OtakuBoards

What did you have for lunch?

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Some people eat lunch. Wether you eat at school, bring your lunch, eat at work, bring, buy, eat at home -- some people even eat lunch on the weekends. So now I have some questions...

[B]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?
2. What did you eat for lunch today?
3. Do you plan ahead for lunch on further days?
4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/B]

As for me...

[B]1[/B]. For the past 3 years I always brought my lunch to school, though nowadays I've been a consecutive buyer for the past school year. When I used to bring lunch, there was always a formula. One sandwhich/main course (every once in a while it might be leftover pizza or something), a fruit (applesauce almost always), a snack (something like a ho-ho or some other thing - I started leaving it out at some point) and my drink, which was anything from a Kool-Aid Jammer or Capri-Sun to an applejuice box.

Now that I buy lunch, though, it's been different. For the entire first half of the year i got a cheeseburger every single day. I've always been a fan of school burgers, and i once ate one of them in a single bite (to this day I consider it one of my life's greatest accomplishments). About 6 months ago, though, i quit burgers alltogether, inside and outside of school. now i almost always get the daily special, and surprisingly there is actually a lot of good stuff served that I didn't know about. On the occasion that it's something gross like fish or pasta shells, I always stick with the chicken patty, though.

The only time I will ever eat pizza from school is when they are having a Pizza Hut day. I've never understood why people enjoy the school's pizza - not only is it freaky looking but the sauce and cheese are both disgusting. Of all the lunches they give out, the best is probably chili dogs. I could live off of chili dogs. The nachos would be tied if they gave you more damn meat on them...

[B]2[/B]. Today is Saturday (well, at this point it's Sunday, but I'm setting that aside) so I didn't really eat much. On your average Saturday I wake up anywhere between 10 and 12 in the morning, which if it was a school day would already be around the time I'd be eating lunch. There are a lot of times where I eat things at various points in the day before reaching dinner, but usually not a meal and I usually don't pay attention to eating it as i would lunch. sometimes on the weekend I'll purposefully make something particularly good to eat just to eat down and suconsiouly think of it as lunch. For some reason, this always makes me very happy when I do it. Since on some weekends I stay up till around 5 AM on Friday o Saturday, i usually eat something really good around 2:30 to 3:30 and sometimes I decide to call it lunch for no good reason. I guess it's more like 'fourthmeal', whatever the hell that is.

[B]3[/B]. I'm not entirely sure if many people actually do this, but you never know. I know a lot of staty at home moms do this kind of thing where they plot what they are going to cook on a certain day or something. Also, i know that when I was in elementary school they always gave us a 'lunch calendar' where it told you the menu for the next month. I never really watched it, but I know a lot of people who do. I think that when I live on my own, i will make a special point to decide my lunch for the next coming days ahead of time.

[B]4[/B]. I've never been on any eating date, but I know that a lot of people do them, or at least the TV would lead me to believe such. I've never heard of anyone doing it while still in like high school or anything, though, so i'm curious as to if people actually do it.

(Wow. Big post about lunch O_o)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][I]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?[/I]
Occasionally. It usually involves lighting the cigarette.

[I]2. What did you eat for lunch today?[/I]
A cigarette.

[I]3. Do you plan ahead for lunch on further days?[/I]
Yes, I buy more cigarettes.

[I]4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/I]
No. It went great.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
[I]2. What did you eat for lunch today?[/I]
A cigarette.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

So, now you have reached the point where you just forgo the act of smoking the cigarette in favor of just eating it directly?

Has it really come to that?

And did Digitalboy just manage to write a huge essay on what he eats for lunch!?

[QUOTE=Charles]So, now you have reached the point where you just forgo the act of smoking the cigarette in favor of just eating it directly?

Has it really come to that?

And did Digitalboy just manage to write a huge essay on what he eats for lunch!?[/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]It tastes better. Less harsh smoke. More filling too, the filter really expands in your stomach.[/font][/color][/size]

[color=crimson]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?

