Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread

Charles

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thread's died down and all, but I decided to go in and add an entry on "The Reanimatrix." I also fixed the problem with Nerdsy's entry (sorry about the mistake).

If no one else replies, instead of simply bumping the thread, whenever I need to add something I'll simply update the main thread and the date. So, keep a look out for that.

Guest Phaedrus
[b]Mitch[/b]

Mitch originally joined OB under the name animelover way back in 04-08-2002. Eventually he changed his name to "Mitch."

He was mod of the Otaku Lounge for some of his time here. The exact date and length of his modship is unknown to me, so if anyone knows it, add it here. He quickly became friends with Charles, way back when he was still going by the name elcrazywhiteboy.

Much of Mitch's time on OB was spent in the Anth forum. He also modded this forum for a period of time, though the exact elapsation of his time as mod there is unknown to me as well.

Mitch had aspirations to be a writer, and his poetry and writings can be found dotting the stratified layers of the Anth forum. Much of his writing is pessimitic in nature, often minimalist, yet his earlier works seem more grotesque and Poe-inspired. Mitch's writing today, however, is perhaps philosophical or transcendental in nature.

As has already been mentioned, Mitch had a particularily long-lasting feud with a certain member of OB, whose original name was PoisonTongue, but who took many names thereafter.

Mitch was at a young point in his life, so he took PT's brashness quite sensitively. The feud, legend has it, began with a single PM where Mitch was apologizing to PT for some instance, and PT's reply was his usual crassness.

The extent of the feud is hard to give a chronological narration. However, it ended with Mitch speaking to Shy, and asking for him and PT to both be banned. Mitch's final post in a thread, before being banned, was an homage to the great Charles: a picture of Mr. Terminator himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger, pointing an accusing finger with the bold text enumerating "shut the f--- up!" below him.

Mitch found out that Alex had returned to OB, under the persona of Papa Smurf. Therefore, Mitch decided to return, now under the persona of Phaedrus. The last known incidence of the incessant quarrel was in a recent philosophy thread made by Phaedrus, in which Papa Smurf was up to his usual antics.

Mitch, however, did not let the exchange exacerbate into its usual cesspool of cyclic pointlessness. This is because Mitch had changed since PT last knew him, for various reasons, of which include that Mitch began running, lifting weights, and experienced a spiritual awakening. His pessimism had faded away, and he had finally reached some point of maturity.

Recently, Mitch is said to have had an IM conversation with PT, in which PT stated that the entire feud was all in fun. This was a hard thing for Mitch to reconcile, seeing as he had actually felt abused and hurt by PT's actions against him; however, at this point in time, Mitch can look back at the feud as something which made him stronger, and which should not impact his life in any way whatsoever, other than on a positive note.

His current activity on OB is pretty sparse, but he pokes around here every now and then under the persona of Phaedrus.

[color=#4B0082]The original lava lamp had their name in all lower case. And now they're lavalamp without the space since I had to change it to let darkisMINE have the name. I figured it wouldn't matter since the original got banned and wouldn't be using it anyway.

Maybe someone should write an Otakupedia article about this exciting turn of events. It should also be added in his article that DeadSeraphim is [strike]terrible[/strike] great at judging class.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Here is something worth mentioning. I found it while going through my favorites of my web browser. I will link it rather than put the image up because it is rather large.

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RoxieFaye/OBgeneology.jpg]MistressRoxie's OB Geneology[/URL] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Japan_86][COLOR=DarkRed]Here is something worth mentioning. I found it while going through my favorites of my web browser. I will link it rather than put the image up because it is rather large.

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RoxieFaye/OBgeneology.jpg]MistressRoxie's OB Geneology[/URL] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I cannot even figure out I'm connected to half of those people whose line lead to mine in any way. I've not even spoken to 95% of them in passing. :animestun

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][color=gray][QUOTE=Japan_86][/color] [/color][/size][/font][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Here is something worth mentioning. I found it while going through my favorites of my web browser. I will link it rather than put the image up because it is rather large.

[/color][/size][/font][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RoxieFaye/OBgeneology.jpg"][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]MistressRoxie's OB Geneology[/color][/size][/font][/url][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray] [/QUOTE][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]I don't know how people will take this but when I saw the link, I could only think of one thing at the moment:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Internet Rednecks[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Heh, sorry if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intent.[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 months later...
I think the AE Boards' Otakupedia entry gives Rick WAYYY too much credit with regard to his theOtaku contributions.

