OtakuBoards

What scares you?

Shadow Blade

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
Haven't written in a while. So while cruising on the internet (doing research, seriously), I came up on an interesting tidbit of info from Yahoo.com. I'd paste the info., but I don't want it to be too long so I'll just paste a small section. The theme is "What scares a man?" I admit there is a few I agree with. For example the part about apperances, Ladies you are not the only ones who talk to yourself in the mirror, trying to figure out a good look. Guys do too. Sure death can pretty much scare about anyone, except for psycotic murders on a killing rampage. Yeah well anyway I got this from yahoo webpage. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=David Zinczenko]#15 Hair in the drain. The first sign of male pattern baldness brings a man face-to-follicle with a skimpy aspect of his future. And it's always earlier than he expects or wants (which is, like, never). Logically, men know that baldness is as much of a part of life as Leno making Britney jokes. Logically, men know that being bald doesn't mean that they're any less smart, virile, or successful. Logically, men know that women don't care how much hair their men have. Logically, men know there are plenty of bald men who are comfortable in their skin--no matter how much of it they're showing. But when it first happens, it feels like stepping on a scale and being 20 pounds heavier or waking up in high school with a quarter-sized nose pimple. It's the inevitable and uncontrollable change in appearance that men try so desperately to protect. Maybe even more importantly, this moment when a man starts losing his hair says a lot about him-whether he's cool enough to handle it, or anxious enough to attempt to deny it with combovers, Rogaine, or faith healers.

#14 Getting caught noticing another woman. A man's instinctual response to visual stimulation very rarely has anything to do with his current relationship or how he feels about it. But his lizard brain reacts instantly, and before he knows he's doing it, he's looking at someone else. We hate having to explain behaviors that even we don't fully understand.

#13 Rejection. Doesn't matter whether it happens after a job interview, or at a bar, or on the basketball court. And remember, there's a difference between losing and being outright rejected. Men can handle losing a game or having a bar conversation disintegrate into nothing. But the proud creatures that men are, they hate having their shots blocked. Mainly, that's because it means that someone else has the upper hand-and is gloating about it.

etc. [/QUOTE]
[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]
To read the rest of it if you are interested cruise over to
[url]http://health.yahoo.com/experts/menlovesex/17701/what-scares-a-man[/url]

So on a lighter note the question is what scares you as a male or female?

Please no spam.

I know a weird topic.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shadow Blade][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]So on a lighter note the question is what scares you as a male or female?[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]Well my number one fear probably has nothing to do with being a guy. But to put it simply, having anything happen to my hands. I didn't even realize it was a fear until last year when I was in a car accident and my right leg was broken. I play the Cello and right now pursuing music is my life, so to lose the ability to play is something I am afraid of. Something I realized right after the other car had hit the one I was in and my first thought after realizing everyone was okay and in spite of the pain from my broken leg, was sheer relief to realize that my hands had not been hurt.

The other fear is a little more personal and has to do with being able to father children should I eventually get married. Something that doesn't need to be explained as I'm sure people will understand what I am referring to.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]My fear? Cockroaches. I see one and I get extremely paranoid to the point where I won't leave my bed. If I was in 1984, they could've scared the rebel out of me instantly, lol.

I'm also terrified of needles. Last time I had to get a shot I was 12, I cried for 15 minutes before the shot, and 15 minutes afterword, lol. Didn't even hurt, just was overwhelming.

Also, I have a terminal fear of rejection. Always deeper, never higher.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I am scared of very few things... but here they are:

1. The movie Signs. It was the scene at the birthday party [spoiler]when the alien shows up[/spoiler] and also when the bird [spoiler]falls in the middle of flying because of hitting the force field and dies[/spoiler] that really scare me. From the time I saw it until now, I still can't think about it. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT movie... but scary as ****.

