OtakuBoards

Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread

Charles

[color=#4B0082]Wow, that's quite the list. Even I don't remember some of those people holding staff positions. :animeknow

I have exact dates for myself, though:

Moderator of Nintendo (February 14, 2002 - April 28, 2002)
Moderator of Zelda (March 13, 2002 - April 28, 2002)
Super Moderator of Otaku Series (April 28, 2002 - February 18, 2004)
Moderator of Play It (February 18, 2004 - July 22, 2004)
Category Moderator of Hardwired (July 22, 2004 - July 30, 2005)
Site Administrator (July 30, 2005 - present)[/color]

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[SIZE=1]@ Nerdsy

Just something that struck me as I was reading it, in some cases you have Moderators with username changes included as one staff member Manic/Shy/Tony etc and in other cases you have them separate Chaos/Medra and Yoda/SS Trunks. Was that intentional ? If not please don't hurt me... [/SIZE]

Welcome back, Flashy! It's good to see you around, dude. Yesterday I noticed that I never included your entry because of the errors, but I went back and fixed them all. So, it should be good now.

Anyway, I just want to say that I love you all for doing the staff history. I started working on it months ago, only to put it off just because of how huge of an undertaking it was. Because I am trying to fill in a lot of holes on Otakupedia now (Transtic Nerve, Queen Asuka, etc), I have no idea when I would have been able to get to it.

Also, I should be able to varify some starting dates by checking out the Online Staff Manual. Many staff members have posted resignation threads, as well, so I should be able to hunt some of them down.

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]@ Nerdsy

Just something that struck me as I was reading it, in some cases you have Moderators with username changes included as one staff member Manic/Shy/Tony etc and in other cases you have them separate Chaos/Medra and Yoda/SS Trunks. Was that intentional ? If not please don't hurt me... [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I mentioned in the post; if I didn't know for sure that they were the same person, I didn't try to figure it out. I suspected both Chaos and Yoda of having those alternate names (and I also suspect AnimeLover to be Mitch), but I wasn't sure. However, I had already determined Manic, and pretty much the rest I knew personally. Although I did forget to add all of Zeh's alternate names; Tasis, Cloud, and Trunks.

Couple more notes: I forgot to include Admins in that list. Adam, Frank, hbomb, blanks777/Justin/jblessing (that's a different Justin, by the way), Shinji, James, Sephiroth, and from there I can't remember. Further, OB used to have some silly redundancey policy or something where all the Admins were listed as Mods on most of the forums. If they were an Admin at the time, I did not include them on the list as Mods, although I did as Supermods. The only one this might affect is Shinji, who may have been a mod before he was an Admin.

Also, the wyaback machine missed a few mods. Gendo and will2x didn't show up, and I can't be sure how many others I missed too.

EDIT: Yeah, the "Notable Bans" and "Banned Members" have the exact same articles listed under it. Of course, the only real change one can do there is to remove thimoc from "Banned Members."

Or Perhaps add Tony to "Notable Bans?"[/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Holy famofo, the Flash returns. And I thought I'd never live to see the day, lol. Welcome back, Connor. You were sorely missed.

Anyway, as far as I go on the Staff list, I started up modding Pokémon on July 11, 2002 and kept going until it got the axe when v7 started up (that specific date is beyond my memory at the moment), which is when I started modding Manga Workshop.

And while it's great that you actually went ahead and did the entire staff history, one has to wonder, just how much spare time [i]do[/i] you have, Nerdsy? lol[/color][/size]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Shinmaru: Nintendo (Jul 30 ~ Aug 08, 2003 to ???)[/color][/quote]

To make my date a tad more exact, I became Nintendo mod September 22, 2003. :)

EDIT: And, yeah, I guess Des has my retirement date correct... I don't have access to the mod forum anymore, so I can't say for sure. :p

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]And while it's great that you actually went ahead and did the entire staff history, one has to wonder, just how much spare time [i]do[/i] you have, Nerdsy? lol[/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Slow week school-wise. : p

