was very unheard of for RPGs of a similar nature, but this separation from stats seemed to cause the DB:BF posters to find another purpose for writing (other than trying to be the strongest). This caused an explosion in concept exploration (time travel; perception of time; space travel; alternate dimensions; death & reincarnation; blahblah) and character development (side-quests; personal feuds, alliances & rivalries; history; more blah blah) on top of Flashy's tournaments, villains and twists.

The post-quality was probably, at times, still as poor (relative to the high quality maintained these days) as in other RPGs from the same era, but this improved over time.

[b]Posters[/b]
Final Flash
Warlock
Dragonballzman
PiroMunkie
AJeh
Sephiroth
Raiha

[b]End[/b]
DB:BF had a climactic end: a 2-part post by Flash in which the universe ended. All participants of the RPG were satisfied with its end, even after over 40 pages and nearly 1600 posts.

Flash attempted to revive the 'franchise' with DB:BF - Post Apocalypse, a back-due-to-popular-demand continuation of the story with fresh characters in a new universe. Many new RPers also signed up such as Chaos, DeathKnight, Juuthena, Shinobi and Mitch. This sequel pretty much flopped as it couldnt live up to the hype of the original: whilst it was the post quality was much higher and the same degree of planning was put forth by Flashy, it didnt have any groundbreaking ideas in it to keep anybody's attention for too long. Nosedive.

[b]Relevant Links:[/b]
Concluding post - [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=282771&postcount=1580][i]Part 1[/i][/URL] | [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=282772&postcount=1581][i]Part 2[/i][/URL]
Post Apocalypse - [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=19411&page=1&highlight=dragonball+battlefield][i]Sign-ups[/i][/URL] | [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=19607&page=1&highlight=dragonball+battlefield][i]Thread[/i][/URL]

--
Bleh. Best I could do =/

To Shy: Not of any help, but I remember them being both on at the same time although I think ASH quit before Renee did.

To N: [url]http://www.angelfire.com/geek/Nmansbuddys/[/url] :)[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]

Also, Renne's signature has her claiming to be the first female to become a staff member, and the first female to reach 1,000. I was under the impression that Angel Saturn Healer became a mod before she did. Nerdsy can you help me with this?[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]According to [URL=http://web.archive.org/web/20010331051118/http://theotaku.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi]Archive.org[/URL], Renee was a moderator at a time that Angel wasn't. Further, I don't recall Angel ever telling me she was a mod before that, and I do recall congratulating her on getting the position.

Coincidently, that link appears to be the day I registered. that is so awesome. But nobody read my old posts, please. They're too embarassing. :animesigh

[b]Edit[/b]: Bah to you, Ajeh, trudging up old angelfire sites that I completely forgot existed!

For the record, I've learned how to spell "comprehension" since then.[/color]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']And what do you mean you're paying for it yourself? Is Adam being cheap again? I'm going to be seeing him in January, so I'll beat him a few times if that'll help matters. If not, I'll probably beat him anyway. We have a lot of history together.[/size][/quote]
[color=darkblue][size=1]You'll have to get through me first, dear. Playing bodyguard apparently comes with my job description. :p[/color][/size]

[quote name='Nerdsy][size=1][color=deeppink]Coincidently, that link appears to be the day I registered. that is so awesome. But nobody read my old posts, please. They're too embarassing. [/color'][/size][/quote]
[color=darkblue][size=1]It must have been far before I came and was a PokéMod with you, because I can't remember anything too terrible.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Meh, I want to make an entry, so I'll go with what I can remember of;
[CENTER]
* * *[/CENTER]

[b]Scorpion Corporation[/b]
[i]Category: OtakuBoards spin-offs[/i]

The Scorpion Corporation, or [i]'Scorp Corps'[/i] for short, was a seperate community of OtakuBoards members formed in early 2005. Powered by Invision Boards, and hosted at [i]invisionfree.com[/i], the Scorp Corp board offered a similiar layout and forum selection to OtakuBoards.

Unfortunately, being so heavily based on the OtakuBoards setup, Scorp Corp had nothing to offer that couldn't already be found on the OB itself. The community was relatively small from the beginning, and with only a few new members joining up as time passed, posts tended to be few and far between and the boards managed to 'die' completely within a month or so of their creation.