2. The freezer in the back of the restaurant that I work at. It's very dimly lit, and the door shuts on its own. Whenever I food run, I have to go back there to get celery, carrots, mayo, fruit, and coleslaw... and I hate it! The first few times I went in there, I thought it locked itself, and I cried. I was so scared of it and still am. Eventually I noticed a huge sign that says "YOU ARE NOT LOCKED IN" that gives instructions in case someone locks you in... how comforting. To make it better, my boss always jokes about locking me in, and he makes me go back there as many times as possible. Grr...

3. Getting fat. I'm scared to death of it... that's the one thing that could make me feel incredibly inadequate. [thread=56510]Click here for more information on this...[/thread] I feel I've already posted enough about that one... guh.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

edit -- i'll edit this later to revise my answers to fit the female criteria.

Guest NIKI12345
Feet scare me the most. I have never liked anyones feet not even my own and its been this way since I was little. I can't handle people touching me with teir feet its just :animeknow .

I don't know why but thats what I fear of. To think of all the things to be afraid of in the world and I'm the one scared of feet. Other than that I'm not scared of anything else.

From what I understand of Shadow Blade's question, he's asking [B]what scares you [I]as a male or female[/I][/B]. So I suppose it's about what fears your have regarding the opposite sex?

I'd have to say that I fear committment. I hate it when someone checks up on me. Even some friends, I can't keep them close because I can't stand having to talk on the phone with or see someone every day. So, if someone from the opposite sex is involved, I don't know how I will handle it.

Thouggh I admit, I'm getting old, getting lonely, and I need a change. :animedepr

[font=Tahoma]So, what scares me as a male? Well, I'm not afraid of too many things, and the things that do scare me don't have much to do with me being a guy. However, I can easily contort my fears to conform with your question.

I am afraid of pointy things. Needles are a good example, but I'm also cautious around tacks, knives, and anything else that can put a hole in me, like guns.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] I am afraid of being penetrated, as this goes against my natural male role as a penetrator.

I am ridiculously afraid of spiders. I can be pretty tough if I've got a weapon and the little guy cornered, but if one gets on me, I will freak the hell out. You'd think Death himself had laid his hand on me.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] I'm afraid of spiders because I think my junk will fall off if one bites me.

I am afraid of others noticing my mistakes. It's ok if I make one and nobody knows about it, but if someone finds out, I'll do anything possible to deny it. I don't let others know that I know I'm wrong.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] Guys never admit that they are wrong, or that they need directions. We don't need your help, and we don't need your bitching.

I am incapable of peeing in the same room as someone I don't know. I also can't pee in a urinal, unless I know that the entire building is empty and there is zero chance of someone walking in on me.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] I'm afraid that if anyone is in the same room [spoiler]with my impressive physical endowments,[/spoiler] they will be overcome with a jealous, murderous rage, and not even [spoiler]my mighty club[/spoiler] will be enough to fight them off. (not really, but it was fun to type anywho)

As for fears in relation to women, I have none. Women are all as harmless as kittens :catgirl:<------girls
[/font]

[size=1][color=gray]Ah mans fear of rejection, so sad yet so true. I do have to admit that this is one of my few fears. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]One of my others is paranormal stuff without a physical body. Why? Because I can't fight them, my natural response when I'm scared or threatened is to get mad and violent. So since they have no physical bodies I have nothing to attack and thats not cool, if I'm gonna die at least let me die fighting. (In case you didn't notice Death is not one of my fears.)[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]I have committment issues as well. One I'm afraid of hurting someone I care about, two I'm afraid of being hurt, and three I'm afraid of letting people close enough to see all sides of me. There are certain things I just don't show to people but I feel like I'd need to show those sides of myself to the person I was committed, one of them being my emotional side which is hard for me to show since I am very unemotional.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=gray]My last fear is being crazy. My grandma on my fathers side is Paranoid Schizophrenic, and I think my dad shows some traits of it was well. Well the disorder is hereditary and more common in males, so I do have a fair chance of being diagnosed with it. Not to mention that on my mom's side there is history of Extreme Depression and Bi-polarism. So yeah I want to try to avoid being a rabid lunatic later in life.[/color][/size]

Guest NIKI12345
As for fears in relation to women, I have none. Women are all as harmless as kittens :catgirl:<------girls
[/font][/QUOTE]

Yeah right. But I agree with you I do not like using a public bathroom with other people in it. I don't know why though.