Yes I eat lunch.

Usually I give money to certified, health inspected facilities who, in return, cook and prepare my food and give it to me. My favorite types of food are: Vietnamese, Indian and Italian. There is a nice Pho place near my house where I get Vietnamese.. usually with some bubble tea. For Indian there is an awesome Indian buffet in the Medical Center. Get some chai tea, grab some basmati rice and chicken tikka masala. Italian.. Milano's Restorante. Ziti sugarosa is my favorite there.

Aside from that subs, pizza and burgers are always cool. Salads as well. Pretty much anything but I frequent the above three the most.

Technically nothing since I was working during lunch. The first thing I ate was a huge *** bowl of Pho. I almost died waiting for it. No lunch + trip to the zoo = unhappy stomach.

Uhh, not like.. much beyond a day. Sometimes I think "Some _____ food sounds good for tomorrow" or "I should get some ____ this week" but nothing really hardcore.

4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?

Uh. No, I've had a few dinner dates.. and I often go out to lunch with my g/f.

[quote name='Charles']And did Digitalboy just manage to write a huge essay on what he eats for lunch!?[/quote]

I dunno. I just answered the questions and kind of skipped what he wrote.

[/color] :D

[quote name='Charles']And did Digitalboy just manage to write a huge essay on what he eats for lunch!?[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]It's interesting that this comes as a surprise. Not only because I'm a bored person who exists for the sole purpose of posting on message boards - let's ignore that for now.

I think we take lunch for granted - or if that's the wrong turn of phrase, then we don't pay much attention to it. I mean think about it, most people eat lunch every day, most of the days of your life. That's a lot of damn lunches! i mean, lunch is obviously important to our culture. There' snot a person I've ever met who didn't know what lunch is -- and I'm sure that goes for most countries around the world. the time in which we eat lunch may vary, as well as what we eat, but lunch is a subject that practically everyone is versed in.

That's why i thought to create the topic - everyone knows lunch. Everyone was an opinion on lunch. No one has to think hard to tell me about lunch. As a person who used to eat the exact same lunch every single day, I kind of have a complex toward lunches. I'm interesten in what people's general view of lunch is. Do you consider lunch important? Do you give any thought to it at all? I mean, I can think of plenty of people who can't remember anything they ate for lunch for the past week, and others who can recount every meal.

Me, for instance, other than that I ate a chili dog at least one day last week and I think a chicken patti, I can't remember anything I ate for lunch last week. meanwhile if I asked my younger brother, I know he'd be ablle to tell me about his meal each day of the week.

Lunch isn't like breakfast and dinner. Those two are too highly varied. I've seen threads about them all the time. I could talk to a group of people and all of them would give me different answers. There could be four people -- one guy doesn't eat breakfast and he eats dinner at 8 PM (that guy would be me, lol), the next guy eats cereal for breakfast every day and dinner at 4 PM because his parents are always home and his mom's a cook so she has an obsession with feeding her kids, the next guy grabs a pop-tart as he walks out the door and eats with his family at 6 PM, while the last fellow always cooks himself eggs and bacon when he gets up at 5:30 and in the late afternoon he fixes himself some kind of cuisine.

You don't hear this conversation about lunch all that often, though, so I can't help but be curious. Are we all really that like-minded toward lunch? Do we all just think that everybody eats lunch the same way, and therefor doesn't talk about it? I've got to know what lunch means to other people.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]You, 2007DigitalBoy, are my type of character.

[b]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?[/b]
Yes, I do eat lunch. Lunch has been the first meal of the day ever since I traded breakfast for more sleep a few months ago. That's why I never skip it. At 9:30 AM sharp, me and my mates start talking about where we'll be taking lunch 2 hour from thence, and thinking about that gets me through laboratory classes. When school's out and I don't feel like eating whatever our help plans to cook for lunch, I drag my brother to the mall and eat there.