EDIT: Oh, here we go, my resignation date: March 02, 2003. I forgot I did that through PMs.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']I mentioned in the post; if I didn't know for sure that they were the same person, I didn't try to figure it out. I suspected both Chaos and Yoda of having those alternate names (and I also suspect AnimeLover to be Mitch), but I wasn't sure. However, I had already determined Manic, and pretty much the rest I knew personally. Although I did forget to add all of Zeh's alternate names; Tasis, Cloud, and Trunks.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]My bad, I seem to have missed that in the original post.[/SIZE]

[color=deeppink]New article ftw![/color]

[b]Secret GD[/b]

Sometime during V2, Otakuboards experienced a technical failure that rendered General Discussion (as Otaku Lounge used to be called) inaccessible. Over a year?s worth of posts were seemingly lost. The staff eventually decided to simply replace the lost forum with a brand new one, and OB survived the momentary crisis.

Many users bookmarked GD directly, and the bookmarks worked for the new forum as well. However, sometime later, those who used the bookmarks noticed something strange; all the threads were different. Somehow the old GD had fixed itself, and was accessible without actually showing up on the front page. While many discovered this either by using the bookmarks or stumbling upon it while viewing ?Who?s Online,? credit went to i_am_me for the original discovery.

The Secret GD quickly became a clubhouse for older members such as thimoc, will2x, i_am_me, and the like. New members who discovered the forum were chastised, and told to get out. Predictably, the lack of moderators and the presence of older members made Secret GD an unofficial spam forum of the boards (the official, of course, being the Test forum).

This lasted a few weeks before it was discovered by the staff and quickly deleted (merged?). For many oldies at the time, this was viewed as a last hurrah in the face of more restrictive staff and comprehensive rule enforcement.

[color=deeppink]I feel I should note that I was one of the members who posted regularly in this forum. I left myself out of the list because I didn't go along with the "restrictive club" idea everyone had, and I wouldn't have been considered an oldie at the time.

Just clearing my conscience. ; )[/color]

[QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]

Couple more notes: I forgot to include Admins in that list. Adam, Frank, hbomb, blanks777/Justin/jblessing (that's a different Justin, by the way), Shinji, James, Sephiroth, and from there I can't remember. Further, OB used to have some silly redundancey policy or something where all the Admins were listed as Mods on most of the forums. If they were an Admin at the time, I did not include them on the list as Mods, although I did as Supermods. The only one this might affect is Shinji, who may have been a mod before he was an Admin.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=arial]Nerdsy, do you remember much about Frank and Hbomb? I would love to see articles about both.

I had little to do with either, although I probably had more to do with Hbomb than Frank at the time.

Frank's history is interesting because his Game Boy site was taken over by theOtaku.com (or at least, I think he had his GB site at theOtaku and a separate site of his own - I don't remember).

Frank is also one of our biggest mysteries, because he disappeared from the Internet, leaving everything behind - Adam and I discussed this on numerous occasions. As far as I know he didn't respond to email or anything...he just disappeared.

Hbomb is another story I think, but I'm not sure what happened with him in any case.

Can anyone else shed light on these two mysterious early-Otaku characters?[/font]

[quote name='James][font=arial']Nerdsy, do you remember much about Frank and Hbomb? I would love to see articles about both.[/font][/quote]

[color=deeppink]I'm not familiar with either of them; the Admins had already become scarce by the time I joined. Not to mention the only reason I even know of Frank is because you mentioned him, heh.

Oh, here we go. Hbomb history straight from Hbomb himself![/color]

"I started coming to AGB when I found out about a contest to the best poster in the forums. I became a regular on the boards, and eventually I won the contest. I wrote a couple reviews and later became a mod. The Gameboy site had been the centerpiece of the AGB network, but there were other affiliates, ranging in subject from Pokemon to Digimon to Zelda to Dragonball Z and for a brief period, wrestling. Then came the big upgrade to The Otaku. New boards. New subsites, including Gundam, Dreamcast, XBox, and Gamecube. I eventually became an admin on the boards. Eventually, the focus of the Otaku became Anime. When I had first gotten involved, I had gotten involved with a Gameboy site. All of a sudden, I was working for an anime site. I consider myself an avid gamer, but only a casual anime fan. The changes (and the forums getting out of hand) led to my departure from The Otaku. I now work on Snowflake Studios ([url]http://dmg.keenspace.com[/url] ), a subsite of DMG Ice ([url]http://www.dmgice.com[/url] )."