Now back to wemen some of them can be scary as hell. Like on my bus these Mexican wemen go around mobbing people then they decide to beat up a sweet and cute little girl like me. Well I had some bad news for them they were screwed. I kicked their ***** so hard they flew all the way to Mexico. No offense to Mexicans only the ones that ride my bus and like hurting people. So you get my point we can be scary too no matter how cute we are. Got it!!!!

[SIZE=1] needles, everyone's scare of injections from the doctor? I used to be, til I realised there are better things to fear, than just sharp objects:

[B]Rejection[/B]: Blame the anxiety disorder, once I get rejected by a certain girl, I'll overanalyze it to the point where it'll just lock me up.

[B]Presenting in front of a crowd of strangers[/B]: the anxiety disorder once again, is at fault, when I was younger, I didnt have this problem much, but I as I lived through England, it just worsened with the massive onset of depression, I begin to lose concentration, stutter, I tremble uncontrollably, then eventually, I lock up.

[B]Relationships[/B]: the anxiety has something to do with this also, I go through the same symptoms as mentioned aboved.

failed relationships: one out of two.

there are more, but I dont like to drone on.

[B]EDIT[/B]: [B]Using Public Restrroms While knowing someone else in the room [/B]: I just dont. it feels so akward.

- Felix[/SIZE]

Guest HotHiei2
[B][COLOR=DarkGreen]There are only 3 things in life that scare me so far.
1. My creepy horror movie like basement :animedepr
2. Waterbugs...they kinda look like cockroaches
3. Something bad happening to my little brother. :(

That's what scares me. [/COLOR][/B]

Guest Katty Kit
I don't really think "things" scare me. I have a lot of psychological fears more than rational ones. What I'm "afraid" of: 1)Small/tight places, I'm claustrophobic. For some reason I think that has something to do with my childhood. Then again that's probably just me over analyzing things. 2)Being paralyzed, I think I'd rather be dead. 3) Abandonment and trust issues. For fear of losing people.

Guest Ureshiinosuika
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm terrified of doing anything in front of other people I haven't know for years, whether it's talking, or just walking by them. I will not do it. I have the irrational fear that everyone critizes every little thing that I do. :worried: [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Adahn][font=Tahoma]So, what scares me as a male? Well, I'm not afraid of too many things, and the things that do scare me don't have much to do with me being a guy. However, I can easily contort my fears to conform with your question.

I am afraid of pointy things. Needles are a good example, but I'm also cautious around tacks, knives, and anything else that can put a hole in me, like guns.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] I am afraid of being penetrated, as this goes against my natural male role as a penetrator.

I am ridiculously afraid of spiders. I can be pretty tough if I've got a weapon and the little guy cornered, but if one gets on me, I will freak the hell out. You'd think Death himself had laid his hand on me.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] I'm afraid of spiders because I think my junk will fall off if one bites me.

I am afraid of others noticing my mistakes. It's ok if I make one and nobody knows about it, but if someone finds out, I'll do anything possible to deny it. I don't let others know that I know I'm wrong.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] Guys never admit that they are wrong, or that they need directions. We don't need your help, and we don't need your bitching.

I am incapable of peeing in the same room as someone I don't know. I also can't pee in a urinal, unless I know that the entire building is empty and there is zero chance of someone walking in on me.

[b]Masculine contortion:[/b] I'm afraid that if anyone is in the same room [spoiler]with my impressive physical endowments,[/spoiler] they will be overcome with a jealous, murderous rage, and not even [spoiler]my mighty club[/spoiler] will be enough to fight them off. (not really, but it was fun to type anywho)

[/font][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Very nice, and quite humorous. Much better than some of the posts i've read of yours. =P

I'm afraid that i'll one day realize i'm gay. I'm sorry, but sex in the....is not appealing to me at all, or even hygenic!