[b]2. What did you eat for lunch today?[/b]
Fried noodles, fried fish in coconut milk, pork spring roll (more pork than "spring", I guess) and of course the ubiquitous rice. First time I pigged out in weeks and I absolutely loved it.

[b]3. Do you plan ahead for lunch on further days?[/b]
I used to when I was in college. There are a lot of cafeterias and restaurants on and near the campus so I really had to think about what and where I wanted to eat to make most of my 90-minute lunchbreak.

[b]4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/b]
Lunch dates always go right for me. Far more than dinner dates, at least. One, because I (and the lucky guy/girl who happens to be my date) make it a point not to get inebriated; and two, because I think lunch is the best time to try a new place out, and when we're running out of things to talk about, we usually end up ranting/raving about the service, the ambiance and the food.
[/COLOR]

[color=teal][b]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?[/b]
Ever since I joined the workforce, I have bought my lunch, which usually consists of nothing but junk like chocolate, potato chips, and the on-occasion orange cordial, where I mix two sachets in enough water for one. No wonder I am unhealthy.

I'm going back to taking my lunch, like the old school days. It might be healthier for me.

[b]2. What did you eat for lunch today?[/b]
I plan on eating toast for lunch today.
[b]. Do you plan ahead for lunch on further days?[[/b]
Nope. I take whatever I live on impulse purchases.

[b]4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/b]
Nope. I'd expect it would have gone poorly. What I like to do with my girl makes lunch date pretty impractical. (for the record, this is not "in-the-gutter" stuff ;) )[/color]

[COLOR=Orange]Finally a thread about FOOD! :animesigh *Burp*[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]1. My house hardly has enough food, we spend our money on things rather than food. But for lunch I look for anything I can eat usually, I usually eat sandwhiches or soups for lunch.

2. I already had lunch.

3.No

4. No, but today my mom told me would could eat on the way home. I had McyD's today, it was good. I had a double cheesburger and a Cinnammin melt. The first one I ever made me orgasm practicly. (Figure of speech!) [/COLOR]

[size=1][b]1.[/b] Yes, I eat lunch every day if I can. At school, I eat salad, usually... because... well... our school lunches are questionable. And our school is required to have a salad bar every day because of the Iowa health laws. If there isn't salad bar (which is rare)... I eat a sammich or corndog.
If I'm home, I eat whatever. Usually not something too healthy, but, bleh.

[b]2.[/b] Today I had a cheeseburger, fries, and Dr Pepper from McDonald's. I've actually been eating this a lot, ever since I started getting seven hour shifts at McDonald's... and, let me tell you... eating that for three days in a row really starts to get to you. It makes me want to wretch, haha.

[b]3.[/b] I can't say I usually plan for further lunches. Well. Sometimes I might think... "Hey, a burrito from Taco John's sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll get one tomorrow." But, I always want a burrito... it doesn't always mean I get it. :P

[b]4.[/b] Uh uh... the closest thing I've had to a lunch date was me and my ex boyfriend eating cookie dough while watching Power Rangers on my couch. It was special, I guess. Haha.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange] :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil

I ate breakfast (watermelon) AND lunch today, despite it being Sunday! Excitement! both my parents were home, and we wanted to do something, but everyone was bored and din't know what to do. I wanted to go to Planet Music and buy crap, but my mum was bein a bum. Them she was hungry so she cooked waffle fries, and since there were waffle fries, everine made accompanying sandwhiches (mine was technically a sub!). The moment the meal was over, everyone was on their feet, moving about, and we were all out the door in ten minutes!