[color=deeppink]... we had a wrestling site?[/color]

[FONT=Arial][strike]I became a mod April 12, 2006, if that helps.

I feel kind of bad that I missed my one year anniversary. It doesn't really feel like it's been that long. :/[/strike]

Definitely didn't see those dates there. :P

EDIT - WAIT A MINUTE.

April 12 is today!

I feel dumb. :/

Anyway, throw me a party.[/font]

[size=1]I'm going to try and write up an article for all of my Otaku Events. The first one is The Legionnaires. It's enormous as it is, but I know I left a lot of details out. Anyone who would like to add/edit this... please, feel free!

[b][u]The Legionnaires[/u][/b]

?The Legionnaires? was an RPG-style event created by Shy for the Community Events forum on August 7th, 2005. This was one of the largest and most ambitious RPGs in the boards? history, featuring 36 players and 8 story threads.

The basic premise of ?The Legionnaires? is that The Legionnaires are the world?s greatest heroes. An odd assembling of mercenaries, the organization is sent throughout the world on strange and exciting missions by their mysterious leader, The Arbiter.

These players were split up into multiple ?teams,? each assigned to a specific story thread to complete a ?mission.? The basic concept of the mission was private messaged to that team?s leader in a ?mission briefing,? and contained information such as the location and what needed to be accomplished. The team leader would then have the option of adding to the mission briefing if necessary before forwarding that message to the rest of their teammates. Originally mission briefings also contained an assigned posting order, but this was terribly unpopular among the players and removed entirely as the event progressed.

While each individual ?mission? could be read as a self-contained story, the entire RPG contained multiple plotline weaving in and out of the various threads. While individual team members changed from mission to mission, team leaders remained in their respective threads throughout the course of the event. The only way for a team leader to leave the thread would be if their character were killed off, or if the player resigned from the event. Ordinary players could have their characters killed off in the ?Body Bags? thread, which was to take place after the completion of each team?s individual missions.

Various problems in the organization of the event started to show themselves almost immediately. While the sign-up form to join the event required that the player designate what Arena Thread Rating their writing may fall into (Mature, Parental Guidance, or Everyone) few who included this information did so accurately. As a result the initial teams? organization created many creative and interpersonal conflicts, most notably in the Red Team?s first mission. Meanwhile, the rate at which members posted was very irregular. Some teams posted very frequently, while others hardly posted at all. (It should be noted that the posting rates in threads were on-par with the success/failure rate of most Arena RPGs at the time.)

Not all players were invited to participate in the first round of missions, creating even more voices of dissent for something that had only just begun. Afraid of losing players, the Green Team was created as an afterthought.

As a result the original ?Body Bags? player elimination did not include every team, only the three which had originally completed their respective missions by that time. More often than not players were eliminated for their infrequent, or complete lack of posting. This was a far cry from the suspenseful and seemingly random way player elimination had been originally envisioned for the event.

The first (and only) round of ?Body Bags? was completed on December 15th, 2005. Immediately following that sign-ups opened for a humorous anecdote to ?The Legionnaires?? depressing tone, ?Hero Patrol.? While the story for ?Hero Patrol? took place in the same universe as ?The Legionnaire? there was no plan to connect the two stories in any significant way. Before posting in "Hero Patrol" even began interest in the event as a whole to faded. Several team missions went weeks without posts, while the "Silver Team Mission Thread" died entirely.

While the various stories seemed unconnected ?The Arbiter? thread in OB Anthology served as a way to reinforce the main storyline, which would eventually have led to the downfall of The Legionnaires group within the story. Limited only by their imagination various players contributed short stories, poems and other writings focusing on their individual characters. Shy, the event?s creator, posted exclusively in this thread as well as in ?Body Bags.?

Lack of momentum eventually doomed the event, although many still hold out hope for an ultimate conclusion for the stories and characters contained. The last official story post was in the ?Green Team Mission Thread? by group leader DeathKnight on July 16th, 2006. That thread, and various others related to ?The Legionnaires? remain unfinished to this day.