The only trace of the Scorpion Corporation community that remains on the OtakuBoards today, and the only mention of the boards outside of signatures at the time, is Raiyuu's OtakuBoards Fan-Fiction [b][i][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46310]Less Than Hero[/URL][/i][/b], which featured Scorp Corp members as supervillians bidding to take over OtakuBoards - or rather, OtakuCity. [i]Less Than Hero[/i] was as shortlived as the Scorp Corp board itself, and never made it past the third chapter.

Former members of the Scorpion Corporation included Dragon Warrior, Retribution, Ezekiel, Dodeca and Sakura, among others.

[CENTER]* * *[/CENTER]

I still used my 'Rei_Man' account at the time, but hey. 'Among others' roughly translates as 'I can't remember much, so I'm just taking 'em from the Less Than Hero threads. If anyone wants to add to the ill-informed list of members, that'd be helpful. >.<

Oh, and can anyone remember who it was that started the Scorp Corp boards? Was it Sean?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]It must have been far before I came and was a PokéMod with you, because I can't remember anything too terrible.[/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Oh, [i]long[/i] before that. I don't remember when you became a mod (sometime after the switch to VB, right?) or when you joined, but I was really only a terrible member in my first week, after which I realized that the jokes my friends at the time enjoyed wouldn't cut it here. And thus, I instantly matured to a level relative to the rest of the board.

Which, at the time, wasn't a whole lot better. : P

Speaking of the Pokemon forums.

[b]Pokemon[/b]

Not only was it one of the earliest forums on the boards, the Pokemon forum was also the most popular game-specific forum. While discussion of the anime was allowed, it was very rarely present.

Originally, the forum suffered from a lack of direction; the main draw of Pokemon was the one-on-one battles, and those were impossible at the time. The rest of the game was far too simplistic to inspire any interesting topics. Threads ended up ranging from repeated pleas for help regarding an elusive item (often repeated by several new members) to conversations about Pokemon nicknames to an involved fanfic about numerous mutated Cubones.

However, that all changed with the arrivals of vaporjolt and Altron Gundam (who would later mod the forum). Both masters of their respective sets of games (Gold/Silver/Crystal and Red/Blue/Yellow), they started rating the teams of their fellow forum members, doling out brutal honesty mixed with helpful advice. Together, they breathed new life and direction into the Pokemon forum.

Added to this was the discovery of the Pokemon Battle System, a website which simulated actual Pokemon battles. Forum goers were finally able to pit their teams against each other and discuss their battles in the forum. The battles were quickly dominated by the likes of vaporjolt, Altron Gundam, and Safer Sephiroth, but everyone enjoyed themselves.

Some time later, Altron Gundam, vaporjolt, and other prominent members disappeared from the forum, effectively eliminating team rating, and the Pokemon Battle System shut down. The forums suffered as a result, and were eventually deemed to have been played out. They were removed with the rest of the anime and video game specific forums.

I know I'm missing a large chunk from the later months, but I wasn't around/don't remember a lot about it. And I was probably being a little dramatic about the "forum suffered as a result," so go ahead and set me straight on that. :cool: [/color]

[size=1]Okay, I'll edit in everything up to this post (Page 10) tonight.

Try to get some natural sunlight until then, Chuck.

And Nerdsy, you totally forgot the inclusion of Kei and yourself into that Pokemon article. For shame!

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Oh, [i]long[/i'] before that. I don't remember when you became a mod (sometime after the switch to VB, right?) or when you joined, but I was really only a terrible member in my first week, after which I realized that the jokes my friends at the time enjoyed wouldn't cut it here. And thus, I instantly matured to a level relative to the rest of the board.[/color][/quote]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I joined in August 2001, which should be...late v2 or early v3, methinks. I really don't remember.

I became a Mod in July 2002. Four years and holding on somehow. XD[/color][/size]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']I know I'm missing a large chunk from the later months, but I wasn't around/don't remember a lot about it. And I was probably being a little dramatic about the "forum suffered as a result," so go ahead and set me straight on that. :cool: [/color][/quote]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Right-o.

