Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread

Charles

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='James][font=arial']Clurr: Shouldn't we keep stuff like that out of Otakupedia? I mean, just so that we don't confuse people. lol[/font][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]It's really up to you to put the article in there or not; I just wrote it out of boredom. I was hoping someone could edit it to be least confusing as possible.[/FONT]

[quote name='James][font=arial']Clurr: Shouldn't we keep stuff like that out of Otakupedia? I mean, just so that we don't confuse people. lol[/font][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Well, we do have a section for OB spinoffs. Wouldn't that count?[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Well, we do have a section for OB spinoffs. Wouldn't that count?[/color][/quote]

[font=arial]Hm, maybe my interpretation is wrong here...but Clurr's post suggests to me that the Secret Mod Forum was actually on OtakuBoards itself. We've never actually had a forum like this (other than the Secret Yaoi Lounge, which currently exists).

If it were made a bit more clear that Clurr is referencing a spin-off, that'd be cool. :bow: [/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=arial]Hm, maybe my interpretation is wrong here...but Clurr's post suggests to me that the Secret Mod Forum was actually on OtakuBoards itself. We've never actually had a forum like this (other than the Secret Yaoi Lounge, which currently exists).

If it were made a bit more clear that Clurr is referencing a spin-off, that'd be cool.[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial]Silly! You'd be able to find it if it were a part of Otakuboards itself! :P!

I'll edit my post to be clearer.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][quote name='James][font=arial']If it were made a bit more clear that Clurr is referencing a spin-off, that'd be cool.[/font][/quote]It's definitely a spin off as it?s a completely separate forum, and I kind of feel bad because I kept meaning to go and join the fun and I just never got around to it. [/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]Well, I had some initial confusion, but I quickly remembered that lowly mods can't make their own forums.

I see your point, though. It's the whole "keep that stuff out of Otakupedia," instead of "edit to make more clear" that I'm questioning. : )[/color]

[QUOTE=Clurr][FONT=Arial]Silly! You'd be able to find it if it were a part of Otakuboards itself! :P!

I'll edit my post to be clearer.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=arial]Yup, that's why I got a little confused by the wording... :blush:

But as long as we know what category to put it under, that's fine.

The reason I said "keep that stuff out of Otakupedia" is because the whole idea of a secret mod forum has been a kind of running joke for years. A lot of members actually believe that one exists. So given that Otakupedia is supposed to be a factual account of history, I did not think it would be a good idea to perpetuate that rumor in something this "official". I hope that makes sense, haha.

But now I understand what Clurr was saying. I don't think I ever saw that forum, funnily enough.

I haven't seen any posts about Frank yet, are there no volunteers? I could write something but I think it would be limited.[/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=arial]
But now I understand what Clurr was saying. I don't think I ever saw that forum, funnily enough.[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]
That's good. And you won't ever see it! >:]

That's about the extent of my OB knowledge, though. I'd love to write more articles...if I were qualified.

[SIZE=1](And of course, being vain and self-concious, I would love to read an article about myself. Lolz.)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr][FONT=Arial]The activities in the threads ranged from conversations with the infamous [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2]kuja[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT'] to reluctantly posted hentai[/FONT][/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Good times, lol.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering on what I did for the oi2 assignment, I've decided to do Charles. It's almost done.[/FONT]

[size=1]I'm also doing another cool member who certainly deserves a spot as a notable member. ;)[/size][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Good times, lol.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering on what I did for the oi2 assignment, I've decided to do Charles. It's almost done.[/FONT]

[size=1]I'm also doing another cool member who certainly deserves a spot as a notable member. ;)[/size][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]But but, I'm doing Charlie....I just need to scan something in really quick tomorrow and then I'm done. Pleeeaaase....let me do Charlie :([/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=Charles]Please, please. Don't squabble amongst yourselves. There's plenty of me to go around.

I've done a lot here; it'll probably take both of you together to get everything.[/QUOTE]That's good to know as I was getting ready to fight for my share of you. :p So I'll be sure to add anything they miss. Provided there is anything left. ^_~[/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue']That's good to know as I was getting ready to fight for my share of you. :p So I'll be sure to add anything they miss. Provided there is anything left. ^_~[/COLOR][/quote]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4789/pelvicthrustqn8.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

Everybody wants a piece of the action. This is going to be so totally awesome!

[QUOTE=Charles][CENTER][IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4789/pelvicthrustqn8.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You know, now I'll never be able to read a post by you without thinking that you're a Rick Flair look-alike thrusting at his computer.

So now old, flabby and senile is sexy by association. :blush: [/color]

[QUOTE=Charles]Please, please. Don't squabble amongst yourselves. There's plenty of me to go around.