Related Links:

[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50790]Body Bags[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49122]Blue Team Mission Thread[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49119]Red Team Mission Thread[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49124]Silver Team Mission Thread[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49120]Gold Team Mission Thread[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49183]Green Team Mission Thread[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51182]Join Hero Patrol[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51561]Hero Patrol[/url]
[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=48876]Join The Legionnaires[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49208l]The Legionnaires: Arbiter[/url]
[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=48994]The Legionnaires Art Thread[/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49109]The Legionnaires Underground[/url]

-Shy[/size]

[font=Verdana][size=2]I?m not sure if this will help out or anything, but here?s what I remember about Transtic Nerve and Frank.

[/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2]Transtic Nerve: I remember that TN was a big fan of that one Japanese band called Gackt (sp?), and he was probably the most notable member to open up to the community with that unforgettable quote in his signature: ?Let?s get one thing straight, I?m not?

[/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2]Frank: I believe he did have a gameboy site with theotaku that covered videogame news, and had informative review of videogames. However, I remember visiting a separate site of his own that was dedicated to just Gameboy games called ?gbadventure?. It also seemed like Frank was a fan of the TV show ?Save by the bells? since I remember seeing a picture of the cast somewhere on his site. I don?t know if that was worth mentioning or anything, but what the heck.

[/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=2]Yeah I know, it?s not much, but I figure you guys could use some of these descriptions in their entries if you guys decide to make entries for them.[/size][/font]

[font=arial]Ahh some great stuff here, thanks Nerdsy/Treble. I don't remember us ever covering wrestling, but I do remember the transition from AGB to theOtaku.com.

It's really great to see some info about Hbomb - I'd like an entry on him, even if it's brief! He was a very active member when the network began.

It would also be cool to have entries on our old theOtaku.com channels. The Xbox channel was brilliant - at its peak it was actually one of the bigger Xbox fansites on the web. We actually had quite a lot of developer interviews and stuff.

Also, the GameBoy channel was absolutely massive...it was probably one of the bigger GB sites out there as well. We used to have a very good relationship with developers there too - we received quite a lot of review copies of software back then.

The GameCube channel was quite innovative but it arrived somewhat late - by the time it hit its stride, theOtaku.com killed off all gaming channels and focused on anime (which, as Hbomb indicated, was a sad day for many).

The Dreamcast channel was also great although it wasn't quite as big as the others - nonetheless it had plenty of content and was reasonably popular.

It'd definitely be cool to see some articles based on early theOtaku stuff.[/font]

[SIZE=1]Nice article on Legionnaires Josh, as a group RPG it was audacious and really does deserve to be remembered for all the work you put into it. It'd be great to give it another whirl, maybe on a smaller scale.[/SIZE]

[color=deeppink]Minor correction on Voodookanaka; he registered in 2001, not 2000, originally as [URL=http://web.archive.org/web/20010417024814/www.theotaku.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Manga+Guy]Manga Guy[/URL].[/color]

[font=arial]Okay, I'm going to attempt my first submission - anyone please feel free to update/correct any of this as needed. It's hard to write in the third person about yourself but I will try, as there are parts of this post that will require it.[/font]

[b]Maverick Hunters Series[/b]

[i]Maverick Hunters: Replimasters[/i]

OtakuBoards' Maverick Hunters series of RPGs is possibly one of the most prolific series in the site's history - at the very least, it has spawned several incarnations over a period of years.

The very first RPG in the series, [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=9810"]Maverick Hunters: Replimasters[/url], was created on 04/01/2002 by Flash (known as Final Flash at the time). It began somewhat awkwardly - several members joined after the RPG commenced and several members were also kicked out within the first few pages.

However, the RPG ended up finding its feet and started to become cohesive by the second page. Maverick Hunters: Replimasters was based on the notable Mega Man universe but this link was tenuous at best - it provided a foundation for what became a very unique and original tale spread across hundreds of years and dozens of characters.

Maverick Hunters: Replimasters introduced several key characters who would become legendary within the RPG's history (including Flash, Warlock and Proteus). One of the RPG's other unique traits was that it introduced several futuristic technologies that were described with significant detail (the original RPG established several forms of technology that were used throughout the series).

