OtakuBoards

Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread

Charles

Great list Nerdsy.

I'll post an announcement either really late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I meant to get it up earlier, but it's finals week so I have been incredibly strapped for time. We should have an Otakupedia Friday/Saturday though. lol

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=DarkRed]The list is great, but you might want to change the Aaryanna to [B]Aaryanna_Mom [/B]since we already have an article on Aaryanna. ;) And speaking of articles, I know perfectly well Rachmaninoff isn't likely to cough one up so I'll work on one and put it up later. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][QUOTE=Nerdsy]ForgotteÑ-HerÖ
[/QUOTE]

Done.

[B]ForgotteÑ-HerÖ[/B]

ForgotteÑ-HerÖ first signed up to OB as GUNmanZERO7. From right off the bat he was very dead-set on showing off his creative ability. His first story that he showed off, Lake of Blood, was one he took a lot of pride in despite all-around terrible critical opinion. He started off as what would be considered a ?n00b? on the OB, but unlike most n00bs he persisted in posting and became more of a respected member. He participated in an RPG or two and tried to start his own, but they didn?t take off. Because of forgetting his password for his profile, he had to create a new account rather early in his OB life.

Ålpha-Æpsilon was his new title and the beginning of a tradition of using strange letters and accent marks on words that do not ordinarily have them. His focus was still on creative works, namely ones he considered novels-in-progress as well as manga ideas. Other than that, he mostly participated in RPGs and only occasionally ventured into the Otaku Lounge and other random parts of OB to leave little opinions.

Around the time of the release of Kingdom Hearts 2 he changed his name to Split Keyblader and became good friends with fellow Kingdom Hearts fans Keyblade Wielder and Tekkaman. As he continued to post stories he quickly drew the attention of a member named Tical_Blue who always delivered particularly harsh criticism on his work. During this time, both members wrote superfluous amounts of material in OB Anthology, always giving their opinions of each others work.

Tical_Blue eventually disappeared (reappearing as 21st Century Digital Boy without Split?s knowledge) and Split Keyboarder continued on with his writing and RPing. Somewhere along the line his name changed to ForgotteÑ-HerÖ and he and DB reinstated their tradition of writing and reviewing each-others work while simultaneously constantly picking on each other. Currently, this is still basically all F-H does. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Okay, it could probably use more but here's an entry for my mom. :catgirl:

Aaryanna_Mom first took an interest in OtakuBoards when her daughter became a moderator on 03-07-06. Initially she only read the posts and kept an eye on the boards out of a parental concern for her daughter?s online activities. Just over three months later Aaryanna persuaded her to join on 06-15-2006 as she was sure she would like it. And so she did, participating in many of the discussions.

She also showed an interest in the welfare of the boards when she started the thread: Community Events Suggestion in the suggestion and feed back part of the boards clearly showing a genuine interest in the community as a whole.

She quickly became well liked since as Desbreko put it in the Nifty Fifty event: [I]As cool as it is just to have a member's mother join OtakuBoards and become an active poster, Aaryanna_Mom also adds new insight or a new point of view to many threads she posts in. It's apparent that she can see more than one side of an issue, and though she speaks her mind and stands behind her beliefs, she always argues in a non-abrasive way. Even if you don't agree with her, it's hard not to like her.[/I]

Aaryanna_Mom is mostly seen around the boards in the Arena area participating in the various RPG?s as well as participating in some of the more general discussions in the Otaku Lounge. [/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]I don't think I like having it on record that I'm average. :animesigh

Charles, we have quite a few proposed articles collecting dust in this thread. My article on Ben, SunFallE's article on the Christmas Banner Contest, Clurr's article on the Secret OB Mod Forum, etc.

It would be great if you could post how we need to improve these articles in order to get them in.

And yeah, I noticed you did that with the CHristmas Banner Contest, I was just using it as an example.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]well, I wrote this about Rachmaninoff, which by the way Nerdy you spleed hideously. If someone who knows him better wants to improve it, be my guest.