Rick was never an important staff member and his writing abilities were awful. We had other reviews up there by other members, including myself, and I never thought that erasing his contributions was a big loss. It probably took me more time to EDIT his reviews than he took to write them. I didn't even post a few because the writing was so bad.

In fact, I don't think Rick was even around when we launched a dedicated review site. He had sent reviews to add as supplementary to our hubs.

We had a lot of important team members during that period, including Shy and Syk, who helped built the IMPORTANT parts of our hubs, but Rick was way way way below that level.

Rick was a nice guy, but yes, a bit crazy.

I think it's more accurate to say that he was a minor staff member on theOtaku who submitted a bunch of poorly-written reviews and then went mad.

I don't remember how we severed ties, but it wasn't some big dramatic ending.

[QUOTE=Adam]I think the AE Boards' Otakupedia entry gives Rick WAYYY too much credit with regard to his theOtaku contributions.

Rick was never an important staff member and his writing abilities were awful. We had other reviews up there by other members, including myself, and I never thought that erasing his contributions was a big loss. It probably took me more time to EDIT his reviews than he took to write them. I didn't even post a few because the writing was so bad.

In fact, I don't think Rick was even around when we launched a dedicated review site. He had sent reviews to add as supplementary to our hubs.

We had a lot of important team members during that period, including Shy and Syk, who helped built the IMPORTANT parts of our hubs, but Rick was way way way below that level.

Rick was a nice guy, but yes, a bit crazy.

I think it's more accurate to say that he was a minor staff member on theOtaku who submitted a bunch of poorly-written reviews and then went mad.

I don't remember how we severed ties, but it wasn't some big dramatic ending.[/QUOTE]

[font=arial]I'm often providing these types of clarifications to certain OB-related events too, haha. From an outside point of view things can seem far more dramatic than they really are.

I'm not sure where Charles is at the moment but he's our Otakupedia guru, so he will be able to update/edit the article with your submission.

Oh, while I'm here...Adam, if you get time, you should write up a submission about theOtaku.com's origin. You will be able to add plenty of detail and I think it'd be cool to talk about theOtaku.com's takeover of Absolute Sega and stuff. We need a good meaty theOtaku-based entry on Otakupedia. ^_^[/font]

[url="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?userid=4082"]Jeremiah[/url], formerly known as Shinje, is a long-time member of OB who is almost universally overlooked. He originally came to OB as Ginyu_Frogz, a reference to Captain Ginyu becoming a frog in Dragonball Z, but he soon grew to actually hate the name. Without a name change option, he decided to leave. He then re-registered a new account in the V4 days under the name Saiyangohan2002. At first, he wanted the name GOHAN, but soon discovered there was already a well-established member called Gohan. He also found out that all caps were considered yelling, and his first choice for the new name, he feared, would have been considered a violation of the rules.

He then used the name, Nuchlear, which was intentionally misspelled so he could get a Hotmail account without random numbers at the end. When he made the mistake of ?n00bifying? his name when the first official name change requests began, by choosing ?SunRiZe?, he abandoned the account altogether, which served a dual purpose in the ?Post Count? thread at the time, that of course being he didn?t care about post status of how many times he had posted.

He then re-registered as ?s@bretooth?, continuing his trend of poor user names, but quickly settled into a pattern of ?Shinji? related names, which initially caused him no end of trouble, due to ?Shinji? being the name of one of the people who brought down version 2 of OtakuBoards. He spent a good portion of his early years at OB escaping this stigma. In 2007 he changed his name to Jeremiah to escape the original Shinji's shadow and better reflect his born-again christianity, continuing the trend of perennial name changes. Jeremiah insists that this time, the name will stick.

Jeremiah has been a quiet contributor to OB, rarely embarking on anything large (and, sadly, when trying to, being ignored), and often being mistaken as new member. He changes his avatar and sig themes almost often as he changes his usernames, and references to obscure pop culture have almost become a trademark of his sig/av sets. Despite his lowkey presence, however, Jeremiah has always watched quietly from the sideline, and his in-depth Otakupedia articles about very early OB phenomena are testament to this.

Jeremiah is from New Zealand and thus pretty awesome. Despite a raft of Shinji-related names, looks nothing like Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion. He professes a faith in born-again christianity and likes to let this show in the threads that he participates in. As a result, Jeremiah is most active in threads and discussions that allow for a degree of Christian apologetics.

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']I don't think so, as there'd be no way to add articles or suggest additions or amendments.[/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I'mma go out on a limb and say that he meant the one at the top of the Lounge...[/COLOR][/SIZE]