At the end, Maverick Hunters: Replimasters reached only ten pages and died somewhat quickly - it became disjointed and the story never progressed beyond introducing key characters.

[i]Maverick Hunters: Replimasters[/i]
[i]Creators:[/i] Flash and Warlock.
[i]Notable Characters:[/i] Flash, Warlock, Proteus, Drake, Nova, Omega, Signas, Max and Dr. Light.
[i]Notable Members:[/i] Flash, Warlock, Chaos, Yoda, James, Dragonballzman, Break and 9mm Avenger.

[i]Maverick Hunters: Personification[/i]

The second RPG in the series, [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=16550"]Maverick Hunters: Personification[/url], was arguably the series' high point.

The RPG was created by Flash on 10/23/2002 and featured several notable improvements:

[list]
[*]The story was far more complex and well-paced than the original RPG.
[*]Characters were more fleshed-out than ever before, with complex histories and intertwining relationships becoming apparent.
[*]Many new technologies were introduced with detailed descriptions of how they worked and interacted.
[/list]

Maverick Hunters: Personification was very much a labor of love for the creators - despite several members becoming inactive during its lifespan, the original participants ploughed on and continued to add to the story - Personification arguably became [i]better[/i] as the amount of active members decreased. At the end it was only Flash, Warlock, Chaos and James who continued to post. And up until recently, only Chaos and James were active (with James producing a post for the RPG a matter of weeks ago).

This RPG is notable also for its sheer lifespan - it was created toward the end of 2002 and continues to live today in 2007. It is perhaps one of the longest-lasting RPGs in OtakuBoards history.

In addition, Maverick Hunters: Personification was one of the first RPGs on OtakuBoards to move from script-style posts to more traditional novel or narrative-style posts.

[i]Maverick Hunters: Personification[/i]
[i]Creators:[/i] Flash, Warlock, Chaos and James.
[i]Notable Characters:[/i] Reverb, Demos, Havoc, Warlock, Proteus, Signas, Dr. Karman, Zero, Massacre, Gunner, Duke, Iota, Echo, "Protogen Unit", Dr. Inoue and Prime.
[i]Notable Members:[/i] Flash, Warlock, Chaos, James, Talon, Outlaw, Nagare Boshi, 9mm Avenger, The Harlequin, Yoda, Domon and Juuthena.

[i]Maverick Hunters: The Third Succession[/i]

Maverick Hunters: The Third Succession, created on 09/06/2003 by James, was intended as a distant sequel to Personification. It was radically different, however - this RPG moved further away from the series' Mega Man roots than ever before. Reploids had a completely different style and the story was set in "New Hokkaido" as opposed to Novus Concordia. In addition, the plot took place several hundred years after Personification's plot ended.

Despite featuring a radically different story, The Third Succession had several key links to previous RPGs. For one thing, it was set in the same overall universe - the main character was, in fact, a direct descendent of Proteus (a figure who ended up evolving and having a child with his human wife). This simple fact was the course of a major change in the Maverick Hunter concept; reploids were still artificial but were far closer to organic beings than their predecessors (with the ability to reproduce in particular).

Several members from prior RPGs joined The Third Succession and by all accounts, the RPG featured an "all-star" cast (including both veterans of the series as well as members who were entirely new to the series). Unfortunately the RPG died largely due to its own weight - it was an incredibly wordy RPG with several complicated plot threads occurring simultaneously. This, ultimately, made the RPG difficult to push forward for those involved.

[i]Maverick Hunters: The Third Succession[/i]
[i]Creator:[/i] James
[i]Notable Characters:[/i] Cyan, Dr. Inoue, Themos, Arano, Ryan, Kattarin, Fiona, Sariyah, Deep, Loki, Angelus, Raynos and Yin/Yang.
[i]Notable Members:[/i] James, Warlock, Chaos, FartMaster745, Domon, The Harlequin, terra, Dragon Warrior, Baron Samedi and Revelation.

[i]Maverick Hunters Oddities[/i]

Although the series included three "main" stories, there were several off-shoots (all of which were essentially failed efforts).

[i]Maverick Hunters 3: B-Spec:[/i] This was James' failed attempt to resurrect the third Maverick Hunters RPG. B-Spec was not really a re-posting of The Third Succession though - it was, rather, a completely new take on a third story.