I'd say, i'm mostly afraid of death. I have no idea what waits for me beyond the grave, and it scares the **** out of me. It could be a christian hell, or perhaps it is nothingness, then again i could be reborn into life again... Who knows?! I sure don't....

I'm afraid of growing up and being some old fat bald guy that has no one to keep me company. Drinking beer, wondering where things all went wrong. Not having a woman to love... both emotionally and physically. =D =/

[/FONT][/COLOR]

What am I afraid of as far as men are concerned?

Well, I'm mostly afraid of [B]rejection.[/B] I know that that's kind of a masculine thing, but seriously, who isn't? I'm TERRIBLY afraid that guys won't like me for how I look, considering I'm not nearly as beautiful as some other people I know, but my guy friends assure me that I am...But I don't believe them, heh.

Guest Chuugi2472
What scares me most?

1.I am PETRIFIED of needles...
2.Haha,this one is weird,but I don't like it when anyone else but me is holding a knife (as in cooking or whatever) It just makes me uncomfortable. :P

3.Being alone
4.Being alone in small,dark spaces
5.Being ontop of really really really tall things

What honestly scares me and I mean actually just strikes fear into my entire body is seeing a deep shade of red in a person's eyes but what's weird is, red is the color of blood and I don't have a problem with seeing blood so it's kinda weird since it's just the red in a person's eyes that scares me not any other form of red.

This may be a lil weird and I'll tell you why in a lil bit.

I'm afraid of walking over bridges.

Now, I'm not afriad of being on top of something high and looking down. I love rollercosters and the ride that just hangs you up in the air. It's just the whole thought of massive objects (cars, trucks, etc.) going underneath me while I'm on this thing that is supported, yes, but in the parts that it's not....~shivers~ I dunno what it is. I think my parents held me over one while I was a baby ¬ ¬ lol j/k

Yet, recently, I haven't been that petrified of them.... Except when the train comes and I'm on the bridge above it ><

Also, another thing, that I can't explain like the bridges, is someone being disappointed in something that I do, like if I had a task and I failed. Been that way since I can remember.
~ا~

[quote name='Shadow Blade][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]So on a lighter note the question is what scares you as a male or female?[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
Honesty one thing that does scare me as a woman is the thought of childbirth. I'm not going ot have children and this is one of the reasons why. The thought of the pain is scary to me. There are so many horror stories of women dying, how horrible the pain is, complications and such that the thought of giving birth to a child is quite frightening to me.

[quote name='Panda']Honesty one thing that does scare me as a woman is the thought of childbirth. I'm not going ot have children and this is one of the reasons why. The thought of the pain is scary to me. There are so many horror stories of women dying, how horrible the pain is, complications and such that the thought of giving birth to a child is quite frightening to me.[/quote]I?ve heard that from others before, and though the pain is not what I would have thought of, one of my children was a very difficult childbirth, something that modern medicine kept from being a real issue. So I can easily see why it would frighten others. But at the same time, just as there are so many horror stories there are quite a few of what a wonderful experience it is as well and I honestly can?t imagine my life without my children. ;)

As for my own fears, for a while I was terrified of losing my vision, though again modern medicine has changed that and it is no longer a fear.

As a woman, my other fear is to be unable to take care of myself or my kids, because having given birth to them I feel like what type of person would I be if I couldn?t even take care of them? And I'm sure all parents share the fear of something bad happening to them that you couldn't prevent.

Other fears unrelated to being a woman would be hospitals. I go when needed, but having nearly died in one due to complications from my last surgery I find going there distasteful in spite of all the good they do.

[size=1][color=gray]I thought of another thing that scares me, this is related to me as a man more than my prior fears.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]Being a Father.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]The thought terrifies me. I guess you could say my dad has been around, but he has been far from a father. I have had other influentual males in my life, but nothing truely comparible to a father, all I know is I never want to be the kind of father to my children as my dad was to me. Also just the impact you have on your childrens lives, and that how they develop and grow at an early age has alot to do with what I do for them. Being responsible for life, and helping it grow is just a great responsibilty and one of my biggest fears, but I can honestly say it's one of the things I'm looking forward to most.[/color][/size]