OtakuBoards

New Skin!

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Am I the only one who turned on my internet, scrolled over to OB, and went ZOMG new skin!? What does everyone think of this? I like it - the graffiti stuff looks really cool - far more edgy than the tranquil snow. the silver on the face of the boards looks great and the whole thing has a very nifty metallic, artsy feel. Admittedly, that guy in the banner is mildly creepy looking, but the rest makes up for it![/COLOR]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=olive]If you press F5 in IE it should work for you.

Please don't make a final judgement just yet - there's a lot more I want to do. The primary skin is being renamed from Liquid to OB Standard. Quite a bit more has to be done - including adjustment of the site's banner.

This is a bit of a precursor to something exciting. I'm going to get the whole community involved in this process shortly. It'll be something fun for the Art Studio.

I'm intending to freshen up v7 in a few areas to last us a bit longer while we develop OB Evolution (which is coming along beautifully). OBE will take a while to develop because it's so new...we are doing a lot of things with vB that haven't been done before.

So there are lots of ways we can keep OB v7 fresh for a while longer. Hopefully I can get most of the stuff done over this weekend.[/color]

[quote name='Charles']Clear your cookies.[/quote] [size=1][color=DimGray]There we go. I don't know about the gray. It just blends in with the background. I think a nice green (see my avatar) would be pleasant.

No blue either. It's been blue waay too long.
[/color][/size]

[quote name='James][color=olive']If you press F5 in IE it should work for you.[/color][/quote] [size=1][color=DimGray]Who still uses that?

[/color][/size]

[color=#4B0082]For anyone who can't see the new graphics, if you're using...

...Firefox, hold in the Shift key and click Reload (or use Shift+F5).
...Internet Explorer, hold in the Ctrl key and click Refresh (or use Ctrl+F5).

This re-downloads the page from the server instead of using cached files.[/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']Admittedly, that guy in the banner is mildly creepy looking, but the rest makes up for it![/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial][I]Stop making fun of my face!![/I] I can't help it my wave doesn't set in for a half-hour after I shower. :( [/FONT]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']I only just noticed this, but when you scroll over the links in the sidebar they now turn white. It's a pretty sweet effect.[/COLOR][/quote]
Good to know you're easily impressed. I bet you'll cream your panties for ob evolution.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]I'm not liking it too much; I'm not a fan of simple black and white and such. I need color!

The sidebar looks nice, though; was that design added in the update? I have a poor attention to detail, so I have no idea if it was always there and I'm just now noticing it or something.

I'm using Geisha now (how long has it been since [i]that[/i] had an update?), so it doesn't really affect me too much.[/color]

I don't really understand why the existing normal skin is being completely overwritten with this. I prefer the old one to both Geisha and where this one is headed... I would think that it could have just been cloned and then had the images switched out to give people three choices instead.

Oh well, though.

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
Good to know you're easily impressed. I bet you'll cream your panties for ob evolution.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I'll probably orgasm the second i load the page. Might be a few minutes before I even get the chance to post on it while I clean things up. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1]Yeah I noticed it today, I thought I was going crazy because it was still the same color scheme. Haha. But now I know I'm not going crazy... well not yet. I like it. It's cute :) It's not too fancy but not too plain..[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well other than the top banner I think the new look is great. I especially like how the sidebar looks and how the links change to white when you go to click on them.

But that top banner? Meh, It just seems so drab and colorless. Though I'm sure that's the point. And I kind of miss the other language where this one seems to be straight English with the words OtakuBoards.

Still overall it looks great and the way there is graphics on each section header looks quite nifty.

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][size=1][color=DimGray]No blue either. It's been blue waay too long.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]Except for what I think was a very brief stint with red a couple years ago, OB has always been blue/lavender/grey. Oh, I guess there was also a dark purple banner once.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Except for what I think was a very brief stint with red a couple years ago, OB has always been blue/lavender/grey. Oh, I guess there was also a dark purple banner once.[/size'][/color][/quote]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=DarkGreen]There was that one layout, just before it swapped over to v7 [Around 2003/2004] when it was blue, red and yellow. I liked it because it was colourful and fun and had cogs and gears and things... ^_^"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Except for what I think was a very brief stint with red a couple years ago, OB has always been blue/lavender/grey. Oh, I guess there was also a dark purple banner once.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[color=deeppink]It used to be this awful shade of pink sometime in early V1. Also, it was brown or so during the AGB days.

And Asphyxia's right; I think v4 was predominantly yellow due to James' obsession with Super Mario Sunshine. : p[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Version 4 was blue/purple/gray and seemed, for some reason, to be one of the least popular skins we've had. (Super Mario Sunshine wasn't released till just before the switch to v5, by the way. I remember working on ShineGet.com while OB was down for a month between versions.) Personally, I liked it more than anything prior to v7.

Version 5 and 6 kind of blend together in my memory. I remember v5 was a big change from v4, but beyond that I don't remember its appearance too much. Maybe I was too high on being a newly appointed super moderator to remember or something. v6 was the red one I'm pretty sure, and I think it also changed some part way through its life, like v7 has done.

I'm still disappointed that the Zelda: The Wind Waker skin never came together. James showed me some of the graphics he was working on for it at the time and it looked like it would've been a nice combination of green, blue, and white.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Version 5 and 6 kind of blend together in my memory. I remember v5 was a big change from v4, but beyond that I don't remember its appearance too much. Maybe I was too high on being a newly appointed super moderator to remember or something. v6 was the red one I'm pretty sure, and I think it also changed some part way through its life, like v7 has done.[/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]i remember v6 still being blue, but it had orange and red lines in the banner. Maybe that was after the change, but I rembmer it being an FF-looking character. Personally, that skin was my favorite I've seen.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Personally I like the top banner, and I think a monochrome skin would be kind of neat. We could even put Bosko on it!

I also agree with Semjaza that we should have this new skin as a third skin, as opposed to replacing the original Liquid one with it.

-Shy[/size]