Dr. Inoue (who was present in three of the MH RPGs) was a prominent figure in the RPG but there were really no familiar faces.

B-Spec, like The Third Succession, featured a stellar cast including both MH veterans as well as newcomers: Talon, Baron Samedi, Wondershot, DeadSeraphim, Jeremiah, Sakura and Gavin were all participants.

Much like the RPG it was intended to "replace", B-Spec was incredibly wordy - so wordy and so detailed, in fact, that it largely made itself redundant; it did not move beyond a single page of posts.

Nevertheless, what [i]is[/i] there is an example of classic, good-quality OB role-playing. Despite being a series failure, B-Spec is still a notable Maverick Hunters RPG.

[i]Flash vs Warlock:[/i] This was another oddity, largely because it showed how obsessive both Flash and Warlock were about the Maverick Hunters universe.

This RPG was a spar - but [i]what[/i] a spar! The opening posts especially were ridiculously complex with detailed histories and descriptions of technology.

The spar was also slightly unusual in that it included posts from spectators (notable figures like Chaos and Sephiroth were involved).

The spar ran for four pages but was never completed.

[font=arial]Phew, if anyone has anything else to add to this entry please feel free to do so!

Charles, please don't include any of the stuff I've posted in arial font...this is just stuff for the thread. :catgirl: [/font]

[quote name='James']It began somewhat awkwardly - several members joined after the RPG commenced and several members were also kicked out within the first few pages.[/quote][size=1]I remember that they wouldn't even let me in the RP, but I had no clue about it so I didn't get why my posts disappeared the whole time. :whoops:[/size]

[quote name='Boo][size=1']I remember that they wouldn't even let me in the RP, but I had no clue about it so I didn't get why my posts disappeared the whole time. :whoops:[/size][/quote]

[font=arial]I don't know, it might have been a quality issue (not that quality was particulary important those days, as anyone can see). But it's all relative, some people posted [i]really[/i] badly at the time lol.

Other than that I don't know. Still, it's odd to think about how long the series has been around - I really felt it deserved an Otakupedia entry (although even the minor things do too I suppose).

I wanted to start a new MH at some point but I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. Ah well, Personification is still going...barely. lol[/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Teh Silly Circus

It all started on Thursday January 22, 2004 on 21:32:41 Pacific time. At this exact time and date, the most memorable chat was created. That chat is famously known as Teh Silly Circus. It lasted until January 31, 2004 at 20:54:24 Pacific time. Japan_86 was a bored Otakuboards member and at the time saw many of her friends online on AIM (AOL Instant Messenger). Since OB chats were very popular at that point and time, Japan_86 decided to make a chatroom. As silly as she is, she named it Teh Silly Circus.

The greatness about this particular chat is that it lasted so long and never died. Several people kept it alive and interesting. After Japan_86 randomly popped into the chat the next evening and found that it was still alive, she had a crazy idea to try to keep the chat going for a week or more and be the longest OB chat in existance. Desbreko and Shy greatly contributed to it lasting so long. Many thanks to about eighty people, and about forty-eight members of Otakuboards for participating in one of the biggest events in Otakuboards history and legend.

[B][U]OB Members[/U][/B]
Desbreko
Japan_86
Annie
Arcadia
Half_shaded
Shinmaru
Syk3
shy
semjaza azazeal
mimmi
Ajeh
james
battosai
Chris
Amity
solo tremaine
Shippo
spikey
DeadSeraphim
Haze
ww2
Azurewolf
mei
aleia
deathknight
Drix'D'Zanith
Ben
otakusennen
charles
dagger
Ryuujin
Tog
InstantRamen14
SpikeSpiegel
Molleta
Kevin
Luminaire
Nerdsy
Biida
Terra
SasukeUchiha
The Vampire:ed
sweetreyes
Dan Rugh
Chaos
Baron Samedi
Mistress Roxie
Warlock
charlievoy
Burori
Red
Boba Fett
Corey
Future Girl
Kazuko
Syn
Sara
PoisonTongue