I've done a lot here; it'll probably take both of you together to get everything.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed] :laugh:You really crack me up.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=#4B0082]Here's a bit more info on the DailyOtaku:

[list][*]There's no space in my version's name. The original one by stardust was the Daily Otaku whereas mine is the DailyOtaku. This isn't all that important but I thought I'd mention it.
[*]You can find the original Daily Otaku threads that still exist by doing an advanced search in the Otaku Lounge, choosing to search in thread titles only, and entering "daily otaku."
[*]My DailyOtaku articles were actually based on some tabloid cover mock-ups that Charles posted on his myOtaku page. I was around to see stardust's Daily Otaku during v3 but inspiration for my articles came entirely from Charles' images. If anyone still has these (I did before my hard drive got wiped), please post them.
[*]Like a real tabloid, I mix a bit of truth in with the, shall we say, "embellishments." Some of the members' quotes in them are actually real.
[*]Random fact: I wrote my first DailyOtaku article on January 3, 2004, which was my 16th birthday.[/list][/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson].. Why don't you all pool together what you have into one definitive article?

A man with such an impressive list of [strike]crimes[/strike] accomplishments as Charles deserves that much.[/color][/QUOTE]That's a great idea, especially since I'm still in the gathering data stage. I can always add to what everyone else has already done. Then we can start fighting over DeathKnight and then over who gets to do Desbreko. I'm thinking Des is going to be fought over quite a bit. ^_~[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]This is really interesting for a new member on teh scene. I've been apart of other boards in the past but i'm hoping to find a nice community to call my "home".

I hope i'll be around to witness some future history! :animesmil[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

that's a great idea, but the part of it actually being a massive user edit program seems like a big hassle...

theotaku franchise seems like a big enough franchise, right?...why wont make an entire site for that alone?

i like the idea and all but a public account doesnt seem right...

hmm sorry i only read about 2 pages then posted my thoughts...my bad if this has already been suggessted

[QUOTE=nomad19]that's a great idea, but the part of it actually being a massive user edit program seems like a big hassle...

theotaku franchise seems like a big enough franchise, right?...why wont make an entire site for that alone?

i like the idea and all but a public account doesnt seem right...

hmm sorry i only read about 2 pages then posted my thoughts...my bad if this has already been suggessted[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's a great idea!

Anyways, I'll be updating the main thread this afternoon. And for the record, I am an old, flabby, white-haired pervert thrusting at the computer monitor.

Also, welcome Eureka. Maybe we'll be seeing an article from you/about you in here eventually!

[COLOR=DarkRed]
[CENTER][U][B]Charles[/B][/U][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Japan_86/necklace18ut.jpg?t=1164912056[/IMG][/CENTER]

Charles is a long standing member here at Otakuboards. As most of you know, he was site administrator for quite some time before handing down the position to Dagger and Desbreko. As of right now, he is CATegory Moderator of the Hardwired section.

Charlie is not only known for his work on staff but also by his unique writing style and witty sense of humor. Even when he spent most of his time banning annoying members and closing disastrous threads, he did it in a humorous way with huge library of pictures that he has stored onto his computer. His poems are some of the best and his stories never cease to amaze. One of his most prized works is his RPG titled Project Gamer which had two major installments: Project Gamer and its sequel Project Gamer 2.

When the Battle forum was still around, He along with fellow member Heaven?s Cloud started the rap battle trend. Ever since then, rap battle threads popped up all over the place and Charlie put shame to many of them with his skill. His skills know no bounds.

Like every single member here, Charles has a long and colorful history. Back in the day, he went by two other screen names: Greatfryingpanman and Crazy White Boy. He alone set up a petition and with the help with others, brought an end to the cursed and rather spammy Newbie Lounge. Though many get his sense of humor, there have been a few cases where people get offended and get really mad at him.

Charles has many interests. First and foremost, cats. Nothing puts a bigger smile on his face other than catching sight of a feline friend with all of their cuteness. He enjoys playing video games as well as watching pro wrestling.

Charles even started his own group called Cattitude. Where only a select few were worthy enough to be chosen as seen here in an old signature of Charles:

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Japan_86/cattitude.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

In the end, Charlie is an amazing person whom many have and will continue to look up to for years to come.

-Laura[/COLOR]

Okay, I think I have this pretty much up to date. I'm not going to post in my article yet (thanks Japan) because I want to see if SunfallE has anything she'd like to add.

Also, I did not put in the articles on Zeh and Final Flash yet because there are some issues I need clarified before I put them in. First of all, I don't think that Final Flash ever modded the Sony forum. Am I wrong?

Plus, I don't remember Zeh ever being a Super Moderator. Am I missing something there? Additionally, I know for a fact that Zeh was not dismissed over an AEB-related incident. Zeh had been going around on AIM impersonating James and myself, offering other members staff positions, which resulted in them being really disappointed when they realized what had happened. Zeh later admitted this in a chat and I told James, which resulted in the ban.

I noticed earlier that Nerdsy had brought up the issues of typos. If any of you see typos you'd like fixed, just highlight them here and one of us will fix them. I'll also be going back in later to clean up the presentation and add more links.

Oh yeah, and The Daily Otaku still needs to be added. Otherwise, it's aaalll gravy.