[B]Rachmaninoff[/B]

Rachmaninoff (or Rach as he is sometimes called, or Darren, his real name) joined Otakuboards on 12-16-2006 and semi-instantly became a major name on the boards. Unlike many new members, his post quality has always been superb to the point that he seemed like he?d been on OB for years already, and he has proven himself quite intelligent. Rach has posted all over the boards and contributed much to the community in his short time being on Otakuboards.

Rach has been known to give his opinion quite profoundly in the Otaku Lounge and also exhibits an interest in anime and gaming, as well as posting in the Manga Workshop giving people advice on their works. Rach began participation in a few major RPs, namely Silver One and the legendary Otakuboards Survivor 4: The Mercenaries.

Rachmaninoff, as his name suggests, is a major connoisseur of classical music and plays the cello, for which he has a lot of passion. His signature often features statements regarding music or classical artists.

Rach officially married SunfallE as of 03-08-2007 and is a certified Desbreko fan boy as well as friends with both Aaryanna and Aaryanna_Mom. Outside and inside OB he is good friends with indifference who he has known a long time. His most recent event, The Maze, is an RP based on the famous Labyrinth RP by Sandy which has gone very well. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']well, I wrote this about Rachmaninoff, which by the way Nerdy you spleed hideously. [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=deeppink]All but Sara and Aaryanna_Mom were copied and pasted. Blame Forgotten_Hero for that mutilation.

By the way, you spelled "spelled" hideously. ; )[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Charles, we have quite a few proposed articles collecting dust in this thread. My article on Ben, SunFallE's article on the Christmas Banner Contest, Clurr's article on the Secret OB Mod Forum, etc. [/color][/quote]

Man, I didn't even notice them, so it's more an issue of my negligence than an issue of them needing improvement.

I'll look them over and if they do not need any further adjustment, they will go in for the next update.

[QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]All but Sara and Aaryanna_Mom were copied and pasted. Blame Forgotten_Hero for that mutilation.

By the way, you spelled "spelled" hideously. ; )[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]ZOMG did I ever XD. I can't even believe a typo that bad is possible! O_o

Also, i'm kinda mad that the article about the hierchy of arguing makes no mention of how stupid it is or the small controversy around it >_>[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]ZOMG did I ever XD. I can't even believe a typo that bad is possible! O_o

Also, i'm kinda mad that the article about the hierchy of arguing makes no mention of how stupid it is or the small controversy around it >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]It's a gag article, who cares?[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]It's a gag article, who cares?[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, I guess the fact that most peole who would take interest in Otakupedia would be people who are longtime OB members makes it better; I was thinking of it from the perspective of a new person who's learning about OB via the Otakupedia entries and sees it. I fear for my reputation >_< not that anything in particular is about ready to save it anyway. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']Well, I guess the fact that most peole who would take interest in Otakupedia would be people who are longtime OB members makes it better; I was thinking of it from the perspective of a new person who's learning about OB via the Otakupedia entries and sees it. I fear for my reputation >_< not that anything in particular is about ready to save it anyway. [/COLOR][/quote]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Lighten up. OB isn't all doom and gloom seriousness, it's pretty obvious to [i]anyone[/i] that article is in fun.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Lighten up. OB isn't all doom and gloom seriousness, it's pretty obvious to [i]anyone[/i] that article is in fun.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]>_< It really can feel like it's all gloom and doom and seriousness from time to time. Then again that's partly dictated by my mood and what threads I'm posting in -- it's funny how a perspective of different members can be so different. Like, a person who never comes to the OB Lounge mght consider OB a peaceful relaxing place, while someone who's often in debates might find it more turmulous and serious. Personally, I think I come here to often venting.

But I digress. . In the meanwhile, I'll be working on another person's article....[/COLOR]

Oh dear, I just realized that Aaryanna did one on me. :animeblus Good heavens! Still it was fun to read, also I was curious about this part in your announcement Charles:

[INDENT]P.S. Do the dog next, please (with pics)![/INDENT]
Were you serious about that or just kidding? Or were you looking for more to add on to Aaryanna's entry?