[U][B]Honorable mentions and unknown contributors[/B][/U]

demolishedoracle

dramatic zach
luzesybelitas
kmp83
qpal1212
bethybeth07
Kwai
chain jingle
donut3atingvash
takaamtzuiX
xtreme7652
pyronwaterfreak
K4S4M4RU
shybob00
eternalmagics
xtha shiznitzx
katakil
rendezvous blu z
dramatic zach
ragnarok675
x 0 sasukeo 0 x

The chat log can be found on Desbreko's site at: [url]http://www.chromosomecowboy.com/rupees/otakufiles/chatlogs/2004/01-22-04-tehsillycircus.txt[/url]
-------------------------------------------------

All the unknown people are aim usernames. I either forgot who they were because of it being so long or I could not find them when I did an OB member search. So if you recognize any please let me know.[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink][URL=http://web.archive.org/web/20010418130453/www.theotaku.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Frank]Here's[/URL] Frank's old profile. That's all I could find about him.

I've gone through and tried to correct Zeh's entry as best I could. [/color]

Zeh
Category: Old members, banned members, former moderators.

Early Days:

Zeh (known also as Trrunks, Cloud, Tasis, and Zayne) joined TheOtaku community on August 22, 2000 when it was still known as AbsoluteGamboy, and quickly became a respected member of the OtakuBoards community. Zeh was an avid gamer and was a valuable asset to AGC back in the day, helping write some articles for the site as well as dispensing his vast knowledge through OtakuBoard's.com. Zeh was, at the time, the youngest person to be promoted to the status of a moderator of Dragonball, earning his spot on the team at 12. (this was before the age 13 cutoff was applied or enforced.)

Zeh was the one of the only mods active near the end of V1,and thus was able to keep his staff position when the older mods were being replaced. However, Zeh would eventually switch from Dragonball mod to Final Fantasy mod, and he decided to change his name from "Trunks" to "Cloud." Zeh continued to moderate for many years, and was among the longest serving mods in Otaku's history. However, Zeh's young age eventually got the better of him, and he began to impersonate James and Adam over AIM, offering unsuspecting members a moderator position. As soon as this was discovered, Zeh was immediately removed from his position and banned.

[color=deeppink]Thought I'd begin an article on Shift. After all, he is [i]my[/i] fault. I'm not really familiar on what happened with him. James, I imagine you'd know the most. Care to fill in what I left out and fix my mistakes?[/color]

Shift (originally Herman Nation) joined sometime in V3. He was introduced to the forum by Otaku mainstay and real life friend Nerdsy, who immediately regretted that decision. At first, Shift languished in obscurity; he did not stand out in any way, and was ignored by most of the members.

However, this all changed with the introduction of the Art and Design forum. Shift quickly became known among OBers as a person with great technical skill; so much so, that he was eventually given the job as Technical Director. However, as the weeks went on, Shift's personality shown through. He became cocky and disrespectful, and he insulted those who's artwork he did not like. As criticisms of unoriginality and repetition were raised against his artwork, he became even more belligerent. He also proved incredibly unreliable, and was removed from his position as Technical Director. Shift did not take this very well, and became even more of a jerk until he was eventually banned.

Shift came back under multiple usernames, most of which were also banned, but eventually got bored and left the forums completely. Many rejoiced.

[color=deeppink]I've also got some more info on some mods. I'll compile and post it when I have the time.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink][URL=http://web.archive.org/web/20010418130453/www.theotaku.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Frank]Here's[/URL'] Frank's old profile. That's all I could find about him.[/color][/quote]
[size=1]I have nothing to contribute here, but I would like to point out that his profile says his interests are 'hunting and gathering' and 'pyrotechnics.' This amuses me to no end for some reason.

As I recall there were a lot of threads in the Yaoi Forum about Zeh and his banning. I'm sure those would probably be more accurate than any of our memories are on the subject.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]As I recall there were a lot of threads in the Yaoi Forum about Zeh and his banning. I'm sure those would probably be more accurate than any of our memories are on the subject.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct. I stumbled upon them the other day. It was actually James and myself that he impersonated. He actually admitted it outright to me in a chat and the staff collectively decided that banning him was the best option. I always thought that was an unfortunate loss. Some guy that went by the handle of Anakin Solo was also involved.