That lunch bought me volume one of the Genshiken manga, volume 5 of Megaokyo, and the Ergo Proxy special edition with artbox! My first purches in months! This weekend kicks a whole new scale of ***, and I have lunch to thank![/COLOR]

1)Every Day. Sometimes I have a 2nd lunch. My metabolism moves so fast that if I don't have at least three square meals a day, plus a bunch of snacks, then I'll die!!!! It usually consists of a can opener and a microwave oven. Most usually Spagettios or raviolli. But on the days I'm feeling like something different, but am low on cash, I just go to subway where I can get the sandwich but pay at a later time. Also, every day I work at subway, I get a free 6" with chips. Plus, a drink with as many free refills as I want and all the delicious subway cookies I can consume (as long as there's plenty left over for the customers)

2) Subway Pizza Sandwich. I don't know if all Subways have it, but it's six pieces of pepperoni and then I top it with motzerella cheeze and toast it in the oven for 25 seconds. After that, I add veggies if I feel like it. When I feel like a meat lovers style pizza, I put sausage on. (Because our subway started a breakfast thing so we alwasy have sausage) Today, I felt like a supremem pizza sub, so I put green peppers, onions, and olives on there...

3) Nope, but I'm positive that I'll be eating Subway on the days I work... I guess that counts. Mostly it's a 'fend for yourself' enviorenment at my house during lunch. My parents have a week long schedule of meals to eat for dinner, but I don't guess that counts except when we have leftovers and I eat that for lunch the next day...

4) Not unless you count every lunch I have at school or work. Dates are for dinners... It's just so traditional, why change it? But the halfway dates I have for lunch with friends and co-workers usually end with someone saying something extremley sexual or gross or both, after which everyone gets up and leaves regardless of whether they've finished or not. Seriously, it's a tradition; I've never finished my lunch at school in six years. (maybe that's why I'm so hungry come dinner time.)

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] I have to do this. You may not believe me, but I still have to do this. So now the questions:

[b]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?[/b] Yes I do eat lunch. I usually get it via a resturaunt near where i work and depending on how much time and money I have. But I don't have a set time for lunch because I'm working for an hour or more then running off to my next assignment. So it's catch as catch can. SOmetimes it's not even really lunch food. Just snacks from my car.

[b]2. What did you eat for lunch today?[/b] A ham sandwich (I got to go home for a little bit today)... then some corn chip and salsa combos... all in my car

[b]3. Do you plan ahead for lunch on further days?[/b] Nope. I never have. I may have to in a few years when I have to send my daughter to school, but for right now I don't plan.

[b]4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/b] I haven't yet... or in a while... Okay I haven't dated in a while lunch or other wise.

And I have to agree with Premonition. Those Cinnamelts are orgasm inducing.[/color][/font]

[QUOTE]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?
4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]1. Yes. I catch my own.
2. Human children. Lots of them. They taste good with jam.
3. I leave a trail of candy that leads to my house.
4. Yes. She was delicious.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]1. Yes. I catch my own.
4. Yes. She was delicious.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1] alrighty then, kinda disturbing:

1. I really dont eat lunch, but when I do, it's usually ramen, or something that can be put into the microwave.

2. home cooked filipino food! [see: bought at filipino food joint]

3. do I plan for lunch on further days ahead? no, cos I really dont eat. but when I do eat I usually go for whatever the hell I'm craviing.

4. man, I wish I took the chance to take Ash out to lunch.[/Size]

1. Now? No. I usually awaken after the traditional 'lunchtime'. When I wasn't a lazy bum mooching off my parents, yeah, i did. and i usually ate ramen. or fries. sometimes both.
2. Today? I woke up at 2, so no lunch. I did eat a hot pocket after i got up though... not sure what it's called if you eat at 3... linner maybe? or dunch? i never have been much of one for organised mealtimes...
3. Plan? is that like a little plane? or a special kind of LAN?
4. People have LUNCH dates? really?

[SIZE=1][B]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?[/b]
I take food out of the fridge in the morning, and combine it into a structure called a sandwich.

[B]2. What did you eat for lunch today?[/B]
Nothing yet as it's not lunch time.

[B]3. Do you plan ahead for lunch on further days?[/B]
I eat the same lunch every week day, so whether that's planning or repetitivity I'm not sure.