Anyway, excellent work. I know I've been enjoying the articles as they are added and [B]Deathknight?s Hierarchy of Arguers[/B] was definitely quite funny. I got a good laugh out of that one. :catgirl:

[QUOTE=Aaryanna_Mom][INDENT]P.S. Do the dog next, please (with pics)![/INDENT]
Were you serious about that or just kidding? Or were you looking for more to add on to Aaryanna's entry? [/QUOTE]

I think it'd be pretty funny if the dog had its own entry. After all, much has been said about its snazzy outfits.

Also, Digitalboy, I think the article makes it clear that it is [i]Deathknight's[/i] hierarchy. The article was not intended to be a factual assessment of the quality of any of the members mentioned.

Plus, I just liked Ken's post. I thought it was creative.

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']It still stings. D :[/color][/quote]

Well, if it's any consolation, if I made a hierarchy you would be among the elite.

Maybe I will consider either pulling the article or adding some further disclaimer to it. If it's really bothering a number of you, I would rather just avoid having it become a problem, honestly.

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Charles]Well, if it's any consolation, if I made a hierarchy you would be among the elite.

Maybe I will consider either pulling the article or adding some further disclaimer to it. If it's really bothering a number of you, I would rather just avoid having it become a problem, honestly.[/QUOTE]This would probably work as a disclaimer if added at the beginning of the article:[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']The DeathKnight Hierarchy of Arguing© should not be used to gauge intelligence. That would be rude.[/color][/quote]Seems like that would work beautifully. ;)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Charles']Well, if it's any consolation, if I made a hierarchy you would be among the elite.[/quote]

:love2:

[quote]Maybe I will consider either pulling the article or adding some further disclaimer to it. If it's really bothering a number of you, I would rather just avoid having it become a problem, honestly.[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I vote we keep it. DigitalBoy seems to be the only one to have a serious objection to it's inclusion, and besides that it's a good piece.

If you want to change it, I suggest keeping it as is, but incorporating it into an article on Otaku Lounge instead of it having it's own page. Of course, this means having someone write an Otaku Lounge article, but it would help put it in perspective and wouldn't be as lame as adding a dislaimer.[/color]

[QUOTE=Nerdsy]:love2:

[color=deeppink]I vote we keep it. DigitalBoy seems to be the only one to have a serious objection to it's inclusion, and besides that it's a good piece.

If you want to change it, I suggest keeping it as is, but incorporating it into an article on Otaku Lounge instead of it having it's own page. Of course, this means having someone write an Otaku Lounge article, but it would help put it in perspective and wouldn't be as lame as adding a dislaimer.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1] :nervous: no, please, it's not that big a deal. I don't want to inconveniece someone that much just cuz I'm a whiny bastard, lol.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I decided to try my hand at writing an article. I'm kind of surprised this subject hasn't already been written about![/font]

[B]Prick Wizard[/B]

Prick Wizard was a troll who ironically posted as if he lived in a fantasy novel. On the first day he signed up he masterminded two very unbelievable threads, one being a conversation between himself and Pixie_rich regarding the various magical ways they could meet to play Monopoly. The other suggested that the OtakuBoards URL change from using .com to ?.wand or .elf,? and won a spot in the Nifty Fifty of 2007 for sheer absurdity.

Prick Wizard?s mystical posts almost always resulted in thread closure, however, they never ceased to supply amusement to many members. In the thread ?I wanna mohawk,? he claimed that ?Mohwaks [I](sic)[/I] are outlawed in America/Europe/Canada and you have little chance of getting one (and that's INCLUDING ebay).? This incident was displayed in John?s signature for a while.

Only three months after Prick Wizard?s arrival, Charles pointed out that he and Pixie_rich were the same person, and both accounts were eventually banned. The damage had been done, however, and Prick Wizard remains one of OB?s most infamous members.