[b]Pokémon: Addendum[/b]

Although vaporjolt and Altron Gundam had almost altogether disappeared from the forum, upon the release of Pokémon Precious Metals series, interest in creating the best possible team saw a resurgence and resulted in many threads from members asking for team ratings. To reduce clutter, a sticky thread was made that remained open until the forum's dissolution into the Video Game Archives upon the launch of v7.

Trivia threads also made up a noticeable amount of content in the Pokémon forum, the most prominent of them being the series of "NoodleZ Poké Challenge!" threads made by Ryan. However, as most trivia threads go, the original poster eventually lost interest and it was taken over by another member, then died all together.

[b]To Shy:[/b] Modesty is the best policy. ;p[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1][b]To Shy:[/b] Modesty is the best policy. ;p[/color'][/size][/quote]
[size=1]We'll never have an accurate view of OB history and culture if people choose to omit themselves from certain articles. The both of you have a long history with that forum in particular, and it should be acknowledged.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']We'll never have an accurate view of OB history and culture if people choose to omit themselves from certain articles. The both of you have a long history with that forum in particular, and it should be acknowledged.[/size][/quote]

[color=darkblue][size=1]It is true that we both have a long history there, but it wouldn't be right if we wrote it ourselves, since it has the potential to come off a bit biased and things of the ilk. If someone else were to write it, that's fine, but I just don't feel comfortable writing about myself when there's the possibility I can come off tooting my own horn.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]

And Nerdsy, you totally forgot the inclusion of Kei and yourself into that Pokemon article. For shame![/size][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I didn't include G/S Master or Dragon either, if you notice. : )

And I wanted to include Kei, but I don't really remember her history, and I can't really talk about her impact after I left. I figured I'd leave her up to her.

[b]Edit[/b]: Kei, if we're biased, there's a whole board of people who would set us straight. This is a collaborative process, after all.[/color]

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]It is true that we both have a long history there, but it wouldn't be right if we wrote it ourselves, since it has the potential to come off a bit biased and things of the ilk.[/color'][/size][/quote]

[I]Of course[/I] it would be biased, because you can only see things from your own perspective, and nobody can truly be objective. But it's not a bad thing at all in this case, given that it doesn't turn into self-glorification and belittling of others.

Nevertheless, I kind of felt the same when I wrote the articles about OB Survivors, but then I figured that if [I]I[/I] didn't write it, nobody probably would.

[color=darkblue][size=1]I suppose you both have a point. However, seeing as I can't really say that I made any true impact on the forum (save for being able to answer almost any question about the anime at the time), I would feel better if someone else wrote it. Des was there from the beginning; he could do it.

I hate to seem like I'm trying to sluff the work off on someone else, but writing about myself just makes me feel edgy, heh.[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial]Okay, I've decided to write an article...but it won't be just any article, it will be a great reveal of a well kept secret.

[INDENT]
OB Spinoffs:

[B]Secret OB Mod Forum - Clarity[/B]

The Secret OB Mod Forum, codenamed Clarity, was a separate message board created by Clurr in September of 2006, inspired by a satirical conversation between the Mods and higher powers. It was promised to be kept a secret from every member who was not a regular Moderator.

The board was generally more successful than Clurr expected: sixteen of the nineteen moderators signed up and participated in the bizarre antics that occurred there. Each member was given complete Administrative powers, which led to locking threads, banning each other, changing information, renaming forums, and editing each other?s posts. The crimes committed there included spamming, one-word posts, and plotting to dominate the OB.

There are four different forums at Clarity: Secret Mod Lounge, Secret OB Domination HQ, Secret Yuri/Yaoi Forum (stemmed from an inside joke between staff members), and Secret Newbie Lounge. The activities in the threads ranged from conversations with the infamous [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2]kuja[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] to reluctantly posted hentai to completely pointless, yet enjoyable, spamming.

Clarity managed to reach a total of 129 posts before it quickly declined. Though the existence of the Secret OB Mod Forum has been revealed, it will remain hidden somewhere in the Internet.[/FONT][/INDENT]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Aaryanna: The Daily Otaku actually shared a name with series of threads that Stardust had created in 2001.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]I had no idea! ^_^ Hehe! But then that?s what makes this project so much fun! I just wish I was at good at writing articles as everyone else is. Reading is far more fun than writing![/COLOR] :animesigh