[b]4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/B]
Yes. To quote Dead it went well.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]1. Yes. I catch my own.
4. Yes. She was delicious.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Do you do dinner parties? Or old people?[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Oi. As stated in the [B]Prem [/B] thread, I am a huge fan of going to 7-11 and getting hot dogs and slurpees. I was lucky enough to be able to do this with my friend on Thursday. We sat around outside Food Lion while my mom bought dinner and ate while talking about **** - something I haven't been able to do in years. It's good times, it is.

Also, today is an example of when my bro and I find there to be no Mountain Dew in either fridge, and we have little money. We pulled what we could together from the remnants of a school lunch leftovers and a golden dollar and headed up there, returning with a MD 2 liter and a pair of MD slurpees.

Every onece in a while our parents will leave us some cash to go to 7-11 with. On those occasions, we sent the crusader, which is usually my bro going solo, though sometimes his friend or even my other bro will accompany. On these missions, my brother always rides his bike. the way we do it is, we give him both a backpack and a messenger bag and send him up there. The more delicate stuff (hot dogs/slurpees) go in the backpack with the 2Ls go in the messenger bag

Yes, we've thought this through quite thoroughly. We are suburban cowboys.[/COLOR]

Guest Alexianne
1. I am a very disorganized lunch person. When I was younger my mom would pack it for me and I would be just fine, though there would be days when I would just get a school lunch.
Now a days though, I don't eat lunch. Unless my dad come into the kitchen and fixes something I probably won't come out of my room :animeswea
Basically I eat when I'm in hungry -_-

2. I didn't eat lunch today, it being the weekend. I usually blow off all meals and just snack, unless a parental unit comes and forces me to eat something ^_^;
If it had been a school day I most probably would have shared something with my friend. :P
This summer I plan on doing what I do on the weekends. There goes my nutrition o_o;

3. Oh, of course not. If you've read this far down you know by now that lunch is more or less a random thing in my life XD take it or leave it. So, nope, I don't know if I'll eat lunch tomorrow-- wait, scratch that, I think I do. Since I have a friend coming over tomorrow I think it's fairly safe to assume that I'm going to have to make lunch XD...however on any other day, I have no idea what the next day will hold.

4. No, but I'm not exactly sure what a "lunch date" would be around here. If it's simply being asked out to lunch, well, then no, I've never had anything like that happen yet. And I'm to shy to go around and ask people for things like such! x]

---

Oh, how I love talking about something I don't even do that often ;)

PS.
I'm going to use the "lunch template" that 2007DigitalBoy uses XD -- A main course, a fruit, a snack/dessert, and a drink. It sounds perfect for school ;o

[COLOR=goldenrod][B]1. Do You Eat Lunch? If so, how do you usually procure it?[/B]
Naturally, mines pretty simple really. I usually have a type of protein shake so I buy the stuff I need in advance. On rare occasions I have something else. But usually the shake is what I have every day. It's too convenient and easy.

[B]2. What did you eat for lunch today?[/B]
Well lunch has yet to occur for me but it will be the same. My usual shake.

[B]3. Do you plan ahead for lunch on further days?[/B]
I do, its part of what got me started on protein shakes. It comes from when I was working as a truck driver. Shakes were the most convenient and easy thing to have for lunch when I was driving. All I needed was a gallon of milk in the little fridge in the cab and the stuff to mix the shake with. I'd be set for a week. Though stopping at a store wasn't really an issue. Since I delivered frozen goods for Wall-Mart I was stopping at a store somewhere every single day. Which is why sometimes I had something else. If it was about lunch time when I made a delivery, I'd pick up something hot from the deli department.

[B]4. Have you ever had a lunch date? How did it go?[/B]
Well not for lunch really, now dinner? I've had lots of those. And they varied. From fun to obnoxious depending on the guy. lol[/COLOR]