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']well, I wrote this about Rachmaninoff, which by the way Nerdy you spleed hideously. If someone who knows him better wants to improve it, be my guest. [/COLOR][/quote]This is the same one DB already wrote, only I went through it and added a few things. Also if you want the silly poem I referred to Charles just let me know. lol

[B]Rachmaninoff[/B]

Rachmaninoff (or Rach as he is sometimes called, or Darren, his real name) joined OtakuBoards on 12-16-2006 and semi-instantly became a major name on the boards. Unlike many new members, his post quality has always been superb to the point that he seemed like he?d been on OB for years already, and he has proven himself quite intelligent. Rach has posted all over the boards and contributed much to the community in his short time being on OtakuBoards. Earning him a spot among the Nifty Fifty awards event held in January 2007.

Rach has been known to give his opinion quite profoundly in the Otaku Lounge and also exhibits an interest in anime and gaming, as well as posting in the Manga Workshop giving people advice on their works. Rach began participation in a few major RPG?s, namely Silver One and the legendary OtakuBoards Survivor 4: Starting on the LOL?s team and then later after being voted out of the game he was invited back to be a part of The Mercenaries team.

Rachmaninoff, as his name suggests, is a major connoisseur of classical music and plays the cello, for which he has a lot of passion since he is currently working on getting his masters degree in music. His signature often features statements regarding music or classical artists.

Rach officially married SunfallE online as of 03-08-2007, after sending her a silly poem asking her to be his online wife. Rachmaninoff is also a certified Desbreko fan boy as well as friends with both Aaryanna and Aaryanna_Mom. Outside and inside OB he is good friends with indifference who he has known a long time. He was also introduced to anime by indifference as well as myOtaku, which he joined on 05/02/06. His most recent event, The Maze, is an RPG based on the famous Labyrinth RPG by Sandy, which has gone very well.[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]Charles, can you put a direct link to that list of requested articles on the front page of Otakupedia? One of the reasons behind that list is so that we don't have to scour this 20+ page thread trying to find all the requests, and a link on the front page would help things further.[/color]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]This is the same one DB already wrote, only I went through it and added a few things. [B]Also if you want the silly poem I referred to Charles just let me know.[/B'] lol[/COLOR][/quote]You are cruel Crystia. Just for that I'm going to have to work on an article about you! After all, turnabout is fair play right? :p

I'll come back and add that once I put it together. Or simply post it if someone else has added something.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]And I have! Looking through the suggestions, there was only one that I could remember being a part of (albeit a small one). After some research, I comprised this article of the Today's Poem thread.

[B]Today's Poem[/B]

Today?s Poem was a massive thread in the OB Anthology started by Heaven?s cloud. The concept was simple.

[quote name='Heaven?s Cloud'] Well I am going to post a daily poem in this thread, either one that I write off of the top of my head or one that I find relevant to my current mood. Please use this thread to post in a similar style, and if you comment on a poem, please also post a poem, even if you don't feel that it is good.[/quote]

The thread took off, and everyone posted their poems of varying length (some a single stanza, some massive page-eaters.) and generally enjoyed themselves. Neuvoxraiha, Heaven?s Cloud, and RicoTranzig dominated most of the early life of the thread. Somewhere around the 8th page, Spikey joined in a lot as well. By the time the thread was around page 15, many more contributors began pouring in, from newbies to OB legendaries. Poetic mastermind Mitch also became a major contributor around this point. It wasn?t long before everyone and their mother was posting in this thread, though the previously mentioned members continued to dominate for the most part. Near the end, Dagger also became one of the major posters.

The key element of this thread was openness to anything. Participants could post their own poems, or poems from other authors that they enjoyed, or song lyrics, or whatever they wanted. The skill of the writer was not a concern, and everyone simply had fun reading each-others poems. The thread died on April 14th 2004 with a whopping 65 pages. There was brief attempt at revival, but the thread was uncured.

Newer versions of this concept have been used, such as Deathknight?s recently created Community Anthology Thread, though nothing ever came close to reaching the popularity of Heaven?s Cloud?s thread until 55 Fiction some time later.

---

I'm not sure if that last bit is right, but that's how i remember it.[